View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Legends of the Sky 
DRLGrump

Post Re: Legends of the Sky
Alright guys, this is gunna suck. Aim to kill. If it looks like we might not beat them, find something to hold on to.
Attempt to rotate the ship so the weapons are pointing at a ferret. Fire! if I can.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 am
Loose Canon

Aight, rolling tonight. Also watching Thor.
FAIL FLAIL. GOD DAMMIT MAN.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

FFS, Izen and Fail Flail, COME ON GUYS.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:32 am
Profile WWW

I was in Southeast Asia for three months. I did say I would be in the forumn games lounge.

>Take a stab at one of the light barriers, if I can reach

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:03 am
Loose Canon

Wow it's been a month.
Ok, rolling!

Miggles (Robert Wright) [9]:
You've done all that you can to repair the ship without a drydock, or at least a few quiet hours where the ship isn't moving. You instead make your way to the captain's cabin, ready to help James however you can.
Considering he's on the ground and piloting via mind control, you think he could use some assistance.
"Alright guys, this is gunna suck. Aim to kill. If it looks like we might not beat them, find something to hold on to.
Hey. Rob. I can't see, point us so our guns are facing those flying rats."

"Aye aye."

Taking the ship's wheel, you spin it around 90 degrees to starboard so that the bank of cannons is facing the damn ferrets. Odd that your group's never used them before, they ARE sort of your primary weapon.
"Weapons aimed."
"FIRE!"

Triple blasts of thunder burst from the side of the ship, and two high pitched shrieks of pain are heard along with a loud electric shattering sound. Out the window, you see that two of the cannons were dead on, punching right through the ferret barriers. And ferret bodies.
The middle one, the only one whose barrier held, releases it and flies downward to catch his falling and wounded bretheren.
"It worked captain, we've got a clear route out of here."

Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [9]:
You stand at the ready, the talking greatsword held between you and the ferrets, when suddenly the ship shifts, turning rapidly to the right. Moments later, the cannons on the side facing the ferrets go off in unison, and from your position you can see that two of the damn flying beasts are hit, badly. Damn, big holes in their torsos, that's going to leave a mark. The two wounded ferrets drop off, unable to keep flying, but the third also drops its shield and dashes down to catch his comrades.
Lucky break.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [8]:
You'd like to take a stab at the ferrets, but you'd have to throw your spear to do so, and you don't feel like losing it just this moment. Suddenly the ship shifts, turning rapidly to the right. Moments later, the cannons on the side facing the ferrets go off in unison, and from your position you can see that two of the damn flying beasts are hit, badly. Bad wounds of both of them, they can't fight with those. The two wounded ferrets drop off, unable to keep flying, but the third also drops its shield and dashes down to catch his comrades.
Well that makes your job a bit easier.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [3]:
Well, Rob's not fixing things anymore, so you can't really help him. You CAN however see the thing flying over towards the ship. It's...
Hmm. It looked like another Seeker from a distance, but... no, that's too small to be a Seeker. Hmm. A person, you think. A small person.
Wait, is that the girl?

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [4]:
You'd like to bring the fight to these ferrets, but you can't see ♥♥♥♥ right now. Thankfully, Rob shows up.
"Alright guys, this is gunna suck. Aim to kill. If it looks like we might not beat them, find something to hold on to.
Hey. Rob. I can't see, point us so our guns are facing those flying rats."

"Aye aye."

He takes the wheel and spins the ship around what feels like 90 degrees.
"Weapons aimed."
"FIRE!"

You give the mental command, having the cannons on the Starboard side point towards enemies and fire, one per ferret. A gigantic blast shakes the ship and makes your ears ring, followed almost immediately by two overlapping shrieks of pain and a loud noise something like breaking glass mixed with crackling electricity.
"It worked captain, we've got a clear route out of here."

Character

Game Events: The approaching winged figure swoops down toward the ship, barely giving those on deck enough time to see that yes, it IS Sera, before she flies down into the gaping wound of a hole in the deck, disappearing into the bowels of the ship. Sedraxis asks.
"...What is she doing?"
You get an answer a moment later as the ship sputters, dropping several feet.

"Captain, problem, main engine is offline!"

The Storm Sylph floats uncertainly again as the crew looks at each other in shock and fear. A ship should only do that if the engines stop getting power. Then suddenly, the Storm Sylph falls again, and this time it doesn't stop. The entire ship plummets downwards, all engines offline, wind whipping across the decks, crewmembers outside holding on to the railing for dear life and making peace with whatever gods they may worship.
They breach the bottom of the cloud layer that divides the Lower Sky from the Great Sky, and begin falling down through the sky that they are more used to. Not that it will help them any if they recognize it the sky or not.

Suddenly, a voice speaks in all of their heads.
Hold on, and for god's sake have something to land on.
A few moments pass, and suddenly the ship experiences a great deceleration. The crew all slams into the deck as it instantly goes from a full plummet to a controlled slowing of their drop, until the Storm Sylph eventually comes to a halt at normal ship cruising height. Sedraxis, still glued to the railing and hyperventilating, weakly looks downward, and notices...
Huh. That's... interesting. A giant pair of flat, glowing wings made of energy below the ship. He's pretty sure that's not a standard feature.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:52 am
Profile WWW

"Captain? The ship has wings!"
>Move away from the railing. Just in case.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:31 am
DRLGrump

Guess we were due for an upgrade. Sera, wanna lemme know what exactly the capabilities are of these bad boys?
Quickly test out the new wings, and then start sailing in a Northeast direction.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:46 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Am I out of a job now?"
> Investigate the wings.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

ACTION YOU ♥♥♥♥.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:52 am

"Whoa, they said you were either born with wings or not! How the hell did you give the ship wings Sera? "
marvel at the wings.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:48 am
DRLGrump

FAIL FLAIL YOU ♥♥♥♥

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm
Loose Canon

Fail Flail is sick Tomaster.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:21 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

And that means you can't look at a computer screen?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:20 am
Loose Canon

oh snap
Rolling.

As the crew wonders what exactly just happened, Sera floats up on to the deck. Before in the square, when James gave her his magic power, she had a just one single large wing. Now, she has four, and each of them is twice the size of the one that she had earlier.

"Captain? The ship has wings!"
"It WHAT?!"
"Wings, sir! Big glowing magic wings, big as the ship itself!"
"...Troy didn't mention THAT."
"That's because I made those."
"Whoa, they said you were either born with wings or not! How the hell did you give the ship wings Sera?"
"Going to pretend you didn't actually ask that."
"Guess we were due for an upgrade. Wanna lemme know what exactly these bad boys are capable of?"
"...Since it's you."

Sera floats a barrel up out of the ship, directing it with a hand, and sets it on the deck, on the bow side of the hole. She then sits down on the barrel, doing her best to look intimidating. It halfway works, but is spoiled by the fact that it's an 8 year old girl in a dress.

"Your ship has a big magic crystal as its engine. A BIG crystal. Like, stupid big. A crystal that size can hold a lot of magic, and you've all heard that I can absorb magic."
"Wait. You drained the main engine crystal?!"
"Yes. It was delicious."

Rob pales at this.
"IT'LL TAKE A MONTH TO RECHARGE THAT!"
"Mmm, that sounds about right. I can probably run for several months on what I got from you, assuming I don't get in any big fights like back there. We're lucky actually, I only had about another minute of run time left after the mess I made in the square.
...Where was I. Oh yeah, wings.
The wings, I made. I control them, and without your power source, you guys aren't going anywhere unless I tell the wings to take you there.
Bright side is, they run a lot better than your old engine system, so while I'm carrying you lot around it'll be a lot faster."

Everyone goes quiet for a bit. They don't really know how to process being saved by, and now being at the mercy of, a tiny four winged angel girl.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Well, on the one hand, I can't really say too much, since you did save our asses. On the other hand, I'm not sure how much I like being at the beck and call of someone else. The captain of a ship's word is supposed to be law for those on the ship. And, seeing as we still have a mission to complete, I certainly hope you're not going to be trying to stop us from carrying out our orders.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next