View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 FG Lounge 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: FG Lounge
i remember seeing a 4chan thread where a guy rolled an anal circumference of over 4 miles

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:25 pm
Profile WWW

welcome to FATAL
now solve a degree three polynomial to obtain the tensile strength of your character's pubic hair (in kilopascals)

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
welcome to FATAL
now solve a degree three polynomial to obtain the tensile strength of your character's pubic hair (in kilopascals)

Not that hard, depends on whether or not you can be bothered with applying it.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't know, I've never run a character without knowing that vital information before.

Thu May 01, 2014 2:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Has a "serious" Cortex Command game tried to be played in the forums games? Like, a picture war or RtD?

Tue May 13, 2014 2:57 am

Asklar wrote:
Has a "serious" Cortex Command game tried to be played in the forums games? Like, a picture war or RtD?

Yeah, i'll use my dummy fortress world to out produce you in the field of troops, vehicles and weapons while defending itself with a powerful set of defense turrets that ironically i'm hoping to get made as a mod..

i kinda wish cortex command was online and wasn't setup like a matchmaking system but like eve online every player in a single world and having to fight battles against each other for patches of land on planets and the tradestar being neutral ground or something like that.. meaning that basically a single player could take over a world and over night have it taken away from him.

Tue May 13, 2014 3:04 am
Loose Canon

Asklar wrote:

Once or twice methinks, though not very effectively. There were a couple RtDs, but I don't think they lasted long. No PW for it though.
That might work pretty well, actually.

Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You know, a PW would be actually very cool, since you don't need drawing skills, just go to CC and take a picture of some guys and tradestar's dropship/rocket/dropcrate.

Maybe even adding some dice rolls and using multiple maps to play a meta game.

Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 am

Asklar wrote:
You know, a PW would be actually very cool, since you don't need drawing skills, just go to CC and take a picture of some guys and tradestar's dropship/rocket/dropcrate.

Maybe even adding some dice rolls and using multiple maps to play a meta game.

i don't know i'd rather be able to use mods also..

Tue May 13, 2014 4:33 am

I didn't want to make clutter with a new thread, but for the sake of... well... because I wanted to, I thought I'd drop by here one more time to say goodbye.

It's actually kind of painful for me to write this. I was on this forum wayyy back in the day, before I even started doing forums, back when I was too stupid to know to lurk for a while and not behave like an idiot and all that. I don't even know how I ended up at DRLFF, honestly. I didn't have Cortex Command when I first joined, but that game ended up having very little to do with why I stuck around.

I stuck around because I liked the people here. I liked the little Forum Games community, and I liked the ridiculous creative things we did. Hell, I was enthralled by it. I never got tired of watching the DMs throw curveballs at players, or make hilarious things happen for the sake of nothing more than good old fashioned fun. I got off my computer and went and talked to my friends IRL about the things that went on in Datarealms' Forum Games section. And they thought I was kind of crazy, getting so excited over text-based forum games.

But it doesn't matter what others think, or thought. Being here was fun, and leaving is sad. Too sad. I wish we all didn't have to become so preoccupied with our lives. I wish we never had to move on. Still, it happens. It's a part of growing up, I guess.

But damn, I couldn't have picked a better online community to grow up in.

I hope at least a few of you old vets get to see this message. I know it's sappy as all hell, but what the heck - I'm putting my actual feelings out there, and ain't that what it's all about? Isn't that what we did every time we came here, and made a game, or updated one, or posted a move? We put ourselves into it... or at least I'd like to think that.

You guys were great, and I'm going to miss this place more than you know.

Goddamn it, I'm actually tearing up right now.

Goodbye, and, of course, good luck, to all of you. May your rolls be ever high.

- Nighthawk

EDIT - This is not my final goodbye, because I'm weak-willed and can't leave just like that.

Last edited by Nighthawk on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:30 pm

I was planning on finishing up Infidi. I really was. :(

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

As I had posted in the Lounge, I am leaving DRLFF. Please remove me from all forum games and forum game waiting lists, I won't be making any actions.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Well now I'm depressed.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm
Profile WWW

DRLFF Forum Games ;_;

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Before you say anything, yes, I am posting again. It's not like people fall off the face of the earth after making a post with the appearance of finality. I'm still alive.

I do intend to... leave, as little as that word applies when nothing separates me from this forum other than entering a url into my browser. I just didn't want to leave anything, well... unresolved, for lack of a better word. Yoman stuck around long enough to "like" everyone's posts, so I guess this is me doing something similar.

CaveCricket48 wrote:
I was planning on finishing up Infidi. I really was. :(
TorrentHKU wrote:
Well now I'm depressed.

Cave, I would have loved to see Infidi to completion. I was so invested in that game, in my character, you don't even know. I WAS Kyros Deiimor.

And Torrent, I'm sorry to be the cause of anyone's depression, but... well... the fact is, I've also been feeling depressed about the state of things. I got really attached to this place over the years, but as time has gone on, it's become less and less active. I kept coming back, kept hoping that the forum would pick up again, but in the end I realized that all good things must come to an end.

It was a hard pill to swallow. For the past few months I was just staying away. It was almost like a close family member of mine had gotten a terminal illness or something, and I was trying to avoid seeing them in the hopes that I would be able to forget about it all. Futile, I know, but that's what I was doing.

What I'm doing now... it's nothing to do with politeness, or any sort of valiant effort on my part. If anything, it's cowardice; I don't want to stick around to see this place die, because I know that would hurt even more than leaving does.

... Even now, I'm torn. I want to let go, but at the same time I want to stay...
I never was very good at making up my mind.

To satisfy my conflicting desires, I'll make a sort of compromise, I guess:

I can't stay on the forum, but I don't want to act like I'll never hear from any of you ever again... even if I won't, a part of me would like to pretend that there's the possibility of us running into each other.

So here's my email - my good email, not some spamcan: TEAdamiak@gmail.com

If you want to send me a message for any reason, shoot it there. I'll be more than happy to talk to anyone from this community concerning just about anything. Nobody needs to feel obligated to do it, though; if you don't, I'll just take it as a sign that you guys want to move on, too. But it's there.

... Damn, this is hard.

... If anyone else has something to say on the forums, speak soon. Once I delete the bookmark from my browser, I must solemnly swear never to return.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next