View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 133  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Writeup 7) 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 270)
"Soldiers armed with swords, form a line and charge forward with shields up - Halberdiers, stand in between the gaps of the swordsmen with your halberds pointing front. Form a defensively offensive line(?). Mages, do what you're best at!"
> Send the electro-arrow flying to the herd of Lupus. Try to hit something. If I have the time, charge up a second electro-arrow and shoot away. (Could it be marked as an ability?)

Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 271)
Roll 271

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> "Welp here goes nothing"

You climb up the ladder. One you reach the top, you find the hole it leads up to is covered with a trapdoor. Giving it a slight push, it doesn't seem to be locked or blocked.

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
> Mist: "Aucupe? Come on at least be polite..."

Aucupe: "No time to be polite, we have to save the world some more."

Horoma: "Um, what are we saving the world from?"

Aucupe: "I don't know, but it's probably going to be really strong."

You follow Blizzard and Aucupe, quickly reaching the west 'gate.'

"Nickname?"

Blizzard: "'Red.' Doesn't really give us much to go by."

He stands at the missing section of the wall where the gate used to be, peering into the horizon. Following his gaze, you can make out a hill that appears to be moving off in the distance, headed your way.

Blizzard: "It's already close, let's move."

The swordsman takes off with a dash, hopping across the river with freshly made ice platforms.

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 50/50)

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
> "Aucupe? Come on at least be polite..."

Aucupe: "No time to be polite, we have to save the world some more."

Horoma: "Um, what are we saving the world from?"

Aucupe: "I don't know, but it's probably going to be really strong."

You and Horoma follow Blizzard, Aucupe, and John, quickly reaching the west 'gate.'

John: "Nickname?"

Blizzard: "'Red.' Doesn't really give us much to go by."

He stands at the missing section of the wall where the gate used to be, peering into the horizon. Following his gaze, you can make out a hill that appears to be moving off in the distance, headed your way.

Blizzard: "It's already close, let's move."

The swordsman takes off with a dash, hopping across the river with freshly made ice platforms.

Conditions :
(none)

(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> You look carefully at the wall. It's made of precisely placed bricks, like the other walls, and Rudo's prodding doesn't seem to make it react in any way, other than slowly being chipped.

Suddenly the floor gives away, the masses of fragmented stone composing it shifting and vanishing from sight, dropping you and everyone else into a dark void.

Rudo: "IT WAS THE FLOOOOOOOOOR!"

Conditions :
- Manticore Armor (Absorbs damage)
-- (Energy: 18/20)

(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>

Conditions :
(None)

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ 4 + 1 ] = 5
> "Soldiers armed with swords, form a line and charge forward with shields up - Halberdiers, stand in between the gaps of the swordsmen with your halberds pointing front. Form a defensively offensive line(?). Mages, do what you're best at!"

You send your electric arrow flying towards the closest lupus. The beast, occupied with extracting the marrow from a polished bone, is hit in the chest with a flash of blue light. It slumps forward, dead, while the rest of the lupus take notice of your force and start moving in.

The defensively offensive line forms and begin charginf forward, with the black mage positioned in the center of the front line, and the red mage taking position at the right flank.

However, the lupus split into two groups, and it looks like they're aiming to flank the formation from the sides.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
- Discolored skin (pale with black blotches)

(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Lucida Dragon Armor (+6 Actions, +3 Defense)
-- (Energy: 45/60)

(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm

(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws

(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

World Events:
Time of day: Day

Maps
Combat Maps

World Map

Sat May 24, 2014 3:41 am
Loose Canon

"FÜR DIE SCHÖNEN JUNGFRAUEN!"
> Rasantbrise towards the beasty. Prepare to cut this thing up.

Sat May 24, 2014 4:05 am
Profile WWW

In the combat map picture, I'm missing two Halberd Soldiers. There were 6 Swordsmen and 6 Halberdiers, but now 2 magically disappeared from existence. xD

"Watch out! Curve this defensive line into a semi-circle and fight them off! Red mage, start blasting away at the pack of Lupus to the east!"

> Run up to the Red mage, with an electric arrow charged and ready to go. Fire at the pack of Lupus to the east.

Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 am

I'm counting 4 halberd soldiers and 6 sword soldiers in both combat pictures.

Sat May 24, 2014 6:15 am

> Cast Mass Feather Fall.

Kidding, kidding.

> Try to get a handhold or foothold anywhere I can. If I get one, Power Flow and try to launch to safety. If that fails, make an attempt to land as gracefully as possible.

Sat May 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Pardon. Didn't count the 2 mages. Sorry about that.

Sun May 25, 2014 4:32 am

>Peeeek

Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Race towards the foe, manipulate some of the river water to fly myself across it

Mon May 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 272)
Roll 272

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> Slowly lifting the trapdoor up, you take a peek. All there is is darkness.

Until five balls of light drop down to the ground, four of them illuminating a chirop each, the fifth a dragon. All of them appear to be at least disoriented, from a fall maybe?

??? 1: "Eeeeeeh."

??? 2: "Uhg, I'm alive. I think I broke my other wing."

??? 3: "Busted up an elbow and shoulder for me. Arraarragldontmoveithurtsow"

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
> "FÜR DIE SCHÖNEN JUNGFRAUEN!"

You soar towards the target, the wind propelling you forward like an arrow. Below, Blizzard is surprisingly keeping up, kicking off of flash-frozen platforms of ice that are instantly disintegrated after contact to make new platforms, ricochetting himself across the landscape.

LucidAucupe is ahead, blazing across the plains with Haste, while Roast and Horoma are further behind, riding a wave of water.

The enemy comes into view, a massive turtle-like beast that reaches higher than Vranhal's wall. It looks to be made of solidified mud with its "shell" covered with grass and trees and other various plantlife, like a walking island. Around the beast are numerous black dots - robed mages. It's still far to make out many details, but it looks like they outnumber your team.

LucidAucupe continues charging towards the turtle head on, while Blizzard angles to flank it from the North.

Blizzard: Stay sharp, lot of them are probably teleporters.

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 50/50)

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
> John soar towards the target, the wind propelling him forward like an arrow. Below, Blizzard is keeping up, kicking off of flash-frozen platforms of ice, ricochetting himself across the landscape.

LucidAucupe is ahead, blazing across the plains with Haste, while you and Horoma are further behind, surging across the landscape on a large wave of water like a tsunami.

The enemy comes into view, a massive turtle-like beast that reaches higher than Vranhal's wall. It looks to be made of solidified mud with its "shell" covered with grass and trees and other various plantlife, like a walking island. Around the beast are numerous black dots - robed mages. It's still far to make out many details, but it looks like they outnumber your team.

LucidAucupe continues charging towards the turtle head on, while Blizzard angles to flank it from the North.

Blizzard: Stay sharp, lot of them are probably teleporters.

Conditions :
(none)

(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> You reach your arms and legs out to grab hold of anything, but the only thing they contact is open air.

So, you try to land as gracefully as possible, quickly orienting yourself in a position to quickly roll as soon as you hit the ground. With your body rotated forward at an angle, you wait for what feels like an eternity before your feet make contact.

In an instant, you curve your back and position your arms, the second thing to hit the ground, and then roll as best as your armor allows.

Your sense of motion is dampened in the armor, a side effect from its acceleration/deceleration protection, so you're not able to accurately say how hard you hit the ground and how fast your roll was, but the swells of earth being blown away as you plow through probably means that rolling doesn't work after a certain height.

It takes a while for you to stop, and you pull yourself up and out of the miniature trench you made. Koa's light is still hovering above your head, and you see your allies' lights descending as well.

Both Rudo and Uugram are beating their wings furiously, the former carrying Koa with her feet claws and the later carrying Ettiin with his front limbs. Both pairs hit the ground at a survivable but painful looking speed, throwing debris and curses into the air.

Ettiin: "Eeeeeeh."

Uugram: I am intact.

Koa: "Uhg, I'm alive. I think I broke my other wing."

Rudo: "Busted up an elbow and shoulder for me. Arraarragldontmoveithurtsow"

Conditions :
- Manticore Armor (Absorbs damage)
-- (Energy: 16/20)

(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>

Conditions :
(None)

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
> "Watch out! Curve this defensive line into a semi-circle and fight them off! Red mage, start blasting away at the pack of Lupus to the east!"

The formation quickly changes to a semi-circle shape as you dash to the red mage's position.

(you) 6 + 1 = 7 vs 6 = 3 + 3 (enemy)

You let loose your second arrow, detonating another corrupted lupus in an electric explosion, while another is enveloped in a blast of fire, turning black and crumbling.

The rest of the lupus are moving fast towards your team, and look like they'll be upon you in a few short seconds.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
- Discolored skin (pale with black blotches)

(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Lucida Dragon Armor (+6 Actions, +3 Defense)
-- (Energy: 45/60)

(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm
- Broken Left Wing

(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws
- Stunned (-2 Actions, ends in 1 turn)

(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Shattered Left Elbow
- Dislocated Left Shoulder

(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

World Events:
Time of day: Day

Maps
Combat Maps

World Map

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Wed May 28, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 28, 2014 6:07 am

>Whisper
"I see a chirop and a dragon. Do you think i should trust them?"

Wed May 28, 2014 6:25 am

> Try to fire off a lightning bolt, and at the same time try to chain the lightning between nearby Lupus. (Aim at the Lupus pack to the east.)
"Keep frying them up, Red Mage! Rest of you, get ready to face the pack of Lupus to your north! Halberdiers, stick your weapons out! Swordsmen, shields up! Black Mage, do what you can!"

I'm probably going to die a horrible death next turn, with a Lupus claw driving itself through my face. That'll be terrible.

Wed May 28, 2014 12:02 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Turn the wave to the south, flank from the other side

Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 pm
Loose Canon

> Continue Rasantbrise low to the ground. Go around the turtle to the south and chop a leg off.

Wed May 28, 2014 2:36 pm
Profile WWW

"Unless we can heal those injuries, I think it would be best if we gave up for now and looked for a way out."
> Look around for paths.

Wed May 28, 2014 5:42 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 133  Next