View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Arousing game of chess. 
Loose Canon

Post Re: A rousing game of chess.
Got it. I'm gonna have some fun with this. >:)

Now I want to make a bunch of pre-made heroes for this that I'll never use. I must do this. Progress will be here.

Blockade
HP: 60
MP:80
Defense: 13%
Damage: 5
Move: 3 Squares
XP bar: 0/30
Shards 100

Abilities:
Embargo -LVL 1-: Erects a shield to the three squares in front of the Hero. Shields each have 80 Health and 30% Defense. While using, Hero takes double damage.

2ND SKILL: Ceasefire -LVL 1-: Can only use while using Embargo. Shoots forward the shields 3 spaces, pushing any enemy units back. Does no damage.

3RD SKILL: Iron Will -LVL 1-: Takes no damage from enemies with 6 or lower Damage.

Doom Warlock
HP: 50
MP:90
Defense: 10%
Damage: 6
Shards 100

Abilities:
Spectral Storm -LVL 1-: Creates a 5x5 field that damages any units inside for the Hero's Damage at the start of the unit's turn. Lasts 5 turns. Can only have 1 up at a time.

2ND SKILL: Spectral Burn -LVL 1-: Creates a 3x3 field that damages any units inside for twice the Hero's Damage at the start of the unit's turn. Lasts 5 turns. Can only have one up at a time.

3RD AND MOST IMPORTANT SKILL: Pandemonium -LVL 1-: Designates one tile. Any unit on that tile takes 3 times the Hero's damage at the start of the unit's turn. Lasts 5 turns. Can only have 1 active at a time.
In addition, if Pandemonium is cast in the center of Spectral Burn in the middle of Spectral Storm, all units within a 7x7 area around Pandemonium take 4 times the Hero's damage instantly, and all three spells of the Hero are ended.

Last edited by TorrentHKU on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Reserve me a spot! Making character!

EDIT:
Hero Name: Zanzibar
MP: 90
Attack: 6
Move: 3 square/turn
XP Bar: 0/30
Shards: 100

Arcane Bullet -LVL 1-: Attacks any enemy which is on a radius of 10x10 around him.

EDIT2 : Sorry Hyperkultra, i didn't read your post...

Black

Last edited by Plagorath on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:46 am

Hero Name: NecroMancer
MP: 95
Attack:5

Abilities:
Summon Undead Minion -lvl1- Summons a weak minion to help you fight. [Er, the GM can determine the stats of the minion and how long it lasts]

I go with the side with less players.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:04 am
Loose Canon

Plagorath wrote:
Snipe -LVL 1-: Attacks a unit that is on a radius of 10x10 squares around him.

:<

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

I'm not going to actually join (at this moment, I may change my mind later), but I want to point out that I didn't see any limiting factors in the OP so you can't make someone like...

Hero Name: Freya
MP: 80
Attack:6
Move: 4 square/turn

Abilities:
- Norwegian Winter: Freya calls upon her home region's winds to bring polar ice to the field. All heroes (besides Freya) without the word "Ice" in their name are frozen and receive 3 damage/turn for the next ten turns, until the winds recede back to Norwegia.

Isn't that a bit unbalanced?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:14 am

Duh102 wrote:
Abilities:
- Norwegian Winter: Freya calls upon her home region's winds to bring polar ice to the field. All heroes (besides Freya) without the word "Ice" in their name are frozen and receive 3 damage/turn for the next ten turns, until the winds recede back to Norwegia.[/size]

Isn't that a bit unbalanced?

Indeed it is. But i will balance all abilities and define an MP cost when i ahve drawn all hero characters. Dont worry.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:15 am

Hero Name: Vlad
Defense: 13%

Abilities:
-LVL1- Vampyre Accent (Passive Ability) Causes enemies in a [insert balanced No.] cell area to lose [insert balanced No.]% Defence. Also gives hero a ridiculous accent.

EDIT: Black!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:16 am

Maybe I'll join later.
Hero Name: <To be decided>
Ability: If you move in roughly the same direction for one or more turns, attack increases proportionately to the amount of squares moved.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 am
Profile WWW

Hero Name: Gallaran
HP: 60

Abilities:
Leap - This unit jumps high up into the air, and becomes immune to damage until the end of his next turn, but cannot use anything other than other abilities. Has a cooldown period of one turn after he lands, in which he cannot do anything other than move.

--Partisan Toss Lvl. 1- This unit throws his spear at any unit within a 5x5 radius. Damage is 150% regular attack. Can only be used mid-leap.

--Spear Storm Lvl. 1- Throws spears at all enemies within a 3x3 radius for 50% normal damage. Can only be used mid-leap.

Black Team. By the way, those other abilities aside from leap are like sub-abilities, to be leveled seperately, if that's cool.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:51 am

Pretty sure you can only have one starting ability, period :P

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:15 am

I know, but my idea was that the jump is just a setup that branches into an actual attack. If he says no, I'll let the leap move my guy instead, and make the other ones his higher levels.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:27 am

White:

Bashcar:
Attack: 8

Abilities:
Frenzy MP: 30 -LVL 1-:
Can whip up into a murderous frenzy. 250% Attack while in frenzy, but must attack the nearest target (even allies). Character lacks even the simplest of complex thought while in this state, to the point at which even things such as speech are found incapable (Character is only able to utter grunts or let out screams of anger, etc.). Frenzy is only left when the lust for blood has been satiated (when an enemy is killed, a choice can be made to flip a coin. If a coin is flipped, heads means frenzy is over).

--------------------------

Berserker
Move: 3 squares/turn

Abilities:
Rage -LVL 1- MP: 30:
Causes the Berserker to attack with reckless abandon; the downside to this is he also discards any survival instinct he may have had in the first place. (When activated, attack = 200% of normal value but defense = 50% of normal value) Lasts for 3 turns.

Sniper
MP:80
Shards 100

Abilities:
Snipe -LVL 1- MP: 15:
Attacks an enemy at up to 10 squares away in a straight line. Must reload the next turn. 15% chance for a headshot, which does double damage.

Black:

Rook Captain
HP: 55 point
Attack:6 point
Defense: 13% point

Abilities:
Mace Toss -LVL 1- MP: 20:
Throws an attack three spaces ahead.

Spiral Tower
Defense: 19%

Abilities
Stalemate - LVL1- MP: 30:
forms a shield , +30% defense while using Stalemate . forms shield on any 2 sides holds for 4 turns or until moved

Zanzibar
MP: 90
Attack: 6

Arcane Bullet -LVL 1- MP: 30:
Attacks an enemy which is on a radius of 8x8 Diamond around him.

And we are ready to begin then!

The Pieces have been set, and the play style has been defined:

3 VS 3 Heroes.
Kill the King.

Legend:

Castle: Destroying the opposite castle is the goal of the game. When attacking the castle, the king will come out to defend it. Killing the king, and thus, the castle will win the game.

Owned Factory: Every 3 turns, a group of Units are spawned from a Factory. The Heroes can spend Shards here to upgrade themselves by buying new equipment. Heroes can also alter the group of units spawned from a factory.

Neutral Factory: Just like a factory, except it is not owned and thus doesnt produce units. Takes 3 turns to capture.

Netrual Mine: A mine, that when captured grants the owners team 20 shards every turn. Takes 2 turns to capture.

Neutral Flag: A banner raises the morale of units, and thus the attack and defense power. Each owned flag hightens the teams attack by 1 and defense by 3%. Takes 1 turn to capture.

Capturing: To capture a piece on the field, you must stand besides the piece when the turn ends. If you move away from the piece you are capturing, the capturing will stop. Only heroes can capture.

Now:

Round 1!

And we are underways! Im sorry to all you new guys who made characters... But i worked on the first come first serve principle! I hope you will be enjoying this Rousing Game of Chess!

Last edited by dexexe1234 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:37 am

I've been tweaking my ability a teeny bit. :/
CrazyMLC wrote:
Frenzy -LVL 1-: Can whip up into a murderous frenzy. 250% Attack while in frenzy, but must attack the nearest target (even allies). Character lacks even the simplest of complex thought while in this state, to the point at which even things such as speech are found incapable (Character is only able to utter grunts or let out screams of anger, etc.). Frenzy is only left when the lust for blood has been satiated (when an enemy is killed, a choice can be made to flip a coin. If a coin is flipped, heads means frenzy is over).

Any re-evaluation possible here?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Can we move and attack on the same turn?
> Move Right 3 spaces.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
I've been tweaking my ability a teeny bit. :/
CrazyMLC wrote:
Frenzy -LVL 1-: Can whip up into a murderous frenzy. 250% Attack while in frenzy, but must attack the nearest target (even allies). Character lacks even the simplest of complex thought while in this state, to the point at which even things such as speech are found incapable (Character is only able to utter grunts or let out screams of anger, etc.). Frenzy is only left when the lust for blood has been satiated (when an enemy is killed, a choice can be made to flip a coin. If a coin is flipped, heads means frenzy is over).

Any re-evaluation possible here?

Ok its changed.

Hyperkultra wrote:
Can we move and attack on the same turn?
> Move Right 3 spaces.

Yes you can.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next