View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Roll to Dodge : Rebellion 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Roll to Dodge : Rebellion
Since my old Roll to Dodge died a horrific death, I've decided to do another in a environment where RtD's go like hotcakes. This is just that environment. You guys probably already know how a RtD works. I will be using a standard 6 sided dice for this. 6 players maximum. As you may be able to tell, the nation depicted bellow is the same nation as my nation in Nation States. Any issues that happen in NationStates will be translated to this RtD, and you will be able to see the consequences on a Public Broadcast TV or such.

Back Story : It is the year 2037, and inside the nation of Canis Minoris, life goes on as usual. The poor die of starvation and disease, while the rich sit comfortably in their fortified compounds. It was not always this way. In the not so distant past, Canis Minoris was a republic with democracy, where everyone had a chance to succeed. It has not been that way since the corporations gained control. Managing the nation with the aid of a AI, secured against any rebellion in the capital city of Minoris, they rule the nation with a iron fist. People are regularly beaten by the police for coming near them, and often for no reason at all. The Secret Police has eyes everywhere, and many would be rebels disappear without a trace in the middle of the night. One day, a rebellion actually started and almost managed to get somewhere, but it was quickly suppressed by the army, legions of mindlessly obedient clones, indoctrinated to be loyal to the government from birth, genetically and cybernetically enhanced killing machines, supported by millions of robotic drones, controlled remotely by the governing AI.

Recently, things have gotten much worse. Peoples home's are bulldozed to create new factories for the corporations. Civilians are put into simple communites, all having to share their ration packs in a communal store to survive. This oppressed living is best shown by the hundreds of housing towers that populate the city. The corporations say this is to be more efficient, and that is what it is. The ground floors are the dining area, and all above areas have little power or water supplies. The power received per house is 50 watts, any higher and criminally high costs begin to take their toll. Public transport is the only transport if you are not wealthy, and the public transport is very poor in quality itself. There are rumours as well of what happens when somebody dies. People don't know any more, but some people believe they are recycled into food, or some other horrific fate.

Character sheet :
Name:
Equipment: (Items that aren't weapons, like clocks, maps, ration packs (Ration packs are basically currency to the poor, with a higher value on desserts.) and other such things.)
Appearance:
Primary Weapon: ( You wont have these yet, your revolutionaries, not a foreign invasion force.)
Secondary Weapon: (A Simple fire arm like a hand gun, or such. You can have a relatively low powered one in the beginning, but remember ammo is limited. Basically a mouse gun.)
Tertiary Weapon: ( You have one of these in the beginning, and they are very easy to get a hold of. A example is a pipe. They do however, break. )
Passive roll modifiers : (You wont have these in the beginning, but you do get them. A example of this is cybernetic implants. You also get these from performing actions a certain number of times. For example, firing your gun at things a lot will make you better with that gun.)
Past Job: (You might be wondering what past job has to do with anything, but it affects your starting passive roll modifiers. For example, a medic would get a +1 to healing. You have 2 modifiers. Remember, your meant to be from oppressed lower classes, so nothing like CEO or Former Soldier. Criminals on the other hand can be played.)

Example Character
Name: Bob Jones
Equipment: Toolbox, Ration Pack : Strawberry Short Cake , Ration Pack : Meat Loaf , Digital Map of city sewers , Flash light, small box of .32 bullets (30 Bullets)
Appearance: 5.7ft, Caucasian male wearing a dirty cream jump suit, covered in a foul smelling substance.
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: Seecamp LWS 32
Tertiary Weapon: Monkey Wrench.
Passive roll modifiers : +1 to finding way around in the sewers, -1 to enemy/npc rolls due to the stench of his clothes.
Past Job: Sewer Worker : +1 to finding way around in the sewers, -1 to enemy/npc rolls due to the stench of his clothes.

Waiting List :
None

Currently Playing :
1. Phd as Kyle Luis
2. Tokochiro as Anith Rahl
3. Nonsequitorian as Johnny B. Goode
4. Mehman as Jean Pierre Dugroin
5. Highruler as Jack Rogers

Died for the Cause :
None

Last edited by caekdaemon on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Roll to Dodge : Rebellion
Name: Kyle Luis
Equipment: Compass, Storage crate, 2 meter rope.
Appearance: 5'6, Western European, muscular body and emerald eyes.
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: M1911
Tertiary Weapon: Crowbar
Passive roll modifiers : +1 to barter, -1 to stealth
Past Job: Store clerk (0+1 to barter, -1 to stealth)

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:09 pm
Loose Canon

Might be helpful to know how your players are actually going to start. You've got the backstory, but none of it connects to your players.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:
Might be helpful to know how your players are actually going to start. You've got the backstory, but none of it connects to your players.

@HK :Ah, valid point.

The players are the beginnings of a rebellion, and the overall objective is to bring down the Canis Minoris government, and replace it with one of the player's choosing. Somewhere along the lines, the government wronged the player, and that is the motivation to do the revolution.

@Phd :Adding you to the list of active players.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:47 pm
Profile WWW

Name:Anith Rahl
Equipment: Sports watch, fanny pack(One 10 nail cartridge) and a screwdriver.
Appearance:Blue eyes and Mulatto with long hair to the waist,wearing a camo jeans and a plain white T-shirt.
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon: Nailgun.
Tertiary Weapon: Crowbar.
Passive roll modifiers :
Past Job: Surgeon(+1 to actions that require accuracy,-1 to actions that require strenght.)

Last edited by Tokochiro on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Toko, your past job is your starting modifers. For example, since you are a surgeon, you get +1 to treating injuries.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:19 am
Profile WWW

Uhh,i guess you decide the modifier,since it can range from treating injuries to injuring,

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tokochiro wrote:
Uhh,i guess you decide the modifier,since it can range from treating injuries to injuring,

Well the +1 to healing makes sense. But I cant think of a -1 that you should have...

-1 for using machinery?

Also can you add them to your character sheet, makes it easier on me for when I have to get them :) .

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:01 am
Profile WWW

I think +1 to accuracy would be better.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tokochiro wrote:
I think +1 to accuracy would be better.

Perhaps +1 to hitting a vital organ?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW

I think that falls under having a nice accuracy

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 am
Loose Canon

No, knowledge of internal organs, veins, arteries, nerves, etc, and their locations, and anatomy in general, would most definitely be in a surgeon's skill set.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:54 am
Profile WWW

So +1 to hitting vital spots?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tokochiro wrote:
So +1 to hitting vital spots?

Yeah. But for balance, I'l translate this specifically. It will only apply if you say something like Try to hit his kidney

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'll roll soon. I've gotten tired of waiting for more people to join. Post actions please.

Editing the post with the starting area and environment. I can't really do much though till the actions arrive.

Game Events: You are all in a dirty apartment, it has most certainly not been cleaned for some time now, given how long the work hours are, no one really gets the chance to clean anyway. There is a large window on the wall, and it overlooks the city, the neon glow of the Commercial district is easily visible. The red fire of the Industrial district is also visible if you lean your head out the window and look. There is a TV in the room, a small old CRT. It's amazing that anyone in the Industrial district can even afford a TV.

The ambient noise from the city bellow is interrupted by a bang at the door.
"Hey, someone in here?"

Sat May 21, 2011 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next