View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:17 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Writeup 7) 
Author Message

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 2)
"Oh, nice. That's great. So, what else could I possibly learn from you, Karina? Also, what happens when you try to combine fire with lightning? O.o"


Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 4)
FlyingPhoenix, you might find this interesting.






Roll 277 - 4
____________________

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
>

You fire another Cold Front at the spider, but this time a wall of earth rises up in front of the spider, protecting it from the arrow.

It doesn't seem very aggressive, or maybe it just can't do anything at a distance.

____________________

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
>

"Hi there. Was this turtle yours?"

Noami: I have a bad feeling about this.

Next thing you know, the top half of one of the mages that was supposed to be dead blinks in front of you, and then explodes.

The shockwave scatters the group, but everyone seems to be unharmed, even Horoma who doesn't have armor.

By the time you get back to your feet, All of the ice swords in the mountain have been shattered, their pieces tumbling down the slope. The figure is halfway down the mound, waiting, watching for your next move.

____________________

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
>

John: "Hi there. Was this turtle yours?"

Out of nowhere, the top half of one of the mages that was supposed to be dead blinks in front of John, and then explodes.

The shockwave scatters the group, but everyone seems to be unharmed, though Horoma seems moderately dazed.

By the time you get back to your feet, All of the ice swords in the mountain have been shattered, their pieces tumbling down the slope. The figure is halfway down the mound, waiting, watching for your next move.

____________________

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
>

"Oh, nice. That's great. So, what else could I possibly learn from you, Karina? Also, what happens when you try to combine fire with lightning?"

Karina: "I don't think I can teach you anything else right now. Electricity travels a lot better through fire than it does through air, so you can shoot lightning through fire and stuff."

____________________


Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 4)
"No, no. S'fine. Teleporting corpses.
Horoma, can you run interference on any more of those? I've got a foot to deliver up this person's ass."
> Rush forward and attack. Wind edge on Whirlwind.


Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:22 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 4)
"So in other words, you're encouraging me to blast lightning through waves of fire? Sounds interesting. Well, when it's time for my team's next patrol, I'll be glad to test it on some corrupted."


Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 4)
Whelp. I kind of forgot to mention that I'd be gone for a week.

Uh, yeah.

> Try a Razor Wave on that spider. Aim for its center.


Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:38 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 4)
> Wait for John to move off, then follow close behind and power flow attack after he does


Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 5)
Roll 277 - 5
____________________

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
>

"No, no. S'fine. Teleporting corpses.
Horoma, can you run interference on any more of those? I've got a foot to deliver up this person's ass."


The bird shakes off the daze and readies the staf for casting.

Horoma: "I'm on it!"

You form a wind blade on Whirlwind and charge. The figure flicks its wrist to the side before holding the dagger ready.

(you) 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 13 vs 16 = 2 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 5 (enemy)

The instant you're in range, you lash out with Whirlwind, the razor sharp weapon flying fast enough to make the air sing, and it stops cold as it collides with the dagger.

Somehow the shrimp a head shorter than you is strong enough to stop an attack head on, and then follow up with a leap and a punch to your armored chest, hurling you back and crashing into Mist, who happened to be behind you.

The two of you tumble back down the mountain, and you recover fast enough to see the figure blocking a swing from LucidAucupe and then jumping back, landing out of sight on the opposite side of the mound.

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 37/50)

____________________

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
>

You follow John close behind as he charges towards the figure. Unfortanately, the enemy blocks John's swing and slugs him inth e chest, sending John flying into you and the both of you tumbling back down the mountain. You recover fast enough to see the figure blocking a swing from LucidAucupe and then jumping back, landing out of sight on the opposite side of the mound.

Conditions :
- Blinded (Can't see, ends next turn)
- Torrential Armor (+4 Casting/Attacks)
-- (Energy: 42/50)

____________________

(Nighthawk)
Kyros Deiimor
[ - ] = -
>

The stone spider is hiding behind a wall, but youswimg your blade and aim a Razor Wave where you think its center is behind the wall.

The wave cuts through the wall and the entire structure crumbles to debris. There isn't a stone spider behind the wall anymore, only a pile of rubble of where it was standing. Hovering above the rubble pile is a swarm of tiny pricks of light, which soon vanish.

Ettiin: "Is it gone?"

Koa: "Yeah. Destroyed the spirit and all that."

Ettiin: "It seemed kinda dumb."

Rudo: "Good for us. Hopefully they're all like that."

____________________

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
>

"So in other words, you're encouraging me to blast lightning through waves of fire? Sounds interesting. Well, when it's time for my team's next patrol, I'll be glad to test it on some corrupted."

Karina: "Mmm. You could probably do a bit of training in the meantime, or go back to the tent and see if anything needs to be done."

____________________


Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:40 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 5)
"Mist, go from the right. Blizzard, from the left! Aucupe, front! I've got rear."
> Drain 6 energy from mage stone into Whirlwind, jump high then dash down to behind the figure, attack with Wind Edge if she tries to run.


Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 5)
> Go right


Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am
Posts: 32
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 5)
"Alright. Thanks for all the help, Karina!"

> Begin thy stroll to the weapons tent, at the same time rallying my team to follow along. Enter the tent alone.


Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3029
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 5)
"I still don't know if that thing is hostile!"


Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10430
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
Sorry 'bout the lack of rolls recently, been busy with work. Going to be getting as many rolls as I can during the weekends.










Roll 277 - 6
____________________

(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ - ] = -
>

"I still don't know if that thing is hostile!"

Ettiin: "Maybe we can find another one and see if it's hostile. I'm Ettiin Enku, by the way." - The armored chirop with powerful bone-claws on her arm in place of wings.

Rudo: "Rudo Liimas. Nice to meet you." - Green robed chirop, her left arm seems to be broken.

Koa: "Koa Tsinthula." - Black and white robed chirop. She has a helm and a chestplate. Her right forearm is missing, and the left arm is missing the wing.

I am Uugram. - The green dragon, it seems.

Feiar: "Dariin, Feiar."

Maargral: "Just Maargral."

____________________

(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ - ] = -
>

"Mist, go from the right. Blizzard, from the left! Aucupe, front! I've got rear."

Mist and Blizzard dash towards their ordered flanks while Aucupe charges up the mound. After dumping some energy from your mage stone into Whirlwind, you air jump upwards and towards where you think the figure is.

Except, by the time you get over the top of the mound, LucidAucupe is already sprinting down the other side, engaging the figure... And another figure, looking exactly the same, is in the air, hurtling towards you.

(you) 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13 vs 12 = 2 + 9 + 1 (enemy)

Despite the unexpected appearance, you manage to move faster than the incoming figure, slashing through the enemy's waist with a wind-bladed Whirlwind. The body starts to separate mid-air, and then explodes.

The shockwave this close stops your forward momentum and throws you back. Your air time is brief and it takes only a couple of seconds until you land on the side of the mound, feet first and then grabbing the terrain with an arm to keep yourself from tumbling back.

From the sound of things, LucidAucupe, Mist, and Blizzard seem to be occupied in separate fights.

Conditions :
- Whirlwind Armor (+2 Physical Actions, +1 Movement/Dodging)
-- (Energy: 34/50)

____________________

(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ - ] = -
>

John: "Mist, go from the right. Blizzard, from the left! Aucupe, front! I've got rear."

Dashing to the right, you make it about a quarter way around the mound before you see the figure sprinting towards you at full speed.

(you) 3 = 3 vs 17 = 2 + 9 + 6 (enemy)

The figure closes the distance in a blink of an eye. Your armor screams as a sturdy, wavy dagger hacks its way through the front of your chest plate. The rent, magic-formed metal of your armor wriggles and reforms itself, closing the gap, but the armor feels a lot weaker.

Torrent: Damnit Mist, don't take another hit like that! Throw some shockwaves or something and keep it away!

Conditions :
- Torrential Armor (+4 Casting/Attacks)
-- (Energy: 28/50)

____________________

(xFlyingxPhoenix)
Kineria Forge
[ - ] = -
>

"Alright. Thanks for all the help, Karina!"

Leaving the medical tent, you signal for your team to follow, and head towards the weapons tent. You enter alone, joining two soldiers inside who are looking at a map on the table.

???: "Lo, Forge. I guess your mission went well?"

The soldier addressing you has his helm on, but you can see that his skin has the same black and white mottled appearance as yours.

____________________


Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:03 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
> Shockwave as quickly as possible, try and knock myself to one side while knocking my opponent back


Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
> New plan. Apply three shield tags to myself, then whoosh over towards Roast and cut down that Plague while its beating up Roastorrent.


Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Heck if I know.
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 277 - 6)
> Introduce self to the newcomer.

"And I am Kyros Deiimor.

Now, we should probably start looking for a way out of here. As much as I dislike the notion of returning with our job incomplete, I have no intention of putting injured soldiers in further danger, much less injured friends."


Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:38 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.028s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]