View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 82  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Mecha ON HOLD 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: RtD - Mecha NPC Contest, Pg. 3 for Rules!
I don't even have a PS3, so how should I know? I was going to have it as a classic controller pro for Wii, but I'd get so much stick it wouldn't even be funny.

EDIT: I made "Ol' Bloggy Joe" 19, but The Han Van is 5, making him 14 when he started. Also I edited the background info.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Il see If I can be a NPC... If thats possible... Thats not even possible.

Had trouble finding this thing from my inbox, tell me if there is anything to update.

Pilot
Name: Combat AI 0.9b Artillery Edition
Physical Description:The AI has no physical description, only that it IS the mecha.
Back story:

Long before the collapse that destroyed civilization as we know it, this Mecha was under construction at a hidden facility in the Nevada Desert. The AI was being "trained" at the time, and was not yet ready for use. The AI and its mecha was long forgotten since the disaster, until some explorers went to close to the base and activated its automatic defences, bringing the AI Online. With the defences at the base online, the AI went to help defend, finding that the world has long since collapsed, as shown by the lack of any personnel in the facility, explaining why it was not trained for years.

Wandering across the wastes for months, until it finally got mercenary work as a big gun. A very big gun. The only way for this mecha to change its weaponry is to return to a installation with the equipment to remove its primary, and only weapon. As it stands, it will be hard to find said installations, as most have been looted after fierce fighting with their defences.

Mecha
Name: Combat Chassis : Artillery/Long Range Edition.
Height/Weight: 16 Meters tall, 80 Tons
Physical Description: Arachnoid in shape, with a large rail gun spinally mounted. Various symbols on the body work, some from organizations that no longer exist, for example, the US army. Battle scars on the surface of the frame, but nothing extensive. Speakers in some areas, mostly for breaking morale of enemy infantry, and for communicating with the mecha's contractor. A small round hatch that leads into the main body contains a small, tracked robot, equipped with primitive arms, and remote radio controls to be controlled by the AI. It features a primitive on board weapon, the equivalent of a sub machine gun.
Classification: Heavy
Combat Role: Artillery
Primary Weapon: Spinal mounted Rail gun Extra Large.
Secondary Weapon: No Secondary, just amped up primary.

Abilities:
Arachnoid : Easily handles rough terrain ( I Guess this would remove rough terrain effects?)
EMP Shielding : The mech and all its systems are shielded from EMP attack. (Makes Sense)

SuperWeapon: Ejected Hydrogen Fuel Cell. The Mech only has one, ejecting one activates the backup power generator.

If you need to balance the large mechs, just have loads of lights that are faster then us.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

That's clever, but I think Hyper wants moments where we're outside of our suits.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Roast Veg wrote:
That's clever, but I think Hyper wants moments where we're outside of our suits.

Such as you guys entering a building? Well you will want to leave someone outside to look after your mechs, otherwise you could find your self mech jacked when you return from exploring the buildings. Or simply enemies arrived.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Yeah, outside of mecha stuff will be involved. Twill be difficult if you have to say:
> Continue playing minesweeper while the others are off doing useful things. several times in a row.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hyperkultra wrote:
Yeah, outside of mecha stuff will be involved.

Alright, I can add a item that will allow me to deal with this...

EDIT : There you go, a small deployable tracked robot to be released from the mech's underbelly.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

Pilot

Name: John Kosloswa
Physical Description: Dreadlocks with colorful strings on them,brown eyes,tan skin,camo suit with a cig pack and a zippo lighter on a hidden pocket.
Mecha

Name: Chameleon MK IV
Height/Weight: 3 Meters, 13 tons
Physical Description: Small mech with colorful paintings(changes when chameleon ability is activated),walks on 2 legs,has metal bars on the back in case the legs get ripped off to fix it for some time and a ultra strong glass plating under the outer plating(wich is pretty weak to strong blows)and an extra steel plating under the glass one
Classification: Light
Combat Role: Sneaking
Primary Weapon: Sniper rifle
Secondary Weapon: 2 grenade launchers (Loaded with 40 acid gas grenades and 10 thermite grenades)
Abilities: Thermal vision (+1 to sniping)
Chameleon ( +1 to sneaking)
Jump packs ( ?? air time[roll dependant]
Sticky palms (Can cling to walls and climb huge trees )
Biological analyser (Analyzes plants to see if they are edible,climbable or the phisical properties of humanoids)
Easy to tear apart (-1 if being tore apart by enemies/+1 if teammates are scavenging him)
SuperWeapon: Doomsday cannon(burrows into the ground and morphs the arms together with the sniper rifle to launch a huge superheated projectile at the enemy[melts arms and sniper rifle])

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Just because everyone was going for heavy's before, doesn't mean we all have to be matchsticks now. :P

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:32 pm

3 meters? 13 tons?

Hyperkultra wrote:
MECHA HEIGHTS AND WEIGHTS 101:
Mecha weights are typically between 20-100 tons. A little above or below is fine. MLC, that is not a little.
HEIGHT. 7-17 meters OR 23-56 feet are typical heights. Again, a bit of deviation is fine. 30 meter tall mechs aren't.
All based on BattleTech, which I am probably safe in assuming is the standard for mechas.

Mechas should be able to stomp tanks instead of being prone to getting run over by them. (Seriously. The M1 Abrams is 2.44m tall and weighs around 61 tons. If you were playing a game of chicken with that tank, I'd much rather be in the tank.)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:48 pm
Loose Canon

That's not even a mecha, that is a fatass exoskeleton...

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

Uhhm,could you beef it up please :) ?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Have my interpretation of The Han Van. Took me literally minutes to clean up, so you better like it.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tokochiro wrote:
Height/Weight: 8 Meters, 30 tons
Physical Description: Light mech with electronic outer plating (changes when chameleon ability is activated),Bipedal, has support beams on the back in case the legs get destroyed to fix it temporarily and a gelatinous goo that crystallizes under the force of a enemy impact, or on contact with the air under the outer plating and a traditional plating steel plating under the goo layer.
Combat Role: Stealth
Primary Weapon: High calibre rail gun with a additional accelerator.
Secondary Weapon: 2 rotary grenade launchers (Loaded with 40 acid gas grenades and 10 thermite grenades)
Chameleon ( +1 to sneaking when the ability is active. The outer electronic layer changes to suit its surroundings.)
Biological analyser (Remotely analyses organics in the mechs surroundings, including tree properties, or the physical conditions of living creatures. )
Modular Construction (-1 if being torn apart by enemies/+1 if teammates are salvaging the mech)
SuperWeapon: Doomsday cannon(burrows into the ground and morphs the arms together with the sniper rifle to launch a huge superheated projectile at the enemy[melts arms and sniper rifle])

Ive amped up your character abit, tell me if you like, but the Glass under layer is simply a bad idea, as glass shatters. Ive replaced it with a gel that when hit hardens.

@Roast Veg : That is...Beautiful. Do me!

On a side note...
ShadoWKilleR255 wrote:
Name: Sophia Moore

Good to see the old captain still alive...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
Tokochiro wrote:
Height/Weight: 8 Meters, 30 tons
Physical Description: Light mech with electronic outer plating (changes when chameleon ability is activated),Bipedal, has support beams on the back in case the legs get destroyed to fix it temporarily and a gelatinous goo that crystallizes under the force of a enemy impact, or on contact with the air under the outer plating and a traditional plating steel plating under the goo layer.
Combat Role: Stealth
Primary Weapon: High calibre rail gun with a additional accelerator.
Secondary Weapon: 2 rotary grenade launchers (Loaded with 40 acid gas grenades and 10 thermite grenades)
Chameleon ( +1 to sneaking when the ability is active. The outer electronic layer changes to suit its surroundings.)
Biological analyser (Remotely analyses organics in the mechs surroundings, including tree properties, or the physical conditions of living creatures. )
Modular Construction (-1 if being torn apart by enemies/+1 if teammates are salvaging the mech)

Ive amped up your character abit, tell me if you like, but the Glass under layer is simply a bad idea, as glass shatters. Ive replaced it with a gel that when hit hardens.

@Roast Veg : That is...Beautiful. Do me!

The glass thingmabob was to survive acid gas explosions at point blank,but if it is a goo i guess it can withstand some acid,also,thanks :grin:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am
Loose Canon

Roast Veg, I can point an exact link to the flash game you printscreened that from.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 82  Next