View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Legends of the Sky 
DRLGrump

Post Re: Legends of the Sky
Doesn't matter, I don't intend on fighting. We're getting outta here. If we let the ferrets catch up, we're ♥♥♥♥.
Continue waiting on Sera.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:58 am

Offer Robert my help in repairing the ship's flotation devices.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Hehe... -_-' sry

Give my aid where most useful, and continue waiting on Sera

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:25 am
Loose Canon

Miggles (Robert Wright) [10]:
The hole in the deck is an easy fix, but not a quick one. It'll take a day just to fix one floor, let alone all of them.
The port gen though, that's another easy fix. You get it up and running again, and the ship now has full turning capacity again. Though non of the front gens are online, so if you need to reverse, well, ♥♥♥♥.
The docks are such that you need to back out. You guess you DO need to fix those frontal ones then.
Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [4]:
...♥♥♥♥. You see a couple Seekers coming this way. Still sounds of fighting coming from the city. They must have broken off to re-apprehend the escapees.
Hey. You guys barely fought off one of them. I don't think you can do it again, with half battle power and against... three? Yeah, three of em.
"...How can you see them?"
Magic, yo.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [10]:
*sigh* "Aye aye."
You, Grif, and Mare head up to the deck, and keep watch.

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [8]:
"Hey, Rob! Anything I can help with?"
"Uhhh... Can you make fire that's small enough to NOT burn the ship down?"
"Prolly not."
"Then no. Keep watch for now, you're like, the most capable fighter right now."

Cool.

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [1]:
You successfully wait for Sera to arrive. Sadly, your waiting is not successful in making Sera arrive.

Character

Game Events: Three Seekers have broken away from the brawl in the city, and are rapidly approaching the ship. They'll be here momentarily, probably to make sure the prisoners don't get away a SECOND time.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Robert, get to work on fixing our Reverse. We're gunna need it, ASAP. Sed, get ready to use that harpoon of yours. Hopefully we'll be outta here before they get here, but if not, looks like we'll hafta duke it out until ol' Dicky is done with the repairs. If anyone would like to borrow my cannon, go right ahead. And for the love of god, if you feel the ship start to move, find something to grab and hold on for dear life.
As soon as we've got a reverse thruster in operation, get the hell outta there.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Fix the frontal gens.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 am
Profile WWW

Set every flammable object on the port on fire in the hopes of slowing the seekers down.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

maart3n pls no that will end horribly

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 am
Profile WWW

>Get ready to leave, but be prepared for a fight if necessary.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:20 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I have a question.

Is it possible for the crew to raise the front of the ship independently from the rear?

If so, you don't need a reverse to leave the port if you put all power to the engines, you'll leave at an angle into the city. You might hit a house at first but once you can turn the ship you can get the hell out of there and fix the reverse afterwards.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

They COULD, except that they need all 2 of the bottom flotation generators they have just to fly.
They can't increase power to the front, and if they decrease power to the back they'll plummet. Hmm.
Well, they COULD go straight up I suppose, but there's a nonzero chance of hitting something if they do that. The space above the ship is mostly clear, but the space behind them is fully clear.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

ROLLING.

Miggles (Robert Wright) [10]:
Working more quickly this time, you reroute the lines for the two front lines. It's easier once you've done it before, and you think you're starting to get a knack for fixing things. You also note that up on deck Sedraxis is yelling and Mare is flaming, while your arms are getting goosebumps from the feeling of magic in the air. More than just Mare could pump out, too.
Character

Fail Flail (Grif Mason) [4]:
You unsheath Swordbro, holding the large blade in front of you, ready to dodge to one side in case of light blasts.
...This won't go very well, will it.
Calm down. Keep me between you and the blasts, and you'll be fine. I can block magic and ♥♥♥♥.

Character

Izen (Sedraxis) [10]:
You gulp loudly as the three ferrets approach the ship. Shiiit. Haltingly, you get out and raise your spear, hoping that you don't have to use it and knowing that you probably will.
Why does adventuring have to be so dangerous... How did you get wrapped up in this mess?
...Maybe if you get hit, your weird Purge magic thing will keep you safe. Or at least alive. It did when you got your hands burned...

Character

Maart3n (Mareikura) [5]:
Hmm. There's only a few crates around on the docks.
Well, and some civilians. Yes. Walking bags of fat and flesh. They would make a lot of billowing, black smoke. Perfect for a distraction, or to hide an escape.
Bad. Bad Mareikura. We do NOT burn people.
You immediately get to work, and attempt to throw a few fireballs at the crates lying on the docks (5 - 4 = 1), and you literally just manage to blast a bit of hot air.
THIS DAMN DARK BURN.

Character

Tomaster (James Tiber) [9]:
Through the magic of your captain's pendant, you feel that the ship's frontal flotation generators are back online; first one, then the other.
"ALRIGHT COCKSLAPS, HANG ON."
You active the bottom gens and the front gens, and with a lot of protesting and creaking of damaged boards, the wounded Storm Sylph lifts gingerly into the air. It then guns as much reverse as it can, rocketing out of the docks and destabilizing the ship. Panicking, you gun the ship forward again, negating your backwards momentum and tipping the ship back upright, barely. Jesus, this thing is hardly even flying, let alone stable!

Character

Game Events: The three seekers, though surprised the dead ship lives again, take places around the vessel and deploy large square barriers of light in front of them, not taking any chances with fighting the vagabonds who brought down the strongest Seeker of all. They're effectively arranged that they can block any sort of movement that isn't going back into the docks or cutting the engines entirely and plummeting down through the clouds. Of course, in the ship's damaged state, there's no guarantee it could pull back out of such a dangerous fall.
Izen sees something else approaching from the direction of the city, something that looks strangely like ANOTHER Seeker.
♥♥♥♥.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Assess any other damage to the ship and attempt to fix it in order of necessity.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW

Help Robert fix things.

Hey! I have a 2+ bonus to using magic in the first place!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:16 am
Loose Canon

You have 2 in the Magic stat. That's not a +2 to using magic.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next