View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next
 FG Lounge 

Post Re: FG Lounge
TorrentHKU wrote:
Ehh, I'm not sure about that, but one of the aliens that could morph absorbed a bunch of humans and morphed into an amalgam of them.
Also there's a 2 hour time limit; go past it and you're stuck forever.

'Twould be awesome to make a character in the books have a pet wolf or something... that is actually his best friend.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 pm

without reading past posts I'm going to assume you all are talking about animorphs.
if the other being the morpher turns into has less mass than the morpher (let's say, a fly for instance) the extra mass from the morpher is transferred through the andalites technology into some sort of holding space, usually located within the local planets atmosphere. This means it is susceptible to being damaged, lost, or destroyed if something runs into it. There is also the 2 hour time limit, but I'm pretty sure this is only for the human morphers actually.
DNA obviously plays an integral part of the technology;
one must come into contact with the being that they wish to morph into to absorb the necessary DNA
the DNA is stored in some capacity within the morpher, this can have negative side effects however, i.e. allergies
DNA can be spliced into a new being, but only if it is compatible DNA (i.e. no velocirhinos, or elephinos, or humanfoxes, etc.)
one is able to absorb the clothes they are wearing into the morph, but this works better with tight fitting clothing
some morphs are dangerous to the morpher. example: prehistoric morphs, no semblence of domestication within the DNA of dinosaurs, therefore this morph is extremely difficult to control

I don't think I missed anything...

also, I have no idea what FG means
EDIT: forum games... sometimes I over think things...

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Loose Canon

jakspica wrote:
without reading past posts I'm going to assume you all are talking about animorphs.
if the other being the morpher turns into has less mass than the morpher (let's say, a fly for instance) the extra mass from the morpher is transferred through the andalites technology into some sort of holding space, usually located within the local planets atmosphere. This means it is susceptible to being damaged, lost, or destroyed if something runs into it.
I think that was "Alien Magic Technology, don't question it."
jakspica wrote:
There is also the 2 hour time limit, but I'm pretty sure this is only for the human morphers actually.
Nope, it applies to everyone.
jakspica wrote:
DNA can be spliced into a new being, but only if it is compatible DNA (i.e. no velocirhinos, or elephinos, or humanfoxes, etc.)
I've never heard of this in the books, but then again I've missed a few.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
I think that was "Alien Magic Technology, don't question it."

*hangs head dejectedly* I definitely should let my imagination out of it's cage sometimes...

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:34 am
Profile YIM

Grrr... After reading page two, I suddenly realize why I didn't recognize half of the characters people used for profile pictures... I also found what seems to be a decent VN. In English. With severely depressing (if that makes sense) backstories for practically all the characters. I know nothing about animorphs or whatever, so I can't really contribute anything to that conversation. Sorry about that. Well, I was thinking of starting my own forum game, but I'm not sure what I should do for it... Any suggestions? I guess I can stick to the RtD format if I can't think of anything. Yes, I am aware that I am going off-topic in relation to the last three or so* posts. Yeah... I'm trying to make this one short, so ending here.

Edit: *Ten or so posts.

Edit 2: After playing the game for about ten minutes, I now realize why most of the characters have such depressing backstories.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Man, I feel like I missed a memo or three. When did the whole RtD craze get started, and/or who actually 'formalized' it as a system and gave it that name? It occurs to me I've run across (both as a GM and player) something vaguely similar a few times in the distant past, though seperate of the RtD tags and not run quite the same way.

Also, thinking about starting up something military and futuristic-y. Any takers?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:43 pm
Profile YIM
Loose Canon

Dunno what originally started it, but I brought it to DRL, then Ragdollmaster made another, and then some more games got made, and eventually TLB said "Okay this is getting silly, here have a subforum." I got the rules from Mouse of the Picture Wars forum.
Bay12 has a huge RtD section as well, so maybe they would know.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Have some good birthday sex, non.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

...and booze too. Need booze on your barfday.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 am

This is REALLY off topic, but I just noticed that if you made an acronym for "Off-Topic Lounge," it becomes OTL... Wow. It kinda fits, too.

Edit: Since this is also off topic, I'll just put this here... Okay. I... Will... Attempt... To start a thread that is actually worth looking at. In this forum. I already made a serious thread somewhere else, so... Good luck, myself.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 pm
Loose Canon

OTL?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

One true love, maybe?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:21 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Orange tentacle lye.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Orang-outangs, total liars.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Oracular Teenage Linguists?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:45 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next