View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:30 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 133  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Writeup 7) 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 273)
Roll 273

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> "I see a chirop and a dragon. Do you think i should trust them?"

Feiar: "Are they corrupted or not corrupted?"

??? 4 : "Unless we can heal those injuries, I think it would be best if we gave up for now and looked for a way out."

??? 3: "Ahg, I just need to get this in a sling. I can cast or use the crossbow one-handed."

??? 1: "Someone's gonna need to pop your shoulder back in place. I guess I'll-"

Something crashes into the ground some distance away, the sound booming throughout the room above.

??? 1: "Okay pop time now."

??? 3: "WaitwaitwaitImnotreadyAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhh. Fffffff, gah, that, feels a bit better. Still hurts like hell."

??? 1: "We'll have to get the arm in a splint when we have time."

Feiar: "They sound kind of normal to me."

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
> You continue soaring but now low to the ground, turning slightly to the south to get a better angle at the turtle's right flank.

Before you can get close, an explosion appears right in front of you out of nowhere, stopping your flight with brute force and knocking you out of the sky and to the ground.

Naomi: They're teleporting explosions?

LucidAucupe seems to be having trouble attacking head-on as well, being blown back by a kinetic empowered stream of air fired from the turtle's mouth. Blizzard is too far to see, while MisTorrent and Horoma are some distance behind you.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 45/50)

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
> You follow John as he heads south-west, and watch as an explosion appears in the sky in front of him, throwing him back to the earth. You yourself and Horoma are still a ways away from the beast.

LucidAucupe seems to be having trouble attacking head-on, being blown back by a kinetic empowered stream of air fired from the turtle's mouth, while Blizzard is too far to see.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
(none)

(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> "Unless we can heal those injuries, I think it would be best if we gave up for now and looked for a way out."

Rudo: "Ahg, I just need to get this in a sling. I can cast or use the crossbow one-handed."

Ettiin: "Someone's gonna need to pop your shoulder back in place. I guess I'll-"

Something crashes into the ground some distance away, the sound booming throughout the room. Looking around, Koa's lights don't seem to reach far enough to uncover the walls of the chamber. Ettiin walks towards the now-standing Rudo, reaching towards the injured arm.

Ettiin: "Okay pop time now."

Rudo: "WaitwaitwaitImnotreadyAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Under Rudo's yelling there's a solid sound of a joint being popped back into its socket.

Rudo: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhh. Fffffff, gah, that, feels a bit better. Still hurts like hell."

Ettiin: "We'll have to get the arm in a splint when we have time."

You look to check on Koa, who has her shortsword in her mouth, and her remaining wing lying on the ground like a wrinkled piece of paper. A pool of blood is slowly growing under her bloody arm, and she seems to be shaking as she takes the sword in hand. And laughing.

Koa: "Hehehehehe. Not like I'll need it anyways. Tehehehehehe..."

Conditions :
- Manticore Armor (Absorbs damage)
-- (Energy: 16/20)

(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>

Conditions :
(None)

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
> "Keep frying them up, Red Mage! Rest of you, get ready to face the pack of Lupus to your north! Halberdiers, stick your weapons out! Swordsmen, shields up! Black Mage, do what you can!"

The northern lupus group slams into the northern part of the soldier formation. One swordsman is thrown back from the force of impact, but the others manage to stand firm and cut down the lupus, while the black mage crushes a head with a kinetic-empowered fist.

(you) 1 + 1 = 2 vs 4 = 3 + 1 (enemy)

A bolt of lightning shoots from your fingertips, hitting the ground in the middle of the east lupus party. Unfortunately, you couldn't manage to make it chain, or actually directly hit one.

Another blast of fire launches from the red mage, but it only grazes a lupus, still allowing the beast to charge forward. It and another slam into your side of the soldier formation and are slaughtered by the thicket of swords and halberds.

One lupus is left, charging towards you at top speed. There's no time to dodge, no time to fire an arrow or another bolt of lightning, no time-

Out of nowhere, or rather, from your left, a soldier tackles the beast just as a clawed limb reaches towards your face, the talons raking across your face as the wolf is shoved away and into the ground, the soldier on top relentlessly hacking away with his sword.

After enough swings to determine that the minced lupus is guaranteed dead, the swordsman stands up, blood and bits of flesh clinging to his blade.

???: "Can't have anyone dying now, can we."

Conditions :
- Discolored skin (pale with black blotches)
- Scratched, bleeding face

(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Lucida Dragon Armor (+6 Actions, +3 Defense)
-- (Energy: 45/60)

(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm
- Missing Left Wing

(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws
- Stunned (-2 Actions, ends next turn)

(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Shattered Left Elbow

(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

World Events:
Time of day: Day

Maps
Combat Maps

World Map

Thu May 29, 2014 8:01 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 272)
> Break a thankful smile at my savior(?) and then look around the horizon carefully.

"Thank you for saving me... I'm sorry, I'm a bad Captain, but thank you nonetheless. You are...?"

Looks like a Lupus claw REALLY went through my face. At least it didn't kill me.

Oh, and by the way, is Blizzard some sort of Final Fantasy 15 reference? Those downward-pointing swords revolving around him... Sounds like Noctis to me, and also everyone else in that "Royal family". That's interesting, because I've always loved the Final Fantasy seri- Oh wait, maybe it isn't a reference.

Thu May 29, 2014 12:48 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Catch John, try and wash us under the turtle

Thu May 29, 2014 4:29 pm
Loose Canon

> Aero Eisenmeteor some Teleporters. ♥♥♥♥♥es need to learn their place.

Thu May 29, 2014 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

>Get out and greeeeet
"Here goes nothing! Hopefully I don't become dragon food"

Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm

"Koa!"

Fri May 30, 2014 3:08 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 274)
Roll 274

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> "Here goes nothing! Hopefully I don't become dragon food."

You carefully push open the trapdoor and climb out with Isaac over your shoulder. Taking a look at the four chirop and the dragon, it doesn't look like their lights extend far enough to see you.

Maargral and Feiar soon make it up as well.

Feiar: "What should we say?"

??? 2: "We have some visitors."

Far off, or somewhere close, is a slow pounding sound. A light appears in the direction of the sound, revealing what looks like a huge, four-legged spider statue. Another light appears directly over your party.

The light over the stone spider vanishes quickly.

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
> (you) 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 vs 1 = 1 (enemy)

(you) 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 vs 7 = 5 + 2 (enemy2)

Jumping to your feet, you pull out two crossbow bolts and hurl them with your physical strength and spiraling air. One of the mages go down, while the other vanishes and appears right in front of you.

(you) 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 vs 9 = 5 + 2 + 2 (enemy2)

A kinetic-fueled fist slams into your chestplate, hurling you back, and the mage vanishes in a blink right after.

Mist and Horoma seem to have caught up, picking you up in their wave of water and bringing you along towards the turtle.

Horoma: "I can see where they're about to teleport! How do I stop them?"

Meanwhile, Torterra's breath attack is tearing apart the ground, but LucidAucupe is pusing through it. Lucida is sheathed, for some reason.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
-- (Energy: 42/50)

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
> After John hurls a couple of crossbow bolts and gets slugged by a teleporting mage, you reach him and carry him with the water wave, aiming to move you all under Torterra. You might make it there soon.

Horoma: "I can see where they're about to teleport! How do I stop them?"

Meanwhile, Torterra's breath attack is tearing apart the ground, but LucidAucupe is pusing through it. Lucida is sheathed, for some reason.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
(none)

(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> "Koa!"

She gives you a smile, chuckling while sheathing the shortsword. Everyone else is giving her the same concerned as you.

Koa: "We have some visitors."

Far off, or somewhere close, is a slow pounding sound. A light appears in the direction of the sound, revealing what looks like a huge, four-legged spider statue. Another light appears in the opposite direction, revealing a human dressed in pale yellow armor, and a child chirop and lupus pup.

The light over the stone spider vanishes quickly.

Conditions :

(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>

Conditions :
(None)

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
> You give your savior a thankful smile.

"Thank you for saving me... I'm sorry, I'm a bad Captain, but thank you nonetheless. You are...?"

???: "Darvus."

You can make out scars under the shadow of his helm.

Turning your attention to the horizon, you carefully look around, but there doesn't seem to be any more threats in sight.

The soldier that was knocked out of formation is standing now, rolling his shoulders and neck to make sure nothing broke. He seems to be fine.

Looks like a everyone will be coming back alive this time.

Conditions :

(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :

(NPC)
Blizzard

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Blizzard Dove Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +3 Movement/Dodging. +2 Speed)
-- (Energy: 40/40)
- Ice Sword x3 (+1 Magic Potency) (8 Max Ice Swords)

(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm
- Missing Left Wing

(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws

(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Shattered Left Elbow

(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

World Events:

Maps
Combat Maps

World Map

Fri May 30, 2014 6:51 am
Loose Canon

"You can what?! Hell yeah, cheater magic vs cheater magic! Put something dangerous where they're about to teleport, or just cancel the teleport on part of their body!
If they're gonna teleport an explosion again, just try to warn us!

And Mist for god's sake don't go under it, if it falls there's no way you'll survive! It'd be like dropping a mountain on you!"
> If Mist continues towards Turtle, jump off and head towards South. If not, stay in the wave.
Either way, be ready to slash at anything that teleports at me.

Fri May 30, 2014 7:10 am
Profile WWW

> Leisurely stroll back to town with the bow held in my hands. Try to pick up some kind of skill with inspiration from my surroundings.

"So, any of you know how one learns quickly and efficiently? I don't, and I could use some help.

...Maaaaaaaaybe boooooow skills?"

Fri May 30, 2014 12:41 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Horoma take any of my other swords or staffs, get down on the ground and predict them with your attacks. John I'm going to try and flip it over with this wave. I want this turtle on its back."

Fri May 30, 2014 3:36 pm

> Swords out.
"Are you friend or foe?"

Fri May 30, 2014 5:08 pm
Loose Canon

"No way in hell. No way in hell you can flip it. Cut its legs off or something, but I doubt all of us together could flip this thing."

Phoenix, your best bet for learning skills is to just practice em. I fought with against Whirlwind with a spear, and that's how I got halberd and warrior skills. Practice shooting your bow, you'll get better at it very quickly.
As for magic, you'll need a teacher for that. Though expanding on your lightning based arrow techniques is possible.

Fri May 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Only one way to find out eh?"

Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 am

>Try to detect anything

"Why are we illuminated?"

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:35 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 275)
Roll 275

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
> ??? 4: "Are you friend or foe?"

Sounds like it's directed at you.

"Why are we illuminated?"

Feiar: "We're friends! We're trying to get to a safe place."

The pounding sounds like it's coming closer.

Conditions :
- Burned Face
- Missing Eyebrows

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
> "You can what?! Hell yeah, cheater magic vs cheater magic! Put something dangerous where they're about to teleport, or just cancel the teleport on part of their body!

And Mist for god's sake don't go under it, if it falls there's no way you'll survive! It'd be like dropping a mountain on you!"

Mist: "Horoma take any of my other swords or staffs, get down on the ground and predict them with your attacks. John I'm going to try and flip it over with this wave. I want this turtle on its back."

"No way in hell. No way in hell you can flip it. Cut its legs off or something, but I doubt all of us together could flip this thing."

Mist: "Only one way to find out eh?"

You jump out of the wave with Horoma as Mist continues towards the turtle. Horoma has the Rune Paint staff in her hands with an unfamiliar rune.

Flicking one hand in the direction of the mages and then the staff, a mage suddenly appears right in front of you.

(you) 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 10 vs 4 = 2 + 2 (enemy)

You barely see Whirlwind as it whips through the air in front of you, gliding through the mage without resistance. Both halves of the corpses hit the ground with a thump.

Meanwhile, Mist manages to get his wave of water under the turtle, forming it into a column and trying to flip the beast by pusing it up from one side. He doesn't seem to be doing anything at all, and to make things worse, the turtle starts dropping its body.

That's when you notice LucidAucupe almost right in front of the turtle. A bright white light briefly obscures your vision, and when you blink away the blinding effect, you see all the foilage at the front of the turtle is charred or on fire.

The turtle's underside impacts the ground with a titantic crash, shaking the ground like an earthquake. Mist somehow ended up behind the turtle, uncrushed, while all the water seems to have vanished.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
> John: "You can what?! Hell yeah, cheater magic vs cheater magic! Put something dangerous where they're about to teleport, or just cancel the teleport on part of their body!

"Horoma take any of my other swords or staffs, get down on the ground and predict them with your attacks. John I'm going to try and flip it over with this wave. I want this turtle on its back."

John: "No way in hell. No way in hell you can flip it. Cut its legs off or something, but I doubt all of us together could flip this thing."

"Only one way to find out eh?"

Horoma grabs the Rune Paint staff before jumping out of the wave with John, and you continue towards the turtle. Once you're under one side, you empower the mass of liquid with as much kinetics as you can, and propel it upwards in a column.

Unfortunately, the turtle is the size of a small mountain, and your water miniscule water pillar barely nudges the beast.

The turtle then drops its body, and the rocky underside rushes to meet you.

Except it doesn't, you think. There's a blinding flash of light and a wave of heat, and you feel yourself crashing into something.

Your eyes are filled with light and pain, and might take a bit to clear up.

(See Combat Maps)

Conditions :
- Blinded (Can't see, ends in 1 turn)
- Torrential Armor (+4 Casting/Attacks)

(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
> You draw both swords and face the trio revealed by Koa's light.

"Are you friend or foe?"

??? Human: "Why are we illuminated?"

??? Child Chirop: "We're friends! We're trying to get to a safe place."

The pounding sounds like it's coming closer.

Conditions :

(Harzipan)
Isaac
[ - ] = -
>

Conditions :
(None)

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
> You lead the group back to the city, holding your bow in your hands and looking around for inspiration for a new skill.

There's grass, and sky, and some mountains in the distance to the north. There are bodies too, scores of them here and there, along with more grass.

Not very, well, inspiring.

"So, any of you know how one learns quickly and efficiently? I don't, and I could use some help.

...Maaaaaaaaybe boooooow skills?"

Most of the soldiers just look at you or shake their heads.

???: "I don't think any of us here are archers."

Red Mage: "Maybe work on expanding your electrical abilities?"

It isn't long before you reach the city, the gate rising to let you in.

Conditions :

(NPC)
Aucupe

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :

(NPC)
Blizzard

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Blizzard Dove Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +3 Movement/Dodging. +2 Speed)
-- (Energy: 40/40)
- Ice Sword x3 (+1 Magic Potency) (8 Max Ice Swords)

(NPC)
Horoma

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Koa Tsinthula

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Missing Right Forearm
- Missing Left Wing

(NPC)
Ettiin Enku

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Wing-bone Claws

(NPC)
Rudo Liimas

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
- Shattered Left Elbow

(NPC)
Uugram[/b]
[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Feiar

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

(NPC)
Maargral

[ - ] = -
> ~

Conditions :
(None)

World Events:

Maps
Combat Maps

World Map

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:37 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 133  Next