View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Magitech: Frontiers 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Magitech: Frontiers
TheKebbit wrote:
So alchemy/hextech/LOL STEIN I GUN CHEMICAL MAGIC revolvers are a no-go, Caek?
They are a no go. Stein does use chemistry in bullets yes, but that is stuff like high explosive bullets, incendiaries and the like.
nicolasx wrote:
Eh, I know Chermanshire riflemen could have them
That makes sense. So Chermanshire Rifles can have it. It's a better fit for them.
nicolasx wrote:
stein forces had been looting a lot before they may have come here
They have been looting indeed, but they are not looting weapons, they have better weaponry. They are looting medical supplies for wounded troops, since they have taken horrific losses trying to advance into the city. The Chermanshire Rifles are fighting tooth and nail to try and hold them back.
nicolasx wrote:
Lord Robert, before we go, do you think we really have a chance to save Chermanshire?

"Of course. Chermanshire is not a nation, but a idea."
"Oh here we go..."
"Chermanshire is the idea of balance, equality and liberty. Where every man and every woman are treated equally. Rather then being of high birth or gifted with natural magical powers, we respect skill and effort. That is why I am Lord of Chermanshire. As judged by the people, they declared me to be the best person for the job as protector of the realm and Lord, for my skill of warfare and for managing the realm."
"And the fact that he could drink any of the other candidates under the table, and frequently did so..."
"No matter where your have came from, Steinan or Olvite, we care not. We will treat you equally. That is why people from both Stein and Olvitium come to Chermanshire, bringing their skill's and experience with them. They even work together to build a better future for the betterment of mankind. Balance in all things is all around us in Chermanshire, Castle Grey, for example. Not Castle Black nor Castle White. Even if only a few thousand of us survive, we can rebuild from the ashes and strike with venge-"
"Errrrr... Sire, we have some work to do before then."
"Oh right. Got carried away then."

Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

"I understand; I hope we will survive, but if we can save the castle and the idea of Chermanshire it will be worth it if we don't. Lets go."

Fri May 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Quote:
(Psygnosis) Tarik Morskorj: [3]
Scratched
"Right... uh,"
You take a pause while nothing is happening, and calculate your next brilliant tactical decision.
"I'll get us sorted," you say to the party. "You, Horace; show us the way to Castle Grey, will you?."

You and your motley band of "merry" men begin the dangerous slog to the Castle, where Chermanshire resistance is centered. You place Old Harold and the hapless Fatman in the center of the group, while the somewhat more battleworthy and dangeous Horace and Anthony are on point, though Anthony, admittedly, is not a better fighter by much. You don't let that sneaky bastard Geldmann get out of sight; you're wise to his stupid tricks and wouldn't be surprised if he whacked you in the kidneys with a leaden sock as soon as you turn your back on him.

Your trek across the city is difficult and fraught with near-death experiences; more than once, artillery shells send shrapnel slicing the back of your neck. Everyone is choking on smoke and the thick dust from collapsing buildings. Though you manage to get through the worst of the bombardment without serious injury, everyone is banged up pretty bad and you, in particular, have some nasty cuts that should probably be attended to later.

That's when you run into what used to be a hospital, or sanatorium for the infirm. Stretchers, medical carts, and their former occupants are strewn haphazardly on the outside, some recently shot corpses, others on the ground, mumbling and sobbing deliriously to themselves from the shock and inevitable death sentence of bloodloss. Anthony looks away, while Horace just hefts his rune-ciphering knife and mutters a curse. Whatever happened here was a crime against humanity, and judging from the noises starting back up again from inside, it's still happening.

What do you do, investigate or hurry as fast as possible to Castle Grey? There should be a cache of medical supplies here that you could use to fix up your cuts and bolster the Rifles' defensive efforts, and the (most likely Steinen, judging by those bullet wounds) perpetrator might have some good gear on him. If not for any of those reasons, than for your conscience, I suppose, though time is ticking.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Fri May 25, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:15 am

Noone has posted for awhile. Lets get this thing rolling again!

Mon May 21, 2012 3:10 am
Loose Canon

(Roast Veg) Aeos Drintal [5-3=2]
You start running forward, but your legs spasm and cause you to fall forwards to the floor. You get back to your feet and limp forward, your leg in no small amount of pain and still twitching. You look backwards, and...
It left? The Air elemental has gone back to fanning the flames around the city. Well that's... that's good news for YOU. The ball of light chirps happily, and sets down on your head. The little thing saved you, and doesn't seem to mean you harm, so you suppose it can stay.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:23 am
Profile WWW

Do we have any bags? or any bags nearby? (bags, backpacks, perhaps jackets too)

Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm

So, are we waiting for anyone?

Wed May 23, 2012 5:24 pm
Loose Canon

We're waiting for someone to roll.
SO GET TO IT!

Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
We're waiting for someone to roll.
SO GET TO IT!

Yoman.
Hey.
Hey Yoman.

Roll.

Wed May 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Ill have you all know that I actually dont have internet access from home and its not coming back any time soon. Problems with cables and wiring. But Ill roll now.

----------

(Izen) Skeev: [2]
Healthy
Just as he drops below the window, an electrified ball of goldness explodes above him and makes him tingle.
"Right then, time to find a new vantage point. Uh, do you have any ideas?"
"Castle Grey! Castle Grey! Its really big and tall!"
Skeev risks a peek over the windowsill: Castle Grey is to the South, rising above all the other buildings and easy to spot.
There are only two ways down from this guardtower: first, the ladder Skeev came up on; and second, a thick bundle of knotted rope attached to a metal hoop in the floor.
Another explosion and yelling from the Eastern side - the ladder side - says that there is quite a commotion down there. Magi have probably gotten into the tower.

Fri May 25, 2012 1:24 am

Yoman987 wrote:
Ill have you all know that I actually dont have internet access from home and its not coming back any time soon. Problems with cables and wiring. But Ill roll now.

Good to know. You could have informed us befo-
Wait. ♥♥♥♥. Nevermind.

----------

(Izen) Skeev: [2]
Healthy
Just as he drops below the window, an electrified ball of goldness explodes above him and makes him tingle.
"Right then, time to find a new vantage point. Uh, do you have any ideas?"
"Castle Grey! Castle Grey! Its really big and tall!"
Skeev risks a peek over the windowsill: Castle Grey is to the South, rising above all the other buildings and easy to spot.
There are only two ways down from this guardtower: first, the ladder Skeev came up on; and second, a thick bundle of knotted rope attached to a metal hoop in the floor.
Another explosion and yelling from the Eastern side - the ladder side - says that there is quite a commotion down there. Magi have probably gotten into the tower.

"Well, Castle Grey it is then."
>Down the rope we go

Fri May 25, 2012 1:59 am

Quote:
(TorrentHKU) Anthony M. Lovegale (2)
Healthy

"...I wonder if you taste like peppermint."
Silmein remains silent at this, but floats about a foot further from you as you continue searching.
You finally spot someone, after taking several turns about the area, heading in the general direction of the center of the city.

Then you notice that the someone is a mechanical soldier wielding a rather dangerous looking gun with a bayonet affixed to the end. You hear a whirring noise as it turns to face you, and readies its weapon to fire.
"I'll... just leave this to you."
Silmein takes cover behind a nearby building.

Jeez, Torrent. Your rolls are sucking. And I'm using an honest-to-god, real, physical ten-sided die. No random number generators here.

Maybe you should stop looking for people and just get to what you're good at. Judging from your skills, that's probably cutting things up.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:03 pm
Loose Canon

> Deploy Claymore, charge with the flat of the blade shielding me, shoulder smash, then spin into a big slash.
"BEAST!"

Sat May 26, 2012 4:33 am
Profile WWW

Internets are back! :D

Sat May 26, 2012 5:26 pm

TorrentHKU wrote:
shoulder smash, then spin into a big slash.

"BEAST!"

At least, that's what it seems like.

Sat May 26, 2012 6:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next