View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Erased (a CYOA-like RTD) 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Erased (a CYOA-like RTD)
>Try calling the number again. If that doesn't work, go to the bank and try to find out what the ♥♥♥♥'s going on.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:32 pm

To the ATM!

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:37 pm

THISISABARCODE

You dial the number of your Bank again, but there is still no dial tone. As a last resort you dial your Roommate Matt's number but, of course, no tone. You sit the phone back in its cradle, grab your keys and leave the apartment. You go to the elevator without really thinking and call it - and the doors open. Then you realise that the elevator didn't work before...

You walk into the elevator and press 'G' for ground floor and wait, then go outside, down the driveway and go along the footpath until you get to the corner. It's about five-thirty in the afternoon by this point.

The ATM is situated directly on the corner of this building, sunken in so that the angled sides of it sit flush with the outside walls. It also happens to be an ATM for your bank, which means no charges for you. You slide your Debit card in and out of the scanner to begin the transaction.

The ATM says 'Please wait...' before displaying an error screen with phone numbers and stuff on it. Apparently, your Debit card can't connect to your account. You figured that would happen.

So you turn away from the ATM and open your wallet to put the Debit card back, and notice your Credit card. You think about it for a moment. Credit cards don't really attach to your account except for the fees and interest and stuff, so it might work. You slide the Credit card in and out and the machine says 'Please wait' again, then asks for the PIN associated with the card.

You can't help but grin.

You go through the prompts and take out $500 in five notes at a super-high interest rate, but you don't care because apparently you don't exist. As you turn away you see a woman in leather on a motorcycle sitting across the road. You can see her eyes in the side mirror for a moment before she pulls away.

A police officer steps up beside you.
"Pardon me, sir, could you tell me if you possess any narcotics or illegal substances on your person?"

Oh god.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:58 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Okay, stay calm. Stay very, very calm.
"No, sir, I do not possess any drugs or illegal substances."

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:44 am

^

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:46 am

THISISABARCODE

"I, uh ... no. No, I don't have any drugs on me."

"Can I see your wallet please?" Without any hesitation. ♥♥♥♥.

"Um. Sure."

You hand it over. The cop looks at the $500 in it and hands it back.

"You're coming with me. This is not an arrest, I am just concerned for your well-being. This is a tough neighborhood."

"But ... I live here!" You point at the building behind you.

"No you don't. That's the second reason why you're coming with me."

You hold out your wallet like it matters.
"My ID has my address-"
"Your ID is fake."

What.

"Now get in the car before I handcuff you."

You do so. You're a bit distracted with the recent developments and drop your wallet on the floor as you get into the back seat. A couple of notes flutter out from the blasting air-con in the car just as the door closes. There is no handle on the inside. You pick up the wallet and look back at the curb as the police car pulls away.

That lady in the leather jacket is picking up the notes. Checking your wallet, you find only $300.

The trip to the police station is a long one and the jail cell you're in smells of cigarettes and urine.

Oh noes. What now?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Wait for the cop to come back, try to explain it to him again, ask for your one call

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Don't bother trying to explain this nonsense; better yet, ask HIM to explain what the ♥♥♥♥'s going on.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:42 am

^^^^^ Should also ask for your call though

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:01 am

THISISABARCODE

You pace back and forth in the tidy but smelly room.

What is happening? Why is this happening to me? What does it mean? Am I going crazy? I'm talking to myself. I must be going crazy.

The door rattles and opens, surprisingly. The cop comes in first and - hot on his heels - the woman in leather.

"You'd better say thank you to your Auntie, boy. She just paid your bail."

You stall.

"Uh, thanks Auntie. Sorry."
"You will be when we get you back home to your mother, Aaron Dudson. You will be. We are going. Now."

You bow your head to hide the grin on your face. The cop eyes your 'Auntie' as she walks out of the room.

Outside, you look for a car. There isn't one. 'Auntie' pats your head as she passes you - you push her hand away awkwardly - and she sits on her motorcycle and beckons.

"Come on, Alex. I won't bite."

You glance to either side and even inside the cop station before getting on the back of the bike.

"My name's Mary. Now hold onto me."

What.

Mary grabs your hands and puts them around her waist, jerking your head onto her shoulder.

The bike revs and takes off - you almost go flying off the back - and you hold on for dear life.

Mary laughs.

They drive for awhile and eventually get to a Fortune Teller's shop in the older districts. Mary stops the bike and you both get off. You look inside, skeptical and unsure. Mary opens and holds the door for you.

"Welcome to the clubhouse." She says.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Why does this remind me of Matrix?

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:53 pm

"Not that im not grateful for bailing me out but what the Hell is going on? Who are you? and where are we?"
Look around the room

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:16 pm
Loose Canon

Does anyone else think Mary looks like Bayonetta?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 am
Profile WWW

I specifically didn't describe Mary in detail because I wanted to see what others made up of her appearance. And it worked.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm

THISISABARCODE
You turn back to face Mary.
"Alright, would you tell me what's going on? I have no friggin' clue who you are or why this is happening."

She smiles and pushes you through the doorway before responding; her thick heels drum on the wooden floorboards as she walks.

"Well since you asked so nicely... I am a Seer - part of a group of people who are fighting to turn this world back into what it used to be. Everything you know is controlled by one man, The Cyclist. He chooses what happens to you, your family, everyone and everything you know. Except me, of course."

She leads you to the back of the shop, through a thick curtain and into that stereotypical round room where the Fortune Teller would sit to peer into her crystal ball. Once inside, the curtain falls back and blends into the surrounding curtains around the walls. Mary goes to the round table and leans on it to lift her foot up. She twists the heel on her stilettos and pulls it off, revealing a key. She inserts the key between two floorboards and lifts up a hidden trap door. A ladder flips down with a rubberised thump.

"Age before beauty, darl'." She mocks, flicking a lock of black hair with a swipe of a finger.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next