View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Legends of the Sky 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky
:3

Miggles (Robert Wright) [9]:
You scratch your nose.

Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [4]:
You tense up as the old man's chanting comes to a close, sensing the vital moment is approaching.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [3]:
You also scratch your nose.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [4]:
You squint in annoyance. Those words of the old man. They're slightly magically charged. It's annoying your senses. Quietly, you begin to gather mana in your hands, and you feel them gently heating up as it leaks out a bit. You're not sure how long before one of the hundred or so guards notices though. Thankfully, something else happens first.
Specifically, your newly appointed captain.

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [7]:
"Hey, quic-"
"Quiet."

...Well then. That was kinda rude. Cmon Gen, thought we were friends. Even offered to share my drink!
Eh, whatever. You chalk it up to it being an important ceremony. You chug the rest of the booze, and Gen glares at you, but says nothing.
"Sorry, Gen."
"I said-"

You effortlessly lift the gigantic, muscular hand out of your way, and dash forwards, almost falling onto your drunk face as you approach the small girl on the other side of the Rhino's hand.
"Hey Shera, guess what."
She looks up at you with little fear and a lot of confusion.
"WHAT ARE YOU-"
"I'm MAGICAL wasted!"

And then you pat her on the head.

Character

Game Events: The eagle-headed guards spring into action, forming a defensive position in front of the elder. Gen reaches for James and Sera. Many Seekers dash forwards to stop James.
The pedestal explodes.

James staggers backwards as all the magic powering his Drunken Brawler is abruptly sucked out of his body, and he falls on his ass as his body suddenly has a thousand times less strength. In front of him, Sera's eyes widen and shift color to a pale purple hue, and her right wing grows much larger, easily as big as the girl herself, a huge increase from the tiny wings she normally has.
"Thank god."
A shockwave of magical wind bursts out from the girl, ignoring the 5 adventurers and hitting the eagle-headed ones, the Elder, and Gen. The gigantic rhino is the only one not sent flying, and he raises his axe high, readying a strike to end it in one blow.
"Hey. Guardsman. I'll cut you a deal."
Gen stops momentarily.
"You don't touch me, I don't touch you. Deal?"
Though it was just a simple sentence, the entire square shakes ominously with a frightful power. Everyone can tell this girl means business.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Oww. Sorry Gen. I told you I had a job to do, and I'm not dying today. Sera, I dunno how you're planning on leaving, but we could use some help.
"All Hands On Deck!"
If that doesn't work, try and get my ass back up, and get ready for the incoming onslaught.

Hokay, again, if you're not using magic at someone trying to murder you, throw the spells at Sera. She'll absorb them, and it'll keep her stronger longer. Somehow I doubt HK's gunna let "All Hands On Deck!" work.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:10 am
Loose Canon

Ahahaha oh my god I totally forgot about that. It very well may work, actually! Wouldn't teleport Sera though.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

That's what I was banking on. I have the oddest feeling she'll be OK.
Sera, if this works, meet us back at the ship.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:14 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Try to focus my electrical hands into some form of ranged energy, and throw that to Sera.
"Sera! You can eat magic or something right? Use some of mine! Good luck!"

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:42 am
Profile WWW

Use all available magic-borrow some from sera if necessary-and torch the square in the general direction that does not include friendlies. This includes Gen.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm

>If the all hands on deck fails, fall back to the ship. If it does work,

"Sera! Can you lend a hand with fixing the ship? I'm fairly sure it's not flyable in its current state..."

Pray that she didn't have a total alignment flip.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm
Loose Canon

Oh my god I have all the actions I can die happy

Miggles (Robert Wright) [4]:
"Sera! You can eat magic or something right? Use some of mine! Good luck!"
You try to throw your Jumper Charge at Sera, but it fails, since you need to be physically touching something for Jumper Charge to travel into it. Before you can run over to the girl, James activates All Hands on Deck.

Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [7]:
"Sera! Can you lend a hand with fixing the ship? I'm fairly sure it's not flyable in its current state..."
"As if I know how."

;__;
And then, you are teleported back to the ship.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [1]:
You don't really do anything before getting teleported.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [7]:
You push through your Dark Burn, pulling as much magic as you can, and forming another ball of fire (7 - 4 + 1 = 4). It's not huge, but it's all you've got right now. You let loose, firing a beam of flame towards the old man and his guards, now a significant distance away. Sadly, EVERYONE around the platform has been blown out of reach of your fire, and you sure as hell aren't going to torch the rhino who could probably step on you.
Then, you let go of your fire as you feel a teleport take hold of you.

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [3]:
"Oww. Sorry Gen. I told you I had a job to do, and I'm not dying today."
"You aren't going anywhere, child. I won't touch the girl, but you lot are still prisoners."
"Sera, if this works, meet us back at the ship."

She just gives a thumbs up high over her head, as she turns away to face the crowd of guards.
You then activate the Captain's Pendent, and the power of your ship opens a hole in the fabric of reality, sucking the five of you back to your vessel, to protect and serve.

Character

Game Events: The five crewmembers are deposited rather unceremoniously on the deck of the ship. Far in the distance, in the city center, a very large explosion is seen and heard, and the ground rumbles even this far away.
They weren't kidding about Sera being strong. Hmm. It'll take several turns for Sera to get here, if she's coming. What will you do?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:24 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

"Alright, here's the deal guys. We need to get out of here ASAP. That's the number one priority. Robert, get your ass below deck and get to work on fixing the lines that have been severed. We need as many flotation devices up and running as possible. Mareikura, Grif, Sedraxis, I need y'all on watch. We need to get out of here before the guards see us. Charlotte, I need you to get as high as possible so we can see them before they see us. If we see Sera first, we'll wait for her. If we see guards first, we're getting outta here before they see us. I'm gunna be up at the helm. If this doesn't work, get ready for a fight."
Chug a magic potion to pep me up. Get over to the helm, reload my cannon, and wait.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Aye aye."
> Go below deck and assess the situation with the ship. Do as best as possible to get it in working order.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 am
Profile WWW

Man whatever on board weapon is aimed in the general direction of the city.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:36 am
Loose Canon

FAIRU FRAIRU

Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

SCREW IT, ROLLING.

Miggles (Robert Wright) [7]:
"Aye aye."
You head below deck, intending to ♥♥♥♥ the ship.

A few minutes and several Jumper Charges later, you've got an assessment. The ship had multiple flotation generators, 15 in total. 6 on the belly, 3 on the rear, 2 on the starboard and port sides, and 2 on the front. Tannarus's attack severed the lines to 1 belly gen, both front gens, and one port gen. Those are decently easy fixes. You have extra lengths of line, and replacing them isn't too hard.
The real problem is that it also destroyed four of the belly gens. If repaired, the ship will be operating at 1/3 of its normal lift capacity. You have no idea if it can even fly with that little. Well, no use worrying about it for now.

You head to the hold and get a spool of line, then hustle down to the breach, and get to work. It's a pretty simple matter, really. Cut off the broken end of the line, weld a new length of line to the broken end, route it around the hole so it's not just hanging out the bottom of the ship, and attach it to the other burnt end the same way.
Within a few minutes, you've got the belly gen and one of the front gens back online (7 + 2 = 9).
You're really lucky that the engine didn't get hit. Smart as you are, you have no idea how to fix it yet.

Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [1]:
"Aye aye!"
You, Sedraxis, and Mare head up to the deck, and keep watch.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [1]:
*sigh* "Aye aye."
You, Grif, and Mare head up to the deck, and keep watch.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [5]:
You head up to the deck with Grif and Sedraxis, avoiding the gaping hole in the deck, and keeping an eye on the city. You can see many small dots, probably Seekers, flying around in the sky above the city, and occasional flashes of light. Seems like she's putting up a good fight.
Nothing's coming your way yet. Yet. Well, the only ones who know you all teleported back to the ship were at ground zero, so it'll probably take a while for anyone to come for you.
Hopefully.

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [9]:
"Alright, here's the deal guys. We need to get out of here ASAP. That's the number one priority. Robert, get your ass below deck and get to work on fixing the lines that have been severed. We need as many flotation devices up and running as possible. Mareikura, Grif, Sedraxis, I need y'all on watch. We need to get out of here before the guards see us. Charlotte, I need you to get as high as possible so we can see them before they see us. If we see Sera first, we'll wait for her. If we see guards first, we're getting outta here before they see us. I'm gunna be up at the helm. If this doesn't work, get ready for a fight."
You then are helped back to the captain's cabin by Sedraxis and Grif. You still can't really move. BUT. You ARE ready to ship out at a moment's notice!

Character

Game Events: The situation in the city remains about the same. Beams of light and explosions are frequent, meaning the battle is still raging. It'd be nice to know what exactly was going on, but that would require being part of the fighting.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Patch up the whole in the floor and fix the port gen.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:08 am
Profile WWW

Wait, which way is the ship facing? Towards the city right? Because that would mean the harpoon canon would also be facing that way.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next