View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Ark 

Post Roll to Dodge - Ark
Hey guys.
I'm making a RtD. Yes, I know, we already have a ton, but hey, why not?
It's not going to be started very soon but, I want to start accepting character applications.

I need 5 players.

This will not be on a first-come first-serve basis. I will choose the players and characters I deem the most fit for my story.

Yes, there will be magic of sorts. No, it isn't exactly a serious RtD.

There will be an in-depth, thought-out plot.
I expect players to cooperate with me on this plot. No, I will not disclose it to you.

For characters, I want a name, a quick description of their appearance, a backstory, and a single ability.

I want a serious backstory. Talk about your character's life.
Was their father abusive? Did they have many family members? Were they spoiled as a child?
All characters are born, and live in a single city. No travelling abroad in your stories.
This story doesn't take place in the real world, so no real cities or people.

The better your backstory, the more likely I am to pick you.

As for the ability, I wont allow anything outrageous like Telekinesis or Gun-kata, at least not for a starting ability.
I want something a bit more natural, and perhaps a bit more akin to a realistic RtD. (Such as 20-20 vision, Big Boned, etc etc.)

If you can add me as a contact on Google Talk, and be online reliably, that will also influence me in my choice.
I want to be able to talk with my players on-demand. No disappearing form the forums to stall the game.
A major reason for this is that I'd love to be able to have lots of quick rolls, and be able to notify players when i've completed a roll.

Don't expect this RtD to start too soon.
But once it does...
It will be epic.

Player List (5/5)
Tomaster - Robert Macintosh
Natti - Mikey
Hyperkultra - Jack D. Lovegale
CaveCricket48 - Claire
Ragdollmaster - Cole Albright

Character List
Tomaster - Robert Macintosh
Natti - Mikey
Hyperkultra - Jack D. Lovegale
CaveCricket48 - Claire
Nighthawk - Franklin Habberts
Ragdollmaster - Cole Albright

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Ark
Blam. Sheets up in this ♥♥♥♥♥.
Quote:
Name: Robert Macintosh
Appearance: 6'2" and lean. Short dark hair. Angular face. Wouldn't be considered muscular, but wouldn't be considered weak either. Has a deep scar running up his left forearm.
Backstory: Born into a poor family living beyond their means in Suburbia, Robert was no stranger to stress and tension in the family. He grew up with father that was never there, and a mother that was too busy working two jobs to support their lifestyle. Around the age of seven, Robert's father filed for divorce, and left the family with little warning, leaving Robert and his younger brother to be without a father figure. Subsequently, they began to become involved in the less legal side of life. Robert, at the age of fifteen, was a small time drug dealer, and his brother was the muscle. They gave all the money they made to their mother, who never asked where it came from. At sixteen, Robert and his brother were ambushed by an older dealer, with three other people. They warned him to stop dealing, or die. To make sure he listened, they cut open his and his brother's left forearm, and threw dirt into it to make sure it scarred. Robert ignored the older dealer, and resolved to become bigger than his opposition. He convinced four of his friends to work for him, leaving him with a little mini-empire. He dropped out of school, and stopped giving his mom the money. At 17, Robert was arrested after attacking an off-duty police officer. He managed to convince the judge not to send him to jail, and was instead put into a foster home. Now, at the age of 18, and legally an adult, Robert has just left the foster home and is back into the world...
Abilities: Sixth Sense: After being ambushed, Robert has learned to listen to his instincts, and has additional time to react to any incoming threats. (+1/-1 to dodging attacks)

Last edited by Tomaster on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:22 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm online almost all the time from 11:00 am to 8 pm - 11 pm and I do have a Gmail account. Just PM me yer name and I will add you.
I have a vacation right now for a week, so I guess that's a bonus too.
Time zone is the one that Finland uses, UTC +2.

Name: Test Subject 52, "Mikey".

Appearance: Muscular, 186cm tall, grey eyes, dark brown hair.
Clothes: Normal jeans, T-shirt and a hoodie.

Backstory: One of the first cloning attempts by the <insert nation here>, Mikey is physically strong but mentally unstable, leading to a horrific rage when he gets angry.
He was raised in the cloning facility by scientists until the program was cancelled. At the time he was 23 and he had no experience of the outside world.
He was just dumped out and told to take care of himself. He quickly got the handle of things. He started raising plants and put up a flowershop.
But then the local criminals came to collect some protection money. And he went insane. He was in such a strong rage that he couldn't feel the bullets penetrating his skin nor pity towards the thugs he horribly mangled and tortured before killing.
He was taken to a mental hospital where the bullets were removed and doctors started to investigate, but as no symptoms came up in half a year he was released.
Nowadays he runs the small flowershop and the local neighbourhood thinks he's a good man though they know about his past.
The goal of the cloning attempts was to produce a perfect soldier without emotions, but it soon came clear that they are a permanent part of the human mind and as such they cannot be removed.
The cloning was stopped after 69 subjects were created.
As described before, he goes to a terrible rage when he gets angry, resulting in increased pain tolerance and general stubborness.

Ability:
Rage: +2 to 3 rolls in a row when he gets angry.

Last edited by Natti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:31 pm
Loose Canon

It's about damn time.

Name: Jack D. Lovegale (WHY YES, ANOTHER ONE. OHWAIT, IT'S ACTUALLY A GUY THIS TIME)
Appearance: 29 years old. Light brown hair, buzzcut, 6' 1", muscular, medium build, emerald green eyes.
Back story: All Lovegales are expected to succeed. They have for hundreds of years in the past, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Jack is no exception.
Throughout childhood he was raised via a rigorous physical and educational regiment alongside his siblings, and maintained a steady 3rd among the family. Jack, unlike most of the other Lovegales, had a successful social life during childhood, becoming a popular child throughout his childhood. After graduation from the Wellsworth Private Academy, he went on to pursue a degree in Macro-economics, forming a successful accounting firm within 5 years of leaving college. His spare time is filled with adventurous activities such as rock-climbing, Capoeira, and extreme underwater basket weaving. He also thinks he should go visit his sisters one of these days.
Ability: Adrenal Bullet Time: Danger causes his mind to speed up to about 1.5x normal speed because of his intense physical lifestyle. (+- 2 to dangerous situations, can only be used 2 times in a row)

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Name: Kirill Revolutsia
Appearance: unshaven, medium height, medium build, despite his age he is as fit as a 30 year old soldier
Backstory: Born in a communist country in 1957 and given a typical communist upbring. Kirill became a Spec-Ops operative who, after participating in the destruction of a hospital that was believed to be protecting capitalist sympathisers, deserted and promptly became a guilt-addled drunk.
Recently he's became a mercenary, so he can still make money doing the only thing he's good at but allowing him to be accountable to his consience and not some government, though he's had little luck in getting a contract.
He has yet purchase a shaving kit. His home Country is now in a civil war between communists and capitalists with his city at the center
Abilities: Spec-Ops training, +1 to all abilities involving dodging, hand-to-hand combat and shooting.
EDIT: my reliability: I'm online at least once per day and if something comes up that will prevent me from visiting I will send a PM (I've learned my lesson in the past)
Edit: removed all mentions of real ♥♥♥♥

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm
DRLGrump

CrazyMLC wrote:
All characters are born, and live in a single city. No travelling abroad in your stories.

*cough*

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Tomaster wrote:
CrazyMLC wrote:

*cough*

I already removed all mentions of real stuff

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:14 pm
Loose Canon

CrazyMLC wrote:

There's no way in hell your character fits this.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:17 pm
Profile WWW

I'm in two RtD already, so I'm not gonna join, but I think it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 pm
DRLGrump

Herbert, you need to read the first half of what I quoted. And then start again.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Also, isn't his ability really:

+1 to dodging
+1 to hand-to-hand
+1 to shooting

But reworded so it's technically one ability?

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:50 pm
DRLGrump

Let MLC decide that part.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:52 pm

I was just basing it off the other two abilities - one is a +/-1 to dangerous situations and has a set amount of uses. The other has a +/-1 to dodging.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:57 pm
DRLGrump

Ociamarru wrote:
I was just basing it off the other two abilities - one is a +/-1 to dangerous situations and has a set amount of uses. The other has a +/-1 to dodging.

Set amount of uses in a row. Otherwise it's unlimited. I'm assuming. But yea, he does have a little much.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Hyperkultra wrote:
CrazyMLC wrote:

There's no way in hell your character fits this.

he has no need to travel abroad to find work in a war torn-city, if war-torn citys are against the rules I will rewrite everything. Plus he's not really getting contracts anyway, as I mentioned.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 242 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next