View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Pioneers of space. (Always open) 

Post Re: Pioneers of space. (Always open)
Canis Minor

Continue all scientific processes for SciCorp, DefenseCorp, AttackCorp. Found a new research group. Call it MoveCorp. Assign Move Corp to redesign the old jump gates, using a copy of the prototype shield generator as the protection for a object in transit.
Im culling you at 4. This is getting silly.
SCICORP) Atmosphere based genetic engineering. Super humans!
Successful breakthroughs in this area of science have opened up genetic viruses that can re-write a persons DNA in almost any way. the amount of time taken depends on the facilities and modifications. The larger changes often causing the patient to go comatose while their body uses up vast amounts of energy.
DEFENCECORP) Continue work on absorbing incoming energy into the shields.
Reflective shielding reaches a successful prototype, the Type 44 "Glance" shields creates a pancake shaped area of force around the ship knocking away any projectiles that come into contact with it whilst generating a small amount of energy.
The shield has one main weakness and that is from the top or bottom. systems to rotate the shield can be added to craft, or two shiels however the weakspot will always be closest to the emitters.
ATTACKCORP) Twidding thumbs
MOVECORP) Type 12 Shielded pod.
The type 12 shielded pod, mounts a type 12 shield emitter onto a large fighter sized vessel. initial experiments are a success allowing more of the teleportation radius to be used. (since we can now get closer to the fusion reaction)

Leviathan Design : Wait for perfected particle cannons and shields. In the mean time, go over the design and make sure there are no silly weak spots. cough thermal exhaust port cough.
during the design meeting the mention of thermal exhausts prompts a glance between to of the engineers before one hastily mentions "yep, nothing of that sort" while quickly removing the current designs from the table.
More designing continues and particle cannon fittings are engineered. New systems for coolant are designed and two sets are put forward, one featuring fewer coolant ports favoring the "quieter" areas of the ship (on the hind quarters).
While another features LOTS of miniature cooling ducts throughout the ship. which decreases the ships armor (though still formidable) however removing one potential weak spot.

Add a few turreted particle cannon batteries to the orbital starbase. Ensure over lapping fields of fire.
If two turrets can hit a single target simultaneously, give someone a medal.
Two? try Three to five. designs are penned up and work begins on retrofitting the orbital starbase. resources are taken from the canis alpha project.

Continue constructing the manufacturing complex, we'll need it to produce the Leviathan during my life time.
work continues slowly, the workers spread too thin.

Order the fleet to stay. Only go when all allied forces are ready to move. This means Gehenna and Thimai
Fleet stays.

Form a special diplomatic board whose role is to make the relations between Canis and Gehanna closer.
Relations are fairly forthcoming between the two nations and trade continues.

Gungnir Industries

"Send over the scientists who were previously working on translating Hylian to help Gehenna."
The scientists borrow a can and head over supplementing their research on learning the Hylian language.

"Pump more resources into the GUNGNIR."
Resources are dumped into GUNGNIR as priority 1.

"Build me some orbital defenses for Freedoms Progress"
Basic orbital defenses are drawn up. various systems either mixed or focusing on missiles / flak / penetration cannons.

As a minor action,
Send over another frigate to G system

Gehenna

Put the Hylian decoding project on overdrive; pay metals and Arc-Armor to ship in linguistics experts from Canis if necessary and/or pay in an attempt to rent one of their supercomputers. Whatever it takes to get it done.
Research reinforcements from Gungnir are sent and the busy dock activity causes a slight delay.
during docking however a civilian freighter fails to disengage one of its clamps and is spun sideways, the ship colliding with the can and proceeding to smash it into one of the docks, Thankfully the passengers both inside the terminal and inside the Can are allright however the Can will require repairs.

Amplify the alchemical system by using an array of microfusion reactors (more reactions occurring at once) and rigging something with the wondrous propeties of Saatanium lasers (powerful enough lasers can theoretically incite precise fusion reactions on demand). Play it safe and watch for any runaway reactions, however.
Multiple reactors are added. boosting the output to around 10%.

Accelerate trading, commerce, and free travel by setting up massive container loading and storage docks equipped with automated cranes, while removing all locks between Canis and Gehenna space and terrestrial territories. Set up a chain of asteroid and deepspace navigation buoys for engine control systems to link with, thereby letting ships go between the two states faster, more efficiently, and with no risk of loss of direction.
Upgraded trading routes set by bouys provide simple and fast routes past the star. (bonus to trade between the two)

minor actions
Continue manufacturing of Swarmdrones. Name this model the Locust.
the first batch of locust drones are complete
Delegate corporate representatives to the joint Canis/Gehenna Diplomatic Cooperation Board.
The joint board meets with the Canis team and talks how to further strengthen trade begin.
Deliver a ton of metal to Gungnir.
A ton of metal is dispatched aboard a trader vessel.

Thimai

Build Medium interceptors to defend mining ships
A call for construction of medium interceptors is put forward and the order is placed behind the mining corvettes.

Build another colony ship so as to expand our glorious nation
Construction on another colony ship has begun and 50% of the parts are complete however it will require uses of the dock to have a final assembly.

Research assault pods/shuttles, and train a military for boarding actions
boarding pods are designed, aimed at a torpedo like approach with opening sides .
the defence force have allready begun training with them,.

Stationem XXVI

Send cans/cairns to Gehenna/Canis fleet, save 3 cans for use in probing.
The Strikecraft formation have arrived at the star and have joined the fleet.

>Send 3 cans off to systems L, D, and I like before, but now with extra entire turn usage!! HURRAY.
L : the Can discovers what looks like a fledgling colony defended by numerous strike craft. a pair of frigates can be seen edging out from behind a nearby asteroid.
D: The empty space at D contains a number of worlds, though the scanners on a Can are basic visual checks confirme 2 are devoid of life while one other is a confirmed and the last is unknown.
I : At I the Can broadcasts what appears to be nothing for a few moments before the image resolves to show the star mostly covered in black panels of some sort. it appears to be a partially built dyson sphere.

Verigon

Star building WASPS, Small unmanned building and fighter drones that will be controlled using a plugin based on the upgraded chips
Upgraded drones fitted with weaponry begin assembly the first set of 3 should be ready by the next turn.

Research Biotechnology and Nanotech.
Research into these two fields begins, however a tighter focus would speed things along considerably.

Research Liquid Hydrogen weaponry.
Liquid hydrogen weaponry though potent in closed spaces would require an aweful lot to flush out a ship, as well as the fact that many ships have bulkheads designed to stop air escaping in the event of a breech.

TITAN Automated Industries Hiveship Sigma

> Sigma: Divert additional processing power to securing those keycodes. Can't start an arms dealership without weapons, dammit!
With a final success the database is complete. Armaments up to frigate ship levels are unlocked along with designs up to frigate level.
Designs unlocked:
Light Interceptor
Heavy Bomber
Light Fighter
Command Corvette (more of a relay station per-se)
Carrier Frigate
Assault Frigate

> Freighter: Idle in orbit until the refinery, silo and loading arm are set up.
The surface refinery and storage facility is online and the Freighter shuttles NCM to the mothership.

Drones: Keeping calm and carrying on.

Destorian Outline

Your tribute is accepted, however your stay is to be debated. Ilos Kari is the name of this star, and to us.

Have the workers start construction on the basic connected buildings for the colony. No exposure to the outside environmental is required, except at sealed airlocks.
the colony begins to expand, like bubbles on rust from the colony ship.

Request a complete scan of the planet. As far down into the ground as possible.
now on the planet scanning equipment reads a nice crisp image.
Internally the planet is dying, though it will take a few thousand years still. The core is solidifying so there will be little tectonic activity. Mining prospects are good as the colony ships landing spot is in a natural trench.
Signs indicate it was once a planet with life though apart from you there is no such life left.

Order the researchers to find out if it is possible to create a temporary 'Eco Bubble' that can house the entirety of the colony. If so, have them start work on it.
work begins on the eco bubble, step 1 is getting the air enclosure working first.

Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

At least I can cover the four main directions of 4x tech trees :) Poor Psicorp will have to be reabsorbed, unfortunately.

SCIENCE.
SciCorp : Deploy the genetic engineering viruses. Modify them to increase the strength of the immune system dramatically.
Defense Corp : Congratulate them on their success. Order them to develop a power armoured suit for use by both starship crews and ground troops.
Attack Corp : Congratulate them on their fine work on the particle cannon project. Get them to start work on a range of ground weapons based off the particle cannon technology.
Move Corp : Continue work on redesigning the jump gate system.

Get the ship design bureau to consider the possibility of using the exhaust as a weapon system. Start designing the ships arsenal of weaponry and shield generator bay.

Get the destroyer shipyards in orbit to produce some generic components that could be used in the Leviathan.

Offer a defence contract to Ofnir Automotive if they can design a tough all terrain APC for use by ground forces.

Request a design for a science ship from any ship construction corporations.

EDIT: And one last thing I just remembered.
Send out some people to poll the population and find out what they think, how happy they are, what they want, etc.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Wed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile WWW

Time for war preparations!

>Make an army
>Expand breeding program for more soldiers
>Design and build guns, cannons, tanks and troop carriers

My war will peirce the heavens.
I hope.

Mon May 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Continue with colony construction.

Continue work on the eco-sphere.

Begin construction on the Goliath I cannons.

Mon May 21, 2012 8:42 pm

caek are we up to five actions now (make that eight with all them corps)

also i just realized i'm trading away metal and gaining nothing in return; more food/luxury goods plz

also also i really didn't intend for Swarmdrones to work that way; they are not measured individually, they are mass produced to attach to ships, kind of like a carrier's fighter complement, or this

Continue to translate the Hylian language. Do whatever is necessary (within reason) to complete the project.

For the alchemy project, implement the aforementioned precise Saatanium lasers into the fusion ignition system, allowing the system to more rapidly process molecules and with greater precision.

Begin heavy fortification of Gehennan territory. Affix heavy batteries of rail artillery, flak, and long-ranged missiles to Moloch Station and all orbital or asteroid-side holdings. Armor up Moloch Station by equipping it with powerful defense shields and an interlocking system of Arc-Armor, similar to the Pillbug in design.

The shields should be a layered system of cycling shields that violently slap away incoming fast objects or severe threats and several batteries of standard shields that simply absorb barrages of smaller projectiles.

minor actions
Fix up that Can.
Continue mass manufacture of Swarmdrones and ship them over to the Gehenna-Canis-Stationem fleet to be fitted to Gehenna and Canis frigates.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Mon May 21, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Continue researching biotechnologies. Cut nanotech for now.

Heat the liquid hydrogen to its natural center of a star temperature. Continue tests.

Construct factories for the WASP drone.

Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Psy you didn't finish my roll, you forgot to do the 2 other things. FIX IT DAMN YOU.

> Have cans investigate systems more thoroughly.
> Continue research on teleporters, now that the 2 relays from Canis have arrived.
> Produce more reactors.

Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 am
Profile WWW

GET OUT OF MY INBOX YOU OVERGROWN CYBORG SHRUBBERY. :roll:

> Start refining that solar sail.

> Run construction cost projections for various warbots and warships, production space/facility requirements, etc.

> Keep transporting and mining.

Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 am
Profile YIM

"More Gungnir"

"More moving a frigate over to G system(There should now be one normal (Sent last turn) and one stealth (Was the one to originally get there) at G system"

"More update my resources and pop (Not much I can do until the Gungnir is finished)"

Wed May 23, 2012 7:01 am

Location: Deep in the land where T-rex Wield Katanas and sniper rifles
Post Forum Games Game
So i have been browsing the forum games area and i have seen a lot of cool things and I thought about join pioneers of space but i don't know if psy is back or not and with how far people are into it i think joining it right now would be a bad idea. any help?

and i can't find the map did he remove it or something? :-(

Moved posts to proper topic.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:07 am

Post Re: Forum Games Game
Is GunmanRex another name for LucarioKiller or something

Either way you're probably better off PMing someone about this

SURPRISINGLY, NO.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 am

Frankly, I would like to join as well, but it seems that the thread is already so crowded that I might not get an open slot or sector, and it would be hard to keep track of all the actions. Will the game be restarted or...what's going to happen?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 pm

You know, what the heck. I'll join, but I'll need to know which system is open and whether I can join without being whooped by warmongers like Izen. If I can, I will most definitely join and get started a civilization. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be great. Thanks anyone that can be of some aid.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:28 am

I'm like 90% sure that this game is dead, and has been for several months.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 am

Should we try to revive it? Start a new thread so that the original players can go again with their previous nations? I'd do it but I prefer to play than DM.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next