View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 1667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 112  Next
 RtD: Illusia - (Roll #132) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
Keep the rolls this way.
>Try to shoot at the demon's hand, and make it fall off the tower wall.


Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
Nonsequitorian wrote:
Ok, I'll revise my post."Ahg! I'm on a tower! How the ♥♥♥♥ did these guys get here!"

Run for life while pulling out rifle.

"Seriously!"


You never actually got up the tower. You failed, and got stunned.

Proof:

Nighthawk wrote:
Nonsequitorian (1)

"Oh! We needs to get to the watch tower! Vite!"
You rush to the nearest tower, but your eyes are distracted by the fast-approaching demons. Before you know it, you're there, and you run face-first into the watch-tower wall. Wuhhh... you feel dazed.


Looks like you'll have to revise again.


Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 am
Profile
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Over there.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
I thought you meant the wall to the second tier of the tower.

I guess then
"Ahg!"

>Run into tower again. This time lock door behind him.


Damn, now I want to rename myself to Harry Flashman and be part of the 11th Hussars and be the scoundrel he is.


Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:37 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
> Slip into a dark ally unnoticed, look for any civilians or soldiers in need of help. If helping them would put me in the line of fire and/or get the attention of demons, ignore them.


Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 am
Posts: 73
Location: The Bermuda Quadrilateral
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
I like the (x v. x) system.
>Get up, and run in the opposite direction of the demons, and if any follow, try to eliminate said demon


Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
Just to keep you guys updated, five of you have posted, but Tokochiro hasn't yet. I'm going to give him one more day, then I'll roll and skip his turn.

Just to be clear, there is a three strikes policy here. The first time you miss a turn, I make your move for you so your character doesn't die for being inactive. The second time, I do nothing and simply let you get mauled if you're in the middle of the battle. After the third time, you're kicked. And when I say three strikes, I mean three in total. If you just miss one every month or two, I don't mind, but if you miss three within the span of two weeks, I'll probably consider kicking you.

Not that I have any doubts as far as you guys' ability to reply quickly. You've done well so far. :grin:


Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 am
Posts: 806
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
>Beat the demons eye with the cane.
"ARDRADAARGH!DIE,I WAS NEEDING SOMEONE TO SCRATCH MY BACK BUT NOT THAT!!"


Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
Sorry for the delay. I have started to come down with something, and really didn't feel like taking an hour to post the round when I was so exhausted I could hardly stand up. Needless to say, I didn't get quite as much sleep as I'd hoped, but I'm here, just rolling along.

So let's keep going!

Ociamarru (6)

You lock your gaze with the beast, and charge. It slashes at you (5 v. 5) but you leap to the side and (6 v. 3) deliver a powerful thrust to its neck.
"For Colber!"
The sword aims true, piercing the neck of the creature. It slumps limply to the ground. You definitely killed it, but you can't seem to pull your sword out of the body. You yank at it, grunting with effort, but it seems you're stuck dragging around a corpse on the end of your blade for now. Even in death they find some way to ruin your day... sheesh.

Inv. [11]
-Hammer [3]
Eq.
-Gauntlets [2]
-Shortsword (stuck in demon corpse) [3 + 3 = 6]
P-Abilities
-Expert Craftmanship (+1 to metalwork)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

HEN (5)

You take aim at the persistent little demon once again. You quickly level your shot, then fire off an arrow. (5 v. 5 - 1 = 4) The beast sees it coming for sure, but it can't move fast enough on walls, and takes the shot straight to the right hand, losing its grip and sending it careening down the tower.
*Splat.*
You wince. That fall most likely hurt a lot more than the arrow did.

Someone comes up behind you. You ready your weapon, but it's only Nonsequitorian. He twiddles his fingers a bit, then talks.
"Uh... I kinda broke the door...." He says.
"Wait. You led them in here?! Are you nuts?! This is my sniping spot!"

There is a crash below. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Inv. [7]
-Sickle [4]
Eq.
-Compound Crossbow (4/6) [3]
P-Abilities
-In the Shadows (+1 to stealth rolls)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

Nonsequitorian (6)

"Ahg!"
You rush into the tower, leaving the demons in the dust. You quickly lock the door behind you, and it clicks closed. But that isn't enough. There seems to be some spare building materials and furniture in here, so you start piling them against the door. When your handiwork is done, you sit back admiringly. There's no way any demons will-

The door crashes to the ground under all the weight. Now there's only a pile of junk left between you and the demons. And they won't have much trouble getting past that. You run upstairs as fast as possible. It looks like HEN is there.
"Uh... I kinda broke the door...." you admit.
"Wait. You led them in here?! Are you nuts?! This is my sniping spot!"

There is another crash from the lower level.

Inv. [7]
-Dan's Black Powder Rifle (1/1) [4]
-Powder Horn and Ball Bag (50/50) [3]
Eq.
-Nothing
P-Abilities
-Ranged Mechanical Weapons Knowledge (+1 to repair if roll is 2 or lower) (+1 to use of Dan's Rifle) (-2 to bow and arrow)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

Hyperkultra (5)

You slip into a dark alley. There seems to be someone around the building's edge being cornered by a demon. From his clothes, he appears to be somewhat rich. He has with him two children, and as the demons slowly approaches, he pushes the two behind him protectively. If that demon decides to attack, he's a goner. You look past the demon, and see Adam's face across the way. You quickly get behind the wall. He could ruin your cover if he sees you. But now, at least there are two of you...

Inv. [4]
-Hip Flask [2]
Eq.
-Dagger [2]
P-Abilities
-Sleight of Hand (+1 to dexterity)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

Adam (5)

You sit and wait for a few seconds, until there is an opening in the area full of demons you can escape through.

...

NOW!

You leap to your feet, and sprint into an alleyway as fast as possible. You start to turn the corner, but see something and back off again. It looks like a townsperson is about to be attacked by a demon here. A movement off to the left catches your attention. You squint, but it doesn't look like anything. Strange... could've sworn you saw something.

Inv. [6]
-None
Eq.
-Knife w/ Knuckled Handguard [2]
-Chainmail [4]
P-Ablities
-Fist Fighter (+1 hand to hand combat)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-Broken Nose

Tokochiro (2)

You try to beat the demon with your cane, (2 v. 1) but your movements seem slow compared to their reflexes, and the it hops out of the way easily. It then charges at you for another attack. (1 v. 6) You suddenly feel like you're done warming up, as anger and adrenaline flow through you.
"ARDRADAARGH! DIE! I WAS NEEDING SOMEONE TO SCRATCH MY BACK BUT NOT THAT!!"
You sidestep the attack like it's nothing, then bring the cane down on the demon's head, right above the eye.. The vile beast crashes to the ground. Still seems to be breathing, but knocked out for sure. However, that thing isn't the only one who needs medical attention. Your back is still stinging like crazy.

Inv. [6]
-Bandages (5) [3]
Eq.
-Cane [3]
P-Abilities
-Helping Hand (+1 to assisting friends)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-Clawed Back (Bleeding, death in 4 turns)

BATTLE INFO

The battle is going rather well. Most of the demons have been driven back, but there are very few soldiers left at the east gate. If another full-scale attack like that comes soon, the city could be overrun without too much difficulty.


Last edited by Nighthawk on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 am
Posts: 806
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
>Put cane in demon's mouth to stop his breathing and loot him.
"Can anyone fix my back,i'm kind of hurt here."


Last edited by Tokochiro on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 am
Posts: 73
Location: The Bermuda Quadrilateral
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
>Get the demon's attention by throwing a rock at it. If there are no nearby rocks, then just yell
"Hey ugly!"


Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:46 pm
Posts: 1923
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
Leave the sword - knowing these bastards, I'll draw it out and slice my own arm off from the inertia. Look for a different weapon. Doesn't have to be the best, just something better than armored fists.
"These...things...they're the bane of my existence, I swear."


Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
> Spin-stab demon in the throat.


Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms SUPER Elite
Data Realms SUPER Elite

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Over there.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
>Fire off round at the leading demon.

"Uh, sorry. I didn't think they could get in.


Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
>Dequip my Crossbow and Equip my Sickle.
*Sigh*


Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Illusia
Tokochiro (5)

You stick your cane in the demon's mouth, and he slowly suffocates. When he finally dies, you pull out your cane and search him for something useful. You don't find much, besides claws and fur, but then you see something... in his mouth. Disgusted, you reach in, and pull out what looks like a bomb. It resembles one, at least. It's a perfectly round black ball. Strangely, it has no fuse. Perhaps it's an impact explosive? Who knows?

Just what are these demons eating?

You worry less about that and start worrying more about yourself. You call out for help.
"Can anyone fix my back? I'm kind of hurt here!"

There doesn't seem to be any response. The soldiers seem to be gone from this area. Perhaps the remainder retreated... or maybe they were all killed.

Inv. [8]
-Bomb [2]
-Bandages (5) [3]
Eq.
-Cane [3]
P-Abilities
-Helping Hand (+1 to assisting friends)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-Clawed Back (Bleeding, death in 3 turns)

Adam (2)

You try to throw a rock at the demon that's after the man, but you miss horribly, and it doesn't even notice. So you resort to yelling at it.
"Hey, ugly!"
It freezes, then turns slowly in your direction. You stand there, stuck to the spot, as it stares. Then it turns the other way as Hyper takes a stab at it. He misses. Sheesh. You'd think with that nice distraction you made he'd be able to do a better job. Oh, well.

Inv. [6]
-None
Eq.
-Knife w/ Knuckled Handguard [2]
-Chainmail [4]
P-Ablities
-Fist Fighter (+1 hand to hand combat)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-Broken Nose (-1 charisma)

Ociamarru (3)

You drop your sword where it is, and start looking for another weapon. You're having a hard time finding any on the ground, but you do see a large tree with several broken branches. The demons must have ripped it up. You walk over and pick up the sturdiest looking one you can find. You weigh it, and find it suitable. It isn't going to function as well as a blade, though. You complain aloud.
"These... things.... They're the bane of my existence, I swear."

Inv. [9]
-Hammer [3]
Eq.
-Sturdy Tree Limb [4]
-Gauntlets [2]
P-Abilities
-Expert Craftmanship (+1 to metalwork)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

Hyperkultra (1)

You hear something around the corner.
"Hey ugly!" A voice says. You take a quick peek to see what's going on.
It seems like Adam is trying to distract the demon, so you take the liberty of sneaking up on it to kill it off. It seems you weren't sneaky enough, however, because the demon turns as you swing your blade around (1 v. 2) and steps back as the dagger nearly slices its throat. So close! It roars right in your face, pushing you back a few paces. You keep your dagger ready. This thing looks mad.

Inv. [4]
-Hip Flask [2]
Eq.
-Dagger [2]
P-Abilities
-Sleight of Hand (+1 to dexterity)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

Nonsequitorian (3 - 1 + 1 = 3)

"Uh, sorry. I didn't think they could get in." You apologize to HEN. He sighs in response. Well, maybe if you kill one of these freaks he'll feel better.
You charge down the stairs, and quickly pull your rifle out, firing a shot. It misses the lead demon, bouncing off of the adjacent wall and ricocheting a few more times. You hear a howl of rage. Hey, looks like you hit something, even if it wasn't the one you were aiming for.

Inv. [7]
-Powder Horn and Ball Bag (50/50) [3]
Eq.
-Dan's Black Powder Rifle (0/1) [4]
P-Abilities
-Ranged Mechanical Weapons Knowledge (+1 to repair if roll is 2 or lower) (+1 to use of Dan's Rifle) (-2 to bow and arrow)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None

HEN (NN)

You replace your crossbow with your melee sickle, and prepare to fight. Nonsequitorian apologizes to you first.
"Uh... sorry. I didn't think they could get in."
You sigh.
He quickly rushes off down the tower, and fires off his rifle. You hear several clinks, then a devilish scream. It seems like he hit one.

Inv. [7]
-Compound Crossbow (4/6) [3]
Eq.
-Sickle [4]
P-Abilities
-In the Shadows (+1 to stealth rolls)
A-Abilities
-None
Injuries
-None


EVENTS

The fighting is still going on, although it has, for the most part, died down. Then, a rumbling is heard. Every living thing that hears it freezes, and listens.
*BOOM*
Another one.
*BOOM*
What is that?
*BOOM*
The demons everywhere flee, as if in terror. The ones in HEN and Nonsequitorian's tower fly back down the steps.
The one in the alleyway also runs.

...

Everything lies still.

Then the Players see it.

And the same thought goes through everyone's head.

HOLY ♥♥♥♥!

Boss
Greater Demon


"It's your average demon... but greater. And when I say greater, I mean bigger. A lot bigger. It's like comparing a chicken nugget to a double whopper at McDonalds. And everyone knows... whoppers are a whole lot worse for your health."

-Head of Gourmet Restaurant



It's headed for the center of the city.


Last edited by Nighthawk on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 112  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]