View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:26 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Writeup 7) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 1)
Roll 277 - 1
____________________

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
>

Can you feel a core for this thing? We aren't gonna get anywhere just hacking and slashing.

Naomi: It's well-insulated. I can't feel anything radiating out of it, or get any luck probing.

Mist: "Where's the weak spot on this thing?!"

Horoma: "Maybe it doesn't have one!"

Blizzard appears to be sticking his ice swords into various parts of the turtle's shell.

Blizzard: "When I tell you to, throw whatever you have at the shell!"

____________________

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
>

"Where's the weak spot on this thing?!"

Horoma: "Maybe it doesn't have one!"

Blizzard appears to be sticking his ice swords into various parts of the turtle's shell.

Blizzard: "When I tell you to, throw whatever you have at the shell!"

____________________

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
>

"Everyone's alive. Really gotta thank Darvus over here - If it wasn't for him, you could be looking at my corpse now. So, is there anything we could help with? We're pretty much free."

Karina: "Hmm, not sure. We're rotating teams of soldiers and mages right now so returning teams have a chance to recover before being sent out again. I guess you can relax for a bit, train or whatever, before you're up again.

Oh, and stay away from the ironworks. We've had some mages of unknown alliance trying to attack it, and the guards posted there are eager to fry anyone who looks suspicious.

If you don't feel like training, you can ask me questions or whatever. No one needs healing right now, and I'm kinda bored."


She takes another bite from the loaf of bread, looking at you curiously.

____________________


Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:29 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 1)
> Force some cracks into the shell, cover some area away from Blizzard


Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:45 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 1)
> Use 3 energy and form up the biggest, baddest blade of wind I can on Whirlwind. Also jump into the air, be ready to zoom down on the signal and slam the blade into Torterra..


Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3029
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 1)
>Try Again


Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:35 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 1)
"Right. Team, go ahead and rest up for a bit. So, Karina, do you mind teaching me a way to actually heal stuff? I won't mind a 'Huge-Fat-Book-Of-Magicks', really."

Not really an action, but whatever, yolo is guuud. C:

> Gesture to let my team take a rest. Then, sit on something, maybe a chair, a bed, but not Karina's loaf of yummy bread.


Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 1)
NPC me for a week, won't be action-ing for about 8 days.

Until I get back on about 22nd-23rd June.

If possible, have my NPC-mind consistently train myself in electric masteries and *if possible* healing magicks.


Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
Time to get back to rolling.





Roll 277 - 2
____________________

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
>

You fire another ice-embued arrow, this time hitting the stone spider on the front left limb. The stone becomes covered with frost, and when it hits the ground, it shatters.

The spider continues pushing the limb down to the ground, contacting the floor, and as it pulls it back up, it looks complete again, as if it took material from the ground to rebuild itself.

____________________

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
>

(you) 3 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 17 vs ? = 6 + 5 - ? (enemy)

You take some energy from the Whirlwind Armor and focus it into the largest, sharpest air blade you can make, the nearly invisible plane stretching out from the top of the halberd.

Blizzard: "NOW!"

Something feels wrong about the living stone under your feet. A feeling of dread, seeming to be strongest around Blizzard and his swords. But, you shove aside the thought and jump.

The blast of wind throws you high into the air, and as you begin to fall back down, another blast of air sends you hurtling towards the giant beast, wind blade held firmly down aiming for the center of the shell, in the perfect center of Blizzard's sword formation.

You don't feel the impact. The armor takes away that feeling. But you feel your focused blade of air driving through grass and roots and dirt and rock, severing faint lines of energy, before bursting out of the underside of the turtle.

The turtle starts to crumble, with the trees on its back falling over and large chunks of stone falling off. Its legs fail to support itself, and everyone leaps off as the mountain crashes down.

The party gathers at the side of the mound of earth that used to be an enemy, everyone unscathed.

Horoma: "Is it dead?"

____________________

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
>

You move to an area where Blizzard isn't, though one of his ice swords are nearby.

Blizzard: "NOW!"

Something pulses from the ice sword near you. You're not exactly sure what, but it feels sickening, like the feeling of a gassy stomach that then ties itself in knots. You ignore it, and slam Torrent into the turtle's shell as hard as your kinetic-empowered limbs allow, letting out a kinetic shockwave into the turtle as the weapon makes contact.

(you) 5 + 4 + 2 = 11 vs ? = 6 + 5 - ? (enemy)

You feel the shell being pulverized at a microscopic level, the dense earth making up the body of the turtle being broken down into ultra fine particles. John then falls from the sky, impacting the shell hard enough to slam you with a gust of wind.

The turtle starts to crumble, with the trees on its back falling over and large chunks of stone falling off. Its legs fail to support itself, and everyone leaps off as the mountain crashes down.

The party gathers at the side of the mound of earth that used to be an enemy, everyone unscathed.

Horoma: "Is it dead?"

____________________

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
>

"Right. Team, go ahead and rest up for a bit. So, Karina, do you mind teaching me a way to actually heal stuff? I won't mind a 'Huge-Fat-Book-Of-Magicks', really."

You gesture for your team to go rest, and you find a seat to sit in while the others leave.

Karina: "We don't have a 'Huge-Fat-Book-of-Magicks' conveniently lying around, and healing magic is fairly complex, not something you can learn without years of study. But, I can teach you a quick an' dirty trick that could probably save you some agony, just don't expect it to regrow a severed limb or anything big like that.

While 'healing magic' is a complex application of a large variety of magics, the first magic technique developed to heal wounds used light magic.

Well, unless if you count cauterizing a wound with fire to be a 'healing' technique, then this would be the second. Anyways.

Before the first corruption, the only known use of light magic was to produce light and heat, but it was a rough, impure use for it, resulting in fire. During the first corruption, some mage whos name I cannot recall discovered a way to use light magic to accelerate an area of space.

Speed things up, to put it simply. The Haste spell. The healing technique uses the haste spell over a small portion of the body to speed up the body's natural healing process, allowing a mage to quickly close open wounds and severed arteries to stop bleeding.

However, you shouldn't use this technique to completely heal any major injury. Since the body is still using its own resources to repair the damage, trying to use this to completely heal extreme wounds will cause the body to exhaust itself in energy and material. Because the subject cannot eat enough food and digest it in the few seconds of the spell, the body eats itself to force the repair to go through.

So, things like deep cuts or some bruising are fine. Anything more serious, only use this technique to close veins and stop bleeding. Don't try to repair flesh or bone damage."


She then goes on to teach you how to use light magic. With your already existing knowledge of lightning magic, which derives from light, it isn't too difficult, though you had to have quite a few complicated things explained that you were never taught or were taken by one of the holes in your memory.


- Magic Control Level - Pathic
-- Light (Minute Control)
--- Haste
---- Accelerated Repair


____________________


Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3029
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
"You srs"

>Trail Blazer to Face


Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
"Blizzard, what WAS that?"


Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
"Light magic. Interesting... Could you teach me how to use Light magic offensively? Sorry, I know you're a healer, but perhaps you could teach me how to better manipulate my control over the element of Electric, or maybe Light. If not, just go ahead and flood my brains with DEM HEAL MAGICKS SKILLS."

> Bla bla moar.


Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:20 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
"Find where the head was, if it's still breathing it'll feel like a damn strong wind"


Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 3)
Roll 277 - 3
____________________

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
>

"You srs"

You fire a trailblazer at the stone spider's face, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Ettiin: "Hey, we only have so much air down here, don't burn it up with fire."

The stone spider seems to have stopped, though.

Koa: "If the center of it is sufficiently damaged, it should give me enough space to neutralize the magic inside."

Ettiin: "So can I just go run up to it and punch it? I don't want it absorbing me or something."

Koa: "I don't know if it can absorb flesh or metal, it might just get stronger if it nabs your sword."

____________________

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
>

"Blizzard, what WAS that?"

Blizzard: "If you mean that feeling you got, it was from a heavy negation blast. Magic users are more sensitive to the feeling than non-mages, since they're more in tune with the energy around them."

Mist: "Find where the head was, if it's still breathing it'll feel like a damn strong wind"

Aucupe: "I passed the head on my way here, it's just a pile of rubble."

Dirt and small rocks start sliding down the sides of the miniature mountain as something pushes itself out of the top of the mound.

A short figure stands up, about 5 feet tall, wearing a black cloak with violet detailing. A long, wavy dagger is in its hand, and under the shadow of its hood, you see a pair of glowing violet orbs.

The three of Blizzard's ice swords are still sitting in the mountain, somehow upright and perfectly impaled into the earth despite the collapse. The figure looks at each one for a brief second, before focusing its gaze on your group.

Murderer

Blizzard flinches at the telepathic message, gripping his weapon tightly, but keeping it pointed at the ground.

____________________

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
>

John: "Blizzard, what WAS that?"

Blizzard: "If you mean that feeling you got, it was from a heavy negation blast. Magic users are more sensitive to the feeling than non-mages, since they're more in tune with the energy around them."

"Find where the head was, if it's still breathing it'll feel like a damn strong wind"

Aucupe: "I passed the head on my way here, it's just a pile of rubble."

Dirt and small rocks start sliding down the sides of the miniature mountain as something pushes itself out of the top of the mound.

A short figure stands up, about one and a half meters tall, wearing a black cloak with violet detailing. A long, wavy dagger is in its hand, and under the shadow of its hood, you see a pair of glowing violet orbs.

The three of Blizzard's ice swords are still sitting in the mountain, somehow upright and perfectly impaled into the earth despite the collapse. The figure looks at each one for a brief second, before focusing its gaze on your group.

Murderer

Blizzard flinches at the telepathic message, gripping his weapon tightly, but keeping it pointed at the ground.

____________________

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
>

"Light magic. Interesting... Could you teach me how to use Light magic offensively? Sorry, I know you're a healer, but perhaps you could teach me how to better manipulate my control over the element of Electric, or maybe Light. If not, just go ahead and flood my brains with DEM HEAL MAGICKS SKILLS."

Karina: "I think your electrical abilities are good where they are, since you already know how to embue things with it. Just throw some lightning bolts or electrically charged objects at enemies. Deriving fire from light is easy, I can help you with that, but I can't just grab all the knowledge of healing in my head and put it in yours. You would know it without being able to actually use it, since the brain needs to be trained to use magic as much as the body is trained to fight and wield weapons.

You would also have to be capable of using dark magic, and you don't know anything that derives from that, so it makes things all the more difficult. If I was a telepathic mage, I could maybe pull it off, but it's risky and might just make your head melt."


You get taught on how to use crude light magic to create fire, which is a bit harder than you thought. Apparently there's more to magic fire than just making hot stuff, else it'll just end up being an explosion. Though, explosions can be useful too.

- Magic Control Level - Pathic
-- Thermal (Fire)

____________________


Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3029
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
>Cold Fronts I gues?!?!?

"I pew pew ice and i hope we win =D"


Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
> Edge closer to the figure


Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:05 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
"Hi there. Was this turtle yours?"
> If they charge, make an air shockwave to knock them back.


Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]