View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER 

Post Cortex Commafia - GAME OVER
If you are not playing and want to ask me something please either do it in PM or put it in spoiler tags.
If you are not playing and want to comment on the game then... don't post at all, that's called cheating!

What kind of useless forum games subforum is this? I was promised fun times and games but all I see are a bunch of dice-rolling losers*
What this subforum needs is a real forum game, a game with excitement! A game with lies! A game with intrigue!

A game... of Mafia

HOW TO PLAY:

GAME RULES:

To make sure that everyone has fun and that the game actually works properly, there are several rules you have to obey.
Breaking them repeatedly or in a dramatic manner will force me to have to disqualify you from the game, meaning that you will essentially die and won't win even if your team does. Please don't make me do this because it means your team is down one player and that is not really fair for them.

1) Please be civil to other players! While this is, essentially, a game about lying to people and killing them, it doesn't give you a license to be rude to people.
Tempers can flare when people are accused of being things that they are not, or if you feel that everyone is against you, but please try not to take it personally. It is only a game.

2) Please post your vote in bold, in the format, "Lynch: Metal Chao"
This is for my benefit because it makes it a lot easier for me to keep a running tally of what is going on.
If you put it in a coloured font too for extra emphasis I will love you but that is not mandatory.

3) Do not edit or delete your posts. Because mafia is a game about lying, there are times where you might slip up and accidentally reveal something that you shouldn't.
If you do this then tough! Editing your posts to remove it again is not allowed. This is very important!

4) No, not even to fix spelling mistakes.

5) Do not speak about the game outside of mod-approved channels. If people are chatting about things in PMs I can't see what is going on and that is a Bad Thing.
Every player will be given a secret topic using a lovely service I use called Quicktopic in which they can ask me questions. There will be another Quicktopic for use for the mafia.
Don't talk about your suspicions etc in IRC or personal messages, everything game-related should go in this thread and nowhere else!

And if it's night then tough, you'll just have to wait until morning to post!

6) Don't post at night.

7) Post often...ish. I mean, if you are busy that is fine, but please don't sign up if you are only going to post once per in-game day or I will have to replace you with someone else.

8) If you are on the mafia, don't reveal to the game who your teammates are just because you are about to die. That is an awful thing to do and if you do that I will not only kill you but blacklist you from every game I ever run in the future. I will also send you rude messages in the post. Just don't do it.

9) Please don't copy and paste things that I sent you (IE: the PM containing your role) verbatim into the topic.
Feel free to paraphrase, but if you copy what I said directly then people might be able to match it with wording used in their own and confirm that you aren't lying.
This is what we call cheating!

10) Don't post when you are dead
10a) When you are killed you can make a single post saying something like "Oh no!" or "I told you so!" or some kind of amusing epitaph or reaction image, as long as it contains nothing about the actual game state and who people should kill because of your death.
Quoting this rule while doing so might also be a good idea because I stealth added it just after the start of day one but didn't feel like it was important enough to make an official announcement about B)

HANDY LINKS:
A beginner's guide to being awesome at mafia.
A little flash-powered explanation of the game in case mine was unclear.
A mafia-themed wiki, containing some game theory and a list of less common roles.
The place I usually play mafia games, in case you want to read some before playing yourself.

If you ever have any questions during the game please do ask me in your personal quicktopic, although obviously if you ask me something like "Is Miggles scum?" (scum here being a term commonly used to refer to people who are not on the Town team, rather than an insult) I won't be able to answer.
Especially if he isn't playing.

GAME RELATED LINKS:
Day One
Night One
Day Two
Night Two
Day Three

PLAYERLIST:

1. Miggles
2. Dragonxp
3. TorrentHKU
4. Emogotsaone - Died Night One; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
5. Roast Veg - Died Night Two; Coalition Clone (Vanilla Town)
6. Natti
7. Izen
8. Nicolasx
9. Unwoundpath - Died Day Two; Coalition Medbot (Town Even-Night Doctor)

REPLACEMENTS:

1. Zebten
2. The Chairman
3. Harzipan

If more people want to play than sign up then I'll be happy to put your names down in case someone suddenly realises they hate the game of mafia or has some kind of life emergency which means that they can no longer play.
I would rather not replace people, but I know from the other forums I commonly play this game on that often it is unavoidable.

* Opinions expressed here may not mirror opinions of Metal Chao, and were perhaps merely posted as an exaggeration to make his OP more dramatic

Last edited by Metal Chao on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:09 am, edited 19 times in total.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - SIGNUPS [0/9 PLAYERS]
I want to play this fo' sho'. Sign me up.
I assume this will be based on CC. What's that going to be like?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:17 am
Profile WWW

Me please :D Sounds exciting as all hell!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 am
Loose Canon

Ehhhhh oh why the hell not, I'll be multicultural and ♥♥♥♥.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:34 am
Profile WWW

Totes sign me up. This reminds me of some werewolf and town game I played at my neighbor's house, it seems fun! And will there be multiple rounds, because it seems like people die quite rapidly.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh, yes. Please do more than one game, as I'm sure this one will only last a few days with only 9 people.
Speaking of days and days being temporal measurements, and temporal measurements being a direct correlation to time; I have a question: You say that the time that lasts for days and nights is subject to change.. would it become longer or shorter? Because I would personally prefer if we not have to wait a week for 1 day/night cycle to occur.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This sounds pretty different, plop me on the list.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Miggles wrote:
Oh, yes. Please do more than one game, as I'm sure this one will only last a few days with only 9 people.
Speaking of days and days being temporal measurements, and temporal measurements being a direct correlation to time; I have a question: You say that the time that lasts for days and nights is subject to change.. would it become longer or shorter? Because I would personally prefer if we not have to wait a week for 1 day/night cycle to occur.

I can't decide whether a 5 day week or 7 day week is a better idea, I shall trial 72 hours for day and then see if I need it to be longer I suppose.
If everyone makes their mind up and votes for the same person / gets their night actions in quickly then the phase will just end early because there's no point waiting around if everyone is ready.

I can't really make it much shorter than 72 hours because otherwise what with time zones not everyone will always get a chance to say anything meaningful. I'm not expecting everyone to be online at the same time.

And yeah, the flavour is going to be Cortex Command themed for this one. It won't make any difference to the actual rules, that part is just for fun.

Emogotsaone wrote:
Totes sign me up. This reminds me of some werewolf and town game I played at my neighbor's house, it seems fun! And will there be multiple rounds, because it seems like people die quite rapidly.

Werewolf is another name for Mafia (obviously, replacing the Mafia with Werewolves) so you're probably thinking along the right lines.
Like I said, if it goes well I will gladly run more.

With regard to length, if there is a lynch and a kill every day/night cycle and the game ends in a Mafia win (because those take longer), the maximum amount of time the game can last is still only three game days. It is more likely though that you will sometimes actually hit the right target, and possible that sometimes you won't actually come to a consensus, which will make things last a bit longer :P

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - SIGNUPS [5/9 PLAYERS]
i do not join. my (in-game) name is miggles and i am very untrusty.
and also are there any problems playing from europe?
You don't quite understand how this works. If you try to play Mafia not knowing what the hell you're doing like that, you're going to mess things up.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm in Europe so I'd hope not 0:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

mikolaj007 wrote:
i do not join. my (in-game) name is miggles and i am very untrusty.
and also are there any problems playing from europe?
You don't quite understand how this works. If you try to play Mafia not knowing what the hell you're doing like that, you're going to mess things up.

What the ♥♥♥♥? Why are you taking my name? Are you still pissed I kicked you out of my PW?
It's a game, bro. There's an entire forum of them you can play. Don't hold grudges like that or people are going to hate you. (especially me. no need to be such a ♥♥♥♥ about it, cool your jets bro.)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Miggles wrote:
(especially me. no need to be such a ♥♥♥♥ about it, cool your jets bro.)

You too Migs, this sounded pretty inflammatory from my end. Mikolaj, that was childish, don't do it again. Miggles, don't be so flamebait-y, you could've handled this in a PM and not had to clog up a thread.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile WWW

ok miggles sorry i dont watch usernames of the others (unless its needed) so i am sorry

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sign me up, this sounds really interesting!

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 am

Post Re: Cortex Commafia - SIGNUPS [6/9 PLAYERS]
Tentatively saying that there probably is not enough interest for this game; 9 is pretty much the minimum I could make it for an interesting setup to start with so I can't do it with any less than that.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next