View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 52  Next
 Roll To Dodge: Ethersphere (Roll 76) 

Post Re: Roll To Dodge: Ethersphere (Roll 31)
I'll roll tomorrow to give you guys time to coordinate your actions :P

Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 am

Uh, I have to actually WORK in programming class, unfortunately :( I'd assumed I'd have a free period, but not so... however, I will put up what each character rolled to give you an idea of your successes.

Rolljello.
=================================================================================
Tomaster | Jet (Roll: 3)

TorrentHKU | John S. Freeman (Roll: 1 + Badass = 2)

Amazigh | Aicaya (Roll: 5)

DSMK2 | DEYE-5 (Roll: 6)

alphagamer774 | Michael "Mike" Rocksford (Roll: 2)

NPC | Jackson (Roll: 5)

Game Events
"Fyuck. Now it's their turn." After the initial volley of the group, the bots seem ready to retaliate. The Marksman is still a little stunned by D's earlier barrage; the Striker starts an extraordinarily rapid sprint towards the group, PDWs raised; the Guardian starts to advance forward, the Marksman trudging behind it; the Brute raises his minigun; the Assassin seems to flicker for a few seconds, then its adaptive camouflage flicks on and it nearly vanishes from sight, becoming little more than mist advancing on the group in a serpentine; and finally, the Support starts a long flank, grenade launcher raised and ready to go.

"Here they come!"

MAP

Letters: Characters
A = Aicaya
D = D-EYE5
JS = John
JT = Jet
M = Mike
J = Jackson
A = Assassin (dark circle shows possible location)
B = Brute
G = Guardian
M = Marksman
SP = Support
ST = Striker

Mon May 14, 2012 6:29 pm
Loose Canon

Hey, I'm gonna wreck the ♥♥♥♥ out of the group on the right whether the others like it or not.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll To Dodge: Ethersphere (Roll 32)
>Treat the Brute to another Shell.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:05 am
DRLGrump

'Nade to a point in front of the Striker to slow it down, put the last two on the ground in front of the Guardian. Then switch to Ripper and start plugging Marksmen.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:21 am

> Swap targets to the guardian and continue to apply a steady stream of autocannon rounds, attempt to get some rounds to the edges of the guardian's shield in attempt to break it up. Keep tabs on the sniper's movements.
"That... sniper is going to be a... problem. MIKE!"

Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 am

Try and pop that sniper between the enemies, then use SURGE and gtfo back towards the group.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

If I may make a suggestion, do a coordinated attack on the Guardian so its shield cant change modes fast enough to block all the attacks. Its the tank of the group, taking it out leaves the weaker bots without decent protection.

But do note that all the enemies are fulfilling a separate tactical role. Below is what I think (Guesstimate) the roles are.

Marksman - Long range fire, it will attempt to stay behind the tank or near the back and make precise shots to keep you off balance - The archer of the group. Possibly one of the weakest members of the group.
Striker - Close range/melee, keeps you occupied and in position for the brute's suppressing fire. Mostly armoured on the front to stop weapons fire from damaging it heavily when it charges. Think of it like a man on horseback - fast moving, lightly armoured but effective in melee.
Guardian - Tank, the damage sink of the team, keeps the lighter members of the team alive. Think of it like a Knight, it moves slowly, but certainly, absorbing damage with the shield and lashing out with swipes of the sword.
Brute - Heavy weaponry, deals the most damage, slow? Lays down suppression to break up the squad in to easy to eliminate groups. A glacier. Tough, slow and deadly. The slow movement is its weakness. Try and outflank.
Assassin - A blade and gun makes this one more adaptable to varying tactical situations and the cloak lets it hit the exposed flanks of the team without any chance of being detected. Very deadly if you are not keeping a eye out. The rogue. Fast and adaptable with stealth.
Support - Now I have not seen enough to make a precise guess, but I assume that its either artillery, which seems redundant considering there is a sniper in the team. But the support is explosive artillery, good to scatter the players away from one another, meaning they can't help one another. It could also be a robotic healer, but I doubt that. I can't think of a class that this goes with.

Make your own choice on which to kill first.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Kamataichi the Support.

Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 am
Profile WWW

Rollburger.
=================================================================================
Tomaster | Jet (Roll: 4)

TorrentHKU | John S. Freeman (Roll: 1)

Amazigh | Aicaya (Roll: 6)

DSMK2 | DEYE-5 (Roll: 2)

alphagamer774 | Michael "Mike" Rocksford (Roll: 5)

NPC | Jackson (Roll: 2)

Game Events
The Brute's minigun starts to spit out copious amounts of lead toward Aicaya, who poses the biggest threat to the Brute. "Oh, tits." She starts running as tracer rounds flare past her head and bounce off of her armor- one at a time, they're not too bad, but if she gets caught in that stream, she's finished.

The Support fires three grenades towards John from its launcher. The first bursts in mid-air, creating a flash that stuns both John and Jackson; the second slams into the ground in front of them with a vicious explosion that knocks John off of his feet and sends Jackson stumbling back; and the third explodes right above John, causing a cloud of billowing smoke to erupt from the grenade, quickly enveloping John and Jackson.

The Striker raises its personal defense weapons and begins to fire as it closes on the group, sending shots skidding past Jet, D, and Mike.

MAP

Letters: Characters
A = Aicaya
D = D-EYE5
JS = John
JT = Jet
M = Mike
J = Jackson
A = Assassin (dark circle shows possible location)
B = Brute
G = Guardian
M = Marksman
SP = Support

Thu May 17, 2012 1:52 am
Loose Canon

Post Re: Roll To Dodge: Ethersphere (Roll 33)
"ASSBURGERS"
> Big wave of wind to clear the smoke, let Jackson handle this bastard.

Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 am
Profile WWW

> Shield up, shield charge the Striker. Hard.
"Jet! Arc explosives over the guardian! I'll deal with the striker!"

Thu May 17, 2012 3:15 am
DRLGrump

All out bro, and now is not the time to reload.
Take one of my 'nade rounds, toss it over the Guardian, and attempt to detonate it near the Marksmen by using the Ripper.

Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 am

DO THE SHOOTY THING AT THE GURDIAN

Last edited by alphagamer774 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 17, 2012 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Continue evading fire, Launch a Terra Spike at the Brute.

Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 52  Next