View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
 RtD-Classic Adventure|Roll 35|Ch-2|Enter the Dragon 
Loose Canon

Post Re: RtD-Classic Adventure|Roll 6
> Kill any remaining wolves.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:33 am
Profile WWW

Roll 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huntsman\Henry= 11

Seeing Ulyess struggling under the final wolf, you leap to assist in the most logical way possible, by crash tackling it.
You crash into the wolf, sending both of you a couple of meters away from Ulyess, only now (stradling an enraged, wounded wolf) do you realise this mightn't have been a good idea.

Nonsequitorian\Ulysses= 6+2= 8
Holding back its gnashing jaws with your main hand, you stab its side with your off hand. With the dagger now up to its hilt in the wolfs side you attempt to roll, this however, is thwarted by Henrys bold move, knocking the wolf in the opposite direction that you intended. You barely manage to hold onto the dagger as both the wolf and Henry fly out of your view, you did quite a bit of damage, although you sprained your off hand wrist in the process
Damage taken!
-Sprained wrist (off hand)

TorrentHKU\John= 10

Seeing Henrys near suicidal move of tackling a hyper aggressive wolf, you step in to assist with a swift stab to the face. It works perfectly.

maart3n\Mulch= 17
With fear of such a pitiful death you gain a burst of super-dwarven strength, allowing you shove the wolf and pull yourself up. As you spit to clean your mouth from the blood, a skeleton throws down a fancy metal flask. Thanking your captour, you unscrew the cap and take a swig, an all too familiar taste floods your mouth. It tastes just like your old fathers ale, taking another heartier swig you confirm that this ale, was in fact, made by your father. It’s a small infinite plain, isn't it.
Obtained
- Founding Fathers Ale (collectable flask)(memorabilia)

TheKebbit\Iron Mauler= 2+1+2= 5

You turn to finish off the previously unconscious wolf, only to find it licking your hand. Raising your blade you attempt to eviscerate it, but it sits down and stares at you with a set of text-book worthy puppy dog eyes. Settling for a nice clean decapitation, you are stopped again, this time by it tilting its head, ever so slightly. You had a dog once, he was called Lucky. You never forgot what he did for you. You lower your blade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game Events (Protip, read these)
Quote:
"Well done, well done indeed."
Our heroes turn to the booming voice, seemingly coming from a large booth in the grandstands (obviously made for a leader of sorts)
"You’re the first adventurers who have managed to last one round in a long time." he continued "Because of that I have quite a stockpile of creatures for you to be killed by, so I'm going to give you a choice."
"Heads, or Tails? BWHAHAHahahah~"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 am

"We all know us dwarves are luckier than you big folks, so I call heads."
Have another swig and put away the booze, feeling happier than ever, having found such a fine relic.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 am

"Heads."

Pat the wolf, then feed it some of my packed lunch.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:15 pm

"Heads."

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 am
Loose Canon

"Tails."
BECAUSE I'M A REBEL.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:37 am
Profile WWW

Roll 8 (Mostly Fluff)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
"3 heads and a tail eh?"
"I think we have something along those lines, WHAHAHAHAhahah~!!!"

A few moments later, the ground shakes with the heavy footsteps of your next foe.
You can see through the shadows of the grate a huge coiling mass, and as the gate flies open, you immediately realise that this is going to be a tough fight.

Wave 2: 'Mini' Boss!

Elemental Hydra

OOC: Three heads and a tail, man you walked right into this one. This creature stands about 2 stories tall and has three heads, each with an element. The three current elements are Fire, Water, and Forest (grass\leafy\nature, whatever you want to call it). Remeber, if you kill a head it will grow another two, and it does not know fear. Good Luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game Events
A wild Hydra appears!
Ulysses decides to use a health potion instead.
The others prepare to fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 am

Adopt a defensive posture with the Bulwark of Hate, then move in slowly so I can hack its goddamn toes off next turn.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:02 pm

> Carefully take aim at the eyes of the fire head and fire head, also us call of the elves.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 am

i thought he cut the heads off, then torched the monster's necks so they couldn't regenerate

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:25 pm

"Somebody throw me at it's head, doesn't matter which, I'll smash it."
Thunderous smash whichever head I'm thrown at.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:02 pm

john freeman it's up to you

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm just going to pop in here and give my two cents here.

It's about all the "Wahaha"-ing.

Is the source of those laughs what I think it is?

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:48 am
Loose Canon

> STAB IT IN THE CHEST.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:39 am
Profile WWW

Roll 9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TheKebbit\Iron Mauler= 1+1= 2 (yay! math!)
Raising your shield and start slowly moving forward. Its surprisingly hard to keep an eye on all the heads, saying that the Forest head seems to be-
It Darts out, wrenching your shield out of your hands, and at the same time forcing you to stumble. Seeing your back as a stepping stone, Ulysses uses it to propel himself skyward, sending you face first into the ground. A friendly lick to your face does little to ease your anger.

maart3n\Mulch= 2
"Somebody throw me at it's head, doesn't matter which, I'll smash it."
Nope? No one? No matter, you'll just do it yourself. With a mighty run and jump you propel yourself to the right head (The Fire one) but Ulysses flies into view, and using you as a stepping block, boosts straight back out of your view. You hit the ground hard.

Nonsequitorian\Ulysses= 19
Spinning your scimitar round and round, eyeing up your opponent, you remember the wise words of your mythical creature teacher at the Adventurers Academy.
Quote:
"Hydras are powerful elemental creatures, starting with 3 or so elements, but every time a head dies, the elements splits into 2 more or less similar elements, an exact table for the splitting hasn't been made yet, though certainly not for lack of trying on the adventurers side, Heheheh~*ehem*. Knowing this, there are 2 ways to kill a Hydra, either taking out its heart, or by forcing so many elements divisions that something we call a 'zero division' happens, creating a small paradox, destroying the hydra and may even create some valuable materials. Now if you turn to page 413 of you text books..."

Stopping your blade, you dash forward. You boost your self twice off the backs of your selfless companions, and reach the Water head.
As you fly past the hydras face, you practically destroy it, and as you land gasping for breath on the ground, you can see gallons of water gushing from its wounds.
-Gained 15 exp

Huntsman\Henry= 3
"To me my brothers!"
Not the tone you were looking for, but at least it worked. Nocking an arrow, you aim at the Fire head, only to find it a lot closer than you would like.
Darting back, you accidently let go of the arrow.
TWAK!!!
FUUUUUUUUUUUU-
After a bout of very unelven language, you look down to find your knee completely shattered by your arrow. And look back up to see a very hungry set of teeth.
This is not good, not good at all.

TorrentHKU\John= 6
You dart forward and make a light stab to its chest. Not only does your blade hardly pierce the flesh, but what really pisses you off is the fact the Hydra didn't even notice your attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game Events
Mulch: Face plant
John: Directly in front of the Hydra
The Iron Mauler: Face plant
Ulysses: Behind the Hydra
Henry: Only a few meters in front of a hungry looking head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Water: In blinding pain (also blinded)
Fire: Eyeing a wounded adventurer
Forest: Swallowing a shield

GM rant wrote:
I think this dice has got something against you guys, I'll switch to my blue one next roll.

Last edited by Fail Flail on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next