View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER 

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - NIGHT ONE [9/9]
With a sudden flash of brightness, the lights all burst back into life! Few people are there to see it though as it takes them a couple of minutes to properly wake up, and besides most of them are wearing protective Coalition visors that just happen to double as sunglasses.
One person doesn't get up at all.
Upon further investigation, you realise that this is because there is a bullet through his chest.

ImageImage

Emgotsaone was a Coalition Clone! A loyal and much-replicated soldier of the coalition, he only wanted to see all threats to his faction eliminated. The loss of power at night time left him completely unconscious, so not only did he not have any special powers that he could keep hidden from the rest of the assembled host, he was also utterly unable to defend himself from assault during the dark hours. Those monsters!
As such, he was a vanilla town member and could do nothing at night time. Though you may mourn his passing, remember that the best way to deal with his loss is to avenge him. If Town can manage to root out the Mafia and destroy them, he will still win alongside the rest of his team!

Once everyone's had their turn staring at the body or poking it or whatever it is they feel like doing to some guy's corpse, there is a clanking noise and the robot eye rolls itself down from the ceiling again. It appears to be slightly scorched.
"Yᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ? Gᴏᴏᴅ, ɢᴏᴏᴅ.
Nᴏᴛ ALL ᴀʟʟ ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ɢᴜʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ ᴅᴇғᴇɴᴄᴇʟᴇss ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛʟᴇss ᴇxᴇʀᴄɪsᴇ ɪғ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ?

There was a long and awkward pause.

"...ᴡʜᴀᴛ? Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?
Yᴏᴜ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴇᴠɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ, ɴᴏᴡ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪᴛ ɪs! A ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴘsᴇ! Wᴇʟʟ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴄᴏʀᴘsᴇ...
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴇᴠɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ? Cʟᴇᴀʀʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴏᴏᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ғɪɴᴅ ʜɪᴍ. Oʀ ʜᴇʀ. Aʀᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʀs?
Tʜᴀᴛ's ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ!

One of the machine-gun turrets suddenly swivelled to face a random clone and spat... a small lump of chalk at him. It bounced harmlessly onto his helmet and onto the ground.

"Lᴏᴏᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅʀᴀᴡ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟᴋ ᴏᴜᴛʟɪɴᴇs ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜɪᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ! Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ CSI! Nᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ CSI. Exᴇᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴘᴏssɪʙʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛʀᴜᴅᴇʀs, ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪɴ ᴍɪɴᴅ. Iғ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴs CSI ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴋɪʟʟ ʜɪᴍ."
There was a faintly audible bang from somewhere in the distance as the computer trailed off, causing it to look hurriedly at the ceiling. Two more muffled explosions followed.

"Nᴏᴡ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴇxᴄᴜsᴇ ᴍᴇ I ᴜʜ... ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ. Yᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ.
Exᴄᴇᴘᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ, ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs "ɴᴏᴛ ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛʀᴜᴅᴇʀs" ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsɪᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ.
Yᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴅᴇᴀ!"

It's new ultimatum delivered, the fairly unhelpful mechanical master of the Coalition base slotted himself back into his little orifice in the roof and left the assembled host to their own devices again. Would the death of one of their comrades spur them into action, or was this still not quite enough for them to make such a weighty decision?

CORTEX COMMAFIA; DAY TWO

LIVELIST:

1. Miggles
2. Dragonxp
3. TorrentHKU
4. Roast Veg
5. Natti
6. Izen
7. Nicolasx
8. Unwoundpath

Deadline is in 72 hours, on 11:30 PM GMT, 24th of June.
Deadline can be extended up to 48 hours if the deadline is nearing and people make a good enough case for it being necessary.
With 8 alive it takes 3 votes to Soft Lynch and 5 votes to Hard Lynch.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - DAY TWO [8/9]
Code:
Hm, he die, earlier say roast suspicious. Roast trust levels down

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:00 am

Code:
Hm, now think, roast also make us linch no-one.

Lynch veg

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

That doesn't make any sense Unwoundpath! Acting suspicious is the one and only reason for us regular clones to lynch those who we think are the enemy! There's no logical reasoning as to why I would half accuse him during the day but not kill him, then kill him at night with the full knowledge that he was a friendly. That just doesn't make sense.

So why did the enemy kill the most suspicious friendly at night? Doesn't that just make the job easier for us since we won't be distracted by the red herring? I don't want to be egotistical about this, but I fear I might well be about to. Perhaps the enemy were under the impression that the reaction would be as you suggested - accuse the man who accused the victim.

That would have made sense, had enemy not made a critical error in doing so. If they wanted to arouse suspicion, why not take out the person I had the most confrontation with? Why not TorrentHKU? As I said before, there's no way I could have explained my way out of it if he had died overnight, given the tension there was in our discussion, yet the enemy avoided killing him and went for Emogotsaone, hoping to achieve the same outcome.

There's only one conclusion I can draw from this, provided the brunt of their decision was aimed towards me, which is a terribly self-centred assumption. I'll wait for more discussion to occur, but I'm pretty sure I know what my next move will be.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I also notice that you were exceedingly quick to reach that conclusion, and even faster to go from trust to lynch. I hope you didn't plan this eventuality, as that would be HIGHLY suspect.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:24 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Code:
Think for a moment. Veg said his motives were to not kill anyone. The less we have dead, the better chance we have at rooting out the enemy. Trying to keep the most of us alive isn't anything traitorous at all; it's just the opposite! I say that Veg has the right kind of mind. He's being helpful.

Now, Emogot was very neutral, and swayed with the ideals of the crowd. I think that someone who was more direct with their votes should be lynched. I, and a few others, voted to not lynch anyone, because we don't WANT people dead, do we? No, but I know who might. HKU really put a lot of effort into trying to lynch someone. He defended himself to the very end, doing all he could to get someone killed, and he didn't seem to care who. Now I don't know about you, but that seems pretty traitorous. While everyone else kept a level head and voted for peace, he seemed to get a bit frustrated that we didn't off anyone. I say he's an intruder. Anyone with me?

And lastly, I agree with Veg. unwound, you swapped sides as soon as ♥♥♥♥ hit the fan. Either you're just too nervous, or you're hiding something. Veg was being completely rational and friendly, and you turned on him when someone died. I'd keep an eye on you.

Lynch: TorrentHKU

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Roast Veg wrote:
That would have made sense, had enemy not made a critical error in doing so. If they wanted to arouse suspicion, why not take out the person I had the most confrontation with? Why not TorrentHKU? As I said before, there's no way I could have explained my way out of it if he had died overnight, given the tension there was in our discussion, yet the enemy avoided killing him and went for Emogotsaone, hoping to achieve the same outcome.
TorrentHKU wrote:
And if either of us dies tonight then the other is pretty ♥♥♥♥.
So, 3 possibilities.
1. We're both innocent. One of us gets killed off and the other is blamed, both of us die.
2. One is evil, one is good. If the good is killed off, the evil will be lynched, so nobody dies.
3. We're both evil. Neither of us dies, and we're some CRAFTY ♥♥♥♥ for arguing like this to sew distrust and make everyone confused.

Now that I've said that, if one of us dies then the other probably won't be lynched in response, since everyone will read this and go "Oh, that makes some sense, the other person must be good.". Which actually makes a pretty damn good cover for the other if they actually ARE evil.
So now maybe one of us WILL die, since this post will cover them. Of course, having said THAT, any situation is now a wildcard, and either way if one of us dies or not things are gonna be crazy trying to figure out if we are or are not evil.

If I had to guess, I'd say this ♥♥♥♥ of a thinking out is why we're both still alive. Whether to ♥♥♥♥ things up for the rest of us or to just because they have no idea if it's a good idea to kill us or not, I have no damn clue.

Also Veg, someone is now dead. There is now evidence to go on. If you still think we should hold our horses and wait for more bodies to drop then I don't really see how you can defend yourself from accusations of trying to stall the killings of mafia members.
Having said that, I admit that I did jump the gun a bit on the first roll. Partially because I wanted something to happen, partially because... ok yeah pretty much I just wanted something to happen rather than us all just sit around with our thumbs up our asses. I will admit I was wrong there. But now? Now there is something to act on.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh I'll vote to lynch this turn, I'm listening for a few comments and possibly waiting to see where the lynches start heading.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 am
Loose Canon

unwoundpath wrote:
Code:
Hm, he die, earlier say roast suspicious. Roast trust levels down

If you'll notice, I did that too, and a lot more.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 am
Profile WWW

Code:
Hm, memory banks must run low. I give all chance now, did jump gun bit.

Lynch no-one for now

Gah typing on a phone is hard.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:44 am

Code:
After inspection of previous day log's self has noted the following:
- #V- 3G seems minorly against death.
- #H- KU seems to force death.

Cannot formulate a lynching response. Looks like a fight of good versus evil but self cannot identify good side.

Therefor self formulates current response: Lynch Noone, until further evidence is shown.

Lynch No One

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:37 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

HKU seems suspicious, but I think I'll listen for now.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:07 am

I thought I joined... It may have been deleted in the rollback, but can I join?

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:25 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You can't join midgame dude.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:36 am
Profile WWW

metal chao wrote:
If you are not playing and want to ask me something please either do it in PM or put it in spoiler tags.
If you are not playing and want to comment on the game then... don't post at all, that's called cheating!

I'm always happy to add people to the "Replacements" list but it doesn't look like I am going to need any for a while :U

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next