View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 RTD: Serious Theology 

Post Re: RTD: Serious Theology
Ociamarru wrote:
Same here.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 am

Real sorry everyone, but I'm afraid I won't be able to roll today. Been caught up in a lot of work and I just need to rest.

EDIT: Argh, it seems the same will apply for today. As soon as I get some free time, I will do everything within my power to guarantee another roll.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:31 am

whoops, a reviving doublepost
~~~~~~~~~

The Maw.

A pit cutting through seven planes of reality. Ancient civilizations and untold nightmares line the walls. But the worst nightmare is in the spire that juts out from the crater's edge like a broken fang. The Infinite Corruptor bides its time.

Your party is at the bottom, and escape is the only option. In your path are a million chittering horrors, vile daemons, and tormented dead. May the Gods have mercy upon your souls.

Nighthawk, 4. > Flip open my book. Find some sort of spell that will summon up the "raw might" of Caecus Deum to smash my shield to bits and quickly incant said spell.

You frantically rifle the pages, black spots flickering in front of your eyes. A divine champion shouldn't die like this...

Just as you are about to collapse from despair and oxygen deprivation, you turn one last ink-stained page and see a rune. It's a crude rune, looks like it's been scribbled with a paintbrush, but you activate it anyway. A shock of force radiates from your left hand and puts a crack in the shell, which you prise open with your Rune-Knife. The shield is broken and you're free.

Not safe though, not safe at all.

Later, you can go back to the page you found the spell on and memorize it for good. It will be absorbed irrelevant of what your roll is.

Name: Reynard Heinson
Equipment: Arcane Bulwark, Rune-Knife, "Most Holy is His Wrath".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Izen, 6. >Look around frantically. Make sure there are no abominations or demons of any sort.

You do a 360 check of the area, revolving in your heavy armor. Gods, this thing has no peripheral vision. Someone ought to do something about that.

You stare up at the smoky depths above you, and marvel at the fortresses clinging to the sides of the pit. In the hopes of activating some kind of spyglass, you tap on your helmet and surprisingly manage to enable something through your fumbling. A pair of thick goggles spring in front of your eyes and the darkness thins out. Everything is in some kind of strange grid pattern, but you don't really care.

Focusing your eyes through the weirdly glowing filter, you don't see much until what the hells is that. A humanoid shape, far too tall, is rising above David's back. It stretches its arms out and you see a horrible black grin.

Name: Agrath
Equipment: Mark 5 Steelwarden Suit (IR+Targeting), Popper LMG (80/80 Double), "Strength Through the Iron".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Hammer-Novice: maintain gear, forge basic stuff + ammo.
Cog-Devout: temporary gear blessings.
Active Abilities:
Iron Blight: weakens enemy equipment.
Conditions:

caekdaemon, 4. Read more of the book in search of information about this place.

It shouldn't have any worthwhile information, The Infinite Corruptor is a relative newcomer to this universe, and the Maw is his domain.

You crack open the book anyway, and set to reading. The pages go by until you see a strange diagram of what you guess could be a pit, if someone tried to draw it across eleven dimensions while drunk on liquid paint thinner.

The map is labeled "The Maw".

There is a note:

"IT IS HERE
IT IS HERE AND NOTHING MATTERS"

Name: Bob Of the House Of Jones
Equipment: Reaver, Armor of Woe, "INCANTATIONS FOR THE WISE".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Divine Favor: positive effects upon prayer.
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Asklar, 5. >Search if the book talks about the Promethean Dagger.

You find a weapons schematic tucked inside the steel frame of the book, marked "1146346-AGENT DISTRIBUTION MODEL 5".

There are the standard liturgies to Machina, cross-sections, lists of mechanical parts, etc. But it's not exactly like the particular knife you possess...

In fact, it seems much deadlier. There's a heavy grip guard, some intense-looking configurations for the flame system, and the blade is extended about half a foot and serrated. It would be wise to get this blade forged, when you have the time and materials. You tuck the blueprint away for later.

Name: Charles Cross
Equipment: Promethean Dagger (0/4), Spymaster's Vestment, "Glory to the Perfect Human".
Inventory (1/10): Promethean Fang Blueprints
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Ociamarru: Wield my Warpknife after picking it up off the ground, and accompany the big man in the big suit with the big gun. (no roll, menial action)

You follow Agrath, safe in the knowledge that he is a big man in a big suit with a big gun. You may follow different gods, but you are all agents of the Pact. Together, the Agents can demolish empires.

Name: Damien Grimmhilde
Equipment: Warpknife (Four), Symbiotic Armor, "BEYOND THE MIND".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Stranger: demoralizes, less human.
Active Abilities:
Nightmare: coma, damage.
Conditions:

nicolasx, 5. Put on my planewalkers robe keep trying to learn something from the parchment

You attempt to focus on the microscopic lettering again, and manage to read some. It's just as disturbing as the last message.

"reality is thin here. attempted to gauge where I was by extending arm to the left, saw it pass through my skull. runic system malfunctioning"

"THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME ONE AND THE SAME THE SAME"

You come to a geometric rune full of impossibly tiny details, and nervously decide to touch it, momentarily disoriented by the magic flow.

You have gained Flash and Spacial Withdrawal.
Flash: You can make small hops through the warped dimensions, escaping from danger or charging headlong into it.
Spatial Withdrawal: You render yourself outside the universe, and flee to the silver sands. The ultimate panic button, but beware of disfiguring malfunctions and some of the nastier servants of Impar.

Then something looms up behind you.

Name: David Roffellon
Equipment: Entropic Katanas, Planewalker's Robe, "OUTSIDE".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Flash: short teleport.
Spatial Withdrawal: teleport to silver sands. Risky.
Conditions:

Last edited by TheKebbit on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:34 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"By the gods, this place is real... "
Pray to the gods for protection from whatever inhabits this place.

Should the map be in my inventory?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:37 am
Profile WWW

Look around for any threats; if I see one, attack it. Use the multidimensional aspect of the knife to rip and tear more if possible...
After hearing the warning, dive downward to avoid getting caught in the crossfire.

Last edited by Ociamarru on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 am

It's in the book. You can refer back to it as needed, now that you know where it is.

Ocia, that might be unwise... you guys should probably stick together, considering something Slendermanesque is about to eat nicolasx.

The spire juts out of the lip of the crater, by the way. You would have to get to the top to enter.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:42 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Alright guys, let's get out of here."
>Search for a way out.

Question about my dagger:

It's (0/4) applies only to that stronger flame or anytime I activate it's "burn" mode?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:43 am

The stronger flame. Emptying all four charges gives you the most burnination, but you can do it in smaller increments. There's probably some fuel in that Spymaster's Vestment, by the way.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:47 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh cool, I think I have one of the coolest weapons.

One last question, is it possible to upgrade my Promethean Dagger into a Promethean Fang or do I have to build it from scratch?

By the way Promethean gives it +1000 to style.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 am

It's an upgrade. Same base model.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Is it possible for any upgrades to be made for my sword? I already hope that I can put a few upgrades on it, and I have ideas for what to add...

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:28 am
Profile WWW

hmm maybe just for machina? at least I think you would need to read your parchments to find out

Try to slash the Deamon? behind me Duck for the shot

EDIT: can we help eachother? like can machina forge better weapons and stuff
I wonder how I can help

Last edited by nicolasx on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:23 am

"I suppose that there is little time for reading currently."
> Ready Rune-Knife. If anything gets close to me, stab it to death.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:22 am

>Shoot whatever it is that's behind David.
"DUCK!"

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 am

Caek, basically every item is upgradeable, saving ub3r l33t endgame godslayers.

You would need to read some Machinae books, and then you could use Izen's help in forging it.

Izen can forge weapons, but he can't make them majyykal (yet). Him enchanting a Caecian or Imparite artifact would ordinarily be heresy, but since you're all working together, it's ok. He would need Nighthawk to help out for Caecus's stuff, and Ocia or Nicolas to help with Impar's stuff.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:52 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next