View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
Roll 306

The world as the players know it:

1. Kyeltziv, Vandolf, John, Sei
2. Kleigg

Notes:

Time: Night

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

"Mana is mana, you can use it all universally. Do you know mana transferring actually? Just taking it out, putting it into stones and constructs?"

Miimas: ”Yeah. That’s how I’ve been charging this rifle, using my own mana. Doesn’t regenerate on its own.”

The lord looks at a clock on the wall before turning to face you all.

Elizabeth: ”Alright, let’s get to it.

The sole objective of this mission is retrieve Matis Emiel and bring him back to Vranhal, alive and intact. According to scouts, he is currently held in a prison facility in the forests approximately two miles North of Teleiat. The facility itself is heavily guarded, the majority of them are Hastae mages, with the rest being prison guards using construct armor. Antimagic and Light-Dark magic users are present, as well as a very small number of armored human forces. It’s suspected that these human forces are connected to the previous operation.

Your team will be deployed using specialized containers launched from the ballista delivery system, landing between Magusalto and where the watch tower used to be. You will then continue on foot towards Teleiat, enter the forest before reaching the city, and move towards the prison facility at a North-West angle.

We’ll be preparing a group of reinforcements, the secondary team, after your launch, they should be slightly behind. Upon reaching the facility, take out high-priority guards and leave the secondary team to distract the rest, then find a way into the facility and retrieve Emiel. Signal to the secondary team once you’re a safe distance away from the facility and return to Vranhal.

As you return, the secondary team will split, one group lagging behind to slow down any pursuers, and one that will travel with you.

Forces around the Leviathan-witch combat zone will attempt to provide cover from hostiles while you’re in the area.

Avoid entering Magusalto, there is a high chance of the unknown hostiles in the city. We currently have one scout in the area, another two are on their way.

Any questions?”

Conditions:
Health: 57/57
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 25/25
AP: 3/3
Melee AP: 2/2
Evasion AP: 2/2
Fortification AP: 1/1
Movement: 3

Evasion Behavior: Use physical dodge when I have Evasion AP and when the Standard AP wasn't going to be used for other actions.

-Ruby Armor (Absorbs all damage) (15 Armor Resilience, 250/250 Durability) (+30 Strength) (+25 Telepathy Resistance)

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

"Then perhaps I will have to stop my friend. Her lust for revenge has gone too far. This was supposed to target the administration."

The creature cocks her head at you the other way.

???: ”This is the administration? They have this area to themselves.”

Conditions:
Health: 50/50
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 5/8

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Captured Spells (2/3)
-??? Armor Plate
-??? Armor Plate

-Stahlnacht Armor (Absorbs all damage) (20 Armor Resilience, 5000/5000 Durability) (Regenerates 100 per turn) (+80 Strength, +20 Evasion)

Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)
Race: Lupus

"Alright.. thanks."

Leaving the building, you head to the house and stash the coffin, making sure the rest of your gear is with you.

Conditions:
Health: 88/88
Stamina: 12/12
Mana: 11/16
Evasion AP: 2/2
Movement: 4

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion A, use Delay and Evade rather than Evade where possible

Spirit’s Eye (Accuracy cannot fall below 50%)

Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)
Race: Lupus

Well, might as well look for Rauha.

A quick walk around the building reveals that he’s not here! It might take some more time to find him.

You return to the room.

The lord looks at a clock on the wall before turning to face you all.

Elizabeth: ”Alright, let’s get to it.

The sole objective of this mission is retrieve Matis Emiel and bring him back to Vranhal, alive and intact. According to scouts, he is currently held in a prison facility in the forests approximately two miles North of Teleiat. The facility itself is heavily guarded, the majority of them are Hastae mages, with the rest being prison guards using construct armor. Antimagic and Light-Dark magic users are present, as well as a very small number of armored human forces. It’s suspected that these human forces are connected to the previous operation.

Your team will be deployed using specialized containers launched from the ballista delivery system, landing between Magusalto and where the watch tower used to be. You will then continue on foot towards Teleiat, enter the forest before reaching the city, and move towards the prison facility at a North-West angle.

We’ll be preparing a group of reinforcements, the secondary team, after your launch, they should be slightly behind. Upon reaching the facility, take out high-priority guards and leave the secondary team to distract the rest, then find a way into the facility and retrieve Emiel. Signal to the secondary team once you’re a safe distance away from the facility and return to Vranhal.

As you return, the secondary team will split, one group lagging behind to slow down any pursuers, and one that will travel with you.

Forces around the Leviathan-witch combat zone will attempt to provide cover from hostiles while you’re in the area.

Avoid entering Magusalto, there is a high chance of the unknown hostiles in the city. We currently have one scout in the area, another two are on their way.

Any questions?”

Conditions:
Health: 96/96
Stamina: 32/32
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2
Heroic AP: 10/10
Movement: 4

Evasion Behavior: Default evasion - Delay and Evade, block if out of evasion AP

Name: Sei (Areku)

You nod, and then realize they can’t see you nodding. You write “Nod” on the paper and show the message in the direction of Vranhal, and you receive a flash of light in response.

Signaling to the witch to hop back into your backpack, it obeys. Once she’s safely inside, you shoulder the pack and head down the mountain, looking out for any tunnels to avoid, and walk directly towards the city.

The city is in complete darkness, with the massive towers block out any moonlight that might escape the clouds and illuminate a road.

Once you head in, you might not be able to find your way out until it’s day.

Conditions:
Health: 75/75
Stamina: 20/20
Mana: 0/0

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Missing Left Arm

Damaged Spirit
-Cannot use magic
-Unable to act

Antimagic/Spirit Control Device (attached to upper right arm)
-Stops negative effects from the damaged spirit
-Immune to (most) Direct Magic/Telepathy

“Kazooie” Witch in backpack

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:02 am
Loose Canon

"Do we have any numbers for opposing forces?"

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:07 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Do we have any numbers for opposing forces?"

Elizabeth: "Anywhere ranging from a hundred to five hundred. The exact size of the enemy force is unknown, outward forces are roughly a hundred, but it's not known how many they have inside the facility."

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:11 am

WELL GOOD THING THEY JUST AIRDROPPED ME A LANTERN.

>Hang lantern on belt, head in. Try to make sense of the towers. Are they tall enough that vranhal could see it if I were to send a message from the top of one?"

>Look for anyone alive, or any reason the messages might have stopped.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"What about the secondary team and the covering forces?"

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:26 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"What about the secondary team and the covering forces?"

Elizabeth: "Forty among the secondary team. Covering forces, we have roughly eighty Vranhal units scattered around the zone. Twenty or so will be providing cover.

Crow-pattern witches are friendlies, we've made minor success communicating with them, and the dragon and leviathan have shown no interest in human, lupus, or chirop actions."

Areku wrote:
WELL GOOD THING THEY JUST AIRDROPPED ME A LANTERN.

>Hang lantern on belt, head in. Try to make sense of the towers. Are they tall enough that vranhal could see it if I were to send a message from the top of one?"

>Look for anyone alive, or any reason the messages might have stopped.

Hanging the lantern on your belt and turning it on, you head into the city.

The layout of the city seems to have the largest towers in the center and the shorter ones at the edges, and without much between the city and Vranhal, you should be able to send them a message from the top of any towers on the east side of the city (this was observed prior to entering the city).

From inside, it's difficult to navigate even with your lamp.

Dark roads, the occasional body of a chirop mage or soldier here and there, and you even come across groups of bodies.

None of them appear burned, they've ever been cut in half, torn apart, or splattered against a wall or the ground.

You think you're in the outer area of the city right now. Maybe you'll find something else if you head deeper in?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:00 am

>Only soldiers, or civilians too?

>Go deeper. As deep as I can.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Head out on a jog/run to mead.
>Can I use power flow/agility flow or such to boost movement speed? Or even derive such an ability from them?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:08 am

Areku wrote:
>Only soldiers, or civilians too?

>Go deeper. As deep as I can.

Looks like only soldiers so far. You continue on, heading deeper in.

Several minutes of uneventful walking pass by, until you stop from the sight of something ahead of you.

A figure slightly taller than you that looks vaguely human. It wears a dark blue hoop dress, and some large object affixed to its back that looks like a large, burnt wooden greatsword with an extremely wide guard.

The creature's limbs are dainty, and its neck looks a little too long for a human. Deathly pale skin and hair that looks like it's made of a mass of long black-metal horns.

It greets you with a wide smile, staring with bright amber eyes.

Something softly pecks the back of your head.

Kazooie: "Danger. Small Ensi."

Amazigh wrote:
>Head out on a jog/run to mead.
>Can I use power flow/agility flow or such to boost movement speed? Or even derive such an ability from them?

You leave the city and jog/run to Mead.

Using our Power/Agility flow, you're able to modify it so you can cover larger distances. Bigger steps/leaps, that sort of thing.

Not really increasing your ability to react, though.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:30 am

> Start adding exceptions to some of the people in the room, but leave them toggled off for now.

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"What about the prison itself and its inmates, aside from Emiel. I assume leave intact, so as to not release magic criminals everywhere?"

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Get a feel for how I cast the two, can I combine them into a single spell? or something?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:40 am

>Try to remain calm. No sudden movements. Stay ready for if it attacks me, but act casual.

"Hail there! Good to see someone else alive in here. I'm Sei, a traveler. You?"

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:43 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Start adding exceptions to some of the people in the room, but leave them toggled off for now.

You add the three black mages, two blues, Torrent, Miimas, John, Monk, and the red-eyed woman as exceptions, but leaving them toggled off for now.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"What about the prison itself and its inmates, aside from Emiel. I assume leave intact, so as to not release magic criminals everywhere?"

Elizabeth: "If it can be avoided, then yes, refrain from doing major damage to the facility or to cells that are not Emiel's, unless you are out of options.."

Amazigh wrote:
>Get a feel for how I cast the two, can I combine them into a single spell? or something?

Combining both into a single spell, hmm. It requires effort into overcoming brute strength as well as forcing your limbs to move faster, still resulting in double the casting.

You think you might be able to figure out how to use speed to strengthen your attacks, but it wouldn't be the same as using actual brute strength.

Areku wrote:
>Try to remain calm. No sudden movements. Stay ready for if it attacks me, but act casual.

"Hail there! Good to see someone else alive in here. I'm Sei, a traveler. You?"

The creature points its palm at you, speaking in a friendly, feminine voice.

???: "Who sent you?"

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:11 pm

>Shrug. Don't think lying is a good idea now.

"Vranhal paid me to scout the city, but going this deep was my own idea."

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 257  Next