View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next
 Legends of the Sky 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky
Ooh, you guys got a really good roll this time.
Ragdollmaster (Troy) [10]:
"ROUND 2!"
You hop back up to your feet, spin around, and dash up the stairs two at a time. When you get up to the deck, there are several tentacles firmly gripping your ship. One of which is on fire, and has some crushed railing under it.
"NO ONE DAMAGES MY SHIP."
You unsheathe your sword and build up a charge of energy into the blade. When you can feel it start to overflow out the blade, you swing viciously three times, sending three bright blue blades of energy flying off the blade, towards the tentacle opposite the burned one. The Moonlight Splinters hit the same area on the tentacle at different angles, inscribing a large bloody star into the flesh of the tentacle. It flails in pain for a moment but doesn't let go.
"RUN! ♥♥♥♥ RUN!"
You notice that you're panting a bit. Three Moonlight Splinters took more out of you than expected...

Character

Miggles (Robert Wright) [10]:
You don't see anyone touching the other tentacles, or more importantly THIS tentacle, and so you run up and lay both hands on the slippery skin of the tentacle Troy just carved a few cuts into. You activate your Jumper Charge, and a loud crack of electricity sounds as several bright bolts of electricity arc from the back of your hands, over into the tentacle. The tentacle pulls away, spasming wildly, and you see that there are now a set of blackened handprints on the tentacle's skin, along with the cuts from the Moonlight Splinters.
The tentacle rapidly retreats below the ship.

Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [8]:
Troy and Robert are getting their tentacle pretty killed. Hmm... You take out your rapier, face the burned tentacle and as quickly as you can stab the tip repeatedly. The tentacle flexes with a shudder, a stream of blood spurts from one of the wounds, and it finally lets go, retreating away from the pain.
"I think it got my point."

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [9-1=8]:
You pull yourself together, and manage to get up to the deck. Hmm. There's... tentacles. On the deck.
You feel that you should help out somehow.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [2]:
You ready a stream of fire (2+1=3), then fire it at the tentacle that Troy and Robert attacked...
It ran away before your fire could hit it. You turn around and launch another stream towards the one that you burned before.
It runs just as soon as you fire a blast of flame.
"Dammit, twice! Get back here so I can burn you!"

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [3]:
You trade out your blunderbuss for your sword, and charge one of the unharmed tentacles. It releases its grip for a moment, then flexes and regrips the ship. Incidentally, it does this in a perfect way to hit you in the face. You guy flying back across the deck.

Character

Game Events: The two remaining tentacles on the ship both release their grip for a moment to get a better grip, then all the suckers covering the tentacles attach to the ship. A series of loud crunches are heard as the small beak in each sucker clamps down on the wood of the ship. The entire Storm Sylph then dips as the tentacles pull downwards.
"♥♥♥♥! HOLD ON!"
But the crew need not worry about being pulled down. It quickly becomes apparent that the octopus isn't trying to pull the ship down, it's trying to pull itself up. In fact, it does. A massive shape soon appears in front of the ship, looming over the small vessel. It's at least a hundred feet wide and 150 feet high. And this is just the head. Four more tentacles come into view, looming up over the front of the ship, while the two still attached to the ship keep their hold tight.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile WWW

"First I puke my guts out violently, and now there's a giant flying squid attacking the boat?"
"I can tell this is going to be the best day."

>Reluctantly grab weapon, stab a tentacle.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:56 pm

"Oy, try to distract it! Robert, come with me! I'm going to hit him with the harpoon gun and I'll need you to shock the line!" >Activate RAMMING SPEED, then go up to harpoon gun platform

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Take a defensive stance and wait for the tentacles to come to me.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:32 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Goddamn it! Why'd I leave my gun at home? (to James) Ah, gimme that, will you? I used to be a real sharpshooter, ya know? I won the Gunslinger Award at the fair a few years back."
>Persuade James to letting me borrow his gun, if successful, shoot at the eye of the sqyuid.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:41 am
Profile WWW

Electrify which part of the squid gets into range.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 pm
DRLGrump

BUNDERBUSS TO THE EYE

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 pm
Loose Canon

BLUBLUBLUBLUBLU ROLLING

Ragdollmaster (Troy) [9]:
"Oy, try to distract it! RAMMING SPEED!"
The Storm Sylph leaps forward as two large magical capacitors dump energy into the energy, giving the ship a huge burst of speed. The tentacles keep their grip on the ship, but they don't prevent it from moving. The ship rams into the Sky Octopus's face, but the squishy body absorbs most of the impact. The ship is now extremely close to the creature.
"Robert, come with me! I'm going to hit him with the harpoon gun and I'll need you to shock the line!"
The two of you then run belowdecks to the harpoon. At this angle and distance, it's pretty much physically impossible to miss.

Character

Miggles (Robert Wright) [6]:
"Goddamn it! Why'd I leave my gun at home? Ah, gimme that, will you?"
Before James can object, you appropriate his gun, and aim it at the large round head of the sky octopus. Damn, its eyes are on the side of the head, you can barely hit them from this angle. You fire anyway, and the spray overlaps with what little part of the eye is exposed to you.
The creature barely notices your shot, but the ship then rams forward at high speed, hitting the octopus and throwing James to the ground.
"Damn!"
You give the gun back to James, then follow Troy down below decks.
Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [5]:
You grab onto the railing for safety, and just in time, as the ship zooms forward unexpectedly. Thankfully, the tentacles have not attacked yet. The beast still seems to be getting its bearings of the situation.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [4-1=3]:
"First I puke my guts out violently, and now there's a giant flying squid attacking the boat?"
"I can tell this is going to be the best day."

You grab your spear, but the ship suddenly moves in a violent and bad way, requiring you to grab onto something or risk falling down like James.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [6]:
Well you mostly focused on Fire when you were learning magic, but you also made sure to at least SKIM the other elements. To not do so would be foolish.
You run up to one of the tentacles still gripping the boat, lay both hands on it, and concentrate on electrical magic. The flesh of the tentacle twitches beneath your hands, and you can feel the electricity flowing into it, but you have no idea if this is actually doing anything. You probably need something bigger than what feeble knowledge of this branch of magic you have.

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [1]:
You take careful aim at one of the tentacles still gripping the ship, squeeze the trigger, and notice that you aren't holding your gun anymore.
Then the ship jumps forward, throwing you to the ground. And to add insult to injury, someone throws your gun down onto your chest, knocking the wind out of you.
"YEAHTHANKS."

Character

Game Events: The Sky Octopus keens a bit, then starts making short, loud quick noises. After 5 or 6 of these, it gives one especially large one, and several small holes on its body open up, and streams of a thick dark blue liquid spray out toward the ship.
They splash over the deck and cabin, and seem to give off smoke or steam as they fly through the air. A stream hits the deck close to both James and Mare, but neither actually hits them.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

"Did- Did It actually just do what I think it did, it wasn't just me who saw that right?"

Make a mental note to keep Charlotte well away from the strange tentacle creature, also more Swish Swish Stab.

Why is it always tentacles (T_T)

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:47 pm

"GO GO GADGET HARPOON! ROB, SHOCK THAT LINE AS SOON AS IT GOES IN!"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:32 pm
Loose Canon

Fail Flail you do know that octopuses can spray ink to scare predators, right?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
The Sky Octopus keens a bit, then starts making short, loud quick noises. After 5 or 6 of these, it gives one especially large one, and several small holes on its body open up, and streams of a thick dark blue liquid spray out toward the ship.
I know squids shoot ink, but that really sounds like an innuendo to me. So after some sort of 'climatic sound', it shoots a thick steamy liquid over the ship, can you blame me for thinking that's a little sus? And it has tentacles, everyone knows what happens with tentacles and the internet.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:57 pm
Loose Canon

Coughing.
As in, you just punched it in the lung with your ship, and now it's catching its breath.
Anything that could wind it like that would count as a predator.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not buying it. -_-

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:51 pm
Loose Canon

I'm totally having the octopus ink you next turn.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next