View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:27 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Writeup 7) 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
Roast I'm going to gently beat you over the head with Whirlwind to build up Momentum. Defend yourself, maybe you'll get some bonuses.


Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
> Brace myself


Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3020
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
"Cihas. Although we should be figuring out what we should be doing

also ill be in phillipines for 5 weeks but ill respond as best i can


Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:05 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
"I guess I did just fine. So, who are you two, and what am I supposed to do? My team's waiting outside, ready for tasking."


Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8405
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 278)
Roll 278
____________________


(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> Male chirop with fancy looking armor: "And I am Kyros Deiimor.

Now, we should probably start looking for a way out of here. As much as I dislike the notion of returning with our job incomplete, I have no intention of putting injured soldiers in further danger, much less injured friends."


"Cihas. Although we should be figuring out what we should be doing."

Ettiin: "I don't think we can go back up, but it looks like there's a tunnel in the direction the rock creature came from."

Looking where Ettiin is pointing, you see that this is the case. The tunnel, however, looks circular with rough walls, as if dug out without any masonry built to support it.

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows




(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 ] = 12
> You apply three of the shield tags to yourself and charge down the mound towards Mist and the enemy near him. He unsuccessfully tries to blast himself out of the way of the figure's dagger swipe, but it's enough of a distraction to let you swoop in and attack.

Taken by surprise, the robed attacker is sliced in half from a single swing of Whirlwind, but this time, instead of exploding, it blinks out of existance, and an explosion appears some distance far off to the side.

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 34/50)
- Momentum (+1 Attack actions)




(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ 4 + 4 ] = 8
> In an attempt to put some distance between you and your attacker, you let out a powerful shockwave in between the two of you.

(you) 4 + 4 = 8 vs 13 = 2 + 9 + 2 (enemy)

The force of the blast throws you to the side, but not fast enough to avoid a slash. The hit isn't as nearly as strong as the previous, but still takes out a nice chunk of energy.

John then charges down from the mound towards the attacker's flank, cutting the enemy in half with a single swing. The body blinks out of existance, and an explosion appears some distance off to the side.

Conditions :
- Torrential Armor (+4 Casting/Attacks)
-- (Energy: 23/50)




(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> "And I am Kyros Deiimor.

Now, we should probably start looking for a way out of here. As much as I dislike the notion of returning with our job incomplete, I have no intention of putting injured soldiers in further danger, much less injured friends."


Human with the golden armor: "Cihas. Although we should be figuring out what we should be doing."

Ettiin: "I don't think we can go back up, but it looks like there's a tunnel in the direction the rock creature came from."

Looking where Ettiin is pointing, you see that this is the case. The tunnel, however, looks circular with rough walls, as if dug out without any masonry built to support it.

Conditions :
- Manticore Armor (Absorbs damage)
-- (Energy: 16/20)




(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>



Conditions :
(None)




(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
> "I guess I did just fine. So, who are you two, and what am I supposed to do? My team's waiting outside, ready for tasking."

???: "I'm Dalton, Captain of... Something. Forgot the name of our squad after I got a little touch of that screwy magic. This'ere is Barnet, he's in my squad. Rest of the team is eating or resting in the medical tents, and us to are planning on how to handle supporting the extermination team that headed North. Those guys sent some word back that there's a bit more than the scouts reported, and could use a hand.

Though, since you're currently the only team ready for action, you could take our place if you want. Tara's also waiting for another team to be ready to fortify the ironworks, so there're two jobs to be done. I guess we'll end up doing whatever you don't do."


Dalton seems to be wearing a badge like yours, except his depicts an image of a eagle, while yours is a lion.

Conditions :
- Discolored skin (pale with black blotches)






(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Lucida Dragon Armor (+6 Actions, +3 Defense)
-- (Energy: 43/60)




(NPC)
Blizzard

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Blizzard Dove Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +3 Movement/Dodging. +2 Speed)
-- (Energy: 40/40)




(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)




(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm
- Missing Left Wing




(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws




(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Shattered Left Elbow




(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)




(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)




(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)






World Events:
Time of day: Day





Maps
Combat Maps


World Map


Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am
Profile

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 278)
"I see. Guess I'll head north and help out the extermination team there. If there's nothing else, I'll make my move."

> If the conversation is dropped, just head out and bring my team along north-wards through the gate. If not, listen to what must be heard.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:58 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 278)
Can we get energy back any quicker? We'll fall apart like this.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 278)
"Are there any other paths?"
> Look around.


Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 278)
> Quick thumbs up to the sky. Horoma a boss.
"Torrent, Mist, I need to build up Momentum, try and defend yourselves, you might learn something!"
> Begin attacking with flat of Whirlwind's blade. Just "gentle" whaps to the sides. Be ready to 180 and cut down a certain purple clone.
Not an ideal strategy, but that thing's way too ridiculous to fight without every advantage we can get. And impromptu training is always good.


Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:06 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3020
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 278)
"not that i can see but perhaps i can distract him lomg enough we can escape"

>look around also


Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:16 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8405
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 279)
Roll 279
____________________


(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> Kyros: "Are there any other paths?"

"Not that i can see but perhaps I can distract him long enough we can escape."

Ettiin: "Distract who?"

Looking around, there doesn't appear to be an enemy to distract.

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows




(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
> You give a quick thumbs up in the air, showing your appreciation towards bastard cheating mages as long as they're on your side.

"Torrent, Mist, I need to build up Momentum, try and defend yourselves, you might learn something!"

Not an ideal strategy, but that thing's way too ridiculous to fight without every advantage we can get. And impromptu training is always good.

You start with a blunt swing aimed at Mist, one just strong enough to build up Momentum.

(you) 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 11 vs 9 = 4 + 5 (enemy)

Mist manages to block the attack, but not enough to prevent his armor losing a bit of energy.

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 34/50)
- Momentum (+2 Attack actions)




(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
> Can we get energy back any quicker? We'll fall apart like this.

No, unless if there's a source of energy somewhere that we can take from.

John: "Torrent, Mist, I need to build up Momentum, try and defend yourselves, you might learn something!"

(you) 5 + 4 = 9 vs 11 = 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 (enemy)

You manage to block the attack, but not enough to prevent your armor from losing a bit of energy.

Conditions :
- Torrential Armor (+4 Casting/Attacks)
-- (Energy: 21/50)




(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> "Are there any other paths?"

Cihas: "Not that i can see but perhaps I can distract him long enough we can escape."

Ettiin: "Distract who?"

Looking around for yourself, it seems that the only ways out are above, the way the new comers came from (which probably isn't a good way out), and the tunnel that looks more like it was dug out by some large critter.

Conditions :
- Manticore Armor (Absorbs damage)
-- (Energy: 16/20)




(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>



Conditions :
(None)




(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
> "I see. Guess I'll head north and help out the extermination team there. If there's nothing else, I'll make my move."

Without anything further to discuss, you head out and take your team to the northern gate. Upon exiting, the terrain looks as war-torn as you remembered. Far off in the distance, you can make out shapes moving among the rolling hills, flitting in and out of sight. Looks like you're not going to have perfect visibility out here like the last battle.

Black Mage: "If we stick to the low ground, we won't be able to spot things very well, but everything else will have a hard time finding us. Take to the high ground, better visibility, but everything can see us."

Conditions :
- Discolored skin (pale with black blotches)






(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Lucida Dragon Armor (+6 Actions, +3 Defense)
-- (Energy: 43/60)




(NPC)
Blizzard

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Blizzard Dove Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +3 Movement/Dodging. +2 Speed)
-- (Energy: 40/40)




(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)




(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm
- Missing Left Wing




(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws




(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
- Shattered Left Elbow




(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)




(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)




(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~



Conditions :
(None)






World Events:
Time of day: Day





Maps
Combat Maps


World Map


Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:25 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 279)
> Take a strong stance and deflect John's subsequent blows


Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:30 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 279)
> Fight like how Naomi fought me when I was learning how to use a halberd. Don't go too easy though. If I lose the Momentum then it defeats the purpose.


Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 279)
"Not much choice, it seems. Well, let's go, then."
> Forward into the critter-tunnel.


Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:53 am
Profile

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 279)
"Let's split up. Red mage and I will trail the high ground while the rest of you stay low. If we see anything, they are probably gonna see us too, so I'll shoot off an alarming arrow to mark their locations."

> Move up a hill with the Red Mage. Imbue an arrow with fire to get a feel for it.


Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:25 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.062s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]