View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 RTD: Serious Theology 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: RTD: Serious Theology

You might as well throw in a steam powered walker with that, and it might prove useful for killing golems/dragons.

Then again, the giant spider walker in that video is part of my inspiration for the VN Warrior featured in various RtDs.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:

You might as well throw in a steam powered walker with that, and it might prove useful for killing golems/dragons.

Then again, the giant spider walker in that video is part of my inspiration for the VN Warrior featured in various RtDs.

I figured it would be better to start out smaller, and pick up/ acquire stuff like that along the way.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Exactly. While lower-ranked divine champions are considerably more powerful than regular humans, they still have lots of room to grow.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
While lower-ranked divine champions are considerably more powerful than regular humans, they still have lots of room to grow.

Understood.

I shall begin working on concepts and ideas for my later character's strengths.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

You'll probably end up becoming some kind of cybernetic/genetically engineered/consciousness transferred to golem-type juggernaught.

In my original ideas for this (in videogame format) I envisioned players actually taking control of their respective god and wreaking havoc. However, that would be unsuitable for multiplayer.

EDIT: 1 more player let's do this

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
consciousness transferred to golem-type juggernaught

Sounds pretty darn awesome. I look forward to this RtD :grin:

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile WWW

I'm looking forward to running this thing. Hopefully the RTD will give me enough inspiration to actually put this down as a book.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Unless it's necessary for us to all start at the same time, I say we just get the ball rolling for now and when someone sees the rolls and goes, "Oh, this is pretty cool," you can just have 'em come across our group at some point.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Alright. I'll roll in a few hours.

EDIT: Rolling now.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:31 pm

OH NO A DOUBLE-POSTED ROLL

The sun rises on Jahn's Freehold, oldest and greatest and grubbiest of cities.
It is neutral territory in the endless games of the gods. Here, a thousand million people fight, scream, haggle, love, and die. The forges work around the clock, turning the sky the unhealthy shade of someone with blood poisoning.

Here, something else is also being forged. A very special pact. One might call it... the Divine Pact. The gods have made an alliance, for the first and possibly last time.

It was in response to a threat. Of course it would be. Only having their consciousness erased from time would put a dent in the squabbling.

Several champions are gathered here. They will serve as agents of the Pact. They are the will of heaven.

"Brothers, today we are called to order..."

~~~~~~~~~

Nighthawk: The Magus-Representative of Caecus Deum turns to you and smiles. Or, at least, he shows his teeth.

"I suppose you are entitled to draw from our great Library now ...such is the wisdom of Caecus, et cetera."

Several objects materialize. There is a small ring, surrounded by an arc of glowing force. It feels heftier than it should. There is an ornate runecarving knife, etched and stained from years of ciphering arcane symbols. And lastly, there is a battered spellbook, titled: "JEHORA JEHEYU: Most Holy is His Wrath". The symbols on the spine indicate information about kinetic force and destruction.

Name: Reynard Heinson
Equipment:
Inventory (3/10): Barrier Ring, Rune-Knife, "Most Holy is His Wrath".
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Izen: The Artificer-Representative of Deus Machina turns with a clanking and several bursts of steam. He's looking right at you and Charles.

"IN THE NAME OF MACHINA, I GRANT YOU THESE FORGE-BLESSINGS. USE THEM WITH HONOR, LITTLE ONES..."

Deafened by the rumbling, you almost don't even notice when he unceremoniously dumps some items in front of you. There is a suit of carbon-steel armor with pneumatic supports. You know this model; it was a fighting man's best friend in Jahn's War. There is a light machine-gonne, you also know the model. Nicknamed the "Popper", a very gentle term, it can reduce flesh to mere scraps of confetti. And lastly, there is a small prayer book/instructional manual, titled "AVE MACHINA: Strength Through the Iron"

Name: Agrath
Equipment:
Inventory (3/10): Mark 5 Steelwarden Suit, Popper LMG, "Strength Through the Iron".
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

caekdaemon: As a pantheon-worshipper, you are almost alone here. But there is another, a little man in a dusty robe. He turns and you can tell that he is not as harmless as he seems... fanaticism burns in his eyes.

"You." he says.

The man drops a case at your feet and vanishes into the mass of other delegates. You lose track of him in two seconds.

You crack open the case. Inside, is a collection of items. There is a worn two-handed greatsword. It is notched like a saw, and reeks of old blood. It bears the marks of Machina. There is a heavy suit of armor. It blurs slightly as you look at it. You find it hard to focus your eyes, but you manage to make out bizarre marks on the chestplate. You're no scholar, but that could be Impar's work. And lastly, there is a nondescript black book, titled "INCANTATIONS FOR THE WISE". It has Caecian marks for pious prayers and defensive magic.

Name: Bob Of the House Of Jones
Equipment:
Inventory (3/10): Reaver, Armor of Woe, "INCANTATIONS FOR THE WISE".
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Asklar: You walk over to the pile of gear that Agrath is hastily rifling through. Once he has taken his pick, you examine the remaining items.

There is a hefty dagger with a protruding mechanism welded to its handle. You tap one of the raised buttons on the mechanism and the dagger glows red-hot and begins to spark. You shut it off before it starts a fire. There is a suit of studded leather armor. It appears to have too many pockets for its size, and you realize that a gifted Techno-Magus must have imbued it with a spacial warping spell, like a Bag of Holding. This Bag of Holding, however, is filled to the brim with throwing knives, deadly poisons, and assorted mantraps. And lastly, there is a prayer book/instructional manual titled "AVE MACHINA: Glory to the Perfect Human".

Name: Charles Cross
Equipment:
Inventory (3/10): Promethean Dagger, Spymaster's Vestment, "Glory to the Perfect Human".
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Ociamarru: The envoy of Impar turns to you. Or shifts in space, you're not sure. It reaches out with a pseudopod and touches you... everything goes black.

You wake up in a place with silver sand and an infinity of stars above you. In front are several items, which you study intently.

There is a knife, fractured down its length. You take it and for a moment you see myriad blades, splintered in space all around you. There is a vest of oily black leather that almost seems to writhe in front of you. You put it on and feel a sharp sting. It sank tendrils into your wrist! After the initial struggle to get them out, you feel... clearer headed. Everything is sharper, and you feel stronger, faster, better than you ever had before. Like a predator. And lastly, there is a scrap of yellowed parchment covered in mad scribblings. You can't decipher them, but then you look closer and they coalesce into crude letters.

The letters at the top of the page spell "BEYOND THE MIND". As soon as you finish reading, you black out again.

You wake up in the hall where the Pact is being made. Five seconds have passed.

Name: Damien Grimmhilde
Equipment:
Inventory (3/10): Warpknife, Symbiotic Armor, "BEYOND THE MIND".
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Last edited by TheKebbit on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:58 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Flick through the book and read when something interesting is found.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm

So, good enough first roll for everybody?

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
So, good enough first roll for everybody?

Yep. Reminds me of my first roll actually.

Equip my new equipment, and read a bit of the book.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah. Minor action.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Very pleased with the roll, and my equipment as well.

Try and read the mysterious piece of parchment.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:54 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next