View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Existence - Companion Story of Erased 

Post Existence - Companion Story of Erased
This is a Choose Your Own Adventure game. It has a story line but it can be deviated from slightly. If you figure out what is happening, don't tell anyone.

GAME INFO
This game is muti-user input driven - that is, no-one and everyone is a player. There is one character - a protagonist - in this game that you have any control over.

Actions will be chosen based on how well they fit the character or situation. If there are multiple, I'll just choose one to use. No hard feelings.

To start off, I will write the story in the next post, 'cos that's how I roll.

If you wish to read each story in sequence, search for DONOTERASEME in this topic. Every part of the story has that keyword at the beginning.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:39 am

Post Re: Existence - Companion Story of Erased
DONOTERASEME
The super-low bass beats of the music drown out your thoughts, and the innumerable shot glasses on the bar in front of you didn't help. You look at your hand and see another glass with gold-tinged liquid in your fingers. You grin and look to the pretty girl beside you.

"IT'S OKAY MATT!! YOU CAN DO IT!!" she yells over the music.

You grin and knock it back. You also tilt the chair backward and fall for a moment before Katie catches you and laughs.

"THAT'S IT MATT!! WOOO!! LET'S GO!"

She takes your arm and basically pulls you to the toilets. When you look in the mirror you see a short, messy-brown-haired guy that is reaaaaally drunk. Oh, that's you. You chuckle, then feel a bit nauseous.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:40 am
DRLGrump

>>Do my best not to vomit. If unavoidable, then hit up a stall.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:41 am

DONOTERASEME
You turn around from the mirror, stumble once and projectile-puke directly into the bowl in the stall. You cough once for good measure. Deep thrums pass through the walls and your head hurts. Katie pulls you back up.

"You OK?"

"I believe that I consumed magnitudes of alcohol that I should not have."

She giggles.

"I agree, professor. Let's bust this joint."

You spit into the bowl and wash your face before entering back into the noisy throng of drunken dancers and laughter but pass through quickly and stand outside. Katie takes out her cell phone and dials.

"Huh. No reception," she says absentmindedly.

"The taxi ring is located less that a mile away; I propose we casually stroll there and hire our transport to my abode ... or yours, if you disagree."

She grins at you.

"I think Alex should have a good night's rest. He had his exams today and we might disturb him at your place."

You lean slightly and look past Katie's shoulder.

"That statement would be true if we were to even arrive at my apartment at all."

Katie turns around and sees the man you, Matt, were looking at. At first he looked like a bouncer but as he got closer his stride told of much more than man-handling drunks from getting into clubs. This guy looked dangerous, even in a business suit and sunglasses. At night.

"Pardon my interruption. You are Matt Springer, correct?"

"My response is relative on the individual querying me, sir."

"I will take that as a yes. You have two choices tonight. One, you do as I say and come with me. Two, you ignore what I say and I make you come with me."

Katie stands between him and you.

"He isn't going anywhere until I know what is going on."

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Wait wait wait wait wait. What the ♥♥♥♥ is going on? Who are you? Where do you want to take me?"
>>Push Katie away.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:49 am

DONOTERASEME
You put a hand around Katie's shoulder and stand beside her.
"I'm afraid I cannot make any rational choice without knowledge of the outcomes. If you would enlighten me and my partner... ?"

"I am part of an organisation who's goal is to protect the citizens from harm. You two are very special; we have been watching you for some time. There are those here that wish to tell you stories about my fellows but you should not listen to their rantings."

You can't tell his emotion from behind those sunglasses, and he sounds like he is lecturing you.

"Matt, I don't trust him."

"I concur. Apologies, have a good night."
You go to put an arm around Katie's waist but the guy grabs your wrist.

"Oh, I will have a good night. But you will not."

He smiles - that is, he bares his teeth in a resemblance of a smile. He doesn't 'sound' like he's smiling.

"Get your hands off him!" Katie yells, and kicks the guy in the shin. He lets go of your wrist and Katie takes it instead.

"Matt! Let's go!"

You both run down the street and to another club. The bouncer stops you and asks for ID, which you both give over hastily, but he rejects you.
"Too much to drink!" He yells over the techno from inside.

Katie shakes her head and pulls you away. You look back the way you came but can't see any guys in suits.

"You need to call Alex and get him to pick us up - I'm not staying around here with that weirdo."

Call Alex, or do something else?

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>>Call Alex and ask him to get you out of there.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 am

DONOTERASEME
You take your cell out of your pocket and dial Alex's number. It doesn't even ring:

"Your call could not be connected. Please check the number and try again."
You frown and Katie tilts her head at you. You redial twice and get the same result both times.

"I do not understand this. Alex's cell phone number cannot connect to his device."
Katie frowns and thumbs her earlobe.
"Well we just have to go to his apartment then." She reasons.

"I concur. We shall go to the taxi ring?"
"Yes. Let's hope they have one waiting there at ..." she looks at her watch.

"Seven-thirty? I thought it was later than that."

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>>To the taxis!

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 am

DONOTERASEME
"Tonight, this evening; it all means the same, Katie. Let us just get home - I am fatigued."
Katie nods and takes your hand.

You two walk to the taxi ring and get one back to Alex's apartment by about 8pm. The taxi stops at the end of the street because it has to continue on, so you both get out of the car.

"Did you try calling him again?" Katie asks.
"I am afraid I did not, but we are nearing our place now so I believe it will not particularly matter." You smile to reassure her.

Walking down the short street to the apartment, Matt and Katie pass a grungy-looking man with a beanie and a cigarette sitting on the curb. Katie doesn't take notice but you see a clear piece of plastic over one ear reflect from a street-light. He doesn't have anything in his other ear - it seems a bit odd.

Katie takes the first step up the driveway and something crinkles under her shoe. She holds up a slip of paper for Matt to see - it looks like a receipt at first glance but, of course, looking properly reveals that it is a torn page from a notepad listing information not only about Alex and where he lives, but also about Matt and Katie too. Their age, what they were doing tonight, where they work ...

Katie is holding a hand to her mouth as she reads over your shoulder. You look back at the smoker briefly - hasn't noticed you two stopped - and you pull Katie along after you, heading further down the street.

"Where -?"
"Shh. We will rent a room tonight. This all feels suspicious to me."
"... okay."

At the end of the street you and Katie walk through the front door of a small hotel. The male receptionist takes your money and gives you a key, half asleep. In your upstairs room, after locking the door, you pull back the curtain and watch as two wide-shouldered men walk down the apartment's driveway. One of them pushes the smoker over and they argue, but leave eventually.

"I am departing downstairs for a short moment, Katie. I will bring food back with me."
You walk to the door and unlock it. As you open the door and look out, a man in a business suit and sunglasses steps onto the landing. He happens to be looking behind him.

"Matt!"

You close the door in a hurry, blink at the wall in shock and turn to Katie. She's sitting on a chair in the kitchenette with her legs tucked up underneath her.

"... I'm not hungry."
You smile and sit down next to her, then you both go to sleep from a combination of shock and exhaustion.

A loud rap at the door jolts you awake. Katie groans sleepily in the chair beside you. You stand and stretch then open the door. The receptionist from last night is yawning and scrubbing an eye. He hands you a letter.

"Mornin'. Some guy left this for you. Didn't say his name. Breakfast's free if you want it."
He leaves to wake the other residents, leaving you with the letter, a half-asleep girlfriend and a bit of a conundrum.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>>Open it.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 am

DONOTERASEME
You sit down next to Katie and she unconsciously snuggles you. You open the letter and remove a single slip of paper. It is addressed to no-one but is clearly meant for you two:

Quote:
They are coming for you and they are not friendly. Leave by the rear of the building immediately or risk erasure.

It is not signed, dated or anything. You look at the clock on the wall to see that it's only just past 8am.
"Oh... why must this occur so early?" You say to yourself.

Katie wriggles and opens her eyes.
"... mrorning ..." she says sleepily.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I don't want to alarm you, but we need to escape."
>>Get dressed.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 am

DONOTERASEME
"Katie, I apologise. We have to leave."

"... aww... but I'm hungry..." She yawns.

You stand and pull your shoes on and give Katie hers. Some shouting comes from downstairs as you open the door. Three of those men in business suits are downstairs in the small lobby, one looking out the front door, one at the counter in an argument with the attendant and the third at the bottom of the stairs.

Katie pulls the door closed behind her a bit hard and it slams. The third businessman looks up at you.

"Hey! Stop!"

You grab Katie's hand.
"Quickly!"

You and her run down the hallway and temporarily out of sight of the men. At the end is a fire escape. You grab the handle and slam your shoulder into it but it doesn't budge.

Katie accidentally backs up against a food trolley and pushes a door open.
"Alex! In here!"

The men get to the landing and see the two of you down the hallway.
"Stop where you are!"

You grab the trolley and heave it at them. It careens down and slams into the first guy but the other two sidestep past and keep coming. You go through the open door, close it and lock it with the deadbolt.

Katie has opened the window and is looking down to the street.
"Katie..."
"Alex, there's no way out except that."
She points down.

You lean out the window and see directly below is a dumpster full of boxes. There is a bash at the door as the men try to force their way in.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Right behind me, ok? Land on me if you have to."
>>Jump for it.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next