View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - DAY TWO [8/9]
NO.
Ok that was all I'll be quiet now.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:25 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - NIGHT TWO [7/9]
Today's conversation is a lot more decisive, and it quickly becomes clear to everyone including the accused himself that Unwoundpath must be one of the foul perpetrators.
Brimming with a confidence they lacked on the previous day, the assorted men and sort-of-men march up to the control panel again and summon their mechanical lord, who seems so pleased that they've finally picked a target for him that he orders his turrets to open fire on their chosen unit ID without even bothering to look at who he's aiming at.
Which turns out to possibly have been a bit of a mistake, in retrospect, considering that you'd have to be wearing quite a disguise to make yourself look like Unwoundpath.

ImageImage

It is pretty clear even from the bullet-pocked wreckage left over that Unwoundpath was actually a Medbot, a loyal mechanical servant of the Coalition. While the possibility remained that he had been repurposed for evil, a quick inspection of its remaining hard drives seem to imply that it was as Town as they come and hadn't had any of its morality programming tampered with in the slightest.
The only slight anomaly was the very low power remaining in its batteries, but that was easily explained away as a symptom of the "unique" power requisitioning scheme put in place by the base's new overlord. Due to the low availability of electricity, it could only collect enough charge to power its medical equipment for one burst every two nights. As a Town Odd-Night Doctor, Unwoundpath was able to release its incredible regenerative nanobots onto one other player on any odd-numbered night and thus protect them from any harm.

Wᴇʟʟ.
Tʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛ I ᴡᴀs ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ, I ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴀᴅᴍɪᴛ. I ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇxᴇᴄᴜᴛɪᴏɴ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀᴘᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡɪsᴇ.

Oʜ ᴡᴇʟʟ, ᴀʟʟ's ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇɴᴅs ᴡᴇʟʟ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ. As ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀ ᴄᴏʀᴘsᴇ ʟʏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴏᴏʀ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴠᴇʀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀᴛ ɪᴛs ᴊᴏʙ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ғᴏʀ sʟᴀᴄᴋᴇʀs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛ. Sᴏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏᴛᴇ, ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴊᴏʙ!

Bᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ ғᴀɪʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ, sᴏ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ I'ᴅ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴜᴘ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴘʀɪᴀᴛᴇ ᴘᴜɴɪsʜᴍᴇɴᴛ. Pᴇʀʜᴀᴘs ɪғ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴀɴ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴘᴀᴠʟᴏᴠɪᴀɴ ᴀᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ғᴀɪʟᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sᴏ ɪɴᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛᴇɴᴛ?

Oɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ!

Despite wailed protests about "Cruel and unusual punishment", "Letting the intruders kill people for no good reason" and "That doesn't even make any sense what kind of idiot are you", the machine's disappearance was followed mere seconds later by a dimming of the lights and a sudden unpleasant light-headedness that was probably going to end up becoming very familiar.
With a chorus of thuds and clanking noises as everyone went to "sleep", night fell.

[center]Fɪɴᴀʟ Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs

Uɴᴡᴏᴜɴᴅᴘᴀᴛʜ: 5 (Roast Veg, Dragonxp, Miggles, Unwoundpath, TorrentHKU)
Aʙsᴛᴀɪɴɪɴɢ: 3 (Natti, Izen, Nicolasx)

Night Deadline is 8 PM GMT, June 26th (in 48 hours), or when I receive all final night decisions from players that happen to have them.
As it is now night, do not post anything

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - DAY THREE [6/9]
Barely a minute has passed before the lights flicker back on again and the AI's triumphant voice rings through the small room.

Aʜᴀ! Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛ! Yᴏᴜ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴛʀᴀᴘ!
Dɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴄᴏɴsɪɢɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴛʀᴏᴏᴘs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛʟᴇss ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ? Fᴏᴏʟs! I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ ᴛᴏ ʟᴜʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ғᴀʟsᴇ sᴇɴsᴇ ᴏғ sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ... ᴏʜ.
Oʜ, ᴅᴀᴍɴ.

Despite his bold move, the computer does not return to find (as he had expected) one of the elusive miscreants striking a menacing pose atop one of his loyal minions, but merely a room full of people lying dazedly on the floor. And two corpses.
Wait no... three corpses.
How the blazes did they strike so quickly?
Roast Veg has died in the night.

ImageImage

Roast Veg was a Coalition Clone! A loyal and much-replicated soldier of the coalition, he only wanted to see all threats to his faction eliminated. The loss of power at night time left him completely unconscious, so not only did he not have any special powers that he could keep hidden from the rest of the assembled host, he was also utterly unable to defend himself from assault during the dark hours. Those monsters!
As such, he was a vanilla town member and could do nothing at night time.

Aʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴍᴇɴᴛ ғᴀɪʟᴇᴅ I sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇ. I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ.
...ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴛ.

CORTEX COMMAFIA; DAY THREE

LIVELIST:

1. Miggles
2. Dragonxp
3. TorrentHKU
4. Natti
5. Izen
6. Nicolasx

Deadline is in 72 hours, on 9:00 PM GMT, 27th of June.
Deadline can be extended up to 48 hours if the deadline is nearing and people make a good enough case for it being necessary.
With 6 alive it takes 2 votes to Soft Lynch and 4 votes to Hard Lynch.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Of course, now that Roast Veg was proven innocent, this rises high suspicions against HKU.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Code:
Oh, damn.
That's unpleasant.

As suspicious as HKU may be, I think there may be a better lynch candidate here: NicolasX.
He hasn't even talked since the first day, and yet his profile states that he has had his systems online within the past few days. It seems he's just observing, and that makes me feel he's waiting for something. Maybe he was responsible for the death of Veg. He could just be silent in watch, killing Veg to turn us on each other. He has no alibi as of yet. Though I may have experience a similar problem, my communication systems were completely disable, whereas he has had access to them. I find that highly odd.

Lynch: NicolasX

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

At least 2 of the remaining 5 not-me's are Mafia.
It could either be the ones who've been most vocal in trying to turn everyone against people (Natti and Miggles are both candidates) or it could be the quiet nobodies who slip under the radar and get easily ignored.
nicolasx wrote:
Lynch Miggles.

Code:
He hasn't said anything yet. The only conceivable reason would be that he hoped we would forget about him.
Not foolproof, especially that early in the game, and then Miggles comes out and says his internet was unavailable. Now though, later in the game when there's been MUCH more to talk about, NicolasX hasn't said a peep.
nicolasx wrote:
Look, Torrent makes sense; But roast makes more. We should wait till night lynch no one and see if one of them die. If neither do then we shall see who is really suspicious. Also I apologize for my robotic voice earlier it was caused by my voice processor being knocked out when our original brain died.

Lynch no one.
The rapid backpedaling on this, coupled by the utter lack of communication otherwise (and the fact that Mafia people can be anyone, not just the loud ones) makes it more suspicious. Hell, a loud person you can get a better read on, and thus exposes themselves to more danger and scrutiny.

Based on this, Lynch: NicolasX.
Man if we're wrong then we're totally ♥♥♥♥.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm
Profile WWW

Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs

Nɪᴄᴏʟᴀsx: 2 (Miggles, TorrentHKU)
Aʙsᴛᴀɪɴɪɴɢ: 4 (Natti, Izen, Nicolasx, Dragonxp)

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Whelp. HKU is making too much sense there.
Lynch: NicolasX

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ Vᴏᴛᴇ Tᴏᴛᴀʟs

Nɪᴄᴏʟᴀsx: 3 (Miggles, TorrentHKU, Natti)
Aʙsᴛᴀɪɴɪɴɢ: 3 (Izen, Nicolasx, Dragonxp)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am

Code:
Self is somewhat disturbed by the death of #V - EG, the mafia truly dislike peace keepers.

#H -KU and #M- 1G make sense in striking the silent clone.

Self believes this would be the right course of action.

#H - KU still has questionable responses.

Self Log Processes however say that #I-ZN is also questionable,
but because other clones seem convinced that clone #N -1X is the culprit self will also vote #N - 1X Until he is proven innocent.

LYNCH: Nicolasx

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 am

Day's over again god damn you're moving fast today
Give me an hour or so to write this up properly

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:37 am
Loose Canon

I just realized that there may be more than 2 mafia members.
I fear we've just made a grave mistake.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:38 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER
Night actions are conveniently already in, so here's two in one!

ImageImage

"Gᴏᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴜsᴇʟᴇss, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴀɴ ɪɴᴛʀᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀs ɪᴛ?
I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴀʟғ ᴀ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғғ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ sʜᴏᴏᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ. Mᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ʟᴇssᴏɴ!"

"Well, why don't you?", suggested Dragonxp. "Put the fear of death into us, I'm sure that will teach us a lesson."

"Yᴇᴀʜ.
Yᴇᴀʜ!
I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I ᴡɪʟʟ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ?
Wʜᴀᴛ's ɪᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏsᴛ ᴍᴇ? Oɴᴇ ᴜsᴇʟᴇss ᴍɪɴɪᴏɴ? Wʜᴏ ᴄᴀʀᴇs! Iᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ, ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏ. I sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ sʜᴏᴛ [ɪ]ᴀʟʟ[/ɪ] ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇɢɪɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ!

POWERING DOWN IN 5"

"WHAT?", shouted Izen, "No! Wait!"
But the light flickered off and he fell jerkily to the floor, alongside his brothers TorrentHKU and Nicolasx.

"Which one do you want to shoot?" asked Miggles.
"Doesn't really matter does it? We keep shooting these idiots and eventually it'll just be us two left.
That computer's about as smart as a brick but it's not going to take it that long to realise why."
"Well what do you suggest then?"
"Hell if I know, we're locked in with no food."

The disguised Ronin stood up from his lean against the door and kicked it in frustration, only to boggle in surprise as it swung open.

"What the hell? It de-powered the locks at night time?"
"..."
"Well, I've got some explosives left. If you don't mind wiring them up we can head off and leave them a little surprise for the morning."
"I'd like that."

ImageImageImageImageImage

As the two rebels cleared a nearby hill, light dawned for the last time inside the AI's twisted game chamber, adding three to the pile of corpses before burning the whole thing to dust.
A bit of an anticlimax perhaps, but as far as the pair were concerned, survival was more important than theatrics, and let's face it what was impressive about outwitting a malfunctioning computer and a bunch of clones that had never thought for themselves before?
They were going to have to come up with a much more exciting story than that before getting back to HQ!

By reducing the current player total to two town and two mafia, the mafia team has won!
Give your congratulations to Miggles and DragonXP

Game Lineup:

1. Miggles - Ronin (Mafia Goon)
2. Dragonxp - Ronin (Mafia Goon)

3. TorrentHKU - Died Night Three; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
4. Emogotsaone - Died Night One; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
5. Roast Veg - Died Night Two; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
6. Natti - Died at Game End; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
7. Izen - Died at Game End; Dummy (Town Odd-Night Cop)
8. Nicolasx - Died Day Three; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
9. Unwoundpath - Died Day Two; Coalition Medbot (Town Even-Night Doctor)

TorrentHKU wrote:
I just realized that there may be more than 2 mafia members.
I fear we've just made a grave mistake.

Mafia autowin at 2 mafia:2 town (it is impossible to reach lynch consensus on a mafia member, they shoot at night and win the game), which is something that had somehow entirely slipped my mind and that I should have informed you about on the start of day three.
I am not sure it would have helped you win to have that information but it should have been given to you.
That really was stupid of me and I am very sorry :(

Copied and pasted from deadchat;
It is clear to me that when I assumed that mafia would have a hard time in a beginner game I had the wrong idea completely
my next game is going to have to have a lot more power roles (also because those are more interesting) and I might just write some explicit coaching tips in the OP because just linking you to guides wasn't really enough to prepare anyone :V

Don't know how interesting that game was for anyone considering that you were all novices and I put you in a game that was going to end up being almost entirely about deduction, before realising too late that you didn't really have the tools to figure out what were and were not warning signs that someone was not on your team.
Or the knowledge that stray votes can be dangerous and end days much faster than you might want.
My thinking was "if I put in strong power roles, they will just be taught to become dependent on cop checks" but I then made them too weak in comparison with how much anyone on this board actually knew about playing mafia!

I am planning to run another one if people are still interested (though maybe after taking a break for a couple of days, and it probably won't have pictures!) with more interesting action powers and maybe more people, so it will both be more exciting and last longer.
I've certainly learned some things from this at any rate, even if you haven't :P

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:09 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER
I've learned that I looove this game, and how to play it.

I think I did pretty well disguising myself, and I had a lot of fun. I would DEFINITELY play the next game too. This was great.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next