View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 RTD: Guardians of Eden| You can (not) re-roll. 

Post Re: RTD: Guardians of Eden| You can (not) re-roll.
Sorry, I've just been busy with life stuff recently, I'll try to get back to a normal scheduled, but no promises. (Saying that, I'll roll for this tomorrow, and I'll be rolling for CA later today)

Mon May 28, 2012 7:25 am

Roll: 3
--------------------
Quote:
The jets sound closer now, and an increase of radio chatter can be heard in the back ground of Gungnir HQ.

unwoundpath= 4

EVA Sync Rate: -31%-
"ow..."
Pushing yourself off the ground, you manage to stand on your legs and stay like that for a short time, until devestationg laser beam careens straight past you, knocking you once more to the ground, you shouldn't have to much difficulty getting back up this time however.
--------------------
Psygnosis= 1
EVA Sync Rate: -52%-

It's just like a video game.. somehow.
Nope, still not moving an inch.
LOOK OUT, DODGE IT!!!
Wha~?
The angel fires a huge laser beam from its face, only knocking over the other two, but annihilating your lift and throwing you back several hundred meters into a building.
AHGAHHHHGHAAAHHHHGAHHH!!!
EVA status changed to -WOUNDED-, in addition, you don't cope well with the extreme heat of the laser, or more importantly the fact you felt most of the EVAs flesh being burnt off.
--------------------
nicolasx= 5
EVA Sync Rate: -57%-

As you reach for the gun, the force of the laser causes you to stumble, no harm done though, you promptly grab the rifle and use it to prop yourself up again.

Quote:
"Oh god Sal! Commander Bob, tech says Blue team won't be hear for another two.. turns? Commander, do something!"

--------------------

Tue May 29, 2012 11:43 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Reconnaissance reports indicate that the target lacks good side protection. Jran, take the left flank. Hannah, take the right. Salem, fall back and head to a more defensible position, try using buildings as cover. The target is protected by a AT field, so you will need to get close to disable the field with your fields. Once the field is down, I can call in additional fire support if needed. Intel indicates the target has little armour past the AT field, but do not underestimate its firepower. Our recon craft was downed by a EMP, so stay alert."

What weapons do the players have?

Order local military forces to set-up a rocket artillery battery nearby, but out of the line of sight of the enemy. Do not fire until I give the word.

"Salem, do not start panicking, and you will come out of this alive. Fear is the number one killer on any battlefield - it makes men do things they would never have dreamt of before. Fear is also your greatest ally. I can't guarantee that the enemy won't have more weapons like flamethrowers or lasers, but I can guarantee that they can't be used if the enemy is dead."

"Jran, the target you are about to engage is alive, and is most certainly a animal. But don't let that distract you from your mission. If that thing gets away, it could kill thousands of innocent people. To prevent such high loss of life, the target must be destroyed for the greater good. Don't hold back, give the enemy a nightmare."

"Hannah, the enemy will be dishing out a substantial amount of firepower, some of which may hit your EVA. From what I understand, you have a split personality which is more aggressive. Stay calm. Using any weapon effectively requires you to clear your mind and stay calm while you use it. Yes, anger does make for better soldiers, but losing your cool is not something that you would want to do."

Last edited by caekdaemon on Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:07 pm
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:

If this is anything like the show, we come with nothing but our fists, and a knife (a special one) in a compartment. You can send up guns, however.

"Come on, at least let me stand up!"

Get up (again) and move to the left flank, try to stay in cover while getting closer.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

unwoundpath wrote:
caekdaemon wrote:

If this is anything like the show, we come with nothing but our fists, and a knife (a special one) in a compartment. You can send up guns, however.

Alright then. Once this first enemy is down, I'll send in some better equipment.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

how will they kill it with fists and knives if it already raeped Psy from half a mile away

Tue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm

TheKebbit wrote:
how will they kill it with fists and knives if it already raeped Psy from half a mile away

Have you ever watched the show? You get up to it and stab in in the red ball thing.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:42 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:

Well they apparently have rifles, so they can use them.
Fail Flail wrote:
As you reach for the gun, the force of the laser causes you to stumble, no harm done though, you promptly grab the rifle and use it to prop yourself up again.

And sending in better weaponry and equipment is not a viable plan right now since the enemy has a EMP which brought down the reconnaissance craft. Sending in weapons and such by air, which is the fast transportation method leaves them exposed in the open and would probably get shot down.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
And sending in better weaponry and equipment is not a viable plan right now since the enemy has a EMP which brought down the reconnaissance craft. Sending in weapons and such by air, which is the fast transportation method leaves them exposed in the open and would probably get shot down.

WRONG! Some buildings are fake, and have lifts that send up weapons, in, like, a split second.

Tue May 29, 2012 9:01 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

unwoundpath wrote:
caekdaemon wrote:

WRONG! Some buildings are fake, and have lifts that send up weapons, in, like, a split second.

Ah, I did not know. I never watched Evangelion you know, I just look up terms that I need to know on the net.

Wed May 30, 2012 12:22 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
Ah, I did not know. I never watched Evangelion you know, I just look up terms that I need to know on the net.

I do recommended watching it, I enjoyed it, and it will make you a better adviser.

Wed May 30, 2012 2:15 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

unwoundpath wrote:
and it will make you a better adviser.

Until this RtD has progressed further we will be unable to tell if I need to be a better advisor. If I am making consistent blunders, then I will watch the first couple of episodes.

If I don't make constant blunders, then I won't.

Wed May 30, 2012 2:21 am
Profile WWW

I did recommend watching the first couple of episodes btw :grin:

Firstly, only Hanna has her weapon, Jrans weapon is still in his lift, and you could safely assume that Sals was destroyed by the laser.

Secondly, you only fight one enemy at a time, with a span of (usually) around 2-3 weeks between each angel attack, meaning sending up weapons AFTER this one has been destroyed wouldn't be the smartest course of action.

And finally, as unwoundpath said, weaponry is almost always sent up by lifts, the same way the EVAs are sent up, or contained in fake buildings. Also, in regards to the recon-craft, you could send another (limitless everythingness remember?), but personally I don't think you'll get much more useful intel.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Fail Flail wrote:
Also, in regards to the recon-craft, you could send another (limitless everythingness remember?), but personally I don't think you'll get much more useful intel.

Which is exactly why I ain't sending in a second.

I'll send up better weaponry on the next roll, since my roll is currently being used by preparations to bombard the angel after its AT field drops.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 am
Profile WWW

It's cool if you multi task, just don't make actions based on the outcomes of other actions
eg: After the fuel bomb I just launched has hit the target, get Sal to burn it with the flamer I just sent up.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next