View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 RTD: Serious Theology 

Post Re: RTD: Serious Theology
There may or may not be other followable gods, later on. There will be followable "aspects" of each god for sure.

Impar is strange and fickle. You stand a modest chance of becoming a disturbing monster, but only one Imparian Path focuses on that. Other Paths include one that focuses on mastery of space and time and a Path that invokes destructive eldritch powers.

Your backstory is great, but please just specify your build or the kinds of items you want. I'll fill in the rest to keep with divine orthodoxy.

EDIT: Yes, there are other gods, but most are small and unimportant. I am focusing on these main three for now.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:26 am

Edited as such :)

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:34 am

That'll work.

EDIT: Waiting on Nighthawk.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Might be a good idea to PM him if he ain't posted in the thread. Always get's their attention.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

MY BAD. This really escalated while I was gone.

Posting right now after I read the last 4 pages...

"Thank you for this great honor."
>>Bow to the Magus Representative, then take my leave. As I'm walking, open the book and flick through it, analyzing the contents.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Let's make this happen. Welcome to the wonderful world of Serious Theology, nicolasx!

~~~~~~~~~

Nighthawk, 3. >>Bow to the Magus Representative, then take my leave. As I'm walking, open the book and flick through it, analyzing the contents.

You make an exit, then scan the spellbook. You stop by chance on a section about the nature of this "Jehora Jeheyu" entity.

"Jehora Jeheyu is our Lord and Master, Caecus Deum, in His most glorious form. He is the crashing force of a matter displacment spell, the raw might of our arcane way. He is death and destruction to all who stand before His divine will. Through His infinite majesty, we build and unmake, create and destroy."

Name: Reynard Heinson
Equipment: Barrier Ring, Rune-Knife, "Most Holy is His Wrath".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Izen, 4. >Don my armor, then begin to read the book.

You equip your heavy protective suit, then pore over the contents of the book. A section on smithery catches your eye.

"We are nothing without our Forge-Gifts. Deus Machina taught us the art, and we listened. The building of tools of war is one of the most Pure and holy works, and only suited for a few. The hammer beats out Sin, and the fires burn away our impurities. Such is the way of the righteous."

You don't get far into the Manufactorum rituals, but you pick up what you managed to read quite well.

You have gained Hammer-Novice. You can repair and maintain armor and weapons. You can also forge gun ammunition and basic non-magical equipment.

Name: Agrath
Equipment: Mark 5 "Steelwarden" Suit, "Popper" LMG, "Strength Through the Iron".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities: Hammer-Novice: maintain gear, forge basic stuff + ammo.
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

caekdaemon, 3. Equip my new equipment, and read a bit of the book.

You put on your heavy armor, and flip through the book. Your gaze wanders to an ancient note affixed to the margin of a damaged page.

"help help oh Gods they're coming they're here
the Prophet was right, we are all blasphemers, Jahn
I want to die"

The rest of the page is crusted with blood and gristle. Disgusting.

Name: Bob Of the House Of Jones
Equipment: Reaver, Armor of Woe, "INCANTATIONS FOR THE WISE".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Asklar, 3. >Flick through the book and read when something interesting is found.

You read through the prayer book, and your eye flashes to a particular piece of scripture.

"Only through sheer discipline and realignment of the form-giving code can perfection be reached. The righteous must always work to forge themselves stronger, just as most Holy Machina forges our fates and souls. Ave Machina, purity in body and spirit, such is the path we take."

Name: Charles Cross
Equipment: Promethean Dagger, Spymaster's Vestment, "Glory to the Perfect Human".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Ociamarru, 5. Try and read the mysterious piece of parchment.

You have to squint at the frayed parchment for a while. The scribblings resolve themselves into words...

"...they feared their new gods. We went, and we were changed, and we have returned, glorious and free beyond imagination, to give them the GIFT of unchaining their minds. They still fear."

"I CAN SEE FOREVER MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE ITSTOPSTOPSTOPWHY WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I CAN SEE THEM THEY GO ON PAST THE END-"

At last you come to a smudged arcane rune. You touch it, and feel a momentary shock as you absorb the magic.

You have gained Stranger and Nightmare.
Stranger: people feel ill at ease around you, and enemies are demoralized. Does not affect social rolls, but you can feel yourself becoming less human...
Nightmare: Puts a foe into a short coma, where their worst fears come to life. Can cause hearts to stop and brains to hemorrhage.

Name: Damien Grimmhilde
Equipment: Warpknife, Symbiotic Armor, "BEYOND THE MIND".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities: Stranger: demoralizes, less human.
Active Abilities: Nightmare: coma, damage.
Conditions:

nicolasx: You have been wandering this moonscape for days. Sometimes you just feel like lying down on that silver sand and never getting up again. But then you really would never get up again.

You fall down another dune, and choke on the horrible dust. At least you waited out the first gravity-storm.

You hear a sad "clunk" noise from below you. Scrambling to your feet, you see what is left of an explorer's Aether-vehicle.

Wasting no time, you strip the former occupant of his belongings. Funny, he's wearing an Imparian signet...

There are a pair of balanced katanas. You accidentally nick your hand on the sharp edge of one, and watch in horror as your hand ages into a claw. You blink and it's back to normal. There is an ornate black robe, with golden trim. You put it on and look through the hood. Space seems fractured... you can see centers of mass and the conduits between them, like passageways or corridors. And lastly, there is a scrap of old parchment, covered in nearly microscopic writing. You focus your eyes and can just barely make out the title, which is simply "OUTSIDE".

When you are finished reading, you black out and wake up in the Pact hall. In your stay at the strange dimension, five minutes have elapsed.

Name: David Roffellon
Equipment: Entropic Katanas, Planewalker's Robe, "OUTSIDE".
Inventory (0/10):
Passive Abilities:
Active Abilities:
Conditions:

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Why didn't I do this before?"
>Check if the book has some sort of index.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:37 am

Sorry, what do you mean? Why didn't you genetically engineer/extreme train yourself before?

EDIT: And sorry, there are no indexes. Indexes are for the WEAK + they don't really exist in olden tiemes prayer books.

It also serves a balance purpose. You won't be able to just read a particular section, you'll have to roll and see what you learn.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:42 am

I believe the dialog was referring to his action, as in, "Why didn't I check for an index before?"

So what are we exactly aiming to do at the moment? Are we to leave the area and head elsewhere, snoop around, what?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks for clarifying that.

Next round, there will be shenanigans indeed. (read: action. This period is so people can get to grips with their stuff.)

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:46 am

Very well then!

"It has begun...I can feel the will of Impar flowing through my veins!"
Investigate my Warpknife, fiddling with it by drawing in the ground with it.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:49 am

ACCEPT THE MUTATION

BECOME ONE WITH YOUR GOD, LONG MAY IMPAR WRITHE IN CELESTIAL AGONY

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:50 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, in that case:

"Guess I'll take a deeper look in the book before I go to sleep. Now, this Promethean Dagger looks interesting."
>Study carefuly the weapon and practice it's use.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:51 am

> Put on my fancy-shmancy ring and see what it does.

Last edited by Nighthawk on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:07 am

Wow good roll that was awesome,

Read some of this parchmant if I can

EDIT: btw do my swords have other entropy effects besides aging? or will we find out our gears effects later?

Last edited by nicolasx on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next