View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 RTD: Serious Theology 

Post Re: RTD: Serious Theology
So do you think this'll start up again soon?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:09 am

yes

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 am

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 am

Looks like I'm not gonna have to suck your dilly.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:20 am

this is an official announcement, so sound the trumpets

I had some major creative rust while starting this roll, but I believe I've burned through it. So the roll is in progress. Regular operations are resuming, despite my critical laziness.

I'll try to get it done tomorrow, but I've got a district-level academic competition in the evening, so don't hold your breath and suffocate.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 am

TheKebbit wrote:
this is an official announcement, so sound the trumpets

I had some major creative rust while starting this roll, but I believe I've burned through it. So the roll is in progress. Regular operations are resuming, despite my critical laziness.

I'll try to get it done tomorrow, but I've got a district-level academic competition in the evening, so don't hold your breath and suffocate.

*Gurgle*

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:04 am

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS MAKE A STORY WITH GODS IN IT

NOOOOOOOO

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS MAKE A STORY WITH GODS IN IT

NOOOOOOOO

He's dead Jim.

Roll out the next from the waiting list. For this is the world in which we live. We may lose some on our march to victory, but in the end, we shall prevail.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile WWW

Think we'll get a roll tonight?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:52 am

I won, and now it's gone regional.

And sadly, no. I just got home and I still have work to finish.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 am

TheKebbit wrote:

You know what that deserves?

I've got to stop posting so many ponies...

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:03 am

Izen wrote:
TheKebbit wrote:

You know what that deserves?

I've got to stop posting so many ponies...

Indeed. I've noticed they're multiplying. ALL OVER THE INTERNETS.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:29 am

just need to finish nicolas' action and then the roll will finally be here

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 am

Nighthawk, 5. > Find out what happens when I focus all of the Force Amplifier spell's power into just one arm....

You utter the words of the Force Amplifier, making a motion to focus the energy distorting the air around your limbs. It flows into your right arm and freezes, locking the arm with it. You grimace and make another mental push, which just gives you a small nosebleed. The air around you turns vaguely greasy, and tastes like hot tin.

The words of the Warp-Shock come to you. A barrier in your mind is smashed to dust and swept away.

The black pebbles of the Maw rise into the air, forming strange patterns around you. You can feel their every movement in your bones.

You have gained the powerful ability Force of Mind. You can now exert precise kinetic control over objects, allowing you to do anything from performing careful manipulations to making impromptu ballistic projectiles. However, the total mass you can shift is still limited.

Name: Reynard Heinson
Equipment: Arcane Bulwark, Rune-Knife, "Most Holy is His Wrath".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Force of Mind: loltelekinesis. Few large objects or more smaller ones.
Force-Amplifier: improves physical actions.
Active Abilities:
Warp-Shock: powerful kinetic spell.
Conditions:

Izen, 4. >Ignore Ociamarru DAMIEN (that's what he gets for worshipping that horrible lord Impar). Check surroundings for anything large, scary, or otherwise evil-looking.

You take a quick sweep of the nearby area, making a futile attempt to block out Damien's raving.

You're on a bleak outcropping of dead rock, and there's nothing particularly interesting or dangerous next to you. But then you zoom in a bit further ahead and see the fortress.

Rusted gears, labyrinthine steam pipes, melted defensive artillery... and a couple of standing armored suits with the remnants of entrails hanging out of them. A former Machinae bastion.

The gate is crowned with an elaborate inscription that has been damaged to illegibility. Below it is scratched "REMEMBER OUR SACRIFICE".

Name: Agrath
Equipment: Mark 5 Steelwarden Suit (IR+Targeting), Popper LMG (80/80), "Strength Through the Iron".
Inventory (1/10): Activation Ritual
Passive Abilities:
Hammer-Novice: maintain gear, forge basic stuff + ammo.
Cog-Devout: temporary gear blessings.
Active Abilities:
Iron Blight: weakens enemy equipment.
Conditions:

caekdaemon, 6. Try using some of the tubes to reinforce my armour.

Why, oh WHY did you ever think this would be a good idea? The deep claw scratches on your armor's chest plate were scored in pretty symmetrically, yes, and it just looked like the abomination core's tubules could somehow attach, but why?

You gather up the crystal and its appendages and gingerly press the tubes to the marks on your armor. They sink in with a horrible not-quite metallic screech, dragging the main part of the core along with them. Something speaks in your mind.

"D̢̛̦̜̹̖̩͖̞̲̙͔̻̻̼͕ͨ͋ͤͣͫ̚̚I̷͚͇̘̘̭̩̣̳̙͗̒̿͆̃̔̏ͨ̑̈́͂̏͋̀̚Ẻ̴͎̣̺̥͖͎͖͋͑̕͟͡ͅ"

Your armor tears open several bloody mouths lined with fangs and begins screaming. Two tentacles burst from the neckpiece and attempt to strangle you.

If you survive this, you could unlock the Armor of Woe's deeper secrets...

Name: Bob Of the House Of Jones
Equipment: Reaver, Armor of Woe, "INCANTATIONS FOR THE WISE".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Divine Favor: positive effects upon prayer.
Active Abilities:
Conditions:.

Asklar, 3. >Quickly scan the new area for any place that may look inhabited by humanoids.

You optimistically look around for signs of humanoid inhabitation, and only see the gateway to the ancient keep you discovered earlier. Although, perhaps that would count as former inhabitation.

There's no one living in the Maw, that's for sure. No backup, no support, nothing friendly for seven planes of nightmare realm.

Agrath has been messing around with the magnifiers in his suit, though. Maybe he had better luck surveying the area.

Name: Charles Cross
Equipment: Promethean Dagger (4/4), Spymaster's Vestment, "Glory to the Perfect Human".
Inventory (3/10): Promethean Fang Blueprints, Bunch of Caltrops, Paralysis Poison
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Ociamarru, 1. First, examine my Warpknife under this strange perception. Then, try and read Beyond the Mind once more.

You shift your dull grey vision to the Warpknife, as if in a trance. A static drone fills the air AND YOU CAN SEE IT

OH GODS OH GODS
IT

SPLINTERING AND SLICING AND TWISTING IN YOUR MIND CUTTING AND CUTTING FOREVER IT HURTS AND YOU CAN'T SEE IT'S ALL EMPTY

You break down sobbing, unable even to tear your dead sight away from the knife, until at last everything goes quiet and nice again. Blackness.

Name: Damien Grimmhilde
Equipment: Warpknife (Four), Symbiotic Armor, "BEYOND THE MIND".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Stranger: demoralizes, less human.
Active Abilities:
Nightmare: coma, damage.
Conditions:
Catatonic: can only be awoken by intense physical stimuli.

nicolasx, 5. Take rest at top of cliff.

You slump down onto a slightly less jagged plate of rock, yawn, and finally get the rest you deserve.

Servants of Impar are lucid dreamers by necessity, so you float to a vague soft place in your head and settle down.

A few minutes of bliss, and you are back in action, ready to take the fight to the Corruptor.

Name: David Roffellon
Equipment: Entropic Katanas, Planewalker's Robe, "OUTSIDE".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Flash: short teleport. Can be used passively or actively.
Spatial Withdrawal: teleport to silver sands. Risky.
Conditions:
Refreshed: +1 to your next physical action roll.

EVENTS:
See Izen's action for his view of the nearby fortress.
Caek is having some armor difficulties.
Ocia's had a tough break, two stacking ones in a row. It's a good idea to help him regain consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~
You guys might want to read the ENTIRE rolls, instead of just your character and the events. Otherwise, you'll miss out on a lot of interesting exposition and details, because I can't exactly regurgitate plot to every character action.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:06 am

Also that way I won't be stuck in catatonia forever.

Explore the inner workings of my mind or some ♥♥♥♥. Might as well go deeper into the rabbit hole...

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next