View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 FG Lounge 

Post Re: FG Lounge
I guess I'll finish Infidi via story write ups rather than rolls.

Nighthawk: I don't really understand the whole-leave-and-never-come-back thing, but if that's how you roll, well, good luck then.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Sometimes you dont get to leave things finished.
and remember there is always the IRC, people here seem to hold you in high regard so you might get talked to there.

Then you find out you not only burnt yourself but other people and vow never to return or run another forum game ever again.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 am

I need more players for Ad Infidium.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:42 pm

guys please for the love of god joinerino Ad Infidium

an RTD with a basic amount of commitment from its players is some of the best, cheapest and least illegal fun you can have in this world

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:47 am

Areku seems to be dropping out of Ad Infidium, so we have a slot open.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:04 am

So, I'm in college now and with an abundance of free time. Instead of mercing pedestrians in GTA V, I figured maybe doing an RtD would be more productive and keep me writing. Any tips you could give me, RtD GMs of times gone by?

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:25 am

Please don't let yourself get tied up in individual rolls - I made that horrible mistake in multiple projects. Regularity of posting keeps things active and vital.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:42 pm
Loose Canon

So I'm thinking of starting an RTD up again. Much in the same vein as Ad Infidium, it'll be a reboot of Tiny Gods, except actually with some planning and not 8 different freaking plotlines to write for. Anyone interested?

Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:38 am
Profile WWW

Sure, count me in.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:40 am

I would love to play.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Location: Somewhere in the solar system. (I'm not telling you where)
I'm really interested.
Though you should note 2 things:
1) that this will be the first RTD I will be participating in.
2) I am going to have important tests occuring during v.17-v.23 so if I don't respond in time you can do whatever you wish to my character that roll.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:43 pm

It took 100 rolls to set up the intro of my RtD in a natural-feeling way.

I'm wondering if I'm going a bit slow.

Sat May 02, 2015 6:30 am
Loose Canon

Nah, it's a good speed. Old Infidi was too breakneck.

Sat May 02, 2015 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Alright, you might laugh at me considering my horrible track record with these things, but I'm considering a new RtD. There are a lot of faults with strategy RtDs, so I'm ruling those out for the time being till I find a better method of dealing with them and keeping track of all the numbers - which is probably going to require me to bootleg acquire Microsoft Excel - and restart on a fresh foundation.

So, this leaves me with a few ideas.

A) An experiment in narrative storytelling. In this RtD, the players are the characters of a story being told to a young child, telling of fantastical events - here's an example of what it would look like in the spoiler below.

This would be extremely easy to maintain and be a very interesting experiment in storytelling, too :D

2. A partial reboot of RtD Fantasy. After reevaluating the story, I think rebooting from the current position is a bad idea, and that a better method of rebooting the story is to actually go back to the original plan that was seen up to the area I rolled back - if so, I could easily kick the story back off and create an entire new plotline on the fly.

III - a total reboot of RtD Fantasy. In this case, I'll keep the story I have planned and just try and roll again from the very start. This is harder to do than the alternative, but once I've gotten the ball rolling on the plot again it should get easier and stay making sense...however, I think option 2 is more likely, since I can make the plot work better and adjust quite a few things to keep the setting fresh and hammer out the faults of Fantasy...but I could possibly do the same to the original fantasy plot to remove all of its most glaring faults.

Four : Fire up the engines on RtD space. This will require a ton of time to finalize the equipment mechanics and all that jazz, but the result would be a seven player space RtD where the players are the officers of a starship, at first controlling only one crew member but later expanding up to control an entire department as the players earn new vessels and equipment by progressing along the campaign. In this story, there are three storylines based on the faction the players pick, listed below. Some things are still being adjusted, but the overall plot is set and just needs fleshing out.

The United Earth Coalition campaign puts the players in the service of the homeworld as members of the Coalition Fleet, a ragtag navy comprised of the space fleets of all the major Earth nations integrated into one centralized command in response to the surprise attack on Earth by the Mars Federation after they declared independence - whilst Earth has more industrial capacity and greater shipbuilding potential thanks to its substantial population, no any one nation can match the colonies combined - and the forces of the newly formed Earth Coalition are readying themselves to take back the colonies, starting with the rebel states on Luna that had followed their Martian brothers in seceding from their mother nations. This campaign will feature a wide variety of missions both in space and on ground, plenty of combat and political intriguing to determine the future of the United Earth government, and the players will start in a lowly frigate equipped with old weapons and equipment, ready to be given their first assignment and eager for vengeance for friends and family killed in the unprovoked attack on Earth...

The Mars Federation campaign has the players fighting for independence from the tyranny of Earth, newly enlisted into the Colonial Navy and manning a new generation of warship designed and equipped by the scientists of the Phobos Academy, the finest minds in the solar system and loyal to the dream of independence and self determination. Following a series of suicide strikes with multi-megaton bombs on the Canaveral Shipyards, Baikonur Cosmodrome and the EuroStar Slipways to cripple the Terran fleets in drydock, the rebels have the initiative...but the Coalition is bloodied, not broken, and the Martians and their allies will have quite a fight in store if they are to truly be free from Earth. This campaign is more freeform, as Olympus Command favors a looser control of its independent captains, preferring to give them directives to achieve rather than proper orders - these can range from commerce raiding, installation assaults, minelaying and scientific missions involving strange relics from the depths of Mars...

The Corporate Campaign is about life past the asteroid belt, where the laws of Mars or Earth are a long way away, a place where daring captains and their crews can earn both fame and fortune as independent mercenaries and security agents..and who knows what things might lurk at the dark and cold edges of the solar system, unknown by the eyes of civilization?

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:24 am
Profile WWW

I would be honored to participate in any of these.

Tell me, does your first idea involve conventional RTD stylings like stats, abilities and an inventory, or is it a more free form kind of roleplay?

I would offer that it may be best to start afresh if you end up rebooting Fantasy, as that gives people the opportunity to build new characters. That really helps with engagement and provides something to seriously look forward to in their development.

Space RTD sounds incredible, like something I could only dream of running - but as with all these projects, it needs to remain achievable and it may gain unwanted complexity if it encroaches on strategy elements. It also requires you to write for more than the standard number of players.

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next