View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Roll to Dodge : Rebellion 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge : Rebellion
caekdaemon wrote:
@Meh, I can't use your character because you don't have a negative modifier for the career.

Sorry,
Here it is: -1 to stealth because I'm always carrying a lot of tools and other things that tend to make noise when I move.

Now can you roll me please?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Mehman wrote:
caekdaemon wrote:
@Meh, I can't use your character because you don't have a negative modifier for the career.

Sorry,
Here it is: -1 to stealth because I'm always carrying a lot of tools and other things that tend to make noise when I move.

Now can you roll me please?

I'll put you onto the next roll. Your current position is on the staircase, with 0075982-71A running past you.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

Follow him

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:07 am

"Well, just so you know I was a surgeon before this ♥♥♥♥ happened."

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tokochiro wrote:
"Well, just so you know I was a surgeon before this ♥♥♥♥ happened."

"That means ♥♥♥♥ to me. I ain't in need of a surgery, and that guy outside is far too gone to have one."

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

"Well, now you know who I am."

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:21 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tokochiro wrote:
"Well, now you know who I am."

"You could be lying for all I know, just waiting for your damned backup to arrive and fry me. Then again, who ain't lying eh? Johnny's a chump. Bought every word I said!"

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:55 pm
Profile WWW

>Follow the guard

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:05 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I made a little mistake on the earlier rolls. I forgot completely about the rest of the gang leaders gang. After all, you can't lead a gang without a mob. I've also added a little line in the roll modifiers saying "Was a ....". These affect certain variables, and don't modify rolls. For example, Anith was a surgeon, and likely has years of medical experience, while a man who has only just left medical school will have less. These actually have a minor affect, and will modify the action in the event of a failure or success, and will cause a change in events depending on that action. I'm considering adding more modifiers depending what your character is wearing. For example, wearing camo will make you have a +1/-1 to blending in with your surroundings, and will affect the roll's hidden mechanics (for example, your chance of being discovered while searching a filing cabinet). This will majorly beef up the roll modifers. Tell me what you think about it :grin: .

The Roll is here.
Kyle Luis : phd
[4] Kyle starts following 0075982-71A, with Johnny running straight past him and past 0075982-71A, but only just making it past the soldier. 0075982-71A sprints up the stairs, following Johnny to the room where the gang is located. Kyle sees Johnny run into the room and seal it behind him, with 0075982-71A taking up a breach position outside the door. Continued in game event.

Equipment: Compass, Storage crate containing a clip of .45 acp, 2 meter rope.
Appearance: 5'6, Western European, muscular body and emerald eyes.
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: M1911
Tertiary Weapon: Crowbar
Passive roll modifiers : +1 to barter, -1 to stealth. Was a store clerk.

Anith Rahl : Tokochiro
[2]Anith gets up after her conversation with the gang leader, and starts to try and make a break for the door, but the gang leader puts his gun to the side of her head, and says "Where the hell do you think you're going?". Johnny runs through the door, and because Anith is in front of it, he knocks her clear the floor. The gang leader lowers his gun to aim directly at her, followed shortly by other members of his gang. In the end, there are a number of weapons aimed at her. Johnny is panting a bit from running, but does manage to say "I have an idea.", then pants for a second or two, then manages to finish his sentence "Do you have any gunpowder laying around?" The gang leader looks at him, and throws him a bullet, before saying "150% load, got it from a AK47."

Equipment: Sports watch, fanny pack(One 10 nail cartridge) and a screwdriver.
Appearance:Blue eyes and Mulatto with long hair to the waist,wearing a camo jeans and a plain white T-shirt.
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon: Nailgun.
Tertiary Weapon: Crowbar.
Passive roll modifiers : +1 to actions that target a organ,-1 to actions that involve working on machinery. Was a surgeon.

Johnny B. Goode : Nonsequitorian
[5] Johnny sprints up the stairs, running past 0075982-71A, who seems surprised by the speed that Johnny is able to do. He jumps a few steps on his way up to the floor, and reaches the room, with 0075982-71A hot on his heels. He manages to get into the room and slam the door, shut, but not before knocking Anith to the floor. Members from the gang are visible in the darkness around the room, and most of them get up and start aiming at the door, or aiming at the now knocked over Anith. Johnny trips a few times, landing in a chair, where he pants while trying to speak. After a short period of panting, he manages to say "I have an idea.". He pants a bit more, and manages to say the second half of his sentence. "Do you have any gunpowder laying around?". The gang leader turns away from pointing his gun at Anith's face, reaches into his pocket and pulls out a bullet, which he throws to Johnny. "150% load, got it from a AK47."

Equipment: Guitar, Cigars, Cigarettes, Spam, Powdered milk , Flash light, small box of hollow tip .44 bullets (30 Bullets), Whiskey (Ethanthova's Tree)
Appearance: 6ft, Caucasian male wearing his Sunday best, with a hole in one of its pocket's. Sleek black hair, grin.
Secondary Weapon: Snub Nosed 44 Magnum
Tertiary Weapon: Switchblade
Passive roll modifiers : +1 to charisma/social skills in non-fighting situations, -1 to charisma/social skills when under pressure (before battle, directly after battle, making hard decisions ) Was a mob boss.

Jean Pierre Dugroin : Mehman
[5] While going down the stairs, and seeing a man run up the stairs while being chased by a power armoured soldier, who is himself being followed by another man. Jean gives chase, curious about what is going on. He follows the man, watching the first man in the line go around a corner, with the guard standing next to the door, the bottom of his feet's armour being drenched in blood from the dead man outside the door. Continued in Game Events

Equipment: Toolbox, Electrical Wire, Soldering laser, 35W human powered electrical generator, Meat Loaf, Flash ligh, box of 50 nails, multimeter(0.1kg), thick leather belt(multimeter, laser, flash light and the nails are attached to it), backpack(all the rest is inside) , insulating gloves(equipped).
Appearance: 5.8ft, western european male, average musculature, with a leather belt containing a multimeter, the soldering laser, the flash light and the pack of nails. He is wearing electrical insulating gloves on his hands, and has a backpack filled with various items.
Secondary Weapon: 293Joules Homemade coilgun
Tertiary Weapon: Soldering laser(on maximum power setting it can blind at 50m, cause serious burns at 10m and kill almost instantly at 5m if aimed correctly)
Passive roll modifiers : +1 to any roll involving electricity, can build/repair moderately complicated electrical devices, -1 to stealth due to the clanking of tools. Was a electrician.

Game Events: 6 turns till morning inspection. 0075982-71A slams a small semi-circular device to the door, making a loud bang from its collision with the door, and due to the force slammed onto it, which everyone in the room surely heard. It starts to beep slowly, but starts getting faster. "I recommend you both take cover." 0075982-71A proceeds to go down the hallway, back towards the staircase, and uses the wall as cover. "Once that charge goes off, it should leave them disorientated. We then charge into the room. Stay behind me, my armour will stop anything they have at their disposal, so use me as cover." says 0075982-71A to Kyle and Jean.

The bomb will explode BEFORE the next roll. Consider it a pre-roll event.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nonsequitorian wrote:
"OK, I HAVE AN IDEA. Where's that guard? Do we have any metal tubes?"

"I think that guard guy is outside the door, but I ain't sure. I don't think we have any metal tubes."

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nonsequitorian wrote:
"Do you have any wire? Any kind of large tube? a skinny metal box?"

"The only large tube I can think of is a Pringle's tube. I think we got one in the kitchen. Not sure about wire or a metal box though. Have a rummage around."

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

"Who are these guys?"

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Mehman wrote:
"Who are these guys?"

"They are a small gang that I was assigned to destroy a week ago. They have been designated for Destruction Or Capture, but it seems that I may have to destroy them due to their resistance. The database indicates that they have been smuggling illegal goods into the country. Weapons and drugs mostly."

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 am
Profile WWW

>Pull out my coil gun(ammo = nails) and help the armored guy fight the gang, using him as cover when not shooting.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:40 am

Unless your ingenious plan explodes on your face first, I don't think a pringles tube cannon is a very reliable and safe to use device.
And if you want to use it as a grenade rather than as a cannon you'd still have not to be shot by either of us while or before throwing it and then get pass the armor of the guy.
+A grenade is easy to dodge.

The dice will tell us what happens, I think this will be an interesting roll.

Last edited by Mehman on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next