View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 110  Next
 RtD: Illusia - (Roll #132) 

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #117)
Gawddamnit.

Sorry, fookin AGAIN. Give me one week, Cave, and exams will be over and I'll stop being a dumbshit.
I'll give you a +2 on your everyone's next roll to make up for my stupidity.

Everyone gets a +2 on roll #118 because I am failing at everything!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #117)
Bop bop on them heads bop bop

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 am

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #118)
Exams. Are. Over. ROLLTIME. Also, +2's for everyone because of my recent derpiness.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Torrent (Gillian) (6 + 2 = 8)

The gargoyle that just attacked you attacks again, (11 v. 10) and its attack grazes the edge of your shield right next to your arm, which shoots out a tiny shower of blue light and puts the enemy off-balance. You take this opportunity to summon another animated snake-thingy, and THIS time you root the sucker to the ground.

"Hey Terry, watch yourself!" You yell, as your snake creature begins lashing out violently at the nearby gargoyles, smashing two of them to pieces while a third barely manages to get out of the way. Terry turns his head just in time to see the first rock-snake you created go sailing over his head in the direction of the central castle.

Ociamarru (Nikolai) (2 + 2 - 1 = 3)

You leap forward and fire again at the enemy (3 v. 4) and once AGAIN, the gargoyle dodges, sidestepping the blast.
Then it slashes at you with its tail (12 v. 8), but you duck underneath it.

caekdaemon (Anderson) (3 + 2 + 1 for repeat = 6)

You cheer again, and this time, a few people notice. Namely a trio of gargoyles that are heading for you.
"What exactly are you trying to accomplish by shouting?" Widdy asks.

You're not sure yourself, but you feel a strange battle rush begin to take hold of you.

CaveCricket (Raphael) (11 + 2 + 1 = 12, 12 + 2 + 1 = 12) (Wow. Just... wow.)

Another gargoyle attacks along with the one that you were just trying to finish off (7 v. 12) (9 v. 6) and you take a claw to your side from one of them. You ignore the damage and leap forward between the two (12 v. 6) (12 v. 2) and whirl around in a circle, cutting through them both like butter. You glance at them both - it looks like they're still standing - but you can see a slight displacement of their bodies where your sword passed through, and the lights in their eyes are gone.

Tokochiro (Johni) (9 + 2 = 11, 9 + 2 = 11)

Somebody actually came to attack you! No, wait - TWO of them came to attack you! You're finally being noticed!
They ferociously swing their claws at you (8 v. 5, 1) (3 v. 10) and you block one of them with your cane, but the other strikes you in the neck. You hardly feel it, though, (11 v. 3) so you bop one head (11 v. 4) and then the other. Two more very dead gargoyles.

Phd (John Adams) (-)

You stand there blankly as another gargoyle advances to your position and claws at you (10 v. 1). It rakes its claw across your chest, and pain shoots through your body. Your chest feels like it's on fire.

NPCs

Gabriel (1 - 1 = 1)

Gabriel is attacked by another foe (10 v. 10) and he expertly dodges its attack. He sees John in the alleyway taking a hit from a Gargoyle, and grits his teeth, pushing past the enemy he was just contending with to go and help... but he stumbles on his injured leg and nearly falls over.

Terry (7)

Terry takes another swing at one of the gargoyles (7 v. 1), crushing it into powder easily.

Locations
-Torrent, Ociamarru, caekdaemon, Tokochiro, and Gabriel are by the entrance.
-CaveCricket and Terry are a small distance down the main street, away from the entrance.
-Phd is halfway down a side alleyway that leads to a second entrance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Events:

~

Enemy Count
Alive: 13
Destroyed: 22

~

Not-so-important Reminder:
Gargoyles are semi-skilled opponents. They receive a dodge roll, but it is equal to 1/2 what they roll on a 12-sided die (odd rolls rounded down), so the highest they can roll is 6.
Even if you make a "failed" attack against them, if they roll too low, they get hit by it. From now on, this will apply to all attacking so that there are less boring misses. :)

Additionally, if you roll 6 or higher attack vs. dodge roll on enemies, you can continue to attack a second enemy in that turn. Otherwise it's 1 enemy per turn.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Cheering in battle has a number of benefits. Firstly, it can throw enemies off balance if they see you bulldoze their comrades in arms and then let out a cheer. Secondly, it typically causes more enemies to come to you, rather than you going to them, which in turn gives me the defensive advantage. Thirdly, a heroic cheer can usually improve the morale of your comrades at arms, and fourthly, a cheer can occasional demoralize the enemy, and indirectly aiding in a route."

"Is that enough reasons for you? Mind keeping those gargoyles away for a moment while I cheer harder?"

Try again.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 am
Profile WWW

> MORE SWORDING

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 am
Loose Canon

> Watch for and dodge gargoyles, shoot light into the eyes of any nearby an ally.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 am
Profile WWW

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> MORE SWORDING
As if you didn't sword enough last time. If numbers could pass 12, you rolled a 14 and a 15.

Jeez.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 am

>Send the gargoyle in front of me into a wall.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Bash bash bash bash GOD HOW I HATE GARGOYLES

Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #119)
Rawlin them dice.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Torrent (Gillian) (5)

No gargoyles come for you, so you face Ociamarru, who is nearest to you, and shoot some light into his eyes.

It... blinds him a bit? He squints for a moment before asking,
"What exactly are you doing?"

Meanwhile, your rock-snake-thing (10 v. 5) demolishes a passing gargoyle.

Ociamarru (Nikolai) (-)

You stand there, and Gillian shoots some light into your eyes.
"What exactly are you doing?" you inquire.

You sense a very large and vicious killing intent a good distance down the road. You can't see anything yet, but you know it's there....

caekdaemon (Anderson) (7)

"Cheering in battle has a number of benefits. Firstly, it can throw-"
You have to stop here while gargoyles attack you with their claws. (5 v. 11) (7 v. 12) You dodge both of them skillfully before counter-attacking with your hammer (11 v. 3) and crushing one's head in. You proceed to shout enthusiastically, and the second gargoyle, along with an ally of his, back off a few steps.

You were feeling quite upset a moment ago, but suddenly you feel very... positive....

Rage Application has turned into Battle Rush! This new ability increases your little bar by 1 point every time you are attacked by an enemy, and by 2 points every time you successfully defeat a foe! It's a heck of a lot more reliable than Rage Application was.

CaveCricket (Raphael) (11 - 1 = 10)

You kick off toward a nearby enemy and sword like a professional, (10 v. 4) taking off its head with a single clean strike. (5 v. 2) Then you feel an impact on your back and realize that another one of them is clinging to your shoulders.

Tokochiro (Johni) (6)

Another foe sidles up to you and swings a clawed hand almost faster than you can react (6 v. 2, 4). You barely manage to stop the attack after its claws pierce a half-inch into your chest. You're both stuck in this position for a moment (6 v. 5) before you manage to swing your cane at its face and smack it aside.

Phd (John Adams) (1 - 3 = 1)

The gargoyle attacks again in a similar fashion, (3 v. 1) and although you move aside as fast as your injury permits, the strike still grazes your left arm. You try to push it into a wall, but you can't summon up the will to use your ability.

NPCs

Gabriel (1)

Two gargoyles simultaneously jump Gabriel from behind (10 v. 5) (10 v. 12), and one of them lands a claw solidly on his back. He whips around (1 v. 1) and swings wildly, but misses.

Terry (7 + 1 = 8, 8 + 1 = 9)

Terry moves back towards the gate to help out Gabriel, who seems to be in bad shape (8 v. 1) (9 v. 2) and punts a gargoyle into another one of its fellows as he does so.

Locations
-Torrent, Ociamarru, caekdaemon, Tokochiro, Terry and Gabriel are by the entrance.
-CaveCricket is a small distance down the main street, away from the entrance.
-Phd is halfway down a side alleyway that leads to a second entrance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Events:

A loud boom travels down the street.
Followed by another.
Then another.
Then another.

They're... footsteps.

~

Enemy Count
Alive: 8
Destroyed: 27

~

Not-so-important Reminder:
Gargoyles are semi-skilled opponents. They receive a dodge roll, but it is equal to 1/2 what they roll on a 12-sided die (odd rolls rounded down), so the highest they can roll is 6.
Even if you make a "failed" attack against them, if they roll too low, they get hit by it. From now on, this will apply to all attacking so that there are less boring misses. :)

Additionally, if you roll 6 or higher attack vs. dodge roll on enemies, you can continue to attack a second enemy in that turn. Otherwise it's 1 enemy per turn.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:27 am
Loose Canon

TorrentHKU wrote:
shoot light into the eyes of any nearby an ally.
NOT
TorrentHKU wrote:
shoot light into the eyes of any nearby ally.

Ahem.
"Gabriel, John! Over here!"
> Heal the two of them.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"This is too much fun. *laugh*"
Sculpt the gargoyles into broken stone shards by using mass control on my hammer during a swing.

By that, I mean brutally smash them.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:06 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
TorrentHKU wrote:
shoot light into the eyes of any nearby an ally.
NOT
TorrentHKU wrote:
shoot light into the eyes of any nearby ally.

Ahem.

I was a bit confused at that.
But if it's any consolation, that wouldn't have done anything. They're not sensitive to light. In fact, their eyes are only there for decoration. They don't have retinas or anything, after all.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:47 am

>Pull out my crossbow and shoot the gargoyle in the head.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 am

> Quickly put away my sword into where ever I keep the thing and whip out my EpicWings to throw the thing off my back. Keep my wings closed but extended so they're like clubs and proceed to smash the gargoyles.

Figured if my wings are strong enough to propel me into their air effortlessly, they'd be mighty strong limbs.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 1642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 110  Next