View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 RtD - Space [most recent roll: 12/03/2012] 

Post Re: RtD - Space
IAMU-6452:
"Of course we do, we've been arguing for the last 10 minutes on wether we blast its shield with a nitrocellulose explosion, blast the whole door and what's behind with this same explosion focused with a shield or try and hack the door's console to deactivate it, once deactivated I can cut the door."

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Sorry, I got distracted with some voices. Isn't Steve a computer geek? Why doesn't he try to hack the shields and you cut the door? It would be better than probably blowing our only way out."

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 pm

IAMU-6452:
"It surely is best to try this first. Voices?"

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 pm

" I don't see why not trying, whats the worst that could happen?"

Attempt to hack the door

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Yes, IAMU, there are entities talking about our progress in another reality they like to call "Forum". The Architect of our lives was discussing with a minor entity on our section. That distracted me.

Anyway, Steve, hack the ♥♥♥♥ out of it!"

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I can hack the door aswell. I'll be first to go through. After all, what can possibly go wrong?"

♪ Still alive till I die in a artifact accident ♪

Help hack the door.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Uh, I didn't like the sound of it."

>Get ready to help mates if they get hurt on the attempt to open the door.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Stay a safe distance away from the door and be ready for something

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:54 am

If the door hacking fails, take the handle of my knife and smash the control panel.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 pm

rolling now:

unwoundpath: Steve Master : 5
You approach the door's console and try to find a way to deactivate the structural integrity field, you quicly find an emergency procedure that cuts all power to the door, since the console recognizes you as a member of the crew you have no difficulty activating it. The field is now down and the door can be cut. IAMU closes in and pulls out a plasma cutter he uses to begin cutting the door, he says that with the help of James it will take about five minutes. James approaches and activates his plasma dagger to help IAMU. He is now cutting trough the door. After a few minutes the door is opened, you now see a large lab with many computers, scientific equipment and a strange cubic object at the center. Isaac goes first inside the room, you hear IAMU say:"Here are the ingections you need to be protected against the new environment we're about to discover, Charles could you please do it, Isaac doesn't need it since he's going to earth, I'm going to program the destination into the computer". That said IAMU goes near the main computer and connects itself to it, after a few seconds it says:"Ready, destination SS-3, you can go Isaac, good luck.". Isaac stands near the device and dissapears in a bright flash of light. Then you hear:"Ready, destination planet 1.". Charles then injects you with the substance and you go near the device, after Charles finishes the last ingection IAMU says:"Unwanted side effects may include but are not restricted to: madness, loss of conciousness, loss of hair, explosive farts, UFO sightings, schizophrenia, loss of apetite, death and sudden resurrection, sudden immolation ...etc, but these are quite rare, now let's go!"

Description: 5ft 6in Michigan Male

Inventory: 10.724/20kg
_a small box containing electronic components (0.424kg)
_electrical wire(0.15kg)
_3 small bits of metal(3*0.15kg)

_flamethrower pistol (100%) (1.5kg)
_PP-42 (30/30) (1.25kg), 2 extra UPP-72 (2*0.3kg)
_8 incendiary grenades (8*250g)
_a steel rod (3.5kg)
_military knife(0.5kg)

_PS-22-S (100%) (0.35kg)

Abilities (2):
Gatherer : +1/-1 to finding/searching for things
Computer geek: +1/-1 to hacking most computers and electronics

caekdaemon: Isaac Jones : 0
Steve approaches the door's console and quickly deactivates the structural integrity field, then IAMU and James begin to cut the door open with plasma tools, IAMU says it will take approximately 5 minutes, after a few minutes the door is open, the new room is a large laboratory with a lot of computers and scientific equipment, it appears to have been undamaged by the hundread of years of looting, in the center of the room there is a large strange cubic device that is probably the transporter, you hear IAMU say: "Here are the ingections you need to be protected against the new environment we're about to discover, Charles could you please do it, Isaac doesn't need it since he's going to earth, I'm going to program the destination into the computer". You approach the device and now stand in front of it, IAMU says:"Ready, destination SS-3, you can go Isaac, good luck.". That said you are blinded by a bright flash of light and begin to feel quite wierd, as if you were sick, then this flash of light again, and an extreme cold, you can hear some wind too, you are still blinded by the light, now you hear a loud repetitive explosion noise and feel a sharp pain in your torso, you fall on your back, as your vision begins to come back you realise you are bleeding to death, looking down on you is a tall man in a black uniform, with an SMG in his hands, as you are about to loose conciousness he tells you: "This planet's timeline is protected by the black inquisition, you will not be allowed to modify it". That said he just stands there, as you are feeling colder and colder, your vision begins to blurr and you are slowly fading away in this cold land of siberia, you now only vagely see the shape of the man still watching you, saying something you can't understand anymore, you now draw a last slow breath before loosing consciousness...

Description: 6ft tall British male.

Inventory: 3.1/20kg
_big knife (0.5kg)
_PS-22-S (100%) (0.35kg)

_SDR-27 (5/5) (1.75kg)
_military knife (0.5kg)

Abilities (2):
Technical Knowledge : +1/-1 when working using technical knowledge (Assembly and dissembling)
Engineering : +1/-1 to working with the ships engines

Condition
Dead

Nighthawk: Alexander Forsius : 3

You watch as Steve approaches the door's console and quickly deactivates its shield, then IAMU closes in and says cutting the door will take about five minutes, it then begins its task with a plasma cutter as James comes to help it with his plasma dagger, after a few minutes of hard work they successfuly cut an opening large enough to go inside the room. Isaac enters first, followed by IAMU and Steve, then you go in and see a large laboratory filled with various scientific equipment and computers, on the center of the room there is a large cubic object, probably the transportation device. You hear IAMU say: "Here are the ingections you need to be protected against the new environment we're about to discover, Charles could you please do it, Isaac doesn't need it since he's going to earth, I'm going to program the destination into the computer". Isaac approaches the device and now stands before it, when IAMU says: "Ready, destination SS-3, you can go Isaac, good luck.". Isaac dissapears in a bright flash of light as Charles injects you with the immunity booster. Then you hear:"Ready, destination planet 1.". After Charles finishes to inject himself with the immunity booster IAMU says: "Unwanted side effects may include but are not restricted to: madness, loss of conciousness, loss of hair, explosive farts, UFO sightings, schizophrenia, loss of apetite, death and sudden resurrection, sudden immolation ...etc, but these are quite rare, now let's go!".

Description : Tallish human male. Slightly pale complexion, black hair, blue eyes.

Inventory: 3.102/20kg
_a screwdriver (0.2kg)
_a piece of paper (0.002kg)

_short and sharp knife (0.2 kg)
_SDR-27 (5/5) (1.75kg)
_unidentified grenade (0.4 kg)

_PS-22 (max charge = 132%) (0.75kg)
_combat detector (0.2 kg)

Abilities (2):
Tinkerer : +1/-1 to making stuff out of random junk.
Pain Resistance : Allows cancellation of -1 modifiers due to pain.

Asklar : Charles Cross : 3

Steve comes near the door's console and quickly figures out how to deactivate its structural integrity field, then IAMU asks James's help to cut it and estimates it will take about five minutes, they begin cutting it with plasma tools and are finished after a few minutes, you check one last time behind you to see if noone has followed you and then enter the room: it is a large sized room containing many computers and scientific equipment, you recognise some medical instruments too, then you hear IAMU say: "Here are the ingections you need to be protected against the new environment we're about to discover, Charles could you please do it, Isaac doesn't need it since he's going to earth, I'm going to program the destination into the computer". You take the immunity booster from a small medical locker attached to the wall and begin injecting your friends with it: first Xander, then Steve, James and finally yourself, you were too buisy with your task to notice Isaac was gone and are quite surprised when you don't see him, and then remember he was quite in a hurry to go to earth, then IAMU says: "Ready, destination planet 1.", and a few seconds later, speaking of the injection:"Unwanted side effects may include but are not restricted to: madness, loss of conciousness, loss of hair, explosive farts, UFO sightings, schizophrenia, loss of apetite, death and sudden resurrection, sudden immolation ...etc, but these are quite rare, now let's go!".

Description: Average human male.

Inventory: 4.88/20kg
_6 nails (0.03kg)
_a medikit (1kg)

_PP-42 (30/30) (1.25kg)
_SDR-27 (5/5) (1.75kg)
_military knife (0.5kg)

_PS-22-S (100%) (0.35kg)

Abilities (2):
Medical Knowledge : +1/-1 on medical related things.
Close Combat : +1/-1 on any type of close combat.

Pseudorastafari: James Fisher : 4-1=3
You remain alert a few meters away from the door to make sure nobody is sneaking behind your friends' backs, but noone is, the corridor is just as empty as it was before, you hear IAMU asking for your help with the door and telling you it will only take about five minutes. You grab your plasma dagger and begin cutting the door with the help of IAMU, a second arm would have been useful to cut it faster but you still manage to do it. After a few minutes the door is open, Isaac quickly goes inside followed by IAMU, you follow them, the room is quite large and looks like a laboratory with several computers and a lot of scientific equipment. IAMU says: "Here are the ingections you need to be protected against the new environment we're about to discover, Charles could you please do it, Isaac doesn't need it since he's going to earth, I'm going to program the destination into the computer". You see him take some drug in a medical locker attached to the wall, then hear:"Ready, destination planet 1." Isaac who was standing before a strange cubic device in the center of the room dissapears, emitting a bright flash of light. Then Charles ingects you with the Immunity booster and IAMU says: "Ready, destination planet 1.", and when Charles finishes to inject himself with the solution it says:"Unwanted side effects may include but are not restricted to: madness, loss of conciousness, loss of hair, explosive farts, UFO sightings, schizophrenia, loss of apetite, death and sudden resurrection, sudden immolation ...etc, but these are quite rare, now let's go!".

Description: Tall burly dude

Inventory: 11.367/15kg
_a flask of HNO3 (0.75kg)
_an interface circuit (0.4kg)
_a box of nails(131) (0.655kg)
_26 electronic components (26*0.002)
_some cotton in a plastic box (0.3kg)

_a plasma dagger (0.5kg)
_PP-42 (30/30) (1.25kg), 1 extra UPP-72 (0.3kg)
_2 frag grenades (2*0.35kg)
_military knife (0.5kg)

_a hazmat suit (5.75kg)
_combat detector (0.2 kg)

Abilities (2)
Strong: +1/-1 to rolls involving strength-related tasks
Marksman: +1/-1 to rolls involving projectile weapons

Condition
_no right arm: -1 aiming with two handed weapons and any other task requiring this arm

IAMU-6452's inventory: 9.628/15kg
_64 electronic components (64*0.002kg)
_50 nails (50*0.005kg)
_18 small bits of metal (18*0.15kg)
_6 medium bits of metal (6*0.3kg)

_SDR-27 (5/5) (1.75kg)
_PP-42 (30/30) (1.25kg)
_2 frag grenades (2*0.35kg)
_1 UPP-72 (0.3kg)

_PS-22-S (100%) (0.35kg)
_2 combat detectors (2*0.2 kg)

Game Event:

IAMU teleports itself to planet 1 using the device, then returns a minute later, saying:"The planet fits the description and no immediatly dangerous animals, bacteria or viruses have been detected, we're good to go". You approach the device and are blinded by a bright flash of light, you feel sick for a moment and then the flash comes again. You now feel healthy again and feel some wind on your face, you hear som bird-like sounds and your sight begins to come back: you are on top of a small hill: in front of you there is a small lake down the hill, on your right a dense forest. A few kilometers away behind the lake there is an inactive volcano, the forest continues behind you and you see a device similar to the one in the laboratory, your friends are there and IAMU appears to have some problem as it's not moving. The device emmits a crackling noise and some sparks are coming out of it. The sun is high in the sky and you see satellite about twice the size of earth's moon not far from, you can't determine how it looks as the sun quickly blinds you.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:38 pm

"Oh. Did we break experiment 47?

Well, at least that didn't happen while we were teleporting.
IAMU, where do you recommend we go first? Besides that satellite, there aren't any signs of civilization."

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 pm

When I say satellite I mean a natural one, a moon, not some kind of giant übersputnik.

IAMU remains silent for a few minutes, then begins to speak:
"Independant automated maintenance unit 6452 activated...
I was deactivated by a powerful electromagnetic pulse, but I only suffered little damage, I detect an rapid power buildup in the device, I suggest we get away from it."

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Quickly move down the hill, towards the lake

"Time to go"

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Run away! Follow the crowd!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Nighthawk wrote:
Run away! Follow the crowd!

DO THAT

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next