View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 MMORPG RtD-ish Game 

Post Re: MMORPG RtD-ish Game
Izen wrote:
Waitaminute.
How did I take more damage? I thought I had stunned the Jelly.

Smack up some more Jellies, it's good for your soul (and level).
"Time for more Whack-a-Jelly!"

Ah. You did. Sorry. I'll fix that. And since I'm already posting something here, might as well say what my move is. Walk to another jelly. 8-2 R.

I will get around to making a proper formula for damage. And, of course, a simple program to make it easy for me to calculate damage and stuff. But learning Lua comes first. For now, the jellies deal six damage and players deal 5. Why has everyone chosen either the stick or the flute, though? (Well, the stick. I'm the only person who was crazy enough to choose the flute. Not that the flute was any different from the stick aside from the fact that you can play music with it.)

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:36 am

Because of the implications.
Sword implies fighter.
Stick implies mage.
Flute implies bard.

That's how I saw it anyways.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:03 am

Izen wrote:
Sword implies fighter.
Stick implies mage.
Flute implies bard.

I was thinking of the stick as a dagger for assassins, oh well...

Walk over to a jelly wack it's head 8-2-R
I'm a shadow

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:47 am

Izen wrote:
Sword implies fighter.
Stick implies mage.
Flute implies bard.

You are genius. Anyways, I was also thinking of that in the beginning, but I figured that it really didn't matter which weapon you started with, since when you get to level 5, you'll job change and get skills. THEN it will matter which weapon you use, of course. I should have started with the sword... Then I would have dealt more damage... Well, since I haven't worked out a new damage formula, I would still be dealing 5 damage, but...

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Ah... It's been a while. I got kinda lazy and I have been mainly researching Lua and getting nowhere for the past two days. I haven't even fixed my damage formula yet. In fact, I think that according to my old damage formula, the people were supposed to do tons of damage, but then the jellies would die in one hit. So... For now, sticking to 5 and 6. Sorry if you take too much damage. And remember that the starting point is a fountain. It will help.

Oh. And Rincewind, you said that the world of Andirca can't take a joke. In what way is running past and ignoring someone who is clearly trying to talk to you a joke? Isn't that just plain rude? But, whatever. You can try to suicide for all I care. It's your choice. But, seriously. Aren't there better solutions to this?

Rincewind's Move:

You get depressed after hearing the many insults the townspeople have for you and you retreat to the corner of the weapon store. After thinking very hard for a while, you decide that this world has no need for you and you decide to commit suicide. You walk to the bridge, and you jump off... Or attempt to. On either side of the bridge is an animation that shows rushing water, perfect for suicide, but it's a blocked area. You failed to even kill yourself. How pathetic is that?

Stats:

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:
Other:

Skeev's Move:

"Time for more Whack-a-Jelly!" With this strange battlecry, you rush towards the nearest jelly and begin pounding it. Well, you can only hit it once for this turn, but... You get the idea. (No system message saying that you're in combat because it just drives people crazy.) 5 damage. The jelly is quick to react and you take 6 damage. (Sorry! I'll try to fix the damage formula quickly! I also don't like getting hit by monsters for more damage than they deal to me.)

Stats:

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:

Other:

Kirito's Move:

Like everyone else does (except for Rincewind), you walk up to another jelly and you hit it. Like everyone else, you deal 5 damage and take 6.

Stats:

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:

Other:

Tybalt's Move:

Okay. I'm just going to post the damage since we all know that elaborating on battles can get pretty annoying. Just posting damages for now. I'll elaborate once it becomes important to. Deal: 5. Take: 6.

Stats:

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:

Other:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Usually in real life, people don't approach random other people they don't know and then get mad when they don't want to talk.

But then again, it's not like RTDs have to follow internally consistent rules or possess a shred of mercy for people with intentionally ridiculous actions.

Resolve to become the greatest hero this world has ever known. Go outside and fight some a ye olde slimes. WITH MY BARE HANDS.

also, elaborating on battles is only really boring when the elaboration is people whacking jellies exactly once

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:03 am

Wack.

Sew, when is something interesting going to happen, like leveling?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 am

Smackity-whack.

"Death to Jelly-kind!"

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:20 am

Wait. When did this get unlocked? (Or rather, why? I was absolutely certain that people were getting bored.) Anyways, I haven't really touched anything related to this game for a while, so... I'll try to make leveling faster and grinding less... Grindy. I'll post moves later.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 pm

It was locked because April Fool's serious moderation business.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Gah! It was locked right before I posted my move! Now I'm posting moves and I have done nothing! No!

Also, I think killing 3 jellies should be good for helping out the village. Once you get all three kills, report to the chief.

Rincewind's Move:

You decide to walk out of the village and take on the fearsome(?) jellies. With your bare hands. You plan to become the greatest hero in the world. Well, you punch the nearest jelly with all your might, but a measly 2 comes out. The jelly hits you back for 6 damage... Ouch. (Sorry. Forgot that you grabbed the stick a few moves ago. I really need to document this game better.)

Lvl 1
Stats:

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:

Other:

Tybalt's Move:

You kill the jelly with that final hit and you gain two experience points. You level up with one experience point left over. Congratulations. (I just realized that mentioning the level might be a good idea...)

Lvl 2

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:

Other:

Skeev's Move:

You hit the jelly, shouting, "Death to jelly-kind!" Well, the jelly dies. That was some nice timing. <You leveled up!> With some pretty effects and stuff, you see that you leveled up. Good for you.

Lvl 2
Stats:

Items:
Consumables:
Equipment:

Other:

And the poor guy who didn't get to move and who is failing to manage this game now has 82 HP. Oh. And to everyone who leveled: Congratulations, again, and you got 3 stat points. Distribute them as you please. You can only upgrade LSTR, RSTR, MND, AGI, and TLK, by the way. EXP can only be gained through battles and HP is automatically raised when you level. (Max.) MP is raised along with MND.

Note: Going to post maximum HP and MP in later moves, but I'll just say these few things:

Ah! And... My move. I'm very bad at remembering to move...
Hit the jelly. "Me want level."

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Give that perfectly harmless jelly a BOOT TO THE FACE.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Ummm... TheKebbit, you have a stick. Sticks will work. Well, if you're going to go fighter, then I guess that would be fine. Anyways, have you been staring at this thread and just waiting for me to post moves?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 pm

I plan to go fighter. Originally I intended to become a cowardly wizard, but then I realized Rincewind's heroic jelly-punching destiny.

And no, I haven't been constantly monitoring the thread.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Can I join late?
If so, Name: Mothax
And gender: Male

So... Yeah.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next