View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Existence - Companion Story of Erased 

Post Re: Existence - Companion Story of Erased
DONOTERASEME
"We have to jump."
Katie steps back, holding one hand to her mouth and shaking her head.

"We have to!"
"I can't!" She cries and collapses into a chair. You go and hold her hand.
"I can't Alex. It's ... I can't."

The door shudders and bursts off its hinges, revealing three very angry men-in-black. The foremost and biggest of the trio advances aggressively and you stand between him and Katie. He swings half-heartedly and you duck and jab him in the stomach. He takes the hit with a grunt, then shoves you aside. You skid along the floor, breathless. As one of the other two men grabs Katie, you stand and rush the big guy.

Without much of a thought, he spins and backhands you across the face - hard. You black out.

"Matt!"

You come to an unknown time later. You're bound and gagged - thankfully not blindfolded - in the back of a black security van. The van goes over a bump and you get jolted. Katie gasps as she too regains consciousness.

"Mmph!" She tries to speak.

You just lower your eyes and look downcast.

Just then, the van screeches to a stop and the driver exits - well, a front door opens and closes at least. Then there's some shouting and a commotion outside. Maybe even the sounds of fighting.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>>Wiggle

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 am

DONOTERASEME
You wriggle about, trying to loosen your bonds somewhat, but to no avail. Whatever they used to tie you up is too strong. You manage to get up on your knees and move over to Katie, who is silently crying on her side. You lie next to her and she seems comforted.

The sounds of combat outside pause for a moment and silence fills the air. You feel something in the back of your mind, as if your sixth sense says that something is coming towards you, then abruptly a massive explosion rocks the van on its soft suspension. Another feeling of dread, another direct hit, and the van tips onto its side.

As the van tips, you and Katie experience a split-second of freefall before slamming down hard. Katie cries out in pain and you land awkwardly on your feet and crumple. Your ankle throbs in pain.

Then the back door opens and a man crawls inside. He is wearing a leather jacket, scruffy denim jeans, Nike runners and a cap on backwards. And a gun holster on his hip. He sees you and Katie and quickly removes your bindings with a combat knife.

"Yer Matt righ'?" He asks with a slight slur.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"That depends, the last time I answered that I ended up here."
>>Check to make sure Katie is ok

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:05 am

DONOTERASEME

"That depends, the last time I answered a similar question resulted in being pursued by Men in Black."

You roll over to see Katie gazing at you. She nods twice - and doesn't look in pain at all.

"Eh, it don't ma'er. I'm Chadd."

Chadd drags first Katie and then you outside. There is a huge blackened dent in the side of the van and a lady is dragging the van driver across the ground by the legs. She drops him next to the van and struts over to you and Katie in black stilettos and matching knee-length shoulder-strap dress. She extends a hand to you.

"I am Simone. You are Matthew and Katrina?"

It doesn't seem like she is one to mess around with.

"Yes, that's correct."
"Good. Chadd, if you would be so kind to let Alexander know we are on our way?"

Chadd is messing around with a cell phone.
"I'm 'ready on it."

"Matthew, Katrina, follow me please."

Simone leads you over to her black BMW E81 1M parked on the side of the road. It is in pristine condition - not even any insects on the front hood. You get the feeling she likes black.

"If you have anything you need to get, now would be the time to tell me. We have to be at the Safe House in two hours."

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"And why should we trust you?"

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

DONOTERASEME
"Enlighten me on why Katie and I should trust in your motives?"
"Oh, don't insult me! We've done nothing but help you."

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:39 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Sorry, it's been a rough day."

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 pm

THISISABARCODE
"I apologise, we have just been through quite the events these past twenty-four hours."

"Well, alright. I will excuse you just this once. Get in the car now - please."

You and Katie step behind the driver's seat and get yourselves comfortable in the back. Simone gets in the driver's side and another man, introduced as Peter, rides shotgun. The car starts with a thrum and Simone drives away with a low rumble. Within a few minutes they are on their way to the Safe House.

"You two should rest, it takes a while to get there."

Katie puts her head on your shoulder and sighs. You lean back and relax. You're safe - for the moment.

This is the end of Matt and Katie's story. The overall narrative will continue in a new topic - Ecmnesia.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2