View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RtD:A chance to remember. 

Post RtD:A chance to remember.
Ever played caves of qud? Play a quick round or two of it. Then return. Once you feel competent with the game then we can begin.

I shall limit this game to 4 people. I like smaller games. Gives you a connection.

INTRO:
A small box in a small room in a small cave. A clear surface is on the front. With a spark it cackles to life. The display on the box reads: Transmission from ALPHA 2-66-1 With some static in the background a shocked sounding voice erupts from the side of the box: "Bravo? Bravo come in...Bravo?....Everyone's dead....the Quads got them.....I am the last...I can't feel my arm...hold on." The voice stops and there is a sound of rustling and then gasping then the voice returns "Oh god they shoved a sword through my arm...I didn't even notice..ah man...Bravo did they get you? Bravo? Please..." You hear the revving of a engine in the background and someone yelling "THE QUAD WILL RETURN!" Then the other voice comes back "OH GOD NO PLEASE! BRAVO!!" Then SLIIIIISH. After the slish noise comes a gurgle, like someone choking on their own blood and gasping for breath.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now first some notes: I don't know everything on Caves of Qud.
But some more...simple rules:
RULES
If you do become a mutated human you can have 2 mutations. If you choose to have 1 disability you can have 1 more mutation.
If you are a pure human you get better starting equipment and get to choose one AUX item. (Check below for items and AUX items)
Combat will be controlled by the die.
If you die you die. No comebacks. You can have a final word as your life drains a away and hope the rest of the crew has time to bury you before the birds consume your flesh.
If you die you can observe the rest of the game. But cannot give words of advice to the other players.

ITEMS
You have 30 points to spend on items.

Desert hunting revolver:5 points per.
Lead shells:1/2 point per.
Basic clothing:15 points (this includes shoes, gloves, shirt, and pants
Hat:1 point per. (Because im a horrible person)
Armor:25 points per. (-5 for all pures) (This includes leather armor for all body parts. -2 to all damage)
Hunting rifle:5 points per
Bow:5 points per
Rusted blade:5 points per
Arrows: 1/2 points per.
Quiver:5 points per.

AUX ITEMS:1 only for pures
Random junk items for scrapping and selling
Random Schematic
Broken gun
Broken blade
Broken bow
Wood Axe
Helmet

COMBAT RULES
Every roll will have a D20.
Enemy's can have up to a +4 (To attacks)
You can have up to a +5 (To attacks)
Max armor is a -10
Explosive damage will do splash damage.
The further away the less damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If any of you feel the need to add extra rules go ahead. Suggest.
And...word of advise. Stay away from the Quads. They will wheel you out until there is nothing left.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 am

Post Re: RtD:A chance to remember.
What. I could have sworn I had a few replies and I had to change the rules so you HAD to have 1 clothing and 1 weapon......am I insane?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Post Re: RtD:A chance to remember.
Nonsequitorian wrote:
No, DRL crashed or something earlier today and was reverted back to an earlier state.

I had posted a character who is now not here, so it's not you.

Oh good, I was wondering what was going on.
I thought I had gone crazy.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]