View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Cortext Command 2! [Witty title here] 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Cortext Command 2! [Witty title here]
In the beginning, there was this.
And then it got out of hand and L4D Fanatic told me to make a new thread. So yeah.

This is basically a collab-text adventure, but on Midas! You play as any faction you like, even ones you've made up yourself, like the Schlibsnorps for example. (Dumb name, I know.)
You can work with or against each other, but this will have to be managed between the two leaders of the factions.

Rules wrote:
I kind of copy pasted this from the main thread and edited it a bit.
RULES! READ THIS:

1. Each team/player will use only 1 faction, this is determined at the beginning of a match.

2. All matches are started and ended in this topic, and only one match at a time.

3. Each player will get a personal actor, they will need to control this actor throughout the game.

4. There are secondary actors. These actors are only controlled by a player on the same team when it is needed. In other words, a secondary actor is controlled only when attacked or needs to defend from invaders and such.

5. If a player attempts to kill a primary actor, be it with a secondary or a primary actor, he/she must consult with said player, so if bob were to try to kill max, then bob and max must figure out what would happen, miss, injure, destroy weapon, etc.

6. If a primary actor is killed then the player associated must control secondary actors, or another primary actor if the player for that actor quits.

7. Any problems with killing of actors please ask me for help, no fighting, we don't want to fight every 5 seconds. Primary actors are like primary characters, they don't die easily. (Google plot armor)

8. To join in the game, you must use a template similar to this.

Name: Dan (Use the name of your primary character)

Faction: Ronin
Class: Heavy weaponry
Inventory: FNFAL, P228
Additional Info: (Backstory, relevance in faction, other good stuff)

(When specifying inventory, use weapons from the faction and keep to the specialty. If the faction is missing something like a primary, rifle or SMG, secondary, pistol or something similar, or grenade, then use something from Tradestar, the weapons on the top!

I will moderate deaths and such.

I wrote:
Name: Stanfield Mactanich
Faction: Rifgteig Armory
Class: Sniper
Inventory: AER-S "Skullsmasher" (sniper), F2X-SUB "Peppersnap" (Heavy pistol)

I will be playing as well, so there's that. Begin entering your applications. (That's my app^)

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Cortext Command 2! [Witty title here]
Name: Boss

Faction: The Grand Army of the Republic, Republic Commando (Delta Squadron)
Class: Commander and Weapons Master
Inventory: DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System, Jetpack, Bacta processing implant, Katarn-class commando armor, Electro magnetic pulse grenade (3), Flash-bang grenade (3), Proximity mine (3),Sonic detonator (3)

i know this seems like a lot of weaponry but I actually have only one weapon and 12 explosives and the rest o my items are equipped on me. Bacta processing implant heals me quickly and the interchangeable weapon system is a 3 in 1 pistol you can search for it online and find out what it does

Additional Info: Commander of Delta Squad. Famous for the excellent performance in The Battle of Geonosis and the assassination of Geonosian Archduke Poggle the Lesser's chief lieutenant, Sun Fac. There are also many other notable facts about myself but will be left out for brevity.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Huh, maybe you should cut down on the explosives. 1 of each, excluding flashbangs (2), would be OK. Are you OK with that?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:39 am
Profile WWW

sure thats fine but lets hope more ppl come but i would actually perfer to have more sonic bombs than flashs since i like the stun and damage effect of them although flash is more stun then sound.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 am

Name: Defender 11013455

Faction: The Triclon Empire
Class: Armored Infantry
Inventory: Triclon rail carbine, Triclon energy pistol, 2 anti infantry grenades, 1 light turret deployer, Defender armor.

Additional Info:

The armor itself is equipped with several devices:

Resupply teleporter: Can teleport grenades and ammunition from the base, it can only recieve.
Biomechanical regenerator: Slowly heals the soldier and repairs the armor when enough power is available. Can be used as life support system if in critical condition, but this consumes too much power for other systems to work.
Shockwave generator: Creates a powerful short ranged shockwave in front of the armor, very useful in CQC, can also be used to send back/detonate in mid air grenades. Since this consumes a lot of power it prevents the regenerator from working for a few minutes.
Light jetpack: Only powerful enough to allow short jumps since the armor is very heavy.

The armor is thicker on the front side than on the rear.

As the armor is fully enclosed it protects from toxic environments(filters out dangerous substances, can be equipped with oxygen bottles if needed).
More info on the defender and his equipment here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=21236

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Hey Miggles count me in
heres my app

Name:Aleck Miller
Class: Mercenary
Faction: Darkstar Corp (mercenary run faction)
Inventory:
black beam saber
Flack pistol
Flack pistol ammo converter (converts whatever junk into flack ammo)
Radio
Medium armor
Healing packs
able to make pretty long flights with the jetpack but it has safety features (as in not going too fast to pull out of crashing into a wall)
Faction relevance:
He commands Multiple divisions of the military part of Darkstar Corp Collectively called X armory, You could pretty much call him a general I guess, although he is pretty young to be a general (early twenties)

here is a picture of him in lego: Image
IMAG0023 by nic433, on Flickr
he also wears a silver helmet which automatically filters the air he breathes and provides protection against ranged and melee weapons

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Locking this one 'cos you began another one.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:20 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]