View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
 Pioneers of space. (Always open) 

Post Re: Pioneers of space. (Always open)
Is it too late to join?

This looks very interesting indeed...

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:52 am

Ooooohhhhhh, The Hylians want F system.
"They plan to inhabit F system you say."
"F system"

"Admiral?"
"Ready the fleet!"
"...We don't have one sir."
"Then don't just stand there! Start building!!!"
"Yes sir!"
"And get Omer on the coms, I have a cunning plan..."

"Majorly increase the size of the production facility, preparing for a warship of a scale never before seen, dwarfing even that of the Hylians largest ships."

"Continuing with the 'baby boomer' policy, further increase colony size and allow for growth in the military and science sectors."

"Green light production on the drones and get OCD to work on plans for the new battleship codename: GUNGNIR"

Well, my plans changed quite rapidly.

Also, stop all broadcasting from F drone, I want it to sneaky sneak me information.

Also also, I'm pretty sure you're free to join Huntsman (It says always open in the title)

Edited: For minor grammer and the inclusion of a Blackadder reference

Last edited by Fail Flail on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 am

Huntsman wrote:
Is it too late to join?

It is never too late to join. You can take any unclaimed star (except for H or F) or the Anomaly in the top right. (the ? marks)

Also: i Has a pizza

PS: The whole colony not expanding on its own was due to the last game i played where every nation built massive navies very quickly, there was little colony based play involved.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 am

Makes sense.
After this... minor discrepancy I wish to play mainly around colony building anyhow.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Sweet, colony name: Xexelith
Colours: Black and green

Settle on system G.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Fail Flail wrote:
Makes sense.
After this... minor discrepancy I wish to play mainly around colony building anyhow.

thats not a problem, different websites have different kinds of user bases.
Also Huntsman feel free to add 3 actions to your intro. were just waiting on Mr Wood.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Psygnosis wrote:
Also Huntsman feel free to add 3 actions to your intro. were just waiting on Mr Wood.

Will do,
(oh yea i pick science) Looks like i need something big if i want to stay in this game...
Scan for a planet that i can inhabit
Population boosting by using IVF on all females, implanting 3 babies in each womb
Start researching on secret, secret weapon

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 pm

I made this,
With it, I shall conquer the stars.
Two stars in fact.
Which I name Prospit and Derse.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:04 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

Someone rolled a natural 1 (d20).

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:22 pm

crapcrapcrapcrapcrap
It was me, wasn't it? I know it was.
WHYYYYyyyyyyy......

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:30 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I would love for us to have more of a focus on colony development. You're chances of developing a space fleet without a firm colony base to work from a very, very slim. After all, odds are a starship contains high end electronics and requires extremely precise engineering to be able to produce even a basic craft. You'd require a strong industrial base. Not only that, you'd probably need a motivated population to get volunteers for your starships.

Hell, you can tell I'm trying to please the people. I don't want a uprising.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

Canis Minor

"Encourage population growth. Expand the manufacturing workforce."
Encouragement of population growth is conveyed through media and gentle social changes. The population of the colony begins to rise.

"Have the zero gravity construction drones work on autonomous orbital factories and defence platforms, equipped with missile pads and 80 watt laser cannons. Have the worker bee start construction of the first phase of the orbital shipyards."
As construction begins reasearch into weapon tech is also pushed forward. The first orbital factory comes online along with 2 defense platforms armed with missile pads and rotary point defense cannons. The worker bee successfuly puts together the framework of the orbital shipyard.

"Have SciCorp funding and resources octupled. Use these new resources to perform research into robotics, artificial intelligence and cybernetic augmentation. Assign the 5 new mining drones to excavate the new SciCorp Research Institute, SCRI, located deep underneath the city. Encourage the planners of the institute to assign similar divisions to be next to each other, while differing ones are kept further away from one another. Therefore, Chemistry and Metallurgy would be close to one another, while Robotics and Biology would be distant."
SCRI Plans are drawn up and refined as the mining bots begin to excavate the earth, SciCorp estimates a 33-99% rise in scientific advancements.

"Request census information on colonist morale and quality of life."
Canis prime colony is a fair endevour. the majority of colonists working and living out of the 2 high rise habitation blocks while a smaller portion of the population still lives inside the colony ship. prefering the metal that has been their home for so long.
The high level of science and high industry are the populations two most important interests. A local news paper includes a popular section "SCIENCE DAILY" which even caters to the youngsters of the colony with SciCorps KIDS!.
Morale on the whole is good, Some citizens think that the colony should become more decentralised but most are impartial to the colonies organization as it is now.
The colonies Quality of life is good, with a constant draw for fresh employees and new buildings in the pipeline daily it adds variety to the colonies way of life. Home life in Canis is more spartan, with high focus on industry little science trickles down to the public sector.

Trials of autonomous software go well and SciCorp moves on to other projects.
Gungnir Industries

"Majorly increase the size of the production facility, preparing for a warship of a scale never before seen, dwarfing even that of the Hylians largest ships."}
Construction of the Gungnir dock begins. It will take some time to complete (next turn) however Scientists are becomming worried as the additional mass is causing the space stations orbit around Keion to deteriorate. (it will reach the star in 5 turns unless something can be done)

"Continuing with the 'baby boomer' policy, further increase colony size and allow for growth in the military and science sectors."
The baby boomer policy has caught the attentions of some of the colony however those more used to the old was are less easilly swayed.

"Green light production on the drones and get OCD to work on plans for the new battleship codename: GUNGNIR"
Electronic Warfare drones are sent to the manufacturing however they require additional resources before they can continue.
Codename GUNGNIR begins, its formiddable hull and reactor designs are complete and scale model tests begin. For its arnament they design the Mjolnir cannon to be mounted as a prow lance. 8 Heavy turrets, 2 on the sides/top/bottom, 4 smaller turrets are provided for Point Defence on the sides/top/bottom and 4 missile or torpedo banks capeable of holding up to 20 missiles a peice. OCD estimate they could also implement auto-loaders capable of reloading the missiles faster than they can be fired. (if fired in series. they could also be fired as a "wall" for missiles)

Gehenna

"Continue attempts to replicate archeotech plating. Set up devices to compress and cook carbon, making artificial diamond."
Manufacutre of the artificial diamond continues and it is shaped to the panels, during an experiment with the armour and the ships fusion reactor they find that inserting carbon powder into the fusion reactor coats the interior panels in artificial diamond, creating a singular thing layer as opposed to the jagged hap hazard look that the proir attempts had.

"Have SAAT implement stricter safety protocols during potentially hazardous experiments. Our people are not expendable, and the safety of the Gehenna colony should not be put at risk!"
New saftey measures are implimented, focusing on the prevention of accidents and minimization of risks being taken along with tighter controls on testing enviroments. (Will stop a crit-fail however the next crit-success will be downgraded to a "good success" instead)

"Keep one probe by system H, continuing the aid broadcast. Send one to the anomaly above G in the starmap. Set the one by C and the remaining one near H to sweep deadspace."
The basic probes propulsion drive propells it self slowly through space. never designed for flight only designed for decelleration after launch. (Reaches G in 2 turns)

The aid ships reach the convoy and are met with inquisitive hails from the smaller "fighter like" craft, the language is unintelligable however the Can pilots drop the cargo and back away. After a few moments one of the frigate sized vesseles takes the supplies dropping off a container of heavy metals in return. "Feeeriba, Qe axxeor ab ooeb rease aeenenr"

Nono Entromiybo

"Build more on other planets in same system."
Research begins on a fire proof bunkers to colonize the gas giant. The fire-proof shielding begins to take shape and a workable variant is produced for further habitation.

"I SENT MULTIPLE SHIPS WHICH WILL REACH THERE AT SEPARATE TIMES GODDAMNIT!"
(*facepalm* sorry)
The second colony ship arrives in F system and links with the first.

"Use the fluctuating gravity between the two suns to power a international space base solely for peace discussions and diplomatic conversations. Have repair facilities and shops and markets."
The two colony ships link up into one larger station approximatly the same size as the first colony ship. a vast power generator using the fluctuating gravity is set up and powers the stations onboard systems.

"Begin production of humans on planet in system F. If peace is agreeable, then start populating far and wide. If peace is unforeseeable, then start to create biological weapons in science space base."
additional attempts are made to open a peaceful contact with the aliens. Their vast fortress denies entry however they broadcast radio messages to you in an unknown language. "Gekko akieba. Dia Olaberois vekoba ro Re Nabria. Toue Xuatin ua qekxone"

Thimai

Fix up that station!
Work on fixing the station progresses slowly as individual life support begins to fail, the remaining 5 crew continue. one of them making a recording of their work and planting a general wideband distress beacon. (everyone can see this signal)

Have the colony ship at C accept refueling at the station, use the time to assess the other factions military capabilities.
A routine uplink while refueling shows the current military might of the nearby systems. during the connection your scientists manage to obtain schematics of the Canis Light frigate project.

See what kind of minerals the irradiated planet has
Due to the vastly minimized workforce left in orbit over the star scanning of minerals is not possible at this time.

Xexelith

Scan for a planet that i can inhabit
Initial scans of the planet system are disrupted by a cosmic anomaly in the stars corona. the backwash causes the sensor array to blow out.
Basic surveying equipment identifies a molten planet closest to the planets sun, a pair of gas-giants between that and the last one an ice planet.

Population boosting by using IVF on all females, implanting 3 babies in each womb
IVF3 is implemented without a hitch. the first children begin to populate the station.

Start researching on secret, secret weapon
research begins on the secrect weapon the heavy secrecy slowing the research a little however. The first designs highligh a number of other technological gaps that must be filled in: Superconductors and Reinforced alloys are the major two.

Note: Replies are going to be a little more sporadic this weekend due to having to spend the week at relatives.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 pm

"Build another shipyard (normal size) at Lazarus Station"

"Create another science lab (call this one Rosenthal) for everyday scienceing, and get them to fix the stations orbit"

"Continue OCDs funding, ask them nicely to work on improvements to their current design for GUNGNIR."

The baby boomer policy doesn’t have to be renewed every turn, does it?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Continue population growth. Focus on the economic benefits of large families.
If we don't have to state the action every turn, please say so. I've got other things I'd like to use.
Found the Canis Maximus Imperial Starship Design Bureau, CMISDB. Found the Imperial War Academy for training new crew and officers to man ships.
I hope that having training academies for crew works kinda like the Barracks does in Civilization : It makes the crew more effective then those who did not go to a training academy.
Continue construction/manufacturing.

Also, you made a mistake in the roll, you said the Canis Light Frigate project, but I ain't even got a starship design organization yet.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 pm
Profile WWW

With the strict safety protocols, begin research on massive-scale nerve gas weapons for planetary bombardment. Notify the Canis authorities that we are developing WMDs, but only as a deterrent to Thimai. They obviously have something planned.

Begin production of the new "Pit Dog" model attack frigate.

Get the Cans by the Hylian fleet to transmit a thank you, pick up the heavy metals, and fly home.

minor action
Canis-style population census.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next