View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 TS Windfall [A Sci-Fi Hyper Mash-Up Multiverse RtD] 

Post TS Windfall [A Sci-Fi Hyper Mash-Up Multiverse RtD]
TS Windfall
-----------------------------------------
Hello again, I've decided to start up a second RtD that will feature what I'm calling a 'Sci-Fi Hyper Mash-Up Multiverse', meaning any\all sci-fi universes rolled into one. Essentially, If they have interplanetary travel, they're in. Other new ideas included are MPCs (Main Player Characters) and a 12 sided dice (20 is a wee bit to big).
All of this will take place on a the Trade Star Windfall, Like all trade stars it is filled to the brim with goods ranging from fine wines to contraband, and passengers from aristocrats to professional thugs. All though there are few permanent residents aside from crew and shop owners, it is still likened to a small city rather than a regular space station, with shops, hotels, pools, gardens, a small space port and over 1000 crew members. The players arrive to fill the position of officers to the captain, each being handpicked for their abilities rather than their CV.
Character sheet (example included)
Roll table: (D12)
Main Player Characters
1-Kettenkrad\Artyom "Artie" Smirnov

Players
1-maart3n\Sarey Puthyrith
2-caekdaemon\Black 19
3- TheKebbit\Jotun
4-Huntsman\K'zan
5-nicolasx\Jake Ledge
6- Izen\Skeev

FEAR THE SPOILER WALL!!!

Last edited by Fail Flail on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

Post Re: TS Windfall [A Sci-Fi Hyper Mash-Up Multiverse RtD]
I'm enjoying your other RtD and this sounds like fun, count me in.

Name: Sarey Puthyrith
Description: Kroot shaper, physically nothing special. Selected for his primary ability to absorb an enemies DNA by killing them.
Specialty: -NA-
Sub Specialty: -NA-
Equipment:
-NA-
Credits: 50
Personal Items:
-Family relics, to most nothing more than primal symbols
-Ritual knife
-Picture of the homeworld
Traits\Abilities:
A-Poker face: +1 to negotiating.
A-Quick reaction: +1 when fighting in close combat
T-Trait absorber: Can eat an enemy to absorb some of it's traits.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:31 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sure, I'm in. This looks like it could be fun.

Name: Black 19
Description: A barely humanoid robot, approximately 1.8 times the standard height of a human. The majority of it's body is shaped like diamonds. On it's surface in some locations is what appears to be a mechanical pattern that serves no purpose. It's armour plating, covering the vast majority of its body, is sleek and purple tinted. On it's body are what appear to be small orbs hovering in almost random locations. It is believed that Black 19, a code name given to it by humans, is in fact a humanoid version of Black 13, otherwise known as the Von Neumann machines who wander the galaxy in search of raw materials. As such, they have been known to attack systems and strip entire worlds of resources. It is known that larger Von Neumann vessels do roam the galaxy, such as the dreaded Berserker, which appears when a world has resisted and destroyed Von Neumann vessels. It is theorized that the Von Neumann are gather resources for a mega construction of sort, but exactly what that might be is unknown. There are few surviving films of combat against the Von Neumann. But some survive, and show how futile it is to fight them. A ominous humming noise surrounds Black 19, it's source unknown.
Specialty: -NA-
Sub Specialty: -NA-
Equipment:
-NA-
Personal Items:
-Small balls, hovering near it's surface.
-Integrated communication device. (Can I make this a sort of subspace radio?)
Traits\Abilities:
A-Self Repair: Thank's to its Von Neumann origins, Black 19 can absorb metallic objects to repair itself.
T-Collective Link: Black 19 is connected to the Von Neumann collective. Black 19 is not slaved to the group's will however, and as such, does not have access to all of the abilities that the Von Neumann possess. Nor access to all of the intel that the Von Neumann probes collect as they wander the stars. However, the Von Neumann collective may wish to assist Black 19 in it's goals, what ever those may be. After all, it's demise would surely be a blow to the Von Neumann.
T-Von Neumann: Black 19, even though it is a humanoid, is still a Von Neumann machine. He is untrusted by the vast majority of people. Governments wish to hunt it down and capture it, while others simply wish to kill it for those people lost in battle against the Von Neumann. Thankfully, Black 19 possesses the iconic traits of all Von Neumann machines. The ominous hum. The colour and texture of its armour. The modular construction. The floating balls. The diamond shaped structure...

Please tell me if my traits/abilities are good, this system for traits\abilities is new to me.

The Von Neumann trait is mostly for fluff, and to make sure things stay interesting with peoples reactions, while the collective uplink is more of a personal plot.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:46 pm
Profile WWW

The point with the traits and abilities is that Traits are active powers and abilities are passive.
So a trait would be:
Mighty roar: Weaker enemies cower in fear.
While an ability would be:
Dextrous: +1 to difficult to operate machinery.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:35 pm

ONCE AGAIN, I COPYPASTA JOTUN

Name: "Jotun" (AMEC Corporate Security Frame, Designation 3-5-Maintenance)
Description: This droid seemed to be a mere expendable ship grunt, but as of late it's been acting disturbingly intelligent. You look into the visual communication screen that serves as its face, and see garbled reams of data flow into infinity. Any attempt to contact with it electronically is distorted beyond recognition. It speaks with a chorus of flat synthetic voices, each slightly different than the last.
Specialty:
Subspecialty:
Personal Items:
-Limited Use Nanite Repair Pouch (3/3) [built-in]
-RFID Security Identification Chip (built-in)
-Half-Pound of Scrap Metal (concealed in a chest hollow; potentially sentient robots are not usually allowed raw material)
Abilities/Traits:
A - Fractured Processing Arrays: once every ten rounds, the Jotun can focus on two actions at once. (player cannot control when it happens, though)
T - Modular Construction: though the Jotun starts off as a simple security drone, the AMEC 3-5 Mechanized Infantry Frame is very versatile, with great potential for improvement.
T - Infinite Machine: the Jotun does not think like you and I. It has a thousand shattered minds, all vying for true control.

wait, can we even use original characters?

sorry for being semi-overpowered; make any changes you deem necessary

Last edited by TheKebbit on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Awesome, so many replies in such a short amount of time.
Original characters are fine, maart3n has the right with traits and abilities (although it is admittedly vague to begin with).

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:18 am

Reserving a spot.
Gotta go out tonight will respond with character sheet after ten.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:25 am

wait, you said traits are passive things that determine how you fluff things up

the example from your OP was "T-Fearless: can face certain death without a blink."

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Gaaagh.

I made Von Neumann effectively a redundant copy of the uplink. Tweaking my char.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am
Profile WWW

uplink?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
uplink?

Gaaaaaaagh some more.

Uplink was the original draft name for the collective link my character has. It's basically meant to be my own sort of personal plotline.

I've kept my character as close as I can to the Von Neumann machines from SOTS. The only difference now is that Black 19 is a humanoid, and that the Von Neumann are space faring machines shaped like diamonds, and are code named Black 13.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 am
Profile WWW

As I said before, the whole Trait\Ability thing is pretty vague, even to me, and is pretty much just a guide line. I'm pretty sure everything will pan out fine.
I was expecting to get more humans, nothing wrong with that though, just my expectations.

Also, the first MPC has been selected, its none of you so don't get excited\worked up about it. If you're curious on how that will work, He'll roll like the other players but has a much stronger sense of story direction, He also has a much stronger influence on it. He's also a main character, so he's ALOT harder to kill, and he'll have a lot of fluffy text.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:06 am

Name: K'zan
Age: 199 (In human years, quite young in homelands years, also his 200th birthday is soon).
Description: Lived on a lonely planet (Jent'arg) mostly as an extremely skilled engineer, lost from his home planet, Xexlith. Was renowned throughout the whole of Jent'arg as the most skilful life form when coming to fixing things or creating things from seemingly nothing. K'zan is tall (6ft 3) and looks much like a human but there was always something different in the way he talked and the way his deep green eyes observed everything.
Speciality:
Subspecialty:
Equipment:
Credits: 29
Personal items:
- A spanner made from a special metal that is unknown to almost every planet, except Xexlith. It has properties such as when held by an Xexlithian it can be melded into different shapes with bare hands
-few pieces of scrap metal
-A tasty liquor stored in a flask
Traites and abilities:
T- Xexlithian hands- Can use engineering to fix almost anything that is mechanical
T- Wisdom- throughout the 199 years of living and traveling has gained extensive knowledge of many things in the galaxy
A- Spanner meld- can meld his spanner into different tools and melee weapons, +1 to skill when using spanners different forms as weapons.

He may seem op, but let me say he his really bad in combat situations and can barley swing anything but his wrench with any substantial force

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 am

Name: Jake Ledge
Description: Taller Human Male, gray looking hair, blue eyes and a sly smile. Comes from a colony not too far from Earth. Seems to know a lot about the other races of the galaxy and their customs.
Specialty:
Sub Specialty:
Equipment:
Personal Items:
-Trusty old revolver
-Holo Novel "Other Races of The Galaxy"
-Relic from another time
Traits\Abilities:
T-Maverick: Has connections in the criminal underground of the galaxy.
A-Gunslinger: +1 to using Pistols.
A-Smuggler: +1 to looting.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Roll -NA-
Quote:
"Captain?" asked a tentative female voice. "Are you sure about these people? We could still turn them, away, while some of them have adequate credentials, others are quite frankly-"
A stern but obviously weathered male voice cut her off "Did you know I've been on this ship for 58 years? 58 years." The Captain smirks and continues "They are perfect."
With a sigh, the assistant finished with "If you say so Captain." and left the room.

Moving his attention away from the six dossiers and back onto the small, unobtrusive hourglass that sat on his desk, he thought. In some ways he was lucky, not all men got to know the precise time they were going to die, at least not with certainty. Death certainly has a morbid humour.
With everything now in place he struck a match, and lit his last cigar. Then, pouring the last of his specially saved brandy into a glass, took one last look at the timer and said
"Just over an hour, I'd say."

Meanwhile~

The TS Windfall is currently in deep space, and remaining stationary to install extra security features, including a considerable amount of battle droids to make up for a significant loss of security crew, and a new power frame. A small shuttle has just warped in and docked at the administrative section of the ship, the 5 passengers are then let out and told to wait in the cargo bay, the Commander would see them in a moment.
Since there was very little communication on the shuttle, now would be a good time to introduce yourself to the others.

Last edited by Fail Flail on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next