View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Ecmnesia - The Final Installment 

Post Ecmnesia - The Final Installment
Code:
Define: ecmnesia
> A form of amnesia in which the patient can recall older events but not recent ones.

This is kind-of a (continuation of a) Choose Your Own Adventure game. It has a story line but it can be deviated from slightly. If you figure out what is happening, don't tell anyone.

GAME INFO
I didn't really think the beginning of the story/ies through with the two timelines, so I'm just combining them into one story to make it easier to write and to read. That means this will go for longer! Yay!

Can you guys give me some input into whether you want to 'play' this or not? 'cos if noone is going to play, I won't bother writing it.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Ecmnesia - The Final Installment
I will, I kept up with your last couple easy enough.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

I'd hate to see a promising bit of story go to waste. I'll try and keep up with it if you're willing to write it.

I absolutely am! See next post :3

Still in progress? I'm editing this post because I don't want to interrupt, but I'm still watching this.

I was kinda waiting for input, then realised that I don't really need any for the explanation. Mah bad.

Last edited by Nighthawk on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 pm

IWILLNOTFORGET

Alex rubs his hand over his head and onto his neck as he walks to the front door. Through the peephole he sees a tall prim-looking woman with black hair.
"Open up, Alexander. You know it's just us. Matthew and Katrina are here."
Alex turns the deadlock and opens the door. Simone walks straight in without a word, followed by Katie and Matt. A man he hasn't seen before stands guard-like by the car.

"Hi Alex! Where have you been?" exclaims Katie.
"Hey, uh, well ... you wouldn't believe me if I told you."
"I believe that the two of us have a similarly unbelievable tale as well, however Simone wishes to explain the situation to us. " Matt replies.

"In here please! The three of you!"

Alex, Katie and Matt troop into the dining room. Simone has unfolded a small map of the state and border towns. She prods a finger at the map between towns.
"We are here, if you didn't figure that out already. We need to go here, where Phoebe and Thomas live."
"Sorry, why are we going to Phoebe and Thomas?" asks Katie.

Simone stands back and folds her arms.
"Why do you think? You three, particularly Alex, have the skill to become Seekers."
"... would you explain what Seekers are?"

Simone shakes her head and mutters something about Mary.
"Well, let's start at the beginning then, shall we? Have any of you heard of Zebediah?"

Everyone shakes their head and looks at each other.

"My goodness. Fine. Many years ago, a Man and his Wife came to this place in refuge. Here, they had two sons - whom were named Zebediah and Joseph. As the brothers grew, they were taught the secret art of Thread-crafting and Seam-making. Zebediah was trained by his Mother, whereas Joseph by his Father. One night-"

"Wait, would you explain Thread-crafting and Seam-making for us?" interrupted Matt.
"You ... you don't know? How can you not know? Do you know about the Seers?"

"No-"
"No..."
"Yes."

"Alexander, good. I expected so, but I believed you, Matthew and you, Katrina to know as well."

"So who are the Seers then?"
asks Katie.

Simone sighs deeply and motions for them to shoo.
"Sit down. This will be a lengthy telling."

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:10 pm

IWILLNOTFORGET

"As I just said, many years ago a Man and his Wife took refuge here with their two sons. Joseph, the older of the two, decided to call a duel between them without notice of their parents. Zebediah fought bravely but ultimately Joseph got the better of him. As Joseph stood over Zebediah, their Father stood between them and congratulated Joseph before taking him away and leaving Zebediah beaten and bruised.

The next morning, their Mother found Zebediah lying there near-death from the cold and took him inside. Father and Joseph had disappeared.

As Zebediah grew older he began to realise that his brother had not attacked him out of anger or hatred, but out of jealousy. He was jealous of the relationship between Zebediah and their Mother - their Father was a cold, hard man - always giving criticism and never love.

Zebediah decided that he must forgive his brother - for it was not his fault that their Father walked the edge of cruelty and compassion.

Years passed before he found his Brother again, but his Brother was no longer of a right mind - he was psychotic, aggressive - and had gathered a group of followers around him. Zebediah forgave his Brother then and there, but Joseph turned his men on him and he fled for his life.

Zebediah returned to his Mother and they too gathered followers and began teaching them the ways of Thread-crafting and Seam-making. These people were called the Seers - in reference to what they knew was going to happen. Their opposition were named Black-eyes in reference to their battles fought and to-fight."

Simone pauses to catch her breath.

"Now to the Arts. I will begin with the revelation that you should already know but don't:
The World as we know it is false. We do not know how or why, only that every two-thousand and twelve years, on the twelfth of the twelfth, the current World ceases to exist and a new one is created in its place to begin anew."

She let's the gravity of that statement sink in before continuing.

"We do also know two more things: that a dangerous man named the Cyclist is responsible for the so-called 'cycling' of the World, and that he is somehow related to or working with the Black-eyes and Joseph."

She straightens her back and clears her throat.

"Thread-crafting and Seam-making. Threads are what makes up the entirety of the world, similar to science's matter, and Seams are the boundaries between each Thread. Thread-crafting is a skill known only to the Seers and is used to manipulate the World at will. For example:"

Simone turns and raises a hand at the wall. It shimmers for a moment and then the wallpaper ripples from one side to the other and changes patterns. She lowers her hand and sighs.

"That is an example of Chameleonism, the most simple of Thread-crafting. There are many Skills to Thread-crafting, as it is an unlimited ability for all intents and purposes.

Seam-making, on the other hand, is a very delicate and intricate act. Only the most experienced even attempt it, if they are ever actually able to. Myself, I am not able to. Chadd is a lucky one, in that respect, but he is a weak Thread-crafter - that may be a trade-off.

Seams, then. Seams as mentioned are the boundary between Threads and as such allow for the freedom to create anything that you wish. And I mean anything. I do not know much about it, but you can ask Chadd when you see him next."

The three of them look at each other expectantly.
"Any questions or curiosities?"

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"What do we have to do with any of this?"

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 pm

"... If the Black Eyes are still around, what are they after? And why would they and this... Cyclist want to re-create the world over and over again?"

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I swear I saw a dude on a bike earlier..."

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:46 pm

IWILLNOTFORGET
Simone raises an eyebrow at the Matt's question.

"You three have EVERYTHING to do with this! Each of you has the potential to ... to ..."
She holds her palm to her forehead and sighs heavily.

"I will have to explain it in more depth later. Katrina?"
Katie asks her question.
"Ah, well I suppose I have to explain it now then. Yes, well...

... the Black Eyes are the security force of the Cyclist. He and They know that we exist and continue to fight - as we have done for as long as our history tells us. The histories tell us that the Cyclist only Cycles the world as a last resort to keep command, which leads us to believe that we will and always will get *this* close to winning the fight between Us and Him. Our goal is to break past that barrier of the Cycle and take command from Him.

Now you, Alex."

Alex asks the last question.

"... the only person I can think of who rides motorcycles is Mary. She has a fondness for them and her tight leather costumes."
Simone rolls her eyes - which looks quite strange considering her posh, regal demeaneor.

"Anything else?" She asks while examining one of her nails.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:31 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Where do we start?"

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

"..."

(Nothing more to be said!)

Tue May 08, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't think I'm going to continue this, I just have too many other things to do.

-LOCKED-

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]