View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Mecha ON HOLD 

Post Re: Roll To Dodge - Blue
You're supposedly allowed 3 you have 2.

And I meant that the Ionized particles will keep going forward until they are disturbed by something that is strong enough to stop them or disturbed for long enough to be stopped. my point is that it's not a LANCE but more like a laser, but instead of light it used Ionized particles, IT'S NOT A LANCE.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:53 pm

I never said it was a lance. I said it lanced forwards. Difference.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Shadow, it isn't even funny how obviously copied your mech description is. Fix that.
Everyone, go ahead and get heavier armor and weight. Lights should be 20-40 tons, Mids 40-70 tons, and Heavies 70-100 tons. As it is now, we have a bunch of lightly armored featherweights.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile WWW

I tried to save some time but I guess you won't let it slide, so OK I'll change it.

Done, I wrote it up from scratch so there's no way it was copied.

Edit: I just noticed something in the announcement, that something says there will be 6 character + Hyper's character, so that means I wasn't the last entry :D

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm surprised we haven't had a

Pilot

Name: Anthony Stark
Physical Description: Rich playboy and industrialist.

Mecha

Name: Bleeding Edge
Height/Weight: 5'11"/350 lbs
Physical Description: Formed out of nano-machines that can transform into any clothing/armor Stark likes at will.
Classification: Exo-Suit
Combat Role: Special
Primary Weapon: Palm Repulsor Rays
Secondary Weapon: Chest Uni-Beam
Abilities:
Arc Reactor (Immune to conventional Anti-Reactor weapons)
Regeneration (The nano-machines that make up the suit can quickly regenerate, making the armor nigh invulnerable)
Flight (The suit can use propulsion methods to travel at speeds at or beyond mach 3)
Transhuman (Various parts of Stark's body have been replaced by better mechanical parts, or enhanced. +2 to rolls involving Super-Intelligence, Super-Strength, or Super-Speed)
SuperWeapon: -

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

- PILOT -

Name: Test Subject 010-N-A "Amazigh"
Physical Description: Left eye is a cybernetic replacement, as is left arm and a portion of his spine, has a socket in the back of his skull that is used to connect to the mech, short brown hair, remaining eye is grey
Backstory: Test subject for a new neural interface system, working as a mercenary to gather more combat data on the neural interface to see if it is viable for more widespread usage.

- MECHA-

Name: HI 01-8 PLS Adalah "Barbaroi"
Height/Weight: 16M/104 Tons
Physical Description:
The Adalah chassis was designed as a heavy fire support platform for advanced weapons
The 01-8 PLS Variant is the most powerful of the Mecha based on the 00-8 "Adalah" chassis
Appearing as an extremely large but relatively short quadrupedal mecha the 01-8 PLS has rather large amounts of ferro-fibrous armor mounted across it's chassis, but has lesser armor coverage on the rear of it's torso to allow more efficient heat dispersal from it's large array of heat sinks needed to keep the F-0100-XL Fusion reactor at a safe temprature
the 01-8 PLS variant mounts a pair of type 010-P large model plasma cannons in it's side torso "arm" mounts
The units 360 degree torso twist capacity and ability to move in any direction compensates for the lack of a secondary weapon
Similar in apperance to http://image.metalrage.gamehi.com/image ... /au_05.gif
Classification: Super Heavy
Combat Role: Artillery/Fire support
Primary Weapon: Twin Type 010-P Large Model Plasma Cannons - long range high power cannons that fire a powerful bolt of plasma can vaporise near enough anything
Secondary Weapon: N/A
Abilities:
--- Advanced Optics: +1 to long range targeting
--- Advanced FCS: +1 to precision targeting
--- Neural Link: +1 to any precise control needed
--- Heat sinks: if half of them are destroyed then can only fire plasma cannons every other turn (or only one per turn)
SuperWeapon: Plasma Cascade - (overloads plasma cannons and fires an insanely powerful blast) when used half of the heatsinks will be rendered unusable and need repairs (if used a second time before the heatsinks are repaired the reactor will overload catastrophically) (also causes the mech to shut down for 2 turns)

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:54 pm
DRLGrump

Hyperkultra wrote:
Waiting on Shagdoll now.

EDIT: That came out wrong.

You mean it came out SEXY?
Edit: Quick question. For the Mecha thing, can you have multiple weapons as your primary, assuming they essentially act as one weapon?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:09 am

Pilot

Name: Colonel McStabby
Physical Description: Fairly fit for an old guy, is bald, has an epic moustache. Wearing: Typical military uniform reminiscent of Africa during WWI. Has a monocle, pocket-watch and pipe. He also has a trusty blunderbuss stowed behind his head-rest.
Backstory: Old British Colonel, believes in the good all days of the British Empire.

Mecha

Name: Victoria
Height/Weight: 7m/100 Ton
Physical Description: Short, but heavy mech. Bipedal, with a howitzer on the right arm and twin machine guns on the left arm. Huge Tsar cannon mounted on back for 'special occasions'. Has an extra leg to be extended behind mech for when firing Tsar Cannon or for added accuracy with howitzer.
Classification: Heavy
Combat Role: Artillery
Primary Weapon: M198 Howizter
Secondary Weapon: Twin mounted Vickers MkV .50 Machine guns
Abilities:
-Stabilizing leg (see above) [active]
-Life support systems [passive]
-Marksman [passive]
SuperWeapon: Tsar Cannon mounted on back.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:39 pm

About the super weapon.

1: Huge amount of explosives on the back of your mecha = bad idea.
2: The missile is probably larger than your mech.
3: That's damn overpowered.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:20 pm
Profile WWW

And that overpowerness can't be covered by saying "But my mech weighs 60 tonnes and is a chibi mech". and since there's no way this thing will survive too many 2 battles and will ultimately lead you to your death and to all of those around you.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm
DRLGrump

Mecha Sheet. I already PM'd it to Hyper, so I'm just letting everyone see it here.
The Great Tomaster wrote:
Pilot
Name
Vladimír Shurla
Physical Description
About 5' 10" and 150lbs. Skinny but well built. Broad face with high cheekbones, and brown hair. Fairly pale skin tone, like someone who's out in the sun a lot, but the sun isn't very intense.
Backstory
While Vladimir was born in Slovenia, he is a citizen of no country, and holds no loyalty to anyone but himself. He was born about 27 years before the events of the Armageddon, and had lead a tough life before then. Both of his parents were killed before he turned 13, and he had to learn to survive on the streets. He quickly joined one of the local gangs, and learned that honor was only used by those who wished to die very quickly. Using treachery, deceit, and backstabbing, he quickly rose through the ranks and was the head of his gang by the age of 18. Realizing that there was more to life than killing in the alleyways of polluted cities, he became a mercenary for hire, where he killed on the “civilized” battlefields for pay. He travelled the world, fighting for the warring factions that were common in the years before the Armageddon. Less than a week after the Armageddon, he and a few other mercenaries went on a self-motivated raiding of a Mecha facility. They managed to make off with a few of the lesser Mechas, and the crown jewel of the facility, the Goliath Mk.IV. Vladimir went into hiding for about 6 months, during which he upgraded and tweaked the Goliath’s armor, weapons systems, and engines using black market parts. For the past 18 months, Vladimir has been forced to remain in hiding, where the only real experience he’s had is in training simulations and mock battles with other mercenaries. However, it’s finally safe for him to emerge, and he has recently joined up with six other Mecha pilots…

Mecha
Name
Goliath Mk.V
Height/Weight
19M/112 Tons
Physical Description
A Mecha design in development since before Armageddon. The engines, weaponry, and armor have all been updated to the newest, but the chassis has been kept. It's extremely heavy and large, designed primarily for support roles and large scale assaults. Originally painted Camo Green, the color scheme has been updated to a more suitable Desert Camo, although it's still difficult to conceal a 62' tall Mecha. It's capable of holding its own against several Mechas in a head-on attack; however, it's more suited to supporting other Mechas, since they can protect its backside. The cockpit and weaponry are mounted on a 360-degree swiveling base, underneath which is a hexapedal base, allowing for movement over extremely rough terrain. However, this configuration means it is incapable of using any sort of additional propulsion methods, such as jets, and is very slow as a result. It often arrives after battles have begun, but is capable of changing the tide once there. The cockpit and legs are heavily armored, accounting for most of its weight. However, the underside of the chassis has only light armor, and is vulnerable as such.
Classification
Super Heavyweight
Combat Role
Slow Moving Assault/Support
Primary Weapon
Four Rail-Cannons, all on separate tracking and movement systems, capable of accelerating high density depleted uranium slugs to Mach 4. Accuracy is superb if all are targeting the same object, decreases exponentially if targeting separate units and Vladimir has to deal with additional input and divide his attention between them.
Secondary Weapon
One Hellfire missile system. Packed with 36 small missiles (like, 12 inches small) guided by area designation, it's a fire and forget system. Pick a rough area to bombard, and hit the fire button to launch all 36. Useful against large, stationary units or buildings, not effective against moving targets. Capable of being reloaded, but it's a long and tedious process taking up to three turns, during which the weapon is useless.
Abilities
Heavily Armored: The top of the line plating and armor layering on the majority of the Goliath provides superior protection against all types of attacks. However, this greatly reduces the agility of the Goliath (+1 to defense rolls, -1 to dodging attacks)
Depleted Uranium Slugs: The use of Depleted Uranium as an ammunition is somewhat uncommon nowadays, due to the rarity of Uranium. However, it's still a potent weapon, especially against lightly armored units (+1 to attacks using the main guns)
Morale Boost: The sight of this terrifying beast lumbering over the horizon is strikes both fear into the enemies and pride in the allied forces, knowing that the Goliath has changed the outcome of battles that were thought unwinnable (+1 to all allied rolls at the beginning of the battle, or when the Goliath arrives on the battle scene)
SuperWeapon
Ypsilon Strike: Floods Vladimir's system with massive amounts of adrenaline, allowing him to operate at twice his normal capacity for one turn, and runs the engines into overdrive. He can now use all four Rail-Cannons with pinpoint accuracy even when targeting separate units and the reloading systems operate with amazing speed, allowing him to fire all four twice in one turn. He can also take control of the Hellfire missile system, and ensure that all missiles hit their target, no matter what the size or speed. All of this culminates into one devastating barrage of death for whoever is unlucky enough to gain his attention and wrath.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:02 pm

@Shadow: I love how you try to predict what will happen in Hkultra's RTDs with no evidentiary backing whatsoever. For all you know, that mech is the most powerful thing in the universe, and further on, the rolls are really more important than the actual armaments. I could throw a toothpick at a mecha if I rolled a 5 and cause some kind of a malfunction and subsequent self-destruction because it flew into an exposed hinge. Shut up.

@Crazy: Good point, but blowing up a nuke with force will typically not generate an actual nuclear blast. A big explosion, sure, but it's much more delicate than that.

In any case: irrelevant. I'm giving this next design a bit more thought. (to be edited in)

Pilot
Name: Sargon
Physical Description: Blond hair, green eyes, stocky build.

Mecha
Name: Razgriz
Height/Weight: 15 meters, 70 tons
Physical Description: Heavily armored support unit, designed mainly to support a deployment of allied mechas. Although it has a fair chance of winning a one-on-one fight, its weapons are more geared towards long-range fighting.
Classification: Heavy
Combat Role: Support
Primary Weapon: 4 M242X Bushmaster Chain Guns: An auto-cannon originally produced as a 200 RPM, 25mm chain-gun in 1972, but recently redesigned for mecha-level combat efficiency. These heavy guns fire 40mm armor-piercing shells at 200 RPM, and have an effective range of 5 kilometers. The barrage they deliver at close range is frightening, but can be withstood by a mecha with a shield or extremely heavy armor long enough for a retaliation attack; thus, these are more suited to engaging light-to-medium mecha at long range. They can also be used as anti-air defenses, very effectively so against slower-moving craft like helicopters (ARE there helicopters?) and transport craft.
Secondary Weapon: 4 Brimstone HEAT missiles: These heavy British missiles weigh nearly 50kg, and use a Tandem Shaped Charge in the warhead; this causes a small explosion right before the main impact, meant to trigger reactive armor or simply to soften up a target's armor, immediately after which the main HEAT warhead hits the target. With a range of 12km and supersonic speed, Razgriz's Brimstone missiles are hard to dodge and fairly effective on most types of light to heavy mecha.
Abilities: Energy Shield: Fires a small mobile shield generator which can defend the Razgriz or an allied mecha for two turns.
Super Weapon: Nimrod: For inflicting maximum pain, one heat-seeking, super-heavy Nimrod missile has been installed on the Razgriz. Much more powerful than the Brimstone missiles the Razgriz has as a secondary weapon (with a weight of nearly 100kg and a length of 260cm), the Nimrod missile is extremely deadly against heavily or super-heavily armored mecha. It's even harder to miss with this weapon than with the Brimstone, since the Nimrod moves at a speed of 2,000 km/h and has a range of 36km. The thermobaric (fuel-air) missile also fragments on impact and is highly explosive. However, due to the reliance on external oxygen for a fuel-air shockwave, the Nimrod's power is greatly diluted in space or underwater, where only the fragmentation and HEAT parts of the warhead can really work; even so, it remains deadly in almost any environment.

Last edited by Ragdollmaster on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 pm
DRLGrump

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Super Weapon: Hellfire Barrage: For inflicting maximum pain, 20 heat-seeking Hellfire missiles have been installed on the Razgriz; intentionally designed for emergencies and last ditch efforts, all 20 missiles are launched simultaneously from the mecha's shoulders at a single or multiple targets and cannot be fired one by one. With each missile packing considerably more power than the standard four HEAT missiles on the Razgriz, and with 5 times as many to boot, this is without a doubt the most powerful attack offered by the mecha.

*cough*
Tomaster wrote:
Secondary Weapon
One Hellfire missile system. Packed with 36 small missiles (like, 12 inches small) guided by area designation, it's a fire and forget system. Pick a rough area to bombard, and hit the fire button to launch all 36. Useful against large, stationary units or buildings, not effective against moving targets. Capable of being reloaded, but it's a long and tedious process taking up to three turns, during which the weapon is useless.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 am

@Tomaster: lolmaibad. Edited in a new one :P Hope nobody has armed themselves with Brimstone or Nimrod missiles.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 pm
Loose Canon

Post Roll To Dodge Mecha
Alright, that's all the important crap I can find from Blue. So yes, as you can see, I've taken the liberty of opening up a thread for Mecha! Why you ask? Well firstly for the Epeen, secondly because I plan to do a few fun, optional things for Mecha that would just be cumbersome if I did them during the game, but could be cool/fun if outside it.
I'll be starting the first of those things probably tonight. I'll also be revising the tech limitations, since I've grown to think they were a wee bit restricting.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next