View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 82  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Mecha ON HOLD 

Post Re: RtD - Mecha NPC Contest, Pg. 3 for Rules!
Hyperkultra wrote:
Roast Veg, I can point an exact link to the flash game you printscreened that from.

I believe its name is mecha dress up which can be found on newgrounds

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:26 am

I'm gonna insert myself into this.

Pilot

Name: Ben Pasko (o ho ho so clever)
Physical Description: About 6'1, 150 lbs, brown hair, brown eyes.

Mecha

Name: ScrapDog
Height/Weight: 18 Meters/53 Tons

Physical Description: A humanoid robot pieced together from scrap metal, is painted Red and White with racing stripes on the shoulders and torso, and flames on the feet and hands. Has big, muscle car style exhaust pipes sticking out of a box on the back.

Classification: Medium

Combat Role: Close Quarters Combat / Demolition

Primary Weapon: A junk cannon, with an attached arm above it, to compress anything loaded into it into a tight cannon ball.

Secondary Weapon: A magnetic crane arm, like one you'd find at a junkyard, with 2 foot long steel spikes on it, attached to one of his hands.

Abilities: Ben can repair and modify mecha well, having made his own from scratch. (+1 to repair/modify)
ScrapDog can maneuver well, and was designed to quickly strike other mecha (+1 to guarding / melee against mechs)

SuperWeapon: Hyper-Magnetic Wrecking Ball. When launched from the junk cannon, a powerful electromagnet activates inside of this cannon ball, strong enough to pull out all the screws and rivets and such from an enemy mech. Unfortunately, due to the extreme nature of the projectile, and the difficulty making it, Ben only has one, and can't make any more.

Last edited by Benpasko on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 am, edited 9 times in total.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 am
Loose Canon

SO NOW WE HAVE NOTHING BUT LIGHT MECHA.
OH JOY.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:47 am
Profile WWW

Hey man, I've never been a fan of heavy mechs myself. And my mech was made in a scrap yard, by a teenager, so of course it's gonna be smaller and lighter.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:50 am
Loose Canon

And another thing, what is with all these damn teens?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:56 am
Profile WWW

I like mechs, so inserting me, myself, as my character was too tempting. I could make up a character if you want, but it wouldn't quite be the same.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 am

I don't think that mecha would be a light mecha :oops:
Hueg wrecking balls and heavy ♥♥♥♥,i think that it should be a medium,but who cares,i'm not running the rtd.Sorry if you read this as offensive,i have no intent to do so. :oops:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 am

Actually, you're right. I think I'll beef it up a bit.

Edit: Beefed up. Bam.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hyperkultra wrote:
And another thing, what is with all these damn teens?

Apparently it is easy to get access to powerful military hardware when a teen.

Dont have to worry about age with a AI, it just can keep going... No need for food or water or other human necessities, it can just keep going and fighting where ever.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:11 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
Dont have to worry about age with a AI, it just can keep going... No need for food or water or other human necessities, it can just keep going and fighting where ever.

CoughEMPcough

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:17 am

Or because anime mecha generally has stupidly young kids behind destructive firepower.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:18 am
Profile WWW

I built mine so it didn't involve any military-grade firepower or anything on purpose. I know having a teen with access to military stuff is too far fetched, but making it himself is just far fetched enough for me.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:20 am

alphagamer774 wrote:
Or because anime mecha generally has stupidly young kids behind destructive firepower.

An example of that is evangelion

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:20 am

Or yknow like any other anime show that has mechs.

Anyways, I think I'll make mine a medium in light of a certain whiner. Ride the fence, if you will.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Post Re: Roll To Dodge - Blue
Tomaster wrote:
Mecha Sheet. I already PM'd it to Hyper, so I'm just letting everyone see it here.
The Great Tomaster wrote:
Pilot
Name
Vladimír Shurla
Physical Description
About 5' 10" and 150lbs. Skinny but well built. Broad face with high cheekbones, and brown hair. Fairly pale skin tone, like someone who's out in the sun a lot, but the sun isn't very intense.
Backstory
While Vladimir was born in Slovenia, he is a citizen of no country, and holds no loyalty to anyone but himself. He was born about 27 years before the events of the Armageddon, and had lead a tough life before then. Both of his parents were killed before he turned 13, and he had to learn to survive on the streets. He quickly joined one of the local gangs, and learned that honor was only used by those who wished to die very quickly. Using treachery, deceit, and backstabbing, he quickly rose through the ranks and was the head of his gang by the age of 18. Realizing that there was more to life than killing in the alleyways of polluted cities, he became a mercenary for hire, where he killed on the “civilized” battlefields for pay. He travelled the world, fighting for the warring factions that were common in the years before the Armageddon. Less than a week after the Armageddon, he and a few other mercenaries went on a self-motivated raiding of a Mecha facility. They managed to make off with a few of the lesser Mechas, and the crown jewel of the facility, the Goliath Mk.IV. Vladimir went into hiding for about 6 months, during which he upgraded and tweaked the Goliath’s armor, weapons systems, and engines using black market parts. For the past 18 months, Vladimir has been forced to remain in hiding, where the only real experience he’s had is in training simulations and mock battles with other mercenaries. However, it’s finally safe for him to emerge, and he has recently joined up with six other Mecha pilots…

Mecha
Name
Goliath Mk.V
Height/Weight
19M/112 Tons
Physical Description
A Mecha design in development since before Armageddon. The engines, weaponry, and armor have all been updated to the newest, but the chassis has been kept. It's extremely heavy and large, designed primarily for support roles and large scale assaults. Originally painted Camo Green, the color scheme has been updated to a more suitable Desert Camo, although it's still difficult to conceal a 62' tall Mecha. It's capable of holding its own against several Mechas in a head-on attack; however, it's more suited to supporting other Mechas, since they can protect its backside. The cockpit and weaponry are mounted on a 360-degree swiveling base, underneath which is a hexapedal base, allowing for movement over extremely rough terrain. However, this configuration means it is incapable of using any sort of additional propulsion methods, such as jets, and is very slow as a result. It often arrives after battles have begun, but is capable of changing the tide once there. The cockpit and legs are heavily armored, accounting for most of its weight. However, the underside of the chassis has only light armor, and is vulnerable as such.
Classification
Super Heavyweight
Combat Role
Slow Moving Assault/Support
Primary Weapon
Four Rail-Cannons, all on separate tracking and movement systems, capable of accelerating high density depleted uranium slugs to Mach 4. Accuracy is superb if all are targeting the same object, decreases exponentially if targeting separate units and Vladimir has to deal with additional input and divide his attention between them.
Secondary Weapon
One Hellfire missile system. Packed with 36 small missiles (like, 12 inches small) guided by area designation, it's a fire and forget system. Pick a rough area to bombard, and hit the fire button to launch all 36. Useful against large, stationary units or buildings, not effective against moving targets. Capable of being reloaded, but it's a long and tedious process taking up to three turns, during which the weapon is useless.
Abilities
Heavily Armored: The top of the line plating and armor layering on the majority of the Goliath provides superior protection against all types of attacks. However, this greatly reduces the agility of the Goliath (+1 to defense rolls, -1 to dodging attacks)
Depleted Uranium Slugs: The use of Depleted Uranium as an ammunition is somewhat uncommon nowadays, due to the rarity of Uranium. However, it's still a potent weapon, especially against lightly armored units (+1 to attacks using the main guns)
Morale Boost: The sight of this terrifying beast lumbering over the horizon is strikes both fear into the enemies and pride in the allied forces, knowing that the Goliath has changed the outcome of battles that were thought unwinnable (+1 to all allied rolls at the beginning of the battle, or when the Goliath arrives on the battle scene)
SuperWeapon
Ypsilon Strike: Floods Vladimir's system with massive amounts of adrenaline, allowing him to operate at twice his normal capacity for one turn, and runs the engines into overdrive. He can now use all four Rail-Cannons with pinpoint accuracy even when targeting separate units and the reloading systems operate with amazing speed, allowing him to fire all four twice in one turn. He can also take control of the Hellfire missile system, and ensure that all missiles hit their target, no matter what the size or speed. All of this culminates into one devastating barrage of death for whoever is unlucky enough to gain his attention and wrath.

Re-quoting. I figured since everyone else is posting their sheets, I'll post mine and get feedback. Of course, doesn't none of this matter?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 82  Next