View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Erased (a CYOA-like RTD) 

Post Re: Erased (a CYOA-like RTD)
Climb down below, and ask about The Cyclist with a sense of incredulity.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 pm

THISISABARCODE
You take hold of the first rung and go down about two metres / seven feet with Mary right behind you. An old bunker-style grilled light shines blue along the walls of a short hallway. A thick, fancy wooden door looks out-of-place at the end.

"Who's the Cyclist?" You ask Mary.
"Let's just say he's the big bad guy that we're trying to stop."
"Stop doing what?"
"Just ... this'll all get explained in a moment. Go through that door."

You walk up to the door and go to take the handle, and a ghost-like hand continues the motion from your hand. You leap back in shock and watch as an apparition of you opens the door and walks through. The ghost-door closes silently.

"What did you see, Alex?" Mary inquires.
You look at her sideways, unsure.
"I saw ... me ... opening the door ..."
Mary nods.
"Oh good, it looks like you're better than I thought. Go through now."
You frown and open the door. It's heavy but swings smoothly and makes a nice thump when it closes.

The room Alex and Mary are now in resembles an old mansion's lounge room with big cushy red chairs and a large fireplace. A photoframe stands on a small table next to one chair and more along the mantlepiece, even a few figurines. There's the shape of the top of someone's head above the closest chair and a hand decorated with many rings and bracelets strokes a tabby cat on the armrest.

"Come here, child. Sit."

It sounds like someone's grandma. Mary gives you a smile and gestures to 'go ahead'.
So?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:03 am

Hello... can you please tell me whats going on?

listen to granny

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 am

http://logonengine.com/Yoman/console.html

Shh.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Whats this for?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:04 pm

It's progress is what it is. Preparation for something great and a learning experience for me.

Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:32 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It's cool and quite ominous, but some of the commands don't work. (Time, find, open)

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 am
Profile WWW

quite cool, (I just figured out how to use it :oops: )

I assume you meant for all of the programs to be access denied?

anyways very very cool :)

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:49 am

Yeah, most things are denied but there is some info in there to be gathered now. Also a new chapter is on its way :grin:

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:25 pm

THISISABARCODE
You walk past the back of the sofa-like chair and stand next to the other armrest, in-between the empty chair and 'Granny's' chair.
"Um, could you tell me what's going on? I have no idea who you people are or what is happening to me."

The lady, who is wearing a large hood, ducks her head down and pulls it back to reveal dark blonde curly hair to her shoulders, framing a lightly make-up'd plump-cheeked kind face, bright eyes and thin smiling lips. A pair of tiny-lens reading glasses sits on the end of her nose, which she removes and lets fall to her bosom on a thin silver chain. She folds her hands in her lap, looks at you and smiles warmly.

"I am the Seamstress of the Seers, the leader of a band of misfits aiming is to stop the Cyclist from completing another cycle in this world. You, I believe, are what we call a Patcher - someone who can see and manipulate elements of the physical world that we call Threads. You have been seeing strange things before now, yes?"

You nod and Mary speaks up:
"He saw a self-image just before we entered, Seamstress."

"Oh good. Indeed, it seems you are progressing well already. Well in that case we can skip the first test and go straight to Generation."

The Seamstress stands - she is shorter and has a much fuller build than you but is not overweight. Just well-fed. She smoothes her ankle-length skirt and touches the Tabby on the nose twice. The cat hops off the chair and pads quickly into an adjacent room and out of sight.

"Please, hold this." The Seamstress gives you a bird figurine that you can hold in your palm. The detail of it is exquisite, almost lifelike. The Seamstress then raises her chin, closes her eyes and holds her arms out and up. A quiet roaring sound begins to come from the room, like the sound from a conch shell. The sound gets louder and louder and - all of a sudden - you blink and the room changes completely. It is silent.

You are now in a huge theatre, one where you could hold a play on the stage and the seats go up about two stories. The entire room is white and shades of light grey. Light seems to come from everywhere and nowhere all at once.

"Go on, Alexander. Ask me how I did that." Says the Seamstress with a proud smile. She looks a few years younger and is wearing different clothes too.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 pm

"Alright how did you do that, and where are we?"

Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm

THISISABARCODE
You look around frantically for a few seconds, confused and afraid, but realise that this place isn't going to hurt you. Relax.

"Okay, how did you do that?" You ask.

"I'm glad you asked, Alex," she grins.
"In the world you thought you knew, there are people like yourself who see things just like you do. We, the Seers, call these people Patchers. The main skill a Patcher has over normal civilians is the ability to see and use Threads."

You hold a hand up.
"Wait, so I'm not going crazy or anything seeing these, uh, Threads?"

The Seamstress smiles and gently shakes her head.
"No, of course not. In fact it is exactly the opposite: you are becoming more aware of the world. Here, let's try something. See that bird I gave you?"

You hold the little figure in your hand up for her to see.
"Yes. Now just imagine that it is a real bird sitting in your hand. Watch it carefully."

You imagine. The figure doesn't move.
"Uhm, nothing's -"

The bird suddenly takes flight with a chirp. You jump in surprise and step back. The Seamstress smiles.
"Good! Well done, Alex. It seems to me that your Hand is Imprint."
"My what?"
"Your Hand is the method of how you manipulate Threads. Your Hand, Imprinting, involves believing the concept that you want to Thread and then, I suppose, giving that concept to the object you are Threading with."
"W-wait, so I did that? With the bird?"
"Yes Alex."

You are stunned. You just turned a statuette bird into a real one by believing it.
"Though it may be a little easier for Threading to work in a Patchwork. Let us leave."

The Seamstress makes a gathering motion above her head and then a throwing motion to either side with both hands. The theatre seems to flex and then abruptly switches back to the loungeroom.

"Any questions?" She asks. She's back to her older self.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 am

Um... Thank you this is SOOO cool, you said something about patchworks?, and how do you seem younger?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:04 am

THISISABARCODE

"Yeah, two. What did you mean by Patchworks?"

"A Patchwork is a temporary surrounding made by manipulating Seams, but only the most experienced are able to do it. Think of a hallucination for multiple people and without the mental health issues, of course." She laughs a little.

"Uh, alright, and why did you look different?"

"Oh, that's part of being able to make Patchworks; you can change the appearance of everything within it."

The tabby cat from earlier meows and runs over to the Seamstress. She picks it up and holds it in her arms.

"Oh dear. Alex, come with me. We have to leave."

She walks into the other room and stands next to a bricked-up window. Waving one hand over it from top-to-bottom it shimmers and morphs into a door with a brick pattern. There is a muffled sound of fighting coming from above - from the shop upstairs.

"Quickly now. Mary will be here in a moment."
You open the door and go through to a sunken stone staircase leading to the street above. The Seamstress lets the cat go behind you and half-closes the door.
"Follow Icarus, Alex. He'll show you where to go."

She closes the door. You turn and go up the steps, following Icarus the cat to the top, then look back down. The door has disappeared to be replaced by old red bricks of the building.

You're in the middle of a street not that far from your apartment. Icarus meows and looks at you expectantly.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 am

Try to see what is going on in the shop

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:09 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next