View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next
 Pioneers of space. (Always open) 

Post Re: Pioneers of space. (Always open)
Waitin on Nono Entromiybo to act. (also just posted a few mins before this)

Also Fail Flail thanks for that, it'll be on the next map.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Build more ships.

Build more bombs.

Make more mans.

FTFY

Also, I'll sign up for this as soon as I can come up with a civilization and flag.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 pm

flags are optional; I managed to get in without one

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 am

guys how about you compromise and make the action

Build more mans.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:20 am

Image: Image
Colony: Thimai
Capital name: Uruk Prime
Colour: Blue
Ideals: "Breed, build, battle"
Bonuses: +1 military

And I'll colonize A.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 am

Izen, feel free to make your first 3 moves.
Your arrival point will be beside a ocean planet, an inhospitable irradiated rock of a planet is closest to the sun and a gas giant orbits in an oort cloud further out from the system.

Anyone seen Caek? looks like other games are waiting for him too. will give him another 12 hours.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I had lost my internet connection. I will edit this post with actions.

Continue surveying operations.

Power down the improvised reactor if necessary to increase the speed of the construction projects.

Grant SciCorps the authority to set up schools and academies for training new personal. Grant them free reign in scientific pursuits with no moral obligations. Request them to create a mechanical worker for use in various environments.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am
Profile WWW

Canis Minor

"Continue surveying operations."
Additional regions of space are mapped out. Though the endless reach of space contains little more for the taking.

"Power down the improvised reactor if necessary to increase the speed of the construction projects."
The primary reactor is left in its offline state and the crews are re-distributed to the myriad of other construction projects around the system. The Enlarged Refinery is completed and begins to draw energy from the reserve grid, paired with a larger manufacturing area productivity is increased. The Habitation towers are at 75% and colonists begin to move in (will complete next turn)

"Grant SciCorps the authority to set up schools and academies for training new personal. Grant them free reign in scientific pursuits with no moral obligations. Request them to create a mechanical worker for use in various environments."
SciCorps KIDS! is the first marketing strategy from SciCorp which receives a plethora of new minds to the cause. As well as adults entering the new academies. (+2 science!) The first class is already generating ideas and a modification of the Xdrone begins testing (next turn completion of tests) (next turn and onwards a slim chance for SCIENCE! to provide a discovery, more science points, higher chance)

Gungnir Industries

"Assign the moon as a production facility, get them to create another Can interceptor but prioritize the construction of 3 deep space probe"
The moon station is converted into a production facility, optimizing build queues and lines. Basic probes fitted with a sensor package are constructed, Work on a fresh Can Interceptor will start later (next turn till Can Completion) (+1 Industry)

"Send probes to
1: Check out the closest '?' system
2: Claim system F
3: Study the large scale movement at system H"
The 3 probes are launched via a Can Interceptor much like an unguided bomb. As probe 1 arrives at ??? it transmits a series of pictures and scan results before inexplicably going offline. Images show a small group of Interceptor ships around a pair of carrier or colony vessels. Scan results show them holding station around a glowing planet.
2 makes its way to System F. Though it will take (next turn) some time to arrive.
3 Launches towards System H. This one will also take time to arrive at its destination. (next turn)

"Use science to find a way to defeat the gorilla menace!"
Protocols are set in place along with colonists being armed with larger automatic rifles. The Gorilla Menace is quelled in immediate areas and appears to be retreating.

Gehenna

"Put the zero-G construction drones to work on assembling several barebones deep-space probes."
The Zero-G Construction drones manufacture 4 basic deep space probes. The probes are equipped with basic radio recorders and cameras.

"Using the land crawlers, initiate construction of molten asteroid habitation bunkers."
The land crawlers are deployed to the asteroids surface and begin construction of an asteroid habitat bunker. The first to be completed within the next few days (next turn) as the crawlers can only perform certain tasks at certain times of the day.

"Investigate the anomalous object retrieved from asteroid cracking. Assign the best men from SAAT to the project."
Work on the Anomalous object begins. radio scanning shows the basic form of the ship under the molten rock and SAAT Scientists begin to slowly remove the rock from the frame. A section of the ships plating is sent for analysis and extensive testing. results show the plating to be a combination of synthetic diamond and refined metals.

Nono Entromiybo

Build more ships.
Construction of the Medium interceptors begins, swaths of the population are dedicated to construction of your first fleet. as the first interceptors begin to take shape an accident in the fusion drive startup annihilates the first group of ships along with a number of people.

Build more bombs.
Construction of the bombs is slow as many of the population fears for their lives handing the dangerous chemicals. However the first batch is produced without incident. (+4 Stromm Anti-Oxygen Bombs produced)

Build more humans.
Sex laws put into place begin to take effect. 3/4 of the population have children and begin to populate Arrakis. Setting up more soy farms. A rogue scientist aboard the colony ship announces that he has apparently discovered the secret to cloning.

Thimai

Thimai arrives beside a ocean planet, an inhospitable irradiated rock of a planet is closest to the sun and a gas giant orbits in an oort cloud further out from the system.

Welcome Izen.

Updated icons for Canis Minoris and Gungnir Industries

Last edited by Psygnosis on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Recall the scout ships. Have the crews of 2 of the Interceptors disembark from their ships and be issued police equipment.

Consult engineers on the possibility of setting up a dam for a nearby river and the potential for a orbital shipyard.

Continue Science with SciCorps, discuss the possibility of the creation of a dedicated scientific complex secured underground.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile WWW

Yay for my awesome scienceing!

"Start designs for a military frigate hull"

"Expand colony by deploying farming drones and increasing infrastructure"

"Create a Laboratory on the space station (now called Lazarus Station) and name it "Omer Complimentary Division".
Give them a crap ton of funding and tell them to come up with useful stuff and ideas."

Meanwhile in regard to communication
"We come from a system in the Apian Crest, not much of a story to tell of how we got there, After the Legue of corporations deteriorated, Gungnir Industries took the initiative and left Earth. After Settling a rather large colony on a Nice garden world, a small majority of the company wanted to continue a bit further, so my division was created, got a grant and left."
But, more importantly, I would like to discuss the leviathan sized cloud of activity at system H. Do you have any information regarding it? We have a probe headed there as we speak, but it could be helpful knowing roughly what we're going to find. Regardless whether you have any or not, we will share our findings, out of good faith of our budding and hopefully prosperous relationship.

Am I the only one who is seriously freaking out about H?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Fail Flail wrote:
Am I the only one who is seriously freaking out about H?

I am also curious about what is going on at H.

But until we gain more strength, there is little that we can do.

If only there was a way to gain more actions in a turn. I could get a substantial amount of work done faster if I had 4 actions to do.

"Unfortunately, we lack any information on whatever activity is happening at the H system. Our SciCorps would be happy to assist with processing the information that you recover, if you would like our assistance."

I'd actually like to see more forum games like this one.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:32 pm
Profile WWW

Begin building orbital station around water planet.

Research possibly of colonizing irradiated planet, it may have minerals useful for fleet building.

Investigate surrounding systems.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 pm

in the H-FREAKOUT convo
"We are not exactly sure what is occuring at point H. To this end, we are deploying a small fleet of probes to investigate. They will be carefully coordinated; we hope at least one will survive approach regardless of open hostilities or environmental dangers."

Set one probe to explore open space, fixating on warp signatures and massive objects such as extrasolar planets. Set the other three to approach point H, one approaching the unknown signatures head on as a decoy, another flanking slightly, the last one making a looping turn around and approaching from behind.

Deliver one of our advanced zero-G construction drones to Canis Minor as a goodwill gesture. Manufacture a replacement.

Conduct further study on the (presumed archeotech) spacecraft. If at all possible, work up a way to replicate its armor plating using materials available from the asteroids.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm

caekdaemon wrote:

(missin nono so no roll, just FYI i roll at midday and midnight gmt)

As for more games like this there is a mecha one ive been thinking of. Might run it soon to either co-inside or just run alongside with this one.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Psygnosis wrote:
caekdaemon wrote:

(missin nono so no roll, just FYI i roll at midday and midnight gmt)

Throw him a PM?

That always seems to work.

Dunno about a mecha version of this. I was thinking more along the lines of a medieval style one.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next