Data Realms Fan Forums
http://forums.datarealms.com/

Roll To Die - ENDED
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=22432
Page 106 of 106

Author:  Izen [ Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

>Hold fire, wait for the smoke to clear

Author:  Amazigh [ Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

Rolling
1 8 7 5 4
6 2 3 7 8 5 5 3 [????]

Roast Veg
Clone #25969 [1+2=3] > Fire my rocket between the clones in front, aim roughly near where the foes used to be
You bring up your Rocket launcher and take aim just as the smoke clears, before you can fire there is a sudden blinding flash of blue light and a wave of heat washes over you, you go to pull the trigger on instinct afterwards but nothing happens, ou look to your Launcher to see that it was bee cut in half by some sort of laser, along with most of your torso. It takes a moment for this to register with you but just as it does your injuries catch up with you and you drop to the floor, dead.
Abilities:
-Strong Electrokinesis
Inventory:
-Rocket Launcher [2/2] [Disabled]
-Heavy Body Armour
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
-1 Point [Not a physical item]
Conditions:
-Vaporised Right Arm
-Vaporised Left Hand
-Heavily Damaged Torso
-Severely Burned Head
-DEAD
-Extensive Plating


Lucem
Clone #25970 [8+2=8] >Move up to the barrier and set my target on the clones in front.
You rush up to the barrier and take aim at the front most clones, just to see then getting laid into by the figures. That's not good.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Caster [100%] [--------]
-Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle [3/3]
-Auto Grenade Launcher [Looted] [4/4]
-Medium Body Armour
-Heavy Static Field Projector [100%]
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-Boresight [+1 to shooting, -2 to rolls involving reactions to close events]


Hyperion110
Clone #25982 [7+2=8] >Attempt to communicate with the non-player clones. Stay low and keep an eye out for any danger.
You try to communicate with the clones that you are stood next to, but nothing you say garners a response, and no amount of finger snapping gets their attention either, odd. onoly then do you notice the figures are still in one piece.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Rifle [100%] [--------]
-Grenade Machinegun [LOOTED] [80/80]
-Medium Force Barrier [100%]
-Medium Static Field Projector [100%]
-Stealth Generator [65%] [ACTIVE]
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-FireProofing
-Moderate Plating


caekdaemon
Clone #25993 [5+2=7] "If you are any brother of mine, you will advance!" Charge!
You keep charging forwards, most of your fellow clones seeming to ignore your call to charge, but a decent number join you.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Linked Capacitor PPC [100%] [---------]
-Powered Armour
-Heavy Force Barrier [100%]
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:


Izen
Clone #26015 [4+2=6] >Hold fire, wait for the smoke to clear
You decide not to fire and wait for the smoke to clear, and as it does you get to see that the figures seem undamaged from the barrage of fire they took.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Rifle [90%] [|-------]
-Powered Armour
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-Strong Acid spit [3/3]
-Boresight [+1 to shooting, -2 to rolls involving reactions to close events]


Game Events:
The smoke and dust surrounding the figures disperses enough that they can be seen to be still there, before any of the clones can react they spring into action firing their weapons into the horse of clones, mowing them down by the dozen. Although the two at the back don't fire and a barrier of sorts appears in front of them.

#25969 has died

Map:[/b]
Image
[the pink/red ♥♥♥♥ is fire]

Author:  Hyperion110 [ Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

>Zero in at one of the baddies with my GMG. Disable stealth and scan the target with my ATS.

Author:  Izen [ Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

>Shoot at the nearest enemy dude

Author:  Roast Veg [ Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

longest life award

Author:  Amazigh [ Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

Waiting on Lucem and caekdaemon

Author:  caekdaemon [ Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

Continue advancing. Fire if line of sight permits.

Author:  Lucem [ Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

>Fire at the nearest enemy with my gauss rifle.

Author:  Amazigh [ Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

Rolling
1 1 8 7
4 1 8 2 1 4 8 3 [????]

Lucem
Clone #25970 [1+1+2=4] >Fire at the nearest enemy with my gauss rifle.
Taking aim you fire at the nearest hostile, you fire and narrowly miss them. Moments later a veritable barrage of minigun fire sweeps across you, the sheer quantity of rounds shredding your body, with you dropping to the floor body barely in one piece.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Caster [100%] [--------]
-Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle [2/3]
-Auto Grenade Launcher [Looted] [4/4]
-Medium Body Armour
-Heavy Static Field Projector [100%]
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-Boresight [+1 to shooting, -2 to rolls involving reactions to close events]
-Severe Bullet Wounds, Various [-1/2 to all actions]
-DEAD


Hyperion110
Clone #25982 [1+2=3] >Zero in at one of the baddies with my GMG. Disable stealth and scan the target with my ATS.
You take aim at one of the enemies, making sure to compensate your aim correctly and then disable steath to scan the target, before you can get much progress done in your scan you take a sudden blow to your lower torso, strangely neither of your barriers manage to stop the blow, you look down to see what hit you to see a crystal shard the size of your forearm stuck out of you. You go to yank it out and just as you do so it shatters into pieces, you feel as strange tingling sensation across your body as the fragments twist into unnatural shapes before flickering and stretching into non-existence. You go to return to scanning the enemy, but before you can your body collapses into a pile of shredded meat.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Rifle [100%] [--------]
-Grenade Machinegun [LOOTED] [80/80]
-Medium Force Barrier [75%]
-Medium Static Field Projector [90%]
-Stealth Generator [55%] [ACTIVE]
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-FireProofing
-Moderate Plating
-Shredded
-DEAD


caekdaemon
Clone #25993 [8+2=8] Continue advancing. Fire if line of sight permits.
Keeping up the pace you bring up your PPC and fire on the nearest enemy, your PPC bolt slamming into them to seemingly no effect.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Linked Capacitor PPC [80%] [||||-----]
-Powered Armour
-Heavy Force Barrier [100%]
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:


Izen
Clone #26015 [7+1+2=8] >Shoot at the nearest enemy dude
You bring your aim over to the nearest enemy and fire your Rifle at them, plasma bolts striking them dead centre.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Rifle [74%] [|||-----]
-Powered Armour
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-Strong Acid spit [3/3]
-Boresight [+1 to shooting, -2 to rolls involving reactions to close events]


Game Events:
The fire the clone army puts into the figures is less concntrated than before, and given that some are moving they aren't hidden from view this time. As it's advancing the front most figure suddenly has the same sort of energy field surrounding the black clones spring up around it, only more jagged and violent looking. Also one of the two figures behind the barrier at the rear flickers and fades from view just as the barrier lowers, possibly some sort of cloaking tech?
The third and seventh figues fire on the rough area you are located in, massed minigun fire and a salvo of crystal shards.

#25970 and #25982 have died

Map:[/b]
Image
[the pink/red ♥♥♥♥ is fire]

Author:  Lucem [ Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

Aw man, my body got eviscerated. Unless the remaining two clones get some really good rolls, I don't see how they're going to survive this wave.

Author:  caekdaemon [ Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

Ah, the good ol' unwinnable scenario.

Let's go down fighting.

Fire and move! Don't give them a sitting target!

Author:  Hyperion110 [ Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

This is where it ends I guess. GG

Author:  Izen [ Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

>Back away from danger, but keep shooting!

Author:  Amazigh [ Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Roll To Die

caekdaemon
Clone #25993 [-] Fire and move! Don't give them a sitting target!
You keep charging and fire at the closest enemy, your shot only for them to shrug it off and leap the dozens of meters that separate you in a single bound, erupting into flames during the leap. The blazing monster lands in front of you before breathing out a tremendous gout of fire, immolating you and several nearby clones instantly.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Linked Capacitor PPC [60%] [||||||||] [OVERHEAT]
-Powered Armour
-Heavy Force Barrier [100%]
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-Incinerated
-DEAD


Izen
Clone #26015 [-] >Back away from danger, but keep shooting!
You back up a little for what little help it'll give you in this situation, not slacking off with your fire while you do so. That you backed up gives you a moment to see the stream of minigun fire sweep across the clones in front of you before it cuts you to shreds.
Abilities:
Inventory:
-Plasma Rifle [58%] [|||||---]
-Powered Armour
-Advanced Targeting System
-Stim Injector [ACTIVE]
Conditions:
-Strong Acid spit [3/3]
-Boresight [+1 to shooting, -2 to rolls involving reactions to close events]
-Shredded
-DEAD


Game Events:
The figures attacks seem to pick up in intensity, them all deploying weapons and abilities previously unseen, salvoes of missiles seeking out lone clones, strange psychic attacks turning allies against each other, dark energy claws rending apart the black suited clones through their barriers, all in all it turns the slaughter into a massacre.

Several Minutes Later The First Figure Walks into the Computer Room from earlier inserts a small box into an indent in the wall, and begins typing into the Console.
> login ******* *******
>PASSWORD ACCEPTED
>WELCOME BACK COMMANDER
> copy aleph:/ external01:/OS Archive/ +
> copy beth:/ external01:/AI Learning Data Archive/ +
> copy gimel:/ external01:/General Test Data/ +
> copy dalet:/ external01:/VILE Test Data/
>TRANSFER IN PROGRESS...
>TRANSFER COMPLETE


The Figure then removes the small box from the indent before typing some more.

> del aleph:/ beth:/ gimel:/ dalet:/
>[WARNING] COMMAND EXECUTION WILL RESULT IN CONTROLLER AI TERMINATION
>[WARNING] COMMAND EXECUTION WILL RESULT IN PRIMARY REACTOR SHUTDOWN
>OF-12 AUTHORISATION CODE REQUIRED
> override ******** **** ****
>AUTHORISATION ACCEPTED
>EXECUTING


At this point the Screen Flickers out and turns blank, and a faint barely noticeable hum that had been permeating the entire room cuts out after which the lights flicker before blinking out.
After spending a moment looking about the room lit only by the faint glow from its armour, the Figure vanishes in a flash of light.
The room stays still and silent for a few minutes after that before suddenly being carved in two by a beam of energy as the entire facility is sliced into smaller chunks that are then fed into the waiting maw of a warships processing bay.
THE END.

----

Ok, caek's leaving/left DRL, and this ending segment is not really all that interesting, So I took an executive decision and ended it now.
[long story short this was just going to drag on for a long while, so it's better to end it now while I still have motivation to write the roll]
It's been fun to run, sorry about the delays that have happened, [it took me a month to do this roll? dang.] but it's over now, feel free to throw praise/hate as necessary!

Page 106 of 106 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/