View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 133  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Writeup 7) 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 73)
> Ice spikes burst from ground, into the glowy golem.


Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11407
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 73)
Roast, ragdoll, actions.


Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Being The Great Juju
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 73)
>Try using Sanguis on an inanimate target (ie tree trunk or sumthin'), see if it behaves in any special or unique way.


Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:45 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 73)
"Now what?"
Help with holding them off.


Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11407
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
Time to get back into gear.


Roll 74
____________________


(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ 1 ] = 1
> You take a blue robe off of a dead body and put it on.

It's kinda cold, but seems undamaged. On the back of the robe is an emblem:

Image

Race: Human
Inventory (7/10) :
- Bow
- Quiver [50 arrows]
-- Arrows (Qty. 47)
- 142 gold coins
- Cooked Venison (Qty. 1)
- Deer Pelt
- Quartz
-- (Energy: ===)
- Frozen Grass Blades (Qty. 50) (Melts in 1 turn)

Equipped (0/10) :

Active Abilities :
- Arrow Abilities (Requires a bow and arrows)
-- Fire Arrows
-- Cold Front
-- Tornado Shot
-- Trail Blazer
- Magic Control Level - Instinctual
-- Elemental
-- Accelerated Repair

Passive Abilities :
- Stealth (+1 any action involving sneaking)
- Bull's Eye (+2 to precision actions)

Conditions :



(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ 4 ] = 4
> You create a load of icicles under the golem and hurl them upwards. The ice rips apart the golem's body, and an explosion of light and heat knocks you on your ass.

When your eyes can see again, there's small crater where the golem once stood.

You also notice that the large dark sphere is gone, and the mages finish off the other golems in a short amount of time.

Race: Human
Inventory (6/10) :

- Leather Pouch
-- 1500 gold coins
- Calligraphy Kit
- Paper Runes
-- Shield Tah (Qty. 6)
-- Earth Elemental Tag (Qty. 1)
-- Fire Drop Tag (Qty. 6)
-- Lightning Tag (Qty. 5)
-- Lightning-Trap Tag (Qty. 5)
-- Push Tag (Qty. 6)
- The Chronicles of Kark (book)
- The Two Lovers of Vranhal (book)
- Crossbow Bolt (Qty. 17)
Equipped (4/10) :
- Andrew's Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ==========)
- Quality Chainmail
- Quality Gauntlets (Qty. 2)

Active Abilities :
- Magic Control Level - Pathic
-- Elemental
--- Ice Claws
-- Kinetic

Passive Abilities :

Conditions :
- Burnt Hands (-1 hand use)



(wiffles)
DogBerry
[ 3 ] = 3
> "Uhh, what just happened?"

"Jes' gave the red bastard a little taste of cold steel!"
"Let's get out of here before they decide to check on their little friend."

Everyone starts to head east until you guys come upon another town, but this one is up in flames. From afar, you can see dark figures randomly milling about.

Race: Human
Inventory (4/10) :
- Death of literacy
- Long Sword
- Wallet (501 gold coins)
- Twine Sack (0/20)
Equipped (8/10) :
- Helmet
- Plated Cuirass
- Plated Gauntlets (Qty. 2)
- Plated Greaves (Qty. 2)
- Steel Shield
- Chainmail Hauberk

Active Abilities :
- Asinine combustion (Dogberry's complete idiocy can make enemies spontaneously combust in rage)
- Dance Dance Revolution! (+2 any action involving dance)
- Dance moves
-- Moon walk
-- Circle Spin
-- Crotch Grab 'N Pop
-- Ballerina Spin
- Blade Dance
- Magic Control Level - Vocal
-- Basic Elemental

Passive Abilities :
- Enhanced Vision (can see in the dark)
- Soldier's Training (+1 physical activities)

Conditions :



(Ragdollmaster)
Gustaf Anorak
[ 1 ] = 1
> You swing Sanguis into a column of ice, and the blade lets out a ring as it buries itself in about 3 inches deep.

... Nothing happens. Maybe you need a live target?

Race: Human
Inventory (3/10) :
- Sanguis
- Firebrand
- 100 gold coins

Equipped (4/10) :
- Echo Helm (+1 Detection)
- Magmaul (Brigandine)
- Caelum Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ==--------)
- Caelum Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ----------)

Abilities :
- Heaven's Blessing: Automatically roll a 5 when used with an action. (10 turn recharge)
-- Rechargo-Meter (==========)

Passive Abilities :

Conditions :



(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ 3 ] = 3
> "Now what?"

"I don't know. Wait... Are they retreating? Already?"

You look to see that the enemy is indeed running away. Val falls from the sky and lands near the bridge feet-first with a loud stomp.

"They were sent a message to retreat back to their 'base'. Apparently, it's under attack."
"By who?"
"Don't know. The message wasn't very detailed, and the sender was panicking. Maybe we should follow them?"
"Could be a trap. Trying to lure us to a place where they have an edge."
"Doubt it. And it's not like we're sending an entire army after them; Just us."

Val follows the enemy forces on foot without another word while Kark, David, and the other chirop follow.

Somni is still standing at your side.

"What's going on exactly?"

Race: Human
Inventory (3/10) :
- Vulcanis
- Leather Bag
-- 1100 gold coins

Equipped (1/10) :
- Caelum Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ====------)

Abilities :
- Magic Control Level - Runic
-- Energy Control
-- Elemental
-- Kinetic
- /Instinctual
-- Addle Lance

Passive Abilities :
- Critical Eye (+1 to actions involving precise movements)

Conditions :



(Banrax)
Banrax
[ 2 ] = 2
> You report your findings to the mage.

"That's where this ruby comes in. There's enough juice in this thing to cloak us for a good amount of time."

He vanishes from sight, and you notice that you're is invisible as well.

Race: Human
Inventory (2/10) :
- Whirlwind Halberd
- Curved Dagger (+1 to precise attacks)

Equipped (0/10) :

Active Abilities :

Passive Abilities :
- Advanced Learning (Can learn at a faster rate)

Conditions :
- Invisible (Ends in 5 turns)





(NPC Group)
Scouting Party
[ - ] = -
>

Members (11) :
- Soldiers (x 11)



World Events:
Time of day: Night


Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Being The Great Juju
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
>Look around for a live target, preferably something that's easy to overpower. Maybe an injured soldier.


Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:55 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
> Apply a cooling force to my hands to help the burn, but don't engage ice claws. Walk over to the other mages.


Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1020
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
>Follow the mage's footsteps, or hold his hand.


Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
"Well, you heard Val. They're retreating, and we'd be unwise to miss an opportunity to see some cool stuff. Besides, you and her have barely had a chance to meet yet. We should go."
> Follow.


Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:39 am
Posts: 482
Location: Playing a children's card game
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
Scout out the new, burny town.


Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 3029
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 74)
Look around some more.


Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:40 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11407
Location: Here
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 75)
Roll 75
____________________


(dragonxp)
Cihas
[ 6 ] = 6
> You look around: It seems that there are quite a number of large tents around, and you appear to be in some sort of frozen valley.

Gustaf walks over to an injured soldier and puts him out of his misery.

Race: Human
Inventory (7/10) :
- Bow
- Quiver [50 arrows]
-- Arrows (Qty. 47)
- 142 gold coins
- Cooked Venison (Qty. 1)
- Deer Pelt
- Quartz
-- (Energy: ===)
- Grass Blades (Qty. 50)

Equipped (1/10) :
- Caelum Blue Robe

Active Abilities :
- Arrow Abilities (Requires a bow and arrows)
-- Fire Arrows
-- Cold Front
-- Tornado Shot
-- Trail Blazer
- Magic Control Level - Instinctual
-- Elemental
-- Accelerated Repair

Passive Abilities :
- Stealth (+1 any action involving sneaking)
- Bull's Eye (+2 to precision actions)

Conditions :



(TorrentHKU)
John Freemaneth
[ 4 ] = 4
> You apply a cooling force to your hands to help the burn, and it seems to make it go away. Following the other mages, you see that they all have the same emblem on their robes:

Image

They lead you into and through the damaged walls of the prison until you arrive in a large circular chamber. Crystals the size of men line the chamber's perimeter, and in the center of the chamber is the white blade that you saw the armored figure wielding earlier.

Surrounding the blade are several mages, some alive and standing, some on the ground, dead. One of the mages you were following speak up:

"Where is the weapon?"
"Damn thing teleported..."
"..."

A mage in a blue robe is staring at a map, concentrating.

Race: Human
Inventory (6/10) :

- Leather Pouch
-- 1500 gold coins
- Calligraphy Kit
- Paper Runes
-- Shield Tah (Qty. 6)
-- Earth Elemental Tag (Qty. 1)
-- Fire Drop Tag (Qty. 6)
-- Lightning Tag (Qty. 5)
-- Lightning-Trap Tag (Qty. 5)
-- Push Tag (Qty. 6)
- The Chronicles of Kark (book)
- The Two Lovers of Vranhal (book)
- Crossbow Bolt (Qty. 17)
Equipped (4/10) :
- Andrew's Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ==========)
- Quality Chainmail
- Quality Gauntlets (Qty. 2)

Active Abilities :
- Magic Control Level - Pathic
-- Elemental
--- Ice Claws
-- Kinetic

Passive Abilities :

Conditions :



(wiffles)
DogBerry
[ 1 ] = 1
> You sneak closer to the burny village, and manage to get a closer look at the figures walking around. They seem to be wearing dark robes with a strange aura around their bodies.

The other soldiers in your party spot the figures as well.

"I've never seen THAT before. Maybe it's some other group of mages?"
"What are they doing around the fire? Aren't they getting burnt?"
"Dun look like it."
"Hey guys, we've got company."

You turn around and look in the direction you came, and see a small army headed your way.

Race: Human
Inventory (4/10) :
- Death of literacy
- Long Sword
- Wallet (501 gold coins)
- Twine Sack (0/20)
Equipped (8/10) :
- Helmet
- Plated Cuirass
- Plated Gauntlets (Qty. 2)
- Plated Greaves (Qty. 2)
- Steel Shield
- Chainmail Hauberk

Active Abilities :
- Asinine combustion (Dogberry's complete idiocy can make enemies spontaneously combust in rage)
- Dance Dance Revolution! (+2 any action involving dance)
- Dance moves
-- Moon walk
-- Circle Spin
-- Crotch Grab 'N Pop
-- Ballerina Spin
- Blade Dance
- Magic Control Level - Vocal
-- Basic Elemental

Passive Abilities :
- Enhanced Vision (can see in the dark)
- Soldier's Training (+1 physical activities)

Conditions :



(Ragdollmaster)
Gustaf Anorak
[ 5 ] = 5
> You walk around and take note that you appear to be in a frozen valley with large tents everywhere. You find an injured but living soldier lying against an ice spike sticking out of the ground.

He appears to be unconscious.

Race: Human
Inventory (3/10) :
- Sanguis
- Firebrand
- 100 gold coins

Equipped (4/10) :
- Echo Helm (+1 Detection)
- Magmaul (Brigandine)
- Caelum Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ==--------)
- Caelum Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ----------)

Abilities :
- Heaven's Blessing: Automatically roll a 5 when used with an action. (10 turn recharge)
-- Rechargo-Meter (==========)

Passive Abilities :

Conditions :



(Roast Veg)
Paradox Mist
[ 1 ] = 1
> "Well, you heard Val. They're retreating, and we'd be unwise to miss an opportunity to see some cool stuff. Besides, you and her have barely had a chance to meet yet. We should go."

"... Okay."

You follow the group following the enemy army until you come upon a town that you've visited earlier. There seem to be a lot more guards around, both human and Lupus.

"Where'd they go?"
"Look at the ground."

Everyone looks at the ground under them, which isn't covered in grass like the rest of the plains.

"Looks like they warped out."
"ALL of them? How much energy do these guys have?"
"Don't know. I guess they've been doing their research. Heh. Lemme see if I can track their teleport and warp us to them. You guys get ready; this won't be an easy battle."

Somni starts to head into town with everyone.

"Hey Mist, I've got an idea! Follow me."

Race: Human
Inventory (3/10) :
- Vulcanis
- Leather Bag
-- 1100 gold coins

Equipped (1/10) :
- Caelum Mage Stone
-- (Energy: ====------)

Abilities :
- Magic Control Level - Runic
-- Energy Control
-- Elemental
-- Kinetic
- /Instinctual
-- Addle Lance

Passive Abilities :
- Critical Eye (+1 to actions involving precise movements)

Conditions :



(Banrax)
Banrax
[ 6 ] = 6
> You hold onto what feels like the sleeve of a robe and follow it as it walks around guards, onto a catwalk, and quietly to another building. A door is silently opened, and you sneak inside and close it quietly.

The mage's invisiblity fades away and so does yours, and in his hand is a large roll of paper and a piece of chalk.

"Alright, we're gonna teleport out of here. Er, well, not OUT of here, but to someone who can get us out. I just need to figure out where that is..."

Emiel unrolls the paper to reveal a map of the city, and traces his finger along the roads paths until he stops at a building next to something that look like appartments.

"We're here... And we need to get..."

His finger walks around again until it lands on a large building that resembles an academy.

"...Here. Not too far for a warp."

The mage starts to draw a large but intricate rune on the ground. When he finishes, he looks up at you somewhat nervously.

"Well... Ready?"

Race: Human
Inventory (2/10) :
- Whirlwind Halberd
- Curved Dagger (+1 to precise attacks)

Equipped (0/10) :

Active Abilities :

Passive Abilities :
- Advanced Learning (Can learn at a faster rate)

Conditions :





(NPC Group)
Scouting Party
[ - ] = -
>

Members (11) :
- Soldiers (x 11)



World Events:
Time of day: Night


Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1020
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 75)
>Ready halberd. Be ready (and ready for a fight if the other side is hostile).


Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Being The Great Juju
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 75)
>EXECUTION GO


Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 75)
"Careful around that thing, I have a feeling it won't just play nice."


Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 133  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.023s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]