View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Birthright RTD 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Birthright RTD
Whoever wrote that opening narrative has the writing style of a true master of the literary arts :pipe:

I am most curious to see more of it.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, Caek, She'll appreciate that.

Maart3n, I don't really think there is anything for you and Kebbit to change, actually. We were able to make the events to date work with the lore that its being developed.

Kebbit: Is there a nickname to call your character in the game, calling him Iron or the Iron mauler is a little bulky especially in character conversation.

Last edited by nicolasx on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 pm

most people just refer to him as "you bastard"

but Ghommal was his actual name i guess

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Character Name: Edrohn T’khim
Race: Human
Occupation: member of the Tokrah, the King’s personal elite group of assassins. (Those who pass the training become Tokrah, those who fail are buried)
Stone Color: Yellow
Stone Power: Restores Health and Vitality. Also allows the user to go without eating and sleeping for extended periods of time (Has been long rumored that when combined with certain other stones it can resurrect life)
Stone augmented abilities: Increased healing ability and decreases need for food and sleep

Passive abilities/training:
Member of the Tokrah, The Kings Elite group of Assassins
Ninja-like Stealth
Superior hand to eye coordination which gives him deadly accuracy when throwing knives, Edrohn’s weapon of choice +1 to throwing knives
Extensive hand to hand combat training. Although a skilled,assassin, he does not do as well in group battles, his technique is to disorient the enemy and take them out one at a time. +1 to single humanoid enemy fights, and -1 to group fights

Inventory: [List 2-15 items.]
Kria: (Throwing knife 1) Designed especially for the Tokrah by the Kings metallurgical scientists for attaining maximum momentum by using the planet’s own elctromagnetic field to reduce gravitational and frictional forces. Can be thrown as far as a human can shoot a longbow arrow, but with more accuracy. At short distances (3-6ft) can go through small trees without problem.
Siba: (Throwing knife 2) Bulkier and heavier than normal throwing knves. Not designed for throwing at all but for hand to hand combat.
Pahtum Cloak: Made from the fibers of the Pahtum plant, which is a natural psychedelic. Cloak gives off a disorienting odor that helps the wearer maintain stealth. Effect wears off over time and the Tokrah themselves are immune to it.
Flash powder: Disorients opponents but does no damage

edited by Edrohn
Names and places have been changed to protect the innocent :grin:

Last edited by Edrohn on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Your character is really detailed and nice, but he's madly overpowered compared to the rest of us.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 am

Mirra: please post a character sheet for yourself if you want to play.
look at the original post for instructions.

Edrohn: I think you have too many weapons there, three different kinds of knives are already too much, then you have explosives, you can have armor and two small weapons if you want to be an assassin/rogue. Just to be clear you want a +1 to your throwing knives, +1 to single humanoid enemy fights, and -1 to group fights? also one type of throwing knives in reasonable quantity will be considered one inventory item so don't worry about that, if you want to use that as a small melee weapon you can do that too, remember to pick them up after throwing. One other thing I don't know how to incorporate your wanting to be a blacksmith assassin, I think you may have too many skills. other than that I think its accepted.

EDIT: As I am still admitting characters, I will do relative equalization of the characters whenever one joins.

Last edited by nicolasx on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 am

Post Re: Birthright RTD - Character Sheet
OK Perhaps this will help:

Name: Mirra

Background: Beautiful illusionist put onto this quest by a Trainer from Mana.

Practiced Ability: Illusionist

Stone/ability: Purple/Blue Gem

Inventory:
3 special throwing knives each with their own special ability
Magic water bag that never empties
Bow with magic arrows that make those struck disappear
Waterproof matches
Money
Medicinal herbs
more to come...

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:23 am

Hi nicolasx,

I am ok with the character equalization. This is my first RTD, so I saw 2-15 items and went crazy :smile:. I am willing to forgo some fighting ability for stealth techniques. If I drop the toma, can I keep the other 2 knives? And can I use flash powder (disorients, but no damage) instead of explosive powder?

oh, how often do you post in a RTD?

Edrohn
Good Hunting!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am

Edrohn, you post after every turn to dictate your action.

What's your stone ability, mirra? Or is being purple/blue an ability?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:57 am

Alright edrohn your a go with those balancers, please edit your character sheet thusly so I can use it in the roll template I have made up.

Here is the format Kebs posted in and I like it so here you go (with a few adjustments)

Name/Title: Iron Mauler
Description: A wayward son of nobility slaughtered in a "Glorious People's Revolution", this towering brute has known nothing but war. His birthstone has grown attuned to the thousand scars he has borne and given out, and enhances his already unnatural constitution.
Birthstone/s: Stoneskin Stone: defense, shielding, toughness.
Passive Abilities:
---Colossus: +1 to physical strength rolls, cannot wear normal armor.
---Malice: +1 to brutal and morally ambiguous acts.
Inventory 2/15: Battered Elephant Armor, Great Hacksaw

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 am

Good point, Kebbit. Perhaps the blue/purple stone can be known for creating empathy and persuasion. However, I wasn't sure if I should be saying everything, or if part of the story was character revelation. - M.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 am

From what I can tell, we pick a first ability now and gain more as the story proceeds.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:33 am

Ok I have edited my charcter sheet. Putting it in TheKebbits format as follows:

Name/Title: Edrohn T’khim
Description: member of the Tokrah, the King’s personal elite group of assassins.
Birthstone/s: Yellow Stone. Increased healing ability and decreases need for food and sleep
Passive Abilities:
---Ninja-like Stealth
---Superior hand to eye coordination +1 to throwing knives
---Extensive hand to hand combat training. Although a skilled,assassin, he does not do as well in group battles, his technique is to disorient the enemy and take them out one at a time. +1 to single humanoid enemy fights, and -1 to group fights
Inventory: Enhanced throwing knives (long distance, combat), disorienting Cloak, flash powder

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 am

GAME INFO.:
I'll probably be rolling the third roll tommorow or late tonight, my helper likes to make things perfect. Since I am still working out Mirra's character sheet with her, and this is both you guy's first roll, do NOT post actions this is in tradition with most RTD's. You will post an action for the round after next.

Also, in an effort to be more reasonable I am allowing THREE items at the start of the game. I would recomend Kebs gets another weapon, and Vlad gets some armor, but do what you wish, please specify either on your character sheets or post something.

Thanks

Last edited by nicolasx on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 am

I choose to get several bottles of ye olde Black Drink: a caustic, throat-burning stew of intoxication and hallucinogenic rage.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next