View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Magitech: Frontiers 

Post Re: Magitech: Frontiers
So nicolasx is well overdue, but it wouldn't exactly be appropriate to kick him without him knowing the rule. So we have to wait.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 am
Loose Canon

If you can't check regularly, you're impeding the game. This is not anything new.
Kick him out, let's get this show on the road.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:10 am
Profile WWW

but then I'll have to WRITE

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:13 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

His profile says he ain't been on the forums since the 2nd.

Kick his ass and continue the steam roll.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:15 am
Profile WWW

Greaaaat. Let me see if I can contact Huntsman, as I said before, no need to ruin my game as well.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:33 am

Since we're going to be actually rolling now, what are the exact meanings of the dice? Is it as such:?

1-3 Epic Fail / 4-7 Okay / 8-10 Good Success

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 am

I'd assume:

1: High Fail (Likely will result in an injury or perilous position of some kind)
2: Moderate Fail (Don't do what you want and probably end up worse than you started)
3: Mild Fail (In of itself, simply fail to do the action- may or may not result in negative repercussions depending on the situation)
4-5: Mild Success (Do what you want with limited success)
6-7: Moderate Success (Do what you want, no more, no less)
8: High Success (Do what you want perfectly)
9: Epic Success (Do what you want like a total boss and often accomplish more than you intended)
10: Overshoot (I think we agreed to make this only an overshoot if it was a natural 10- otherwise, it's just another Epic Success)

This is essentially what I'm using. I don't think we all have to have the same system word for word, but to avoid any imbalances between DMs and their players, I think we should follow something akin to this. Feel free to discuss the system, suggest changes, et al- we should get this straight and all be on the same page before any major combat or anything :P

EDIT: Also, on the classic scale of 1 to 6, here's how to interpret my system:

1 = 1-2
2 = 3
3 = 4-5
4 = 6-7
5 = 8-9
6 = (Natural) 10

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Holy Crap... I had a holiday yesterday and had my email down...

well if im kicked im kicked, sorry guys was looking forward to this...

if not heres my action.

Go outside and look around

EDIT: Also I don't mean to seem sappy but if you give me the chance this wont happen again. I am always on my laptop and il set a daily reminder if need be. Sorry I didn't get the PM's I am supposed to get an email once I get one or someone responds to this post, I am especially sorry that I held up the game. I will now set a daily reminder, even if I am kicked, cause the story looks pretty cool.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Weeeell I did make the rule say that "if you come back before we roll then you're not kicked" so I say that you are okay.

Just remember that we were kicking you because you were (accidentally?) holding up the game, NOT because we hate you.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 pm

I know, i've done this a few times now, its just so easy to forget... anyways, ive set a reminder to pop up every day at twelve thirty pm est, and will try my best to keep up. Sorry for unintentionally holding up the game.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Post Re: Magitech : Frontiers
(Izen) Skeev: [7]
Healthy
Skeev takes two each of MedKit and Potion as he passes the shelf. The Older Rifle unlocks the door and opens it. Directly ahead on the horizon is a great dark cloud that boils and shifts on its own - and seems to be coming closer.

"Uh, what exactly are we up against here?" Skeev asks either of the two.
"Well, ♥♥♥♥," replies the Older Rifle, "That's those bloody Magi again. They don't let it rest, do they?"
The other man answers by loading a magazine and pulling a round into his rifle's chamber with a dramatic shick ker-click.

Outside and against the wall to the left is a steel ladder that leads to the very top of the tower, otherwise the crouch-height wall cover goes all the way around the 10m-wide spire-like building. Although, the Spire itself ironically towers over this building by many stories.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 pm

I thought we agreed on no overshoots?

EDIT: Yeah it's in the OP.
Quote:
We are going to be using a D10 without overshoots or undershoots:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm
Loose Canon

Well I guess my roll is up next.

(Roast Veg) Aeos Drintal [9]
You stand up and dust off the seat of your pants. Probably got whore-dust on em, god knows what that could do to you. You take off across the roof, heading west towards the city wall. You easily leap between roofs, Teleporting when the gaps are too high to jump. All anyone sees is a fast blur moving across the roofs. Somewhere along the way you pick up a little ball of light that's decided to follow you. Random little bits of rogue magic aren't unheard of, and this one doesn't seem dangerous, so you don't give it much thought. When you reach the wall, you use a combination of Teleportation and jumping to reach the top in a spot where the Rifles won't see you.
From here, you can see a bit more...
In the fog there are plenty of moving humanoids. Regular humans of course, and then a plethora of hulking shapes which can only be elementals. Hopefully no flesh golems or anything like that; the undead give you the willies.
Suddenly, a gust of wind blows out from the city, towards the fog. The massive cloud shifts ever so slightly for just a moment, and you discern... something. 50 feet up in the air. And it was much too large to be just something flying. Your first thought is a golem, but a golem that big? There's no way any mage could support something like that.
Right?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

(nicolasx)Verigon= 6
Healthy
Quote:
Heading outside, you look at the large clouds that have gathered above the city.
Crackling with both Olvitium magical energy as well as lightning, no doubt generated by the think smog brought with the Stein, they seem pretty ominous.
The road in front of you stretches east to west, with the Olvitium army approaching from the west and the Stein lying to the east. There is a small alleyway leading north however, one that stretches all the way to Castle Grey, if you were to take that you may be able to reach Lord Robert before the battle.
Just before you reach a decision, a large thunder clap signals the start of rain, if you don't hurry you'll be thoroughly soaked.
"The Lord could certainly use your help, but I'm sure you'd be appreciated on either of the walls."
Charlotte sits on your head, casting a little barrier to work as a makeshift umbrella. While practically useless in combat, teaching her some minor spells has certainly paid off for situations like this.
When you bought her in that jar at the gypsy market, thinking she was just a silly parlour trick, you almost had a heart attack when you got home and she said she cut you up If you tried to eat her or anything. The fact someone would do that to-
*Poke*
Ehem, quite right, you should be moving.
so,
East (Stien), West (Olvitium) or North (Castle Grey)?
*cough*Windfall*cough*

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:16 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

If anyone goes to Lord Robert, I'll play him as he is a major NPC.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:29 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next